Stay! Sit! Play Dead!(OU Sandstorm RMT)

This team needs tweaking, but its very good, actually:).

Shinytress(Fortress) @ Leftovers (caught in mass outbreak)
Sturdy
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD (0 speed ivs)
Relaxed
Toxic Spikes
Spikes
Rapid Spin
Volt Switch

Now, one thing I always like 2 do is 2 give extra speed evs 2 a pok?mon thats defensive so i can outspeed other pok?mon of the same species. However, I actually like this as slow as possible, because it lets me spin out entry hazards as the oppenent lays them, whitch i learned the hard way is not the case with faster spinners such as Tentacruel. Additionaly, it allows me 2 use volt switch after the oppnent attacks me, allowing me 2 switch in my counters more freely, and this thing can take the hit. Stacking hazards is a selling point of this team, and this pok?mon is built just 4 that. I could further abuse his low speed with gyro ball, but I need the other listed moves and already had 2 make tough decisions on what 2 cut.

Hippowhoah(Hippowdon) @ Leftovers(found in Diamond)
Sand Stream
252 HP / 236 Def / 12 SpD / 8Spe
Impish
Earthquake
Roar
Slack Off
Stealth Rock

When using stall teams, I learned that damaging wheather can make a huge difference, even if I dont have any rock types on my team. Hippowdon is a better choice 4 my team than T-tar, because Phisical attacks r a lot more common then special attacks in OU, and tho it dosnt have a good typing 4 defense, its better than Dark&Rock! Everything else is simple; Stealth rock because this team loves hazard support, Slack Off because it lets my tank repair itself, Roar 2 foil baton-pass chains and 2 be awesome when they switch, and earthquake so i'm not helpless when taunted.

Sit! Good!(Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers(final egg hatched shiny 4 the 1st time)
Iron Barbs
252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD (all Ivs maxed, including speed, but its shiny)
Relaxed
Gravity
Spikes
Leech Seed
Protect

Now, there r a few things that make this ferrothorn stand out. First of all, I already have a spiker. The reason 4 this is simply its very difficult 2 set up 5 entry hazards, and very risky because you become extreemly succeptible 2 taunt and can easily b used as settup fodder. This doesnt help much with the latter, but Ferrothorn makes a great backup spiker, and the last 3 members of my team have no trouble taking fire attack, and my main reason i decided 2 make this team is immune 2 fighting! Keep in mind that just because Fortress may not be able 2 finish stacking spikes doesnt mean he wont b able 2 get layers up. I also no that this thing is extreemly easyily used as settup fodder via magnezone. Keep in mind, tho, that 4 of my pok?mon counter virtually all magnezone sets, and 2 of thos can still counter it even if it has air baloon! Gravity is by far the strangest move on the set, but 1 of the main reasons im using him, because this makes levitater and flying type pokemon take entry hazard damage! It doesnt sound that big, but it completly destroys walls like latias (if it lack refresh), and (I think) neutralizes air baloon, whitch could otherwise b a nuiscance. Additionally, should i fail 2 set it up, my team is still fully operational, thus giving me flexibility that certain stratergies (such as trick room) do not have. Leech seed + protect on a badly posioned opponent not counting stealth rock damage or spike damage will do (considering protect and that sandstorm is up)= 1/16 (Toxic) + 1/8 (Leech Seed) + 1/16 (Sandstorm)*2 (Protect) + 1/16 (Toxic's turnly increase)= 9/16, just over 1/2! I know that pok?mon with magic guard are immune 2 this, but since they'rer phicic type, another team member has a suprise 4 them...but anyways, that calculation didnt include spikes (whitch, due 2 gravity, all pok?mon except those w/ magic guard now are succeptible 2), or stealth rocks, whitch now adds up 2 13/16 + stealth rock, and any pokemon that is at all weak 2 rock type will faint in 2 turns!!! If they r neutral, theyll have 1/16 hp left, if they're .5 resistant, they'll have 2/16 hp left, and if they're .25 * resistant, they'll have 5/32 Hp left. Keep in mind, however, that grass types r immune 2 leech seed, while steel types resist stealth rock and r immune 2 posion, and posion types cancel toxic spikes & r immune 2 posion (obviously). Keep in mind, tho if any pokemon without magic guar at any time before ferrothorn uses protect directly attacks it, the damage they take from iron barbs + all the hazards & 2 turns of sandstorm, leech seed, and toxic will KO any pokemon that isnt .25* resistant 2 stealth rock, and the ferrothron i use has very large investment in SpD.

