ORAS OU "STODGY" Uninspired Balanced (peaked 1800+)

Why hello there! Thanks for clicking on my “stodgy” RMT… if you didn’t already know stodgy meant dull, uninspired and basically boring so it’s pretty ironic you’re here lol. I feel like the name properly represents my team since it’s built with fairly common mons, with that being said I appreciate you stopping by and hope you enjoy the read!

I believe that balance is the hardest but most rewarding playstyle as it garners the best of both worlds, gaining a favourable match up versus most teams. The issue is, knowing when to play more aggressively and predicting your opponent, over playing more defensively and sticking with the obvious move.
Proof of Peak

Since I started playing competitive back in po days I have always wanted to post a team, but have been far too lazy to do so. I sadly haven’t played pokemon for almost 2 years but with sun and moon around the corner I thought I’d give showdown another shot. Funny enough this is my first gen 6 ou team and the fact that I peaked over 1800, with minimal knowledge of the meta is impressive (at least to me). I genuinely think that this team, in the hands of a more knowledgeable player, could be taken further than I ever did.
+
I based this team off of a very effective ubers core that I ended up using on every ubers team I had. It consisted of the hardly used stalltwo+ditto, countering stall/ preventing set up and offense. In my ou iteration I use stall breaker mew and standard ditto. Unfortunately the unforeseen existence of mega sableye cuts down mews stall breaking ability greatly, but it is still super annoying and I absolutely love the set.
+
Added rocks and a physical wall in the form of cm clef and a max spD sd glisc for wall breaking capabilities.
I wanted hazard control and I thought I would try out a new mega so I ran a max hp max spA modest mega latias. Pretty cool set was later replaced with her more offensive brother. Despite worsening my weakness to pursuit I felt that she is a great glue mon with decent bulk, offenses access to recovery and hazard control.
Physical attacker that hit hard with a choice band, has a little bulky to take on char x, also access to priority aqua jet was nice.

I ran with this team for a bit, it was all right but not great I just felt like it could be better. My defensive core really wasn’t that strong and with me passing the hazard control to lati all I had to do was set up rocks between one of two mons... and so the rebuilding began.​

->
Better physical wall/ overall bulk and potential set up sweeper than clef.
->
Sets up rocks has incredible typing and has a great synergy with mew and suicune, excellent mixed wall and overall a just plain annoying mon.
->
Mega latias wasn’t doing it for me I wanted some more speed (latias had 0 speed investment) as well as more offensive presence on the field.
+
With the freeing up of a mega slot I added lopunny into the mix. Lots of variations were tried, I liked adamant since people expected jolly and lop hit a little harder. Healing wish and heal bell variations were both tried and worked exceptionally well complimenting the team. It allowed me to play more recklessly having either a hw or a hb in the back depending on what I was experimenting with at the time. Worked well with suicune.

I used this variation for a while as well.​
->
Alas it didn’t hit hard enough and I wanted more offensive presence on the field so I switched to the pokemon with the highest attack stat in the tier.

Team Overview
At a glance the team consists of a special wall, physical wall, mixed wall, special attacker, physical attacker, revenge killer with a status absorber, stall breaker, set up sweeper and counters to stall/ hyper offense all built into one team.
Breakdown

ludes (Suicune) @

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Mind
Scald
Rest
Sleep Talk

Shoutout to the standard crocune set, suicune with proper set up can sweep any team. Max investment in physical defense and hp to maximize walling capabilities. Calm mind boosts both defenses and offeneses. Scald is one of the most spammable moves in the game and the potential burn is always appreciated; further allowing suicune handle hard hitting physical attackers. Pressure is an overlooked ability but in tandem with rest it works unbelievably well, can help stall out so many pokemon in so many situations. If clefable is a t wave user suicune is my answer. Volcanion especially choiced becomes set up fodder. Suicune can also set up on a number of physical attackers. Integral to my defensive core. Suicune offers another utility and acts as the team’s status absorber.

