Stockpiling!

So here is the best abuse of this possible

Scoliopeade used protect,
used sub
used protect
used Baton pass
Serperior switches in
Attacks
At this point Serperior has plus six in defenses(ie nigh on unkillable), plus three in speed, plus 2 Sp attack
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Kyurem-B Outrage vs. +6 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 207-244 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
attacks
attacks
Serperior has phasing as well so even phasers are not overly fond of it
You could also pull this off with Malamar
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Kyurem-B Outrage vs. +6 252 HP / 0 Def Malamar: 220-259 (58.5 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Shuckel would just be anoying

Kind of gimcky but Still hell for unprepared teams

So here is the best abuse of this possible

Scoliopeade used protect,
used sub
used protect
used Baton pass
Serperior switches in
Attacks
At this point Serperior has plus six in defenses(ie nigh on unkillable), plus three in speed, plus 2 Sp attack
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Kyurem-B Outrage vs. +6 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 207-244 (58.4 - 68.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
attacks
attacks
Serperior has phasing as well so even phasers are not overly fond of it
You could also pull this off with Malamar
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Kyurem-B Outrage vs. +6 252 HP / 0 Def Malamar: 220-259 (58.5 - 68.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Shuckel would just be anoying

Kind of gimcky but Still hell for unprepared teams
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Kyurem-B Outrage vs. +3 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 330-388 (93.2 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+3 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 220-259 (56.2 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ SpA Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 177-208 (45.2 - 53.1%) -- 33.6% chance to 2HKO

ofc serperior will move before kyub the second turn(when its sub is already broken)

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 823-969 (232.4 - 273.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

although this calc is irrelevant because you will never run into this situation because
  1. kyub doesn't have HP
  2. you will almost never have a sub afterwards
  3. scolipede is bad

1. scolipede is bad
What are you talking about? Scolipede became an excellent Pokémon this gen with Speed Boost; and anything that can speed boost and baton pass in this metagame looks incredibly scary -- hell, not to mention it's got Swords Dance, decent bulk and Iron Defence.

why would serperior ever have zero defensive boosts, loosing the stock pile boosts would be inverted by contrary so it would have plus six.
also have you ever baton passed a swords dance and speed boosts to mega meta- tha passive bulk boosting is amazing as well to ease passing
the point was that is the kind of power that it can tank

why would serperior ever have zero defensive boosts, loosing the stock pile boosts would be inverted by contrary so it would have plus six.
also have you ever baton passed a swords dance and speed boosts to mega meta- tha passive bulk boosting is amazing as well to ease passing
the point was that is the kind of power that it can tank
someone doesn't read OP.

you can only get up to +3 on stockpile boosting
speed boost isn't a move and thus doesn't raise stockpile counter
leaf storm is an attack and thus doesn't raise stockpile counter
leaf storm is an attack and thus removes your stockpile counters

similar to how contrary doesn't counteract topsy-turvy or mist it doesn't counteract losing defensive boosts/drops gained by stockpile.

LIsten
Scolipede
Protect Stock pile 1/defense +1/Special Defense +1/Speed +1
Sub Stock pile 2/defense +1+1/Special Defense ++1/Speed +2
Protect Stock pile 3/defense +2+1/Special Defense +2+1/Speed +3
Batton pass Stock pile 3/defense +3/Special Defense +3/Speed +3
Serperior comes out Stock pile 3/defense +3/Special Defense +3/Speed +3
Leaf Storm Stock pile 0/defense +3--3=6/Special Defense +3--3=6/Speed +3/SpA--2=+2
Contrary inverts stat changes thus plus six

Edit:
Since using stock pile does not revert defense/SpD to zero I can only assume the coding is such that spit up/swallow are<current stat changes>+(Contary)<0,-1,0,-1,0>*Stock Pile Number, the vector starts with attack

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
How does Cosmic Power work? Do you get +2 in both defenses? Or does it function like the move Stockpile (i.e. not +2, basically it gains nothing as it would get +1 in each anyway). Also, you could theoretically get to +6 by using Cosmic Power 3 times after you have 3 stockpile counters, but how does that work for recovery+attacking? Do only boosts that were gained from the Stockpile counter apply to boosting the power/recovery? Also, how does simple work? For example does Swoobat get +2 defenses if it uses a non-recovery status move, or just the regular +1?

How does Cosmic Power work? Do you get +2 in both defenses? Or does it function like the move Stockpile (i.e. not +2, basically it gains nothing as it would get +1 in each anyway). Also, you could theoretically get to +6 by using Cosmic Power 3 times after you have 3 stockpile counters, but how does that work for recovery+attacking? Do only boosts that were gained from the Stockpile counter apply to boosting the power/recovery? Also, how does simple work? For example does Swoobat get +2 defenses if it uses a non-recovery status move, or just the regular +1?
All moves and abilities work the exact same, you're just getting a bonus +1 in each defensive stat every turn you use a non-attacking move - capped at 3 - and they go away when you use an attacking move. Simple as.

