1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed Steampowered Vs. Galladiator, Gladiator Fight! 2v2 Doubles

Discussion in 'ASB' started by rickheg, Oct 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickheg

rickheg

Welcome, one and all to my Colosseum. Yes, mine. I posted it in the Arena Compendium. I rightfully stole it from someone else. Also, I guess this means I have to include flavor in this match. Haven't done that in a while.

The Colosseum (open)
    Complexity: Simple
    Format: All
    Arena Type: None
    Restrictions: None

The Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. There's a water source, as well as plenty of rocks. If the Emperor (referee) decrees the match to be too boring, then he may order the release of a pokemon into the arena that will attack indescriminately. It can be a legendary like Kyogre or something smaller like Houndoom.

Here's Gladiator Steampowered's Team;
    Storm the Dragonair (open)

[​IMG]
    Storm (F) Dragonair

Type:

Dragon Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:

Shed Skin (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Marvel Scale (DW) (Innate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

EC 6/9
    MC 0
    DC 4/5

Nature:

Naughty Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Special Defense

HP: 100
    Atk: Rank 4 (+)
    Def: Rank 3
    SpA: Rank 3
    SpD: Rank 2 (-)
    Spe: 70

Attacks:

Wrap
    Leer
    Thunder Wave
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Slam
    Agility

Thunderbolt
    Dragon Tail
    Flamethrower

Dragon Dance
    Extremespeed
    Dragon Rush
    Safeguard
    Aqua Jet
    Iron Tail
    Aqua Tail

Total Moves: 17

Cello the Servine (open)

[​IMG]
    Cello (M) Servine

Type:

Grass Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:

Overgrow (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33% (flat), the Base Attack Power of any grass attack is increased by two (2). (eg Giga Drain goes from 8 to 10, Solarbeam from 12 to 14)

Contrary (DW) (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon's unique structure reverses stat changes it recieves in battle, both from its attacks and the opponents. At the end of the round, stat changes will still increase/decrease toward 0.

EC 7/9
    MC 0
    DC 5/5

Nature:

Modest (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Attack)

HP: 90
    Atk: Rank 1 (-)
    Def: Rank 3
    SpA: Rank 3 (+)
    SpD: Rank 3
    Spe: 83

Attacks

Tackle
    Leer
    Vine Whip
    Wrap
    Growth
    Leaf Tornado
    Leech Seed
    Mega Drain
    Slam

Toxic
    Double Team
    Swagger

Magical Leaf
    Mirror Coat
    Pursuit
    Leaf Storm
    Taunt
    Swagger
    Giga Drain

Total Moves: 19

And Gladiator Galladiator's Team;
    Jack the Charmeleon (open)
    [​IMG]

Charmeleon [Jack] (M)
    Nature: Rash (+ Sp. Atk, - Sp. Def)
    Type:
    Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
    Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
    Solar Power (DW): (Innate) When in bright sunlight, this Pokemon burns solar energy and 1 HP/action to increase the Base Attack Power of all their special attacks by two (2).

Stats:
    Atk: Rank 3
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 4 (+)
    SpD: Rank 2 (-)
    Spe: 80
    Size Class: 2
    Weight Class: 2
    Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 4/9
    MC: 2
    DC: 3/5

Moves:
    Scratch
    Growl
    Ember
    Leer
    Metal Claw
    Smoke Screen
    Rage
    Dragon Rage
    Scary Face
    Fire Fang
    Slash
    Fire Spin

Dragon Pulse
    Flare Blitz
    Crunch

Dig
    Fire Blast
    Overheat

Total Moves: 18

Jean the Lampent (open)
    [​IMG]

Lampent [Jean] (F)
    Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk)
    Type:
    Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
    Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
    Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
    Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.
    Shadow Tag (DW): (Innate) Upon entry into battle, this Pokemon’s Shadow expands across the arena and dissipates, forcing opposing Pokemon to stay within 10 meters of this Pokemon. The Shadow entirely negates the ability to switch for every Pokemon except those who also have Shadow Tag.