Suicune offers a certain uniqueness and is both a defensive threat as well as a win condition, earning it the cool title of team mvp. It's nickname pays homage to so many funny scenes from the wolf of wall street :)

OG (Mew) @

Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
Will-O-Wisp
Psychic
Taunt
Soft-Boiled

Mew is my special wall and stallbreaker. Taunt stops pokemon from setting up, laying down hazards and recovering. Willo acts to halve damage from physical attacks making mew more of a mixed wall (why I like it so much). Psychic was chosen over knock off as it hits harder with stab and does more consistent damage. Also since we are using a latios that lacks psyshock, psychic on mew allows us to better deal with calm mind keldeo, venusaur, clef etc. Spread and evs are standard maximizing bulk and giving mew some speed, one change was made with an extra point in speed to out run opposing stallbreaker mews.

prick (Ferrothorn) (M) @

Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed
Protect

Ferrothorn is our rocker and mixed wall, its typing compliments our defensive core nicely. I have chosen to use a protect ferrothorn as it increases his longevity in battle ten fold. Leech seed is used for recovery as well as annoying the opponent. Protect helps against high jump kicks + regaining hp and gyro ball hits faster pokemon very hard. The 0 ivs and negative speed nature help boost gyros base power, the spread is standard giving him great mixed defenses as well as allowing ferro to barely live a hyper voice + focus blast from mega gardevoir and return with a ko.

v.ht/lati (Latios) @

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Defog
Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Roost

Enter our hazard control and charizard y check. As you can see I am using a very unorthodox set and you might think I’m crazy but for this team I wanted both roost and defog together to increase latios’s longevity in battle. Draco meteor is there to hit the opponent hard and of course earthquake is there to knock out the opposing heatran, excadrill, magnezone, damaged ttar and mega metagross (if it switches into draco unmega’d). This set’s capabilities as a lure skyrocket since my opponent most likely sees that this is my defogger and doesn’t expect the eq. it actually bothered me how long heatran stayed alive despite lacking reliable recovery and this set has worked wonders as a lure. Its main purpose for damage output is “dropping dracos” – shoutout to pokeaim, I haven’t missed the psyshock too much and it hasn’t cost games just for not running it. The hasty nature is there to maximize speed/sp atk but not drop attack. If you don't adopt this team, if you use a Latios at the very least adopt this nickname. Follow the link it’s latios’s theme song for when he comes in to drop a draco :)

right bower (Medicham) (M) @

Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Fake Out
High Jump Kick
Zen Headbutt
Ice Punch

This pokemon is the most self explanatory out of the bunch sporting a jolly nature, max speed/ attack with dual stab to nuke the opponent, fake out for priority and the safe mega. I’ve chosen ice punch over bullet punch for coverage, since this is a balanced team and less offensive I didn’t see the need for the priority bp. Ice punch takes out lando, dragons and flying types. If I see a potential rocky helmet garchomp on my opponents team I will lead medi and ice punch (unmegad outspeeds defensive chomp) 9 times out of 10 my opponent stays in and gets obliterated, this is the ladder after all. Medicham is here to overpower and punch holes in my opponents teams, he will almost always pick up a kill.

sutra (Ditto) @

Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
Transform

In a meta littered with megas and borderline uber pokemon, it's hard to see why ditto isn't used more frequently, it is the best revenge killer in the game. If your opponent is silly enough to try and start setting up ditto can switch in copy its stat boosts, outspeed thanks to the scarf and ko. From there ditto can sometimes even go on a mini sweep. One of the coolest things to do is copy a mega and just start spamming high powered attacks. People often don't prepare for a scarfed mega since its impossible but thats whats so cool about ditto, it makes the impossible possible :p It acts as a safeguard to opposing setup sweepers.

Not only does it apply huge offensive pressure against hyper offense, it can even act as a utility and defog or set up needed rocks in a pinch. It also acts as a fantastic scout as I can see the entire moveset my opponent is running.

The evs are smogon standard to maximize stealth rock and spike switch ins and the negative speed nature/ 0 ivs are there to help with a struggle war against opposing ditto (which will never happen since no one uses it). Another thing of note is that ditto doesn’t copy the opponent’s ivs so we can pick our own hidden power. I’ve opted for hp ice since most pokemon that carry a hidden power have hp fire and we can catch people by surprise and sometimes hit a switch in for super effective damage.
My team usually will not lose to stall but it sucks to play against it. Now that mega sableye is a staple on every stall team, mew can no longer 6-0, so we have to play around mega sableye. Stall players usually lead and fakeout with said sableye so I will show my suicune as my initial switch and attempt to go for a scald burn. Once it has megad I can safely switch in ditto. If they willo it gets bounced back if they knock it is absolutely gg since we lose our scarf and can freely pick whatever move we want. That in tandem with pressure means that we can outstall any pp on the opposing side of the field since every time ditto switches, it gets 5 pp for every move. But this would just take too long so what we aim to do is to weaken the sableye down, mew acts as a perfect lure to draw out this stupid mon since it beats every other member.