LIsten
Scolipede
Protect Stock pile 1/defense +1/Special Defense +1/Speed +1
Sub Stock pile 2/defense +1+1/Special Defense ++1/Speed +2
Protect Stock pile 3/defense +2+1/Special Defense +2+1/Speed +3
Batton pass Stock pile 3/defense +3/Special Defense +3/Speed +3
Serperior comes out Stock pile 3/defense +3/Special Defense +3/Speed +3
Leaf Storm Stock pile 0/defense +3--3=6/Special Defense +3--3=6/Speed +3/SpA--2=+2
Contrary inverts stat changes thus plus six

Edit:
Since using stock pile does not revert defense/SpD to zero I can only assume the coding is such that spit up/swallow are<current stat changes>+(Contary)<0,-1,0,-1,0>*Stock Pile Number, the vector starts with attack
Contrary has no effect on Stockpile reversion. It's not a stage change in the usual sense, it's a removal of stat changes.

Contrary is going to be kind of garbage in this, actually, outside of Malamar, because it does invert the Stockpile boosts. (Though now I'm wondering what happens if you Stockpile with Contrary and then clear the Stockpiling -does it reverse the minuses?) Serperior using Substitute will lower its defenses, for instance.

I think it might be something we have to test on a cartrige- if anyone knows how to give serrperior spit up or something so Driffloon can BP to it

Logically, yes. Any stat changes (don't have to be positive) caused by Stockpile will be removed once you Spit Up or Swallow. So if Serperior has two Stockpile counters gained not from passing, it will have -2/-2 Defenses. It will be back to +0 once it uses Leaf Storm because those stat changes are from Stockpile counters.

Edit: if Serperior got +3 Defenses by Stockpile from Baton Pass, logically it is a stat change from Stockpile boost, so it would go back to +0, even if it has contrary. But this needs to be tested though.

Last edited:
Logically, yes. Any stat changes (don't have to be positive) caused by Stockpile will be removed once you Spit Up or Swallow. So if Serperior has two Stockpile counters gained not from passing, it will have -2/-2 Defenses. It will be back to +0 once it uses Leaf Storm because those stat changes are from Stockpile counters.

Edit: if Serperior got +3 Defenses by Stockpile from Baton Pass, logically it is a stat change from Stockpile boost, so it would go back to +0, even if it has contrary. But this needs to be tested though.
That basically depends on if we're running on logic-logic or game-logic. If it's the latter, it's an important question whether Stockpile interacts the intuitive way with Contrary or a different way. If it's the former, well, you made this meta, that's your decision.

And the Stockpile status is, itself, passed by Baton Pass. This is a known thing. As far as I'm aware the only question here is how Contrary interacts with removing Stockpiles.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Actually I prefer game-logic to prevent confusion, so how Contrary works with removal of Stockpile boost still need to be tested.
You can gen using QR codes now, so I suggest genning a Contrary Pelliper or something, ignoring the hack check of pokebank 'cause direct genning, baton passing Stockpile to it and using Spit Up to see its effects. I can't gen 'cause mac, so it'd be great if someone would.

You can gen using QR codes now, so I suggest genning a Contrary Pelliper or something, ignoring the hack check of pokebank 'cause direct genning, baton passing Stockpile to it and using Spit Up to see its effects. I can't gen 'cause mac, so it'd be great if someone would.
That's great then.

Also this is probably the only meta that haven't been coded. Tagging Pikachuun or Slayer95 to code this if they want or have time for it.

Pain Split IMO shouldn't be treated as a recovery move, since it just averages the user's and the opposing Pokemon's HP. Besides, you can still lose HP while using it, even though no one would ever do that. Nitpicking here, but shouldn't it be "How It Works" instead of "Rules"? More nitpicking (yay) Stockpile is semi-viable in standard because it's basically cosmic power but with a +3 limit.

I actually have a version of this in-progress, however damage buffs don't work as of now.
Hmm. If this is what makes it uncodable, would changing the damage buff to regular +1 in Atk and SpA work instead? So if you Stockpile with a status move, you raise +1 in all stats but Speed, Evasion and Accuracy. It defies the original Stockpile mechanic though, but if that makes it codeable, I'll change it.

imo Pain Split shouldn't be treated as recovery. The reason is simple - it averages both active mons HP. That's why we USE IT as a semi-reliable recovery when a mon is low in HP. However it's different from the rest of recovery moves: it can take your own HP away or the foe's one (does damage) and doesn't recover a fixed amount of HP - instead on relying on weather (or not relying on anything at all) that depends on the foe's current HP left (not even its %).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)