ORAS OU Sticky Web + Mega Pinsir

I haven`t seen someone using this strategy. I tested it a couple of times and it worked great.

The team:

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

This wall can set up both Sticky Web and Stealth Rocks, can annoy with Encore (I like it :3) and deal some damage with Infestation.
Sticky Web helps my team to outspeed most of the opponents.
Stealth Rocks to deal some damage on every Pokémon and make Focus Sash useless (unless the opponent has Magic Guard).
Encore is to annoy opponents and to lock them in the same move.
Infensation is to deal some damage when there is nothing to do.

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

One of the best Pokémon exist.
Swords Dance is optional because Pinsir has an amazing base Atk. stat.
Pinsir`s Return, at max happiness has a terrifying power of 199 damage and a Flying typing after Aerilate`s boost and it`s STAB boost.
Close Combat is to help knocking out Rock, Steel, Normal, Ice and Dark type Pokémon and Quick Attack to outspeed other Pokémon that the Sticky Web doesn`t work on them.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Stealth Rocks SMACK Mega Pinsir by doing 50% damage after every time it enters the battlefield! This fast Rapid Spinner helps Pinsir by spinning the rocks away.Earthquake is used against Rock Pokémon and sometimes Fire Pokémon too and obviously against Electric type Pokémon. And lastly, Iron head is to deal with Fairy type Pokémon such as Mega Altaria, Clefable and others.
Rock Slide helps very much against Talonflame, especially when the Sandstorm is raging.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

I chose Choice Specs here instead of Choice Scarf because of the Sticky Web. Scald is to knock out AND burn (sometimes) physical attackers.
Icy Wind works perfect against against Garchomp and Landorus.
Secret Sword deals SCARY damage against LOTS of Pokémon and then Hidden Power Electric to deal against one of it`s biggest enemies, Slowbro.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Slowbro is our Physical tanker.
Thanks to it`s Calm Mind it can tank Special attacks. Scald is used to deal damage against Pokémon such as Gliscor (which can`t really do anything to Slowbro unless it has X-Scissors).
Psyshock works very good against Keldeo and other Fighting Type Pokémon and Slack Off to restore a large amount of it`s HP.
Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

I chose Tyranitar because it`s a big enemy of Talonflame, one of the best Pokémon in OU. Stone Edge is very good against Fire and Flying type Pokémon.
I chose to give it Fire Punch because it has a hard time dealing against Grass/Bug/Steel type Pokémon.
Superpower gives it an advantage over Dark, Rock and Steel type Pokémon.
Pursuit is to trap Ghost and Psychic type Pokémon.

Credits:
Mega Slutbunny - For suggesting me about the Excadrill and Shuckle
ShirakuHikao (me)- Making the original team

Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-247168478
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-247275971

Importable:
Code:
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Last edited:
Hey there! Sticky web teams are always an interesting idea to work with, and they're often an underrated hazard. I do, however, have a few changes that I would like to recommend.

Firstly, I would recommend running Shuckle over Galvantula to set up Sticky Web

213.gif
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

While on paper, Galvantula seems to be a better option over Shuckle due to it's ability to set up quick sticky webs, the issue really comes when the opponent has a method to remove hazards. Galvantula is just unable to set up Sticky Web freely later in the game, due to its fragility, which really hurts if your team relies heavily on sticky web to outspeed threats.

Aside from that, I also feel as though your team would benefit more greatly from a more offensive variant of Excadrill

530.gif
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

While you do have Sticky Web support, a good number of threats, such as Mega Diancie, Mega Metagross, and Mega Altaria are unaffected by them from the initial switch in. Sand rush Excadrill allows you to outspeed them in a pinch, and proceed to snag a KO.

Other than that, I don't have any other issues with your team. Good luck with laddering!

213.gif
127-mega.gif
530.gif
080.gif
647-resolute.gif
248.gif

Hey there! Sticky web teams are always an interesting idea to work with, and they're often an underrated hazard. I do, however, have a few changes that I would like to recommend.

Firstly, I would recommend running Shuckle over Galvantula to set up Sticky Web

View attachment 45335
Shuckle @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

While on paper, Galvantula seems to be a better option over Shuckle due to it's ability to set up quick sticky webs, the issue really comes when the opponent has a method to remove hazards. Galvantula is just unable to set up Sticky Web freely later in the game, due to its fragility, which really hurts if your team relies heavily on sticky web to outspeed threats.

Aside from that, I also feel as though your team would benefit more greatly from a more offensive variant of Excadrill

View attachment 45336
Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

While you do have Sticky Web support, a good number of threats, such as Mega Diancie, Mega Metagross, and Mega Altaria are unaffected by them from the initial switch in. Sand rush Excadrill allows you to outspeed them in a pinch, and proceed to snag a KO.

Other than that, I don't have any other issues with your team. Good luck with laddering!