Once the sableye is burnt and is no longer on the field the opponent will see what I am doing and get pretty careless with it's hp number. Once it is damaged and around just above half, threaten out whatever is on the field with a medicham high jump kick, but click ice punch. Ice punch will do a clean 33.5 - 39.8% to standard sableye, so with the burn they will lose another 12%, even with just min rolls 2 ice punches+burn will do 80%. Now try and predict what the opponent will do and how they have played the game. If you think they will switch hjk and if the sableye is super low they will probably fodder it.

From there mew or medicham can literally run through the rest of the team.

Stall teams with stallbreaker talonflame as well as mega sableye are even harder to play against but it is possible to play around as I haven’t lost to stall while laddering.

Click the x if you don’t want to be bothered with a stupid long battle, and I do mean long like 200+ turns, but it is a sick twist to outstall a stall team.

Threats
This is pokemon after all and it is absolutely impossible to make a perfect team. Have a weakness to 1 pokemon? Counter it and get 2 more weakness to another. That being said I think this team is very solid and has a small threat list. When dealing with threats play smart around them and try to predict to put yourself in a better position to handle the situation. Again you always have ditto in the back as a safeguard so you can never get fully swept by one pokemon. This is balance after all not stall. So we don’t have 6 walls to pick and choose from.
If gengar isn’t a life orb or taunt variant suicune can handle it. It's coverage is what is so threatening, I tend to lead suicune as people notice the favourable match up it has.
So strong, people often lead this monster as it threatens my team I usually am forced to just play around it. Ferrothorn cannot be koed from full with a hyper voice+ focus blast, which is good to know. But ferro will be fodder afterwards. Mew can take a hit and softboil up but it isn’t an answer. My favourite thing to do is switch in ditto to revenge cause people cant handle a scarfed gard as it 2hkos most mons.
Serperior is a gigantic threat to this team. Half the battle is figuring out what variant it is: either glare, leech seed, dragon pulse and playing around it from there. Best thing to do is play aggressive as it’s pretty obvious when coming out we have a freaking suicune on our team.
This beast just has favourable offensive typing verse us. Mew can wall it and ko with psychic but it may fear the spore making us play around it, lati can out speed and resists its attacks. It isn’t a huge threat but it can still cause problems, ditto’s mach punch can do a fair amount of damage to it, due to breloom’s weak defenses.
&
Calm mind psyshock variants threaten the team. Scout for psyshock on bro and answer with mew, if it is t wave anser with suic since it will lack the psyshock. For reuni answer with mew.
Hydreigon applies pressure with dark pulse and fighting coverage suicune has to stay at full health. Big threat.

Most of these threats are uncommon.

Closing Thoughts
I really appreciate you reading! Comment your thoughts and drop a like if you liked! As I have said this is a solid team but in the hands of a better player who actually thinks through their plays, I feel they can do better with this team than I ever did. You have to accept that you can’t win every match, but with this team I feel it fairs well versus almost anything. Please try my “stodgy” team!

ludes (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

OG (Mew) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Soft-Boiled

prick (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

v.ht/lati (Latios) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

right bower (Medicham) (M) @ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

sutra (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
- Transform
-
-
-

Last edited:
Ehy :).

Agh, a Suicune team. I hate Suicune, but I will say this team definitely impressed me.

Normally I wouldn't recommend Ditto cuz it's fragile, and usually opponents will play around it if they see it in Team Preview. Still a cool gimmick nonetheless I guess. That being said, normally I would try and scrap Ditto, but I'll keep it because you seem really fond of it.

The team is definitely solid considering it's built around Ditto, and definitely well-built. I will say, though, that it somewhat crudely combines HO and Balance (because Ditto kinda has trouble fitting into Balance, such as this one), thus it was somewhat hard to rate this one team.

One thing I can recommend is throwing on Specially Defensive Talonflame and replace Mew. It Stallbreaks like Mew does, while it can deal with Mega Gardevoir, Serperior, and Breloom, whom you noted as threats in your threatlist.

If you do run Talonflame, then I recommend you run Thunderbolt on Latios, because your ways of dealing with bulky Waters are only Ferrothorn, who doesn't like Scald burns. It isn't 100% needed, and you'll need to give up Roost to make room, which isn't the best idea, considering you'll need Latios to check multiple mons.

