Staying away from popularity: Pokemon that you like that others don't and hate that everyone likes

Which one, out of the six Pokemon chosen, is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The most overrated starter imo (yea even more than charmander) is Mudkip I never understood what was so special about him Treecko and Torchic are far more intresting and with better evolutions than stupid ogre salamnder. And don't even remind me of the known "meme" about him.

image.jpg

The most overrated starter imo (yea even more than charmander) is Mudkip I never understood what was so special about him Treecko and Torchic are far more intresting and with better evolutions than stupid ogre salamnder. And don't even remind me of the known "meme" about him.

View attachment 16264
Yep, gotta agree with that one. I don't understand Mudkip's appeal at all, I find Torchic way cuter and far more impressive, and Sceptile looks like a really cool leaf dragon thing. Swampert just looks like a salamander that got on the wrong end of a bicycle pump and it's mega evolution is even worse. I can understand if people like it solely for the competitive value (Ferrothorn is ugly imo but I accept its worth as a mon) but most people who like it don't play competitively (and ignoring the fact that Blaziken is banned in OU, it's obviously superior in that respect), I just don't get it.

Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken must be one of the most underrated starters though. It's an adorable giant chicken, what's not to love?

Kadew

*bird sounds*
is an Artist Alumnus

I've never met another person for whom Azelf was their favorite. It is a sad thing, namely because it means that there is very little cute art of azelf aside from group shots with its whole lake trio.

In terms of popular thing that I hate, I can't really think of any. I'm just not much for hating.

I love Azelf. He carried me through my diamond run with his insane move pool and my horrible levels. A 60 something torterra, 50 something staraptor and a dialga were my only other pokemon that weren't under 40

Oh man we talking legendaries now?
Alright I kinda sorta hate these things

Now, in terms of battling in Ubers, I love these guys for the most part. Arceus is very interesting, Giratina's a great wall, Palkia's a fantastic special attacker and Dialga... well, I like it's typing I guess.
But in-universe and story wise, these guys went a little too far, and to some extent the lake trio. I know this has been said so many times and it's almost cliche by now, but at the point where you can stuff God into a Poké Ball, along with the concepts of Time, Space, and Antimatter, it just feels a little too ridiculous. I much prefer the legends of BW and XY story-wise, because while they obviously command a lot of power and there's a lot of lore surrounding them to make them deserve the title of Legendary, they are self-contained stories confined to their regions that are not gods.
Gen 4 they just went fuck it. Let's make gods. This, to me, is not only ridiculously overpowered, but it means that storywise no other legend can ever surpass or even be on the same level as these things - and thus diminishes the 'legendary' status -, and in addition it makes these Pokémon aside from Giratina honestly very boring. There's no real room for development because they're absolute. Dialga is Time. Palkia is Space. Arceus is God. That's it.

Things that are popular that I hate:

I hate stallmons in general. They're not difficult to beat in a battle; it's just that it prolongs the battle and makes it more boring. Another reason why they don't appeal to me is that I hate most of their designs (gliscor is okay). Lastly, I feel that they oppose the purpose of pokemon battles (not competitive ones, but just a regular pokemon battle). Not even to this day you see a pokemon battle on the anime use toxic + roost, or t-wave + recover, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)