1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed Steampowered vs. Alpha Jolt. A Reffing in the Bar (AR: Maxim, TR: Its A Random)

Discussion in 'ASB' started by Maxim, Aug 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxim

Maxim

So, you want to hear that tale about the bar fight eh? Not really much of a tale, I much prefer the time I went up that blasted Stormrage Mountain. Sigh, suit yourself.

Anyway, I was passing by an old Western-themed town when I heard a commotion in the local Pub. Normally I wouldn't have involved myself in such matters, except for the fact that an old friend of mine was in there screaming for help.

Naturally, I got her out of there, but then got dragged into the conflict again! This time by two trainers who were determined to have a ref for their match, and since I was the only sober one around (besides them of course), they picked me. I would have refused, except for the fact that I was told in no uncertain terms that I would be shot by one of the spectators. He was probably drunk, but I wasn't about to argue.

And so the match...began!

Okay then, so let's get this turn order straigh-
    *dodges stray thunderbolt* How the heck am I supposed to ref in this mess?

• Steampowered sends out two Pokemon
    • Alpha Jolt sends out Pokemon plus orders
    • Steampowered orders
    • I send reffing to Its A Random
    • I post reffing with the edits (if any)
    • Switch turn order, then repeat
    Ok, here are the teams:

Steampowered's Team:
    Storm the Dragonair (open)

[​IMG]
    Storm (F) Dragonair

Type:

Dragon Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:

Shed Skin (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Marvel Scale (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

EC 6/9
    MC 0
    DC 4/5

Nature:

Naughty Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense

HP: 100
    Atk: Rank 4 (+)
    Def: Rank 3
    SpA: Rank 3
    SpD: Rank 2 (-)
    Spe: 70

Attacks:

Wrap
    Leer
    Thunder Wave
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Slam
    Agility

Thunderbolt
    Dragon Tail
    Flamethrower

Dragon Dance
    Extremespeed
    Dragon Rush
    Safeguard
    Aqua Jet
    Iron Tail
    Aqua Tail

Cello the Servine (open)

[​IMG]
    Cello (M) Servine

Type:

Grass Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Overgrow (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Contrary (DW) (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon's unique structure reverses stat changes it recieves in battle, both from its attacks and the opponents. At the end of the round, stat changes will still increase/decrease toward 0.

EC 7/9
    MC 0
    DC 5/5

Nature:

Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)

HP: 90
    Atk: Rank 1 (-)
    SpA: Rank 3 (+)
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 83

Attacks

Tackle
    Leer
    Vine Whip
    Wrap
    Growth
    Leaf Tornado
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Slam

Toxic
    Double Team
    Swagger

Magical Leaf
    Mirror Coat
    Pursuit
    Leaf Storm
    Taunt
    Swagger
    Giga Drain

Similee the Lombre (open)

[​IMG]
    Similee (M) Lombre

Type:

Water Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Grass Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Swift Swim (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain.

Rain Dish (Innate) This Pokemon collects water in the rain and absorbs it into its body, healing two (2) HP/action.

Own Tempo (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.

EC 5/9
    MC 0
    DC 1/5

Nature:

Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)

Atk: Rank 2 (-)
    SpA: Rank 3 (+)
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 50

Attacks

Astonish
    Growl
    Absorb
    Nature Power
    Mist
    Natural Gift
    Mega Drain
    Bubble Beam
    Zen Headbutt
    Rain Dance

Giga Drain
    Synthesis
    Counter

Scald
    Energy Ball
    Surf

Team Alpha Jolt:
    Maximus the Grovyle (open)

[​IMG]
    Grovyle* [Maximus] (M)
    Nature: Naughty (+Atk, - SpD)
    Type: Grass
    Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
    Overgrow: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2).
    Unburden (DW): (Innate)This Pokemon is incredibly possessive. If it uses or loses an item in battle its rage swells and its speed doubles (x2) until it receives another item.

Stats:
    Atk: Rank 4 (+1)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 3
    SpD: Rank 2 (-1)
    Spe: 95

EC: 8/9
    MC: 0
    DC: 5/5

Attacks:
    Pound
    Leer
    Absorb
    Quick Attack
    Fury Cutter
    Pursuit
    Screech
    Mega Drain
    Leaf Blade
    Giga Drain
    Detect
    Leaf Storm

Crunch
    Endeavor
    Grasswhistle
    Leech Seed
    Synthesis

Dig
    Brick Break
    Energy Ball
    Swords Dance
    Rock Slide
    Substitute

Counter

Hades the Haunter (open)

[​IMG]
    Gastly [Hades] (M)
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, - Atk)
    Type: Ghost/Poison
    Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
    Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
    Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
    Atk: Rank 1 (-1)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 4 (+1)
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 80

EC: 6/9
    MC: 0

Attacks:
    Hypnosis
    Spite
    Lick
    Mean Look
    Curse
    Night Shade
    Confuse Ray
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Ball
    Dark Pulse
    Hex