I also noticed that Lum Berry Bisharp is also annoying for this team, because you don't have a real way of stopping it and it finds setup opportunities on multiple mons, such as Mew (Taunt prevents Swords Dance if you somehow outspeed him, but won't save it from Knock Off. Usually Bisharp outspeeds Stallbreaker Mew, and can thus sneak in a Swords Dance anyways before getting Taunted), Suicune, Ferrothorn, or Latios (if it's running a bulkier spread). Ditto can somewhat revenge kill it, but you definitely don't want to click Sucker Punch, and the enemy usually has a way to deal with their own Bisharp and can thus play around Ditto. So Bisharp can prove to be a problem. Medicham can try to revenge kill but +2/+4 Sucker Punch really hurts.

I would replace Suicune with Keldeo because I hate Suicune Keldeo provides a sort of safety net versus Bisharp (and Weavile, who is annoying versus any team), while it can set up with Calm Mind and then sweep like that. If you're not concerned with Bisharp, then you can keep Suicune if you really want. I recommend the change, though you seem fond of Suicune too.

Another good set for Keldeo is the RestTalk set, given that you need Keldeo to check enemy Dark-types (e.g. Weavile and Bisharp) and thus you need to heal up to prevent yourself from being worn down to death.

A tiny nitpick: Set Latios's HP IV value to 29. This minimizes both entry hazard damage and Life Orb self-damage.

Other than that it's an impressive team.

Tl;dr:
  • /
    ->

• /
    ->

• OPTIONAL: Loadout on
Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Bulk Up / Taunt

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Keldeo @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latios @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Defog

Hope I help you :).

Last edited:
Ehy :).

Agh, a Suicune team. I hate Suicune, but I will say this team definitely impressed me.

Normally I wouldn't recommend Ditto cuz it's fragile, and usually opponents will play around it if they see it in Team Preview. Still a cool gimmick nonetheless I guess. That being said, normally I would try and scrap Ditto, but I'll keep it because you seem really fond of it.

The team is definitely solid considering it's built around Ditto, and definitely well-built. I will say, though, that it somewhat crudely combines HO and Balance (because Ditto kinda has trouble fitting into Balance, such as this one), thus it was somewhat hard to rate this one team.

One thing I can recommend is throwing on Specially Defensive Talonflame and replace Mew. It Stallbreaks like Mew does, while it can deal with Mega Gardevoir, Serperior, and Breloom, whom you noted as threats in your threatlist.

If you do run Talonflame, then I recommend you run Thunderbolt on Latios, because your ways of dealing with bulky Waters are only Ferrothorn, who doesn't like Scald burns. It isn't 100% needed, and you'll need to give up Roost to make room, which isn't the best idea, considering you'll need Latios to check multiple mons.

I also noticed that Lum Berry Bisharp is also annoying for this team, because you don't have a real way of stopping it and it finds setup opportunities on multiple mons, such as Mew (Taunt prevents Swords Dance if you somehow outspeed him, but won't save it from Knock Off. Usually Bisharp outspeeds Stallbreaker Mew, and can thus sneak in a Swords Dance anyways before getting Taunted), Suicune, Ferrothorn, or Latios (if it's running a bulkier spread). Ditto can somewhat revenge kill it, but you definitely don't want to click Sucker Punch, and the enemy usually has a way to deal with their own Bisharp and can thus play around Ditto. So Bisharp can prove to be a problem. Medicham can try to revenge kill but +2/+4 Sucker Punch really hurts.

I would replace Suicune with Keldeo because I hate Suicune Keldeo provides a sort of safety net versus Bisharp (and Weavile, who is annoying versus any team), while it can set up with Calm Mind and then sweep like that. If you're not concerned with Bisharp, then you can keep Suicune if you really want. I recommend the change, though you seem fond of Suicune too.

Another good set for Keldeo is the RestTalk set, given that you need Keldeo to check enemy Dark-types (e.g. Weavile and Bisharp) and thus you need to heal up to prevent yourself from being worn down to death.

A tiny nitpick: Set Latios's HP IV value to 29. This minimizes both entry hazard damage and Life Orb self-damage.

Other than that it's an impressive team.