View attachment 45335 View attachment 45337 View attachment 45336 View attachment 45340 View attachment 45339 View attachment 45338
So, I tried your suggestions and they are very great!!! Thank you very much! :)

I will update the thread soon with your suggestions :]

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi ShirakuHikao nice team you've got there but I'd like to give you some suggestions.
First your team lacks of a Defiant user and of a spinblocker, so I suggest you to use Bisharp over Slowbro as it can pressure your opponent from defogging away your hazards and Slowbro doesn't feet the team playstyle too much. On Tyranitar Crunch over Fire Punch will let you have a better dark stab to use. The last suggestion I have is Air Balloon over Life orb on Excadrill will let you tou have something againist Diancie as it can easily stop you from setting up.
I hope i was useful :)

Hi ShirakuHikao nice team you've got there but I'd like to give you some suggestions.
First your team lacks of a Defiant user and of a spinblocker, so I suggest you to use Bisharp over Slowbro as it can pressure your opponent from defogging away your hazards and Slowbro doesn't feet the team playstyle too much. On Tyranitar Crunch over Fire Punch will let you have a better dark stab to use. The last suggestion I have is Air Balloon over Life orb on Excadrill will let you tou have something againist Diancie as it can easily stop you from setting up.
I hope i was useful :)
Thank you very much for the replay!!!

I am not sure about replacing Slowbro with Bisharp. Slowbro helps me very much against physical threats and Keldeo, Bisharp can not tank and therefore my team will not have a tanker, which is very helpful in my opinion. About the Excadrill`s item - thanks to it`s ability it will be able to outspeed Diancie and Iron Head it, which is actually better in my opinion.

Perennial

amol selseila
even with Sticky Web, Tyranitar would prefer Jolly. there are several pokémon unaffected by Sticky Web that you become slower than with Adamant. among these are Latios and Latias, two guys you want to attack before they can Defog, and things like Focus Blast Gengar and Thundurus-I. to provide further justification, you can't rely on Sticky Web always being on the field because of the existence of hazard removal. without Sticky Web, non-Jolly Tyranitar is slower than Starmie, Serperior, Diancie, Raikou and several others within the same speed range. as you saw in this replay of yours, you also become slower than Mega Metagross. all of this is avoidable and the number of threats you become faster than with Jolly and are able to damage before they attack/kill you outweighs the minimal power gain from Adamant.

some other small changes to consider are modifying Slowbro's EV spread to 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD. the EVs in special defense mean you are now able to avoid a potential 2HKO from Specs Keldeo's Hydro Pump after SR. you retain plenty of physical bulk and gain the added bonus mentioned before. furthermore, there is no use in having 0 speed IVs on Shuckle. 0 speed IVs are used to lessen Gyro Ball damage, which Shuckle doesn't care for or take much damage from anyway. with 0 speed IVs you actually become slower than 0 speed IV and negative speed natured Ferrothorn. say you switch in on Ferrothorn using SR, she can now switch moves before you can Encore the SR. very situational and unlikely scenario, but it's better to maximize what your pokémon can do.

nice team, gave you a like!

Last edited:

bruno

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Hey, ShirakuHikao! First of all, you should be changing up your Slowbro man, Sticky Web is a type of style that wants to get momentum and advantage from the webs, and Slowbro is just too slow for that. Instead, what about trying out a Gengar>Slowbro. Gengar would act as a spinblocker, helping out your team with blocking Rapid Spin(something really helpful for teams that want to abuse hazards), get you a ground resistance(immunty, rather) and it can abuse of those webs shuckle will be throwing into the field. Here's a nice Life Orb Gengar set:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Destiny Bond[/img]

But even with Gengar, your Ground weakness is still really annoying. An opposing Excadrill, for example, can pretty much sweep through the team as long as Sticky Web isn't up. So i suggest using Air Baloon > Life Orb on Excadrill so you have an emergency check for those annoying ground moves.

Excadrill @
Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Finally, the Keldeo set seems a bit redundant. You already have a Tyranitar to deal with Lati@s, so threre's really no point in running Icy Wind on it. Instead, you could use Hydro Pump>Icy Wind so you can wallbreak teams and make your Keldeo 2KO Pokémon such as Clefable.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Gl with the team mate.

Hey, ShirakuHikao! First of all, you should be changing up your Slowbro man, Sticky Web is a type of style that wants to get momentum and advantage from the webs, and Slowbro is just too slow for that. Instead, what about trying out a Gengar>Slowbro. Gengar would act as a spinblocker, helping out your team with blocking Rapid Spin(something really helpful for teams that want to abuse hazards), get you a ground resistance(immunty, rather) and it can abuse of those webs shuckle will be throwing into the field. Here's a nice Life Orb Gengar set:

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

But even with Gengar, your Ground weakness is still really annoying. An opposing Excadrill, for example, can pretty much sweep through the team as long as Sticky Web isn't up. So i suggest using Air Baloon > Life Orb on Excadrill so you have an emergency check for those annoying ground moves.

Excadrill @
Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Finally, the Keldeo set seems a bit redundant. You already have a Tyranitar to deal with Lati@s, so threre's really no point in running Icy Wind on it. Instead, you could use Hydro Pump>Icy Wind so you can wallbreak teams and make your Keldeo 2KO Pokémon such as Clefable.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Gl with the team mate.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Excadrill @
Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword

Gl with the team mate.
Thank you very much for the replay!!!
I thought about changing Slowbro with Gengar, but if I do, my team can be easily swept with Mega Lopunny, which I don`t want to happen :/.

Though the Excadrill`s Air Balloon and Keldeo`s Hydro Pump is a very good idea actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)