Grudge
    Disable
    Clear Smog

Toxic
    Taunt
    Protect
    Thunderbolt
    Sludge Bomb
    Energy Ball
    Will-o-Wisp
    Substitute

"Well, let's just get this over with, I hate bars even when they aren't being crazy. Your move Steampowered"
  2. Steampowered

Steampowered

Sorry about that, I assumed that you were going to bring 3 pokes because you said switch=OK, if you wanna change it to switch=KO I'm fine with it

Alright, let's go Similee the Lombre and Storm the Dragonair!
  3. AlphaJolt

AlphaJolt

It doesn't matter because its 2v2 Doubles. "Switch=ok" was sarcastic lol. The only advantage you have is seeing my team and choosing which 2/3 of yours you want to use. So anyway... Maximus and Hades let's put them in their place and then enjoy a few beers after that! Max you're the fastest here. Take advantage of that by creating a 15 HP Sub right off the bat. Then go for a Leech Seed on Storm and finish by using Leaf Storm on Similee. Hades, start off by using Confuse Ray on Storm so that they have a harder time breaking Max's sub. then go for some damage on Similee by using Sludge Bomb followed by Shadow Ball.
  4. Steampowered

Steampowered

This will be difficult

Alright Storm, start off with a Safeguard to protect both yourself and Similee from the Confuse Ray and the Leech Seed, follow up with a Thunder Wave on Hades and finish with a Dragon Rush on Hades

if Safeguard doesn't protect against Leech Seed and Confuse Ray the replace that action with Dragon Rush on Hades

Alright Similee, begin with a Rain Dance to double your speed with Swift Swim and regain some health with Rain Dish (let's make this a rain of ALCOHOL), follow up with a rain boosted Scald on Hades for some damage (and a possible burn) and finish with a Giga Drain on Hades

if the Alcohol Rain won't work replace Rain Dance with an Enegy Ball on Hades

lets hope that the other bar brawlers will help us in the battle
  5. Maxim

Maxim

Hmm, I'm probably going to say no to Alcohol Rain, simply because the description for Rain Dance says that it makes rain clouds and we're inside. If you had a damp rock i might have done it.

Team Steampowered:
    [​IMG]
    Similee (Lombre) [M]
    Health: 90
    Energy: 100
    Speed: 50
    Boosts/Drops: 0
    Comment: uhh...
    Moves: Energy Ball (Hades)~Scald (Hades)~Giga Drain (Hades)
    [​IMG]
    Storm (Dragonair) [F]
    Health: 100
    Speed: 70
    Comment: Ugh, such savagery
    Moves: Safeguard~Thunder Wave (Hades)~Dragon Rush (Hades)

Team AlphaJolt:
    [​IMG]
    Maximus (Grovyle) [M]
    Speed: 95
    Comments: Let's get this brawl started!
    Moves: 15 HP Sub~Leech Seed (Storm)~Leaf Storm (Similee)
    [​IMG]
    Hades (Haunter) [M]
    Speed: 80
    Comments: ......
    Moves: Confuse Ray (Storm)~Sludge Bomb (Similee)~Shadow Ball (Similee)

Round 1: The Start of Chaos

And so the slugfest started.

The first round wasn't anything special, every pokemon except one was just setting up for the next action. Maximus started out by creating a Substitute from it's leaves; it wasn't very sturdy, but it was enough to get the job done. Hades then tried to launch a ray to confuse Storm, and managed to land a rather severe confusion. Storm overcame this for now and set up a Safeguard to protect her team from status for quite a while. Similee attempted to make some rain from the alcohol, but after failing that, he took the rather too vibrant energy from the arena to make a ball to launch against Hades. On a side note, that ball seemed to have a rather amber tone to it...no matter.

Maximus continued the set up by launching some leech seeds at Storm, and it connects! Apparently, Steampowered hadn't read the instruction manual for safeguard, because it doesn't guard against leech seed. Bummer. Unlike his partner, Hades went on the offensive and launches a gross ball of sludge, mixed in with copious amounts of alcohol, at Similee, which d
    id massive damage. Storm tried to whip up a wave of thunder to slow down that Haunter, but she hit herself with the electricity instead. Luckily for her, it didn't paralyze her! Similee continued his offensive on Hades by launching some scalding alcohol at him. That seemed to burn him!

Both Maximus and Hades had had enough of Similee, so they decided to make a joint attack on the Lombre, launching a Storm of Leaves (or rather, broken glass) and a Ball of Shadows respectively. This did some massive damage, but Similee was still standing and that Leaf Storm took a lot out of Maximus. Storm, who shook off confusion yet again, Rushed Hades with Draconic power which connects and does some decent damage. Similee quit fooling around and Giga Drained the life out of Hades (not sure how that was supposed to work, seeing as he's a ghost...).