Stats:
    Atk: Rank 1 (-)
    Def: Rank 2
    SpA: Rank 4 (+)
    SpD: Rank 2
    Spe: 55
    Size Class: 1
    Weight Class: 2
    Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 4/9
    MC: 2
    DC: 4/5

Moves:
    Ember
    Astonish
    Minimize
    Smog
    Fire Spin
    Confuse Ray
    Night Shade
    Will-o-Wisp
    Flame Burst
    Imprison
    Hex
    Overheat

Acid Armor
    Clear Smog
    Heat Wave

Shadow Ball
    Fire Blast
    Energy Ball
    Calm Mind

Total Moves: 19

Notice how I added total moves to your pokemon. You guys need to do that for all of them, especially so close to 20. Move Substitution rules, remember.

Anyway, Galladiator issued the challenge, so he needs to equip items (if any), then Steampowered does so, and then attacks!
  2. Galladiator

Galladiator

What an appropriate arena. Morituri te salutant.

Jack gets the Lucky Egg, and Jean holds a Charcoal. (They aren't on my profile yet, but I have claimed them. Check the prize thread if you don't believe me.)
  3. Steampowered

Steampowered

let's hope that no Kyogers or Groudons are released (and if you do make sure they don't target my Pokemon)

I have no items btw

alright let's get this show on the road!

Cello, you are screwed, just letting you know before you get raped

Alright Cello, outspeed everyone and begin with a Swagger on Charmeleon, follow up with a Toxic at Charmeleon and finish with Swagger on Lampent

SUB: if you see a Fire Blast or an Overheat coming at you from either Lampent or Charmeleon, sub in Mirror Coat and push actions down, but only use this sub the first time an Overheat or Fire Blast is aimed at you

Alright Storm, let's kill em' start with Safeguard to protect both yourself and Cello from status, follow up with a Thunder Wave on Charmeleon finish up with an Aqua Tail on Charmeleon

SUB: if neither of the enemies Pokemon use status inflicting this round (e.g. Will-o-Wisp, not Overheat or something which has a chance of status) then switch your first action to Aqua Tail on Charmeleon
  4. Galladiator

Galladiator

Jean: Let's see if we can't get around that whole "no status" thing. Start with a combo of Ember and Will-o-Wisp toward Dragonair, which should do damage with a side effect and thus circumvent its sub. After cooling down, use Hex on Dragonair.

Jack: Let's do some damage. Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, all at Dragonair.
  5. rickheg

rickheg

[​IMG][​IMG]
    100|90
    100|100
    none|none

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    90|90
    100|100
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg

Low on time today, too much to ref. On that combo, since it guarantees a status (ie, doesn't have a percent chance to fail), I decided it would not trigger the substitution.
    Data (open)
    Dragonair
    Safeguard
    10 Energy

Thunder Wave Charmeleon
    7 Energy

Aqua Tail Charmeleon
    hit, no crit; [9 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy

Servine
    Swagger Charmeleon
    hit, 2-Turn Confusion; 7 Energy

Toxic Charmeleon
    hit; 7 Energy

Swagger Lampent
    miss, 7 Energy

Lampent
    Ember+Will-O-Wisp Combo Dragonair
    hit, no crit; [4 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*2/3 + 4 = 10.67 ~ 11 Damage, 14 Energy

Cooldown

Hex Dragonair
    no crit; [5 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*2/3 + 4 = 11.33 ~ 11 Damage, 6 Energy

Charmeleon
    Dragon Pulse Dragonair
    no confusion, no crit; [9 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy

Dragon Rage Dragonair
    confusion; [4 + (3 - 2)*1.5] + (2)*1.75 = 9 Damage, 3 Energy

-1 HP, Toxic

Dragon Pulse Dragonair
    no paralysis, no crit; [9 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*1.5 = 18 Damage, 7 Energy

-1 HP, Toxic

[​IMG][​IMG]
    42|90
    76|79
    none|none
    Safeguard (3a)

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    90|61
    80|83
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    --|+1 Atk
    --|Paralyzed (25%), Toxic (2 DPA)

While both attempts at strategy amuse me, I think it's time to mix things up. Tyranitar! Let loose a Sandstorm, let's see how our combatants like fighting the weather. Galladiator, let's see what you've got.
  6. Galladiator

Galladiator

I hate sandstorms. At least there aren't any Rock- or Ground-types on the field...

