Steelix

will definitely have this in good state by next week since i have a break from school so feel free to throw suggestions at the WIP. Especially i am not sure about the order of the sets

Overview
########

• is sneeek
  • Very bulky all around, especially on the physical side
  • Useful defensive typing with nice resistances to Normal, Psychic, Steel, Rock, Dragon, and Fairy as well as immunities to Electric and Poison lets it check a myriad of Pokemon in the tier such as Cresselia, Tyrantrum, and Slurpuff.
  • Very good attack stat lets it hit back very hard against pretty much everything without a resistance to both of its STAB thanks to their high base power.
  • Uses Curse very well and troubles faster and slower teams alike
  • Lack of reliable recovery
  • Bad Speed stat

Stealth Rock
########
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Heavy Slam
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Toxic / Roar
ability: Sturdy
item: Steelixite
evs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
nature: Adamant

Moves
========

• Stealth Rock
  • Heavy Slam is a very strong STAB move that hits the majority of the tier for 120 BP thanks to Mega-Steelix's impressive weight compared to most RU Pokemon. It also has decent coverage and nice synergy with Earthquake hitting Grass-, Flying-, and Bug-types looking to switch into Steelix neutrally. Among others it scores a OHKO on Sigilyph, Hitmonlee, Abomasnow, and most variants of Meloetta and Medicham after Stealth Rock and a 2HKO on Pokemon such as Amoonguss and Druddigon. It also pressures Cresselia
  • Earthquake is another hard hitting STAB move that is also able to hit very hard coming off Steelix's great attack stat providing coverage against Fire- and Steel-types able to take Heavy Slam. It also helps Steelix checking Doublade with more ease.
  • For the last slot Toxic is the preferred option since Steelix can 2HKO pretty much any Poison-immunity in the tier with its STAB moves and is used to hit Water-types such as Alomomola on the switch in to wear them down so that Steelix is not completely walled. It also helps beating Cresselia and Eelektross more easily.
  • Roar can help Steelix get rid of bulky boosters such as Reuniclus and is a great move to shuffle around the opposing team if you predict your opponent's Steelix check to come in and forces opposing Pokemon to take extra entry hazards damage.

Set Details
========

• Maximum HP investment along with 52 Special Defense EVs let Steelix take two Choice Specs Boomburst from Exploud after Stealth Rock damage when Mega Evolved. Rest is put into Attack with an Adamant Nature to hit as hard as possible
  • A more Specially Defensive spread of 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD with a Careful Nature can be used to check Pokemon such as Heliolisk and opposing Electric- and Psychic-types more confortably while still being able to break Substitute + Calm Mind Cresselia's Substitute with Heavy Slam so that you can pressure it and Toxic poison it. QC SHOULD I MAKE THIS THE MAIN SPREAD
  • Steelixite is needed to Mega Evolve Steelix.
  • Sturdy is the best ability to use as a regular Steelix and is useful to take any one hit from if your team needs to such as Houndoom's Fire Blast so that you can OHKO back with Earthquake.
  • 44 EVs can be taken from Attack if you wish to outspeed 0 Speed variants of Doublade. 84 Speed EVs can be used to outrun minimum Speed Rhyperior.

Usage Tips
========

• Set up SR
  • Hit hard
  • Stuff

Team Options
========

• Bulky Water-types Slowking
  • Emboar to check opposing Fire-types like Houndoom
  • Whimsicott and Tangrowth as well as defensive Rotom-C deal with a lot of Steelix's counters

Curse
########
name: Curse
move 1: Curse
move 2: Rest
move 3: Heavy Slam
move 4: Earthquake
ability: Sturdy
item: Steelixite
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
nature: Careful
Moves
========

• Curse
  • Rest
  • Heavy Slam
  • Earthquake
  • Sleep Talk
  • Gyro Ball i guess?

Set Details
========

• Steelixite is needed to Mega Evolve Steelix.
  • Sturdy is the best ability to use as a regular Steelix and is useful to take any one hit from if your team needs to such as Houndoom's Fire Blast so that you can OHKO back with Earthquake.

Usage Tips
========

• Be careful when setting up and stuff

Team Options
========
  • Bulky Water-types Slowking
  • Emboar to check opposing Fire-types like Houndoom
  • Whimsicott and Tangrowth as well as defensive Rotom-C deal with a lot of Steelix's counters

Other Options
########
  • Gyro Ball
  • Stone Edge Thunder Fang Ice Fang Fire Fang Iron Head
  • Regular Steelix w/ Custap
  • Counter
  • Dragon Tail

Checks & Counters
########

**Strong Super Effective Attacks**: Pressure Steelix

**Offensive Pressure**: Same

**Bulky Water-types**: They Wall Steelix and also beat Curse if you aren't Alomomola

**Grass-types that can take Heavy Slam**: Tangrowth Defensive Rotom-C

uh, yeah, quick two cents, but i'd say the offensive spread is probably fine for a main spread, with its application being a bit more broad than spdef (which is definitely good for the more defensive builds, obviously), since it makes more of the free turns it's presented, keeps its own hazards up better, etc. idk about the investment for breaking cress subs, mostly b.c i kinda dislike subcm cress in this meta, though that's maybe something other qc / experienced players can weigh in on. personally, i stuck to the 20 atk evs to ensure the ohko on drapion after sr, but steelix is the type of pokemon whose spread can really be tinkered with pretty comfortably depending on individual necessity. also, maybe a weirdly precise thing, but i'd be specific with sr supporters when addressing curse, since i've found it actually kinda hard to find an sr 'mon that has decent cohesion w/'lix in the current meta (ex: regirock is far less justifiable, rhyperior is pretty redundant defensively, mesprit doesn't fit the playstyles the set is meant for, etc. etc.). usually i'd end up opting for drudd or something, so yeah haha

Reactions: g

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)