Overall, I thought, this was going to be a quick match. But then I noticed a Machoke near the bar stand, who was throwing filled beer bottles all over the place! It was like a Rock Slide of bottles. He wasn't aiming for anything in particular, so only Maximus, or more precisely, his substitute was hit.

Calculations (open)

Action One
    Grovyle used 15 HP Substitute
    A substitute was created!
    [-12 Energy] [-15 Health]

Haunter used Confuse Ray
    Intensity: 2/3=Severe
    Storm was severely confused!
    [-4 Energy] [Dragonair confused for 3 actions]

Storm used Safeguard
    To Hit Self: [50<= Yes]=98=NO
    A veil was used around the team!
    [-10 Energy] [Safeguarded for 4 rounds]

Lombre used Energy Ball on Hades
    To Crit: [1= Yes]=5=NO
    To Drop: [10<= Yes]=82=NO
    Damage: [8+3+1.5]*.67=8.375=8 Damage
    [8 Damage Haunter] [-5 Energy]

Confusion lowered to 2 Actions

Action Two
    Grovyle used Leech Seed
    To Hit: [10<= Miss]=73=HIT
    Dragonair was seeded!
    [-9 Energy]

Haunter used Sludge Bomb on Similee
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=8=NO
    To Poison: [10<= Yes]=61=NO
    Damage: [9+3+1.5]*1.5=20.25=20 Damage
    [20 Damage Lombre] [-6 Energy]

Storm used Thunder Wave on Hades
    To Hit Self: [50<= Yes]=1 (too bad that wasn't a crit roll isn't it?)=Yes
    Damage: [4+1.5]=5.5=6 Damage
    [6 Damage Dragonair] [Confusion lowered to 1 Action] [-7 Energy]

Lombre used Scald on Hades
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=10=NO
    To Burn: [30<= Yes]=18=YES
    Haunter was burned!
    Damage: [8+3+1.5]=12.5=13 Damage
    [13 Damage Haunter] [-5 Energy]

Confusion wore off!

Burn Damage:
    [-2 HP Haunter]

Seeded:
    [-3 HP Dragonair] [+3 HP Grovyle]

Action Three
    Grovyle used Leaf Storm on Similee!
    To Hit: [10<= Miss]=92=HIT
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=12=NO
    Damage: [14+3]=17 Damage
    [17 Damage Lombre] [-8 Energy] [-2 SpA Grovyle]

Haunter used Shadow Ball on Similee
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=11=NO
    To Drop: [20<= Yes]=43=NO
    Damage: [8+3+1.5]=12.5 Damage=13 Damage
    [13 Damage Lombre] [-5 energy]

Storm used Dragon Rush on Hades
    To Hit: [25<= Miss]=56=HIT
    To Crit: [1= Yes]=8=NO
    Damage: [10+3+3]=16 Damage
    [16 Damage Haunter] [-6 Energy]

Lombre used Giga Drain on Hades
    To Crit: [=1 Yes]=4=NO
    Damage: [8+1.5]=9.5=10 Damage
    [10 Damage Haunter] [+5 HP Lombre] [-11 Energy]

Burn Damage:
    [-2 HP Haunter]

Seeded:
    [-3 HP Dragonair] [+3 HP Grovyle]

Post Round:
    Event Chance: [50>= Yes]=65

Calculating...

Machoke used Rock Slide on everyone!
    To Hit Grovyle: [45<= HIT]=33=HIT
    To Hit haunter: [45<= Hit]=79=Miss
    To Hit Storm: [45<= Hit]=92=Miss
    To Hit Lombre: [45<= Hit]=63=Miss
    Damage Grovyle: [8+3]=11 Damage
    [11 Damage Grovyle]

Team Steampowered:
    [​IMG]
    Similee (Lombre) [M]
    Health: 45
    Energy: 79
    Speed: 50
    Comment: uhh...

[​IMG]
    Storm (Dragonair) [F]
    Health: 88
    Energy: 77
    Speed: 70
    Comment: Ugh, such savagery

Team AlphaJolt:
    [​IMG]
    Maximus (Grovyle) [M]
    Health: 81 [4 HP Sub]
    Energy: 71
    Speed: 95
    Boosts/Drops: -2 Special Attack
    Comments: Let's get this brawl started!

[​IMG]
    Hades (Haunter) [M]
    Health: 39
    Energy: 85
    Speed: 80
    Comments: ......

Recoveries left:
    Steampowered: 2 Recovers, 5 chills
    Alpha Jolt: 2 Recovers, 5 chills

Turn Order:
    Steampowered orders
    Alpha Jolt orders
    I send reffing and then post it
  6. AlphaJolt

AlphaJolt

Steampowered hasn't been on since the 5th. I VMed him yesterday so I say give him another day and then call it cause this is taking a battle slot for me.
  7. Maxim

Maxim

Well, I'm sorry to say that this match has officially been cancelled.

Rewards:

NOBODY GETS ANYTHING!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)