Stay!Good!(Chandelure) @ Leftovers(Got from a trade & bred)
SHADOW TAG!!!
252 Hp / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold
Hex
Trick Room
Protect
Will-O-Wisp

Remeber my last team, were i said i ran out of berrys 4 lowering stats? This is girl y. She had max speed b4 i got 2 it! Its set seams stupid 4 such an awesome SpA, but the rason i use it is simple: Shadow tag. Now, even tho shes a girl, this rascal loves 2 play dirty, quite literally! Although she doesnt like the sandstorm, she lives with it, and she just eats her homade leftovers and forgets the sandstorm exists. I really wanted 2 run curse, but even with shadow tag it was 2 situational, so i decided 2 run Trick Room, considering my team can operate without it. Magic bounce will reflect it, but as long as gravitys up, they will still be toxiced. I honestly cant remeber if the magic bounce negates the damge, but even if it does, hex's power will still b boosted, and most viable users of magic bounce/guard r weak against it, and even uninvested, chandelures SpA is amazingly high, easily OHKOing or 2HKOing any statused-inflicted bouncer or guarder, walling special threats, and burning phisical 1s. Underestimate her and die. With her Trick Room up, she can outspeed many poetential threats, and stall them out with a combo of protect 4 residual damage and Will-O-Wisp 4 anything that cant b posioned.

HotHotHot!(Heatran) @ Binding Band/Leftovers(Diamond stark mountain)
Flash Fire
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm
Will-o-Wisp
Magma Storm
Protect
Roar

Heatran is either my best or my second best abuser of everything my team abuses! It can wall anything special that could threaten my team and roar it out, scoring extra hazard damage, and then lock in the new pok?mon or whatever else switches 2 take its palce tthe next turn whith Magmastorm, whitch even without investment will not only deal substantial damage and prevent them from switching, but also add 1/16 damage 2 the already amazing amount they take from sanstorm, toxic, etc., 1/8 with binding band, not 2 mention damage it substationaly on the actual hit, then further abuse it with protect. Phisical sweepers r more prominent, however, even if i invested in its defense, anything strong with good coverage coulde ealy 2HKO me.What it can do, tho especially in trick room, is switch into a special threat, trap whatevers in the next turn, and, if its phisical BUT lacks ground type moves in its sets, Will-o-Wisp it 2 neutralize the boost it gets from being super effective. Still, I cpuld really use Wish support, but there really isnt an open slot 4 it on my team. Also, anything thats burned and trapped i can easily use as settiup fodder 4 my last pok... drumroll...

(Censored)(Quagsire) @ Leftovers(Dream World)
Unaware
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Careful
Curse(Finaly!!!)
Earthquake
Waterfall
Slack Off

Its amazing! anything that lacks a grass type move will almost guarenteed b unable 2 take this thing down , especially after it Curses. This is the pok?mon thats giving heatran a run for its money 4 best abuser; it utilizes trick room with its slow speed, and curse lowers it further, earthquakes almost everything with gravity, gets 2 exchange Toxic 4 Curse due 2 gravity + Toxic spikes, and abuses its own ability 2 such an extent that, bar critical hits, status abnormalities, and grass-type moves, this things practically impossible 2 beat! With it, the only real thing that worrys me is Virvizion. However, im pretty sure it doesnt have good fire type coverage, and i could probaly worst case scenario sacrifice some poks 2 stall it out, or if i succsefully trick room w/ chandelure, will-o-wisp the next turn.

I really want a better Toxic shuffler, and im thinking about replacing Will-O-Wisp w/ toxic since gravity doesnt last long, and if im also thinking about exchanging quagsire 4 aerodactl, max spped max attack, but a suprise 1 that carries both protect and sky drop 2 get 2 turns of stall in and a free attack, and with life orb that could really b powerful. however, im left open 2 settup sweepers then, and quagsire alwasya knows how 2 clutch:). Any suggestions?

Please. Use. Grammar. Also, Sky Drop is a bad idea in any metagame. Very gimmicky. But keep Quagsire because otherwise, you're team would be extremely weak to Water. Aerodactyl would worsen that.

True. Any possible improvements?

Like, for example, a Leftover multiscale Dragonite to ofset sandstorm damge and Toxic stall by using both protect and sky drop, roungding off the set with dragon dance (mainly for speed) and roost (all good tanks have healing moves)? Or is my team already good?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)