1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Data State of the Game: 02/20/2011

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Deck Knight, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Psst...

Say goodbye to Grumpig for the time being.
  2. FinnRagetti

FinnRagetti

My Scraggy was soooo close ;-;
  3. coolking49

coolking49

So that means something like shuckle or touros is 10 points now? there goes some of my plans.

edit: unown is 8 rarity points then... I think that should be thought through along with delibird, etc.
  4. Chomper The Sharptooth

Chomper The Sharptooth

And Luvdisk is 6...

It's never come up yet but I feel like Sleep Talk might need to be changed later on. As it stands if a trainer uses Sleep Talk the Ref will either have to "randomly" select themselves (we aren't random, that's why we're linked to an RNG) or number every single attack they have and use whichever the RNG lands on. I have three ideas on how it could work differently

1. Let the trainer choose. Make the Energy cost equal to their move plus Sleep Talk (6). It'll be almost a hinderance to use consecutive turns (10 + attack, 14 + attack, etc). The only real problem with this Sleep Talk + Status Recovery move unless we want less sleep which is always a distinct possibility.

2. Randomly select from three moves used last round. A whole lot simpler than a big huge random selection.

3. Randomly select from last three unique options. Makes sure they don't have only one or two choices to be "randomly" picked. The odds make them work like a CroPokemon even if they don't initiate their own rest.
  5. mewtwo15026

mewtwo15026

I don't know if this is best mentioned here or in the Data Audit, but...

The Damage Calculator mentions Weight-Based / Full-Body attacks. Could you mention which attacks are and aren't in the Audit just as a reminder?
  6. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

There aren't that many weight-based ones.

And they are listed in the "Weight Scale of Damage" tab on the same document.
  7. Deck Knight

Deck Knight Well-shuffled and flush
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor

Yes. if you wish to reallot your KO Counters and can reach the evolution threshold, simply exchange them and remove the moves you obtained through KO counters.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)