Tl;dr:
  • /
    ->

• /
    ->

• OPTIONAL: Loadout on
Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt
- Bulk Up / Taunt

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Secret Sword
- Scald

Keldeo @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Latios @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Earthquake
- Defog

Hope I help you :).
Ditto aint frail you see that hp investment? Shoot he aint no gimmick niether :p I'm just messing around, but on a serious note I really appreciate the rate and will be trying out your suggestions, the talon sounds interesting as it does help with the current threat list. Also ditto can surprisingly take some hits due resistances and sports an hp number just shy of an uninvested base 80. I am by no means trying to argue and say its bulky, but in situations like a plus 4 bisharp it will live a sucker from full 100% of the time :) Dont know why I pointed that out but hey cool suggestions and it makes me happy my team "impressed" you. quoted you there.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey man cool team. Ditto is an interesting mon that seems to really help your team against sweepers like Charizard X and whatnot.

I don't think this team needs any major changes, but I have a few small suggestions which I think may help out overall.

So as you've mentioned in your threat list, mons like Gardevoir, Alakazam, and Serperior are annoying. I also think you are kinda weak to SpD Talonflame since it 1v1s almost everything except Suicune which it can Taunt. Pursuit + Zard Y could also be quite annoying but Ditto is an interesting answer to Zard.

Anyway my first suggestion is Surf > Earthquake on Latios. This still hits Heatran hard, as well as Tyranitar and Excadrill. You miss out on Magnezone but it is a nice neutral hit on that and Mega Metagross which you have checks for. The biggest things I think Surf helps with is SpD Talon and SD Gliscor. While Gliscor is not always an immediate threat to you it can be annoying to switch into Knock Off, and Suicune can lose to it if it SDs on the switch. Having Surf on Lati alleviates that a bit and still nets hits on other mons like Lando-T and Hippo which try to spam Rocks on your Defog to force a Draco. You also get to drop your -Def nature which may help.

My next suggestion is 31 Speed IVs (and +Spe nature if that matters) on Ditto. I don't really know anything about Ditto but I believe you said IVs are not copied. If this is the case I think a max speed Scarfer will be useful more than beating opposing Dittos which are quite rare. A scenario which ive seen happen is Ditto transform into Scarf Tyranitar and the game came down to a speed tie. There's also other stuff like Scarf Lati not outspeeding a Rain sweeper or something to that effect. All in all I think the speed is gonna be helpful more often than not.

The last suggestion - and this is more of a soft suggestion than the other two - is to change your Ferrothorn up a bit. I don't really see the need for protect for HJKs when you have a Mew. I would run Thunder Wave - this lets you cripple stuff like Clefable or switchins like SpD Talon so they no longer outpace Mew. In tandem with a Chople Berry you can take Focus Blasts way more comfortably and even some of those HJKs and retaliate with a TWave. Of course Gyro Ball + TWave is dumb so I would say the last change here is to use Iron Head. This also hilariously lets you win speed ties against Sableye and beat it if it's weakened, but more importantly can paraflinch a few things like Reuniclus which you mentioned as a threat. PS I know this doesn't hit as hard against stuff like Breloom, but that's the price for the other benefits it has.

Overall I think the last suggestion is more something to try out but I really believe the first two would improve the team a little bit.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed (Naive?) Nature
- Transform

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

On mobile so I didn't include IVs for Lati

Hope this is helpful!

Last edited:
Hey man cool team. Ditto is an interesting mon that seems to really help your team against sweepers like Charizard X and whatnot.

I don't think this team needs any major changes, but I have a few small suggestions which I think may help out overall.

So as you've mentioned in your threat list, mons like Gardevoir, Alakazam, and Serperior are annoying. I also think you are kinda weak to SpD Talonflame since it 1v1s almost everything except Suicune which it can Taunt. Pursuit + Zard Y could also be quite annoying but Ditto is an interesting answer to Zard.

Anyway my first suggestion is Surf > Earthquake on Latios. This still hits Heatran hard, as well as Tyranitar and Excadrill. You miss out on Magnezone but it is a nice neutral hit on that and Mega Metagross which you have checks for. The biggest things I think Surf helps with is SpD Talon and SD Gliscor. While Gliscor is not always an immediate threat to you it can be annoying to switch into Knock Off, and Suicune can lose to it if it SDs on the switch. Having Surf on Lati alleviates that a bit and still nets hits on other mons like Lando-T and Hippo which try to spam Rocks on your Defog to force a Draco. You also get to drop your -Def nature which may help.

