Steady, Set, Sweep!

Another RMT: Perhaps the most comprehensive.

Here's the team at glance...

There’s not much to say about this team. I made it from the overall situation I’ve seen thus far in the current Shoddy gameplay.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait/Ability: No Guard
Nature: Adamant
EV spread: 252 HP/56 Atk/40 Def/136 SDef/24 Spe
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rest
- Sleeptalk
<Description>
I was pretty surprised at how bulky this Champ is.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait/Ability: Intimidate
EV spread: 148 HP/176 Def/184 Spe
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt/Earthquake
- Stone Edge
<Description>
I took the liberty of lurking in the old section of RMT and dug out this great EV spread for Gyarados. This Gyarados does not have any Atk ev’s, but its bulkiness makes more perfect sense for Heracross countering and sweeping.

Metagross @ Choice Band/Life Orb
Trait/Ability: Clear Body
EV spread: 252 HP/240 Atk/12 Spe
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Explosion
- Bullet Punch
<Description>
CBGross with Pursuit. Good night, Gengar. Hypnosis no longer save your butt. Thbb. CB Explosion kills near darn anything that does not resist, and leaving 1% leftover as max dmg on Forry/Skarm. The spread is different than the standard since the residual dmg doesn't allow Dugtrio EQ survivability anyhow.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait/Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
EV spread: 252 HP/184 Atk/74 Def
- Gyro Ball
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
<Description>
I felt threatened without the use of rapid spinner.

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait/Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Naughty
EV spread: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
<Description>
I needed a scarfer won't be persuited to death and is somewhat bulky enough to take hit, and that's Salamence. The Draco Meteor is somewhat better to use for the fact that it guarantees OHK on most Garchomp, unlike Dragon Claw's 89% dmg leftover, which spells trouble.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait/Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
EV spread: 244 HP/96 Def/170 SDef
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
<Description>
Snorlax is like Blissey without its weight and burden to carry around.

A few nit/pick from me:
Overall, I'm pretty profound of this supposed-to-be-fun team, and it actually turned out into quite a formidable one. Sub + SD Garchomp will be annoying to counter, and so it is for every team that doesn't have 2 + 3 counters at bay.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's not forget Garchomp with Choice Scarf has Fire Blast at its disposal, so it's not as if it will be able to switch in continuosly fearless of the Fire-type attack.

That's not the only weakness. With no support, Gyarados will not be able to answer Infernape, MixMence, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Heracross and Lucario. These Pokemon are very common in today's metagame. It's not as if Gyarados can handle any of the Pokemon on that list effectively. However, I'm only warning you because this team's pretty offensive and will most likely be forced to sweep / revenge kill in return.

I would advise Forretress to lead, despite the common leads that are generally a threat - but you need to get out Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes early. With that, it means I recommend Toxic Spikes over Zap Cannon, you can take down your opponent with some poison support. We know Gyarados has an even easier time taking you apart, but in the long run it's worth it (Salamence is your main shot against Gyarados). You have Gyro Ball as an attacking option, so add Stealth Rock over Earthuake.

I guess the Tyranitar's cool.

Salamence has an awfully different set that I can't comprehend. Consider some special attack on the EV spread, and add Fire Blast / Flamethrower over Aerial Ace for more coverage. Or you could scrap the idea and use the standard Choice Band set with a Choice Scarf (or even the Choice Specs set).

Let's not forget Garchomp with Choice Scarf has Fire Blast at its disposal, so it's not as if it will be able to switch in continuosly fearless of the Fire-type attack.

That's not the only weakness. With no support, Gyarados will not be able to answer Infernape, MixMence, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Heracross and Lucario. These Pokemon are very common in today's metagame. It's not as if Gyarados can handle any of the Pokemon on that list effectively. However, I'm only warning you because this team's pretty offensive and will most likely be forced to sweep / revenge kill in return.

I would advise Forretress to lead, despite the common leads that are generally a threat - but you need to get out Stealth Rock and Toxic Spikes early. With that, it means I recommend Toxic Spikes over Zap Cannon, you can take down your opponent with some poison support. We know Gyarados has an even easier time taking you apart, but in the long run it's worth it (Salamence is your main shot against Gyarados). You have Gyro Ball as an attacking option, so add Stealth Rock over Earthuake.

I guess the Tyranitar's cool.

Salamence has an awfully different set that I can't comprehend. Consider some special attack on the EV spread, and add Fire Blast / Flamethrower over Aerial Ace for more coverage. Or you could scrap the idea and use the standard Choice Band set with a Choice Scarf (or even the Choice Specs set).
Putting Forry in front would usually mean a -1 turn from switching. But dang, there's so much conflict that a few changes to the team would spell disfunctions. I'll take some time refiguring the synergy and leading.

And thanks for pointing out the weaknesses. I really hope for more comments.

hm.....i really like evrything on your team..its not the pokemon you have to change, it just a little bit of the moves. Maybe you should add a dragon dance to salemence. of course like taylor said a garachomp with swords dance and subsitute would be deadly.

Definitely Taunt over Earthquake on Gyarados.

I like Rest Talk Machamp, but not as a lead. I know it is a grwat anti lead, but Choicers could dispose of Champ quickly, which you obviously don't want.

Scarfers are almost always nice leads, so although I do NOT like ScarfMence, I like it better as your lead than Champ.
Prediction for the answer of course. I'm not going to obviously let Champ get kill from a possible Choice Bander/Spec. And with all these focus sashers and scarfGar/Azelf around, LeadMences are sh-...well you should know. Dynamic-confusion is also hard to pass up for a lead, and a very nice one rather. Machamp also isn't that frail with the provided spread unless you haven't experience one. STAB'ed shizzle doesn't guarantee OHK at times.

hm.....i really like evrything on your team..its not the pokemon you have to change, it just a little bit of the moves. Maybe you should add a dragon dance to salemence. of course like taylor said a garachomp with swords dance and subsitute would be deadly.
Sub + SD Chomps are either limited to: a.Outrage/DC + EQ, b.Outrage/DC + Fire Fang. It's truly an annoying creation, but obviously I won't give the darn thing a free subbing/SD'ing w/o dmg intake to cancel out the sub. SubChomp is a threat to every possible team w/o 2-3 counters, so just pointing that weakness out is a so-so universal jizzle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)