Jean: Shadow Ball Dragonair, Fire Blast Dragonair, Shadow Ball Dragonair. Fairly straightforward for you this round, but IF Dragonair uses Agility to try to evade one of the attacks, switch the action to Calm Mind.

Jack: Dragon Pulse Dragonair, Fire Blast Dragonair, Dragon Pulse Dragonair. IF Dragonair faints before your next action, switch to Servine.
  7. Steampowered

Steampowered

No rock or ground types on the field he says, hahaha you seem to forget the Tyranitar in here with us

cello: Swagger (charmeleon) - Toxic (Lampent) - Swagger (Lampent)

SUB: if Tyranitar launches a special attack at you that is either normal effective or super effective, sub in a Mirror Coat and redirect the damage towards Charmeleon (if that's even possible)

storm: straightforwards, Dragon Tail (Charmeleon) - Aqua Tail (Charmeleon) - Dragon Rush (Charmeleon)
  8. Galladiator

Galladiator

I was talking about ones actually involved in the battle proper. The 'Tar is just an environmental quirk unique to this arena, thus it doesn't count.

<braces self for impact from a very angry Tyranitar>
  9. rickheg

rickheg

The Tyranitar are merely spectators, for now. Here's a hint; don't anger the pokemon I send in. And don't ask me why, but every time I tried to type "Servine" I would type "Service" instead. I decided you both needed to know that.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    42|90
    76|79
    none|none
    Safeguard (3a)

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    90|61
    80|83
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    --|+1 Atk
    --|Paralyzed (25%), Toxic (2 DPA)

I have returned, you may continue the fight now.

Jack the Charmeleon gets things moving again (showing initiative. That's good) by firing a Dragon Pulse at Storm, despite all the status against it. I could use a fine specimen like that for my army. Remind me after the match to confiscate that Charmeleon. Cello apparently is content playing second fiddle (laugh at my jokes, you peasants!) to the action, and shows off the Swagger he has, which has confused Jack. Jean gets back into the heat of things, and launches a Shadow Ball at Storm. Storm, normally a fast combatant, still hasn't moved. If you're asleep on the job, there'll be hell to pay! Oh, I see, the Dragonair has used Dragon Tail on Jack. A curious move, since it removes all temporary status, such as the paralysis and confusion...

Jack has apparently had enough of the opposing tomfoolery, so he launches a rather powerful Fire Blast at Storm, which is more than enough to finish the beast, Storm has been KO'ed. Cello is apparently unaware that he must deal damage to the opponents if he hopes to win, as he fires a nasty Toxic looking substance upon Jean. Jean responds by also launching a Fire Blast at Storm. What was the point of that?! It fails, and if I have to explain why, then you can leave.

Jack keeps up the offensive, with a Dragon Pulse, and this one is aimed at a valid target as it slams into Cello. Cello answers with more Swagger to Jean, confusing the Lamp shade. The bugger ignores all reason and fires another Shadow Ball at the collapsed Storm. Seriously now, that does NOT amuse me! Whomever orders another invalid move like that shall face dire consequences!
    Data (open)
    Dragonair
    Dragon Tail Charmeleon
    hit, no crit; [6 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5] = 12 Damage, 4 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm

Servine
    Swagger Charmeleon
    hit, 3-Turn Confusion; 11 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm

Toxic Lampent
    hit; 7 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm

Swagger Lampent
    hit, 3-Turn Confusion; 7 Energy

Lampent
    Shadow Ball Dragonair
    no crit, SpD drop; [8 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5] = 14 Damage, 5 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm

Fire Blast Dragonair
    failed, 7 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm
    -1 HP, Toxic

Shadow Ball Dragonair
    no confusion, failed, 5 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm
    -1 HP, Toxic

Charmeleon
    Dragon Pulse Dragonair
    no paralysis, no crit; [9 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*1.5 = 18 Damage, 11 Energy

-2 HP, Toxic
    -2 HP, Sandstorm

Fire Blast Dragonair
    hit, no crit, no burn; [12 + 3 + (4 - 2)*1.5]*2/3 = 12 Damage, 7 Energy

-2 HP, Toxic
    -2 HP, Sandstorm

Dragon Pulse Servine
    no crit; [9 + (4 - 3)*1.5] = 10.5 ~ 11 Damage, 7 Energy

-2 HP, Toxic
    -2 HP, Sandstorm

[​IMG][​IMG]
    0|73
    0|54
    none|none
    KO'ed|--

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    82|49
    63|58
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    +2 Atk|--
    Confused (2a), Toxic (2 DPA)|Toxic (3 DPA)

What an...interesting turn of events. But I do love a good bit of misfortune. Let's see if we can mess up the fighters at all. While the sandstorm rages, All your abilities shall be replaced with Sand Veil! Fight on, Steampowered!
  10. Steampowered

Steampowered

well we can't put contrary on now, we only have sand veil

Cello: Double Team (3 clones) - Giga Drain (Charmeleon) - Taunt (Lampent)

SUB: if a strong fire attack is coming towards you, sub in Mirror Coat and push actions down
  11. Galladiator

Galladiator

"Confiscate Chameleon"? In your dreams. You're just jealous.

Jean: Calm Mind x2, Shadow Ball

Jack: Smokescreen, Dragon Pulse x2
  12. rickheg

rickheg

Just as a heads-up, I'd never allow that substitution. It's far too vague, and breaks Sub rules.

[​IMG]
    73 HP
    54 Energy
    none

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    82|49
    63|58
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    +2 Atk|--
    Confused (2a), Toxic (2 DPA)|Toxic (3 DPA)

Alright, let the match resume!!

Cello, on its own, continues to not attack his opponents. It will be curious to see how this creature plans to win without attacking. Instead, it continues to play defensively, using the Double Team technique to create 3 clones of itself. Jack, the soon-to-be-mine Charmeleon, spews out a SmokeScreen, how dreadful! I don't think I want a creature who uses such vile tactics, it might get my robes dirty! Jean joins Cello in not attacking, and instead Calms its Mind. That could prove useful if it finally decides to attack Cello.

Cello finally gets in some offense on his opponents, sapping Jack's health with Giga Drain. Except, thanks to my sorcerers, the attack missed due to Sand Veil! Oh, I do love a good showing of bad luck! Jack is able to locate Cello just fine, and blasts him with a Dragon Pulse. What's the matter, Jack, don't know and fire attacks? Or is it just that the mighty Dragon type is better? (I believe it to be the latter, ho ho!) Jean, on the other hand, is showing a rather pitiful display of sitting in the corner, hitting herself. What kind of trainer would want such a pokemon?!

Cello contiues to move first, this time Taunting Jean. I would Taunt her too, if I was her opponent. Then again, if I were competing, this match would be over, and you would both be executed for daring to face me. But I digress. Jack readies another Dragon Pulse, but this time he misses his target. I've decided that Charmeleon is definitely not worth my time anymore. You may keep it, Galladiator. Jean finally shows some competency this round, and fires a Shadow Ball at Cello, and even hits the snake sqaure in the stomach, lowering its Special Defense. That certainly will make surviving more difficult.

Data (open)
    Servine
    Double Team 3 Clones
    12 Energy

Giga Drain Charmeleon
    miss, 11 Energy

Taunt Lampent
    hit; 10 Energy

Lampent
    Calm Mind
    no confusion; 7 Energy

-2 HP, Toxic

Calm Mind
    confusion; [4 + (1 - 2)*1.5] + (2)*1.75 = 6 Damage, 3 Energy

-2 HP, Toxic

Shadow Ball
    hit, no crit, SpD drop; [8 + 3 + (4 - 3)*1.5] + (1)*1.75 = 14.25 ~ 14 Damage, 5 Energy

-2 HP, Toxic

Charmeleon
    Smokescreen
    hit; 4 Energy

-3 HP, Toxic

Dragon Pulse
    hit, no crit; [9 + (4 - 3)*1.5] = 10.5 ~ 11 Damage, 7 Energy

-3 HP, Toxic

Dragon Pulse
    miss, 11 Energy

-3 HP, Toxic

[​IMG]
    48 HP
    21 Energy
    -1 SpD
    none

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    70|40
    48|36
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    +1 Atk, SpA, SpD|--
    Taunted (5a), Toxic (3 DPA)|Toxic (4 DPA)

Hmm...what shall I do this time...I shall restore your abilities, meaning no more immunity to Sandstorm!

Galladiator, your move.
  13. Galladiator

Galladiator

I'll thank you not to insult my Pokemon.

Jean: Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, Fire Blast

IF Servine uses Mirror Coat, use Calm Mind instead and move actions down

Jack: Flare Blitz, Crunch, Flare Blitz
  14. Steampowered

Steampowered

just die now,

enable contrary

Tuant (Lampent) - Leaf Storm (Charmeleon) - Mirror Coat (fire Blast, redirect attack at Charmeleon)
  15. rickheg

rickheg

[​IMG]
    48 HP
    21 Energy
    -1 SpD
    none

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    70|40
    48|36
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    +1 Atk, SpA, SpD|--
    Taunted (5a), Toxic (3 DPA)|Toxic (4 DPA)

I am the emperor. I shall insult whom, or what, ever I please. Anyway, this battle is nearing its conclusion. Jack the Ripper Charmeleon once again leads the fray into battle, slamming into the lone opponent with a Flare Blitz. Cello responds by trying to Taunt Jean, again. The move fails since Cello's last action was also Taunting Jean. Now, what did I tell you about invalid moves, Steampowered? Tyranitar! End that miserable fool! Eh, what's this? It seems Jean is doing the job for me, roasting Cello with a Fire Blast. Don't get in my way Jean, I gave a direct order! Oh, wait, that Fire Blast was enough to finish Cello, Cello has been KO'ed. That means Steampowered's pokemon have fainted, Galladiator wins!

Data (open)
    Servine
    Taunt Lampent
    failed, 14 Energy

Lampent
    Fire Blast
    hit, no crit, no effect; [12 + 3 + (4 - 3)*1.5]*1.5 + 4 + (2)*1.75 = 32.25 ~ 32 Damage, 7 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm
    -3 HP, Toxic

Charmeleon
    Flare Blitz
    no crit, no effect; [12 + 3 + (3 - 3)*1.5]*1.5 = 22.5 ~ 23 Damage, 7.67 ~ 8 recoil, 7 Energy

-2 HP, Sandstorm
    -4 HP, Toxic

[​IMG]
    0 HP
    0 Energy
    KO'ed

Vs.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    65|34
    41|29
    Charcoal|Lucky Egg
    Taunted (4a), Toxic (4 DPA)|Toxic (5 DPA)

Prizes

Galladiator; 2 TC
    Charmeleon; 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 EC or DC, 1 KOC
    Lampent; 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC, 1 KOC

Steampowered; 2 TC
    Servine; 1 EC, 2 MC
    Dragonair; 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC

rickheg; 4 RC

GG both, and thanks for playing!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)