My next suggestion is 31 Speed IVs (and +Spe nature if that matters) on Ditto. I don't really know anything about Ditto but I believe you said IVs are not copied. If this is the case I think a max speed Scarfer will be useful more than beating opposing Dittos which are quite rare. A scenario which ive seen happen is Ditto transform into Scarf Tyranitar and the game came down to a speed tie. There's also other stuff like Scarf Lati not outspeeding a Rain sweeper or something to that effect. All in all I think the speed is gonna be helpful more often than not.

The last suggestion - and this is more of a soft suggestion than the other two - is to change your Ferrothorn up a bit. I don't really see the need for protect for HJKs when you have a Mew. I would run Thunder Wave - this lets you cripple stuff like Clefable or switchins like SpD Talon so they no longer outpace Mew. In tandem with a Chople Berry you can take Focus Blasts way more comfortably and even some of those HJKs and retaliate with a TWave. Of course Gyro Ball + TWave is dumb so I would say the last change here is to use Iron Head. This also hilariously lets you win speed ties against Sableye and beat it if it's weakened, but more importantly can paraflinch a few things like Reuniclus which you mentioned as a threat. PS I know this doesn't hit as hard against stuff like Breloom, but that's the price for the other benefits it has.

Overall I think the last suggestion is more something to try out but I really believe the first two would improve the team a little bit.

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Relaxed (Naive?) Nature
- Transform

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head

On mobile so I didn't include IVs for Lati

Hope this is helpful!
I appreciate the reply, you raise some interesting points and the latios set and I will be giving it a try. In the case of ditto I am almost positive it copies the opponents stats exactly except for hp and for it's own hidden power, so it's stats don't really matter.

Your Mega Medicham is somewhat standard but a bit outdated. Use Thunder Punch > Zen Headbutt because otherwise Slowbro walls and easily switches in to you with no risks (especially since your Jolly). Thunder Punch 2HKOs Slowbro even without rocks and does a lot to Mega Slowbro which can be withered down since it doesn't have Regenerator. Thunder Punch also allows you to kill Skarmory (when it's slightly weakened) without risking HJK which is pretty cool.

Mew is pretty cool but I feel like you have a lot of weakness to Bisharp, that's why I recommend going 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe with the same nature you're running. With this, Mew outspeeds Jolly Bisharp and can WoW before Bisharp gets to Knock off, and then the next turn, Knock Off doesn't kill and you can Taunt the SD then begin to Roost stall or even go to Suicune and start setting up. This spread also lets you outspeed Jolly Breloom which can be SUPER annoying with Spore and +2 Bullet Seeds.

Finally, I recommend at least trying out Thunder Wave/Power Whip > Protect. Protect is a pretty decent move, it helps you scout choice-locked pokemon and can sometimes protect against a HJK if you predict correctly. However, in a lot of matches it's a useless move and can even cost you games if the opponent sets up in that turn. I prefer Thunder Wave to cripple oncoming threats such as Heatran on the switch or Power Whip to help weaken some annoying waters such as Starmie, Slowbro, Rotom-W, and Azumarill.

I can make more changes to your team by replacing Ditto but I guess you don't want that because Ditto is a part of what makes this team cool.

tl;dr:

@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Roost

@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Power Whip

@ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Your team is very kewl man, and, yes,108 speed mew can help a lot. Honestly the weakness to bisharp is pretty big, and stall can indeed put a hard stop to your team. bUT!!!!! Look at this:
1)Sableye is the only mon in a stall team able to wall Medicham. With an Adamant nature you have: 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 112 Def Mega Sableye: 113-133 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
2)Sableye is ALSO the only answer to taunt mew in a stall team (I mean, the best stall is the archetype SkarmBlobQuagsireAmoongussSableyeTrapper)
so via Synchronise you burn it : 12.5% each turn
If you burn it and put pressure with medi, you either get a 2hko on the switch (37%+13%=50% half HP), or you force it to recover non stop via ice puch spam. And this is the key of the win!!

I hope I helped to show that via mew+medi (ADAMANT!!!!!) you can easily sweep stall teams with a bit of patience (yes, they will try to wall with skarm and send sableye on the HJK but welp it's up to you to predict it or not.^^)

Happy to see a cool build man, and good luck with your future teams :)

Your Mega Medicham is somewhat standard but a bit outdated. Use Thunder Punch > Zen Headbutt because otherwise Slowbro walls and easily switches in to you with no risks (especially since your Jolly). Thunder Punch 2HKOs Slowbro even without rocks and does a lot to Mega Slowbro which can be withered down since it doesn't have Regenerator. Thunder Punch also allows you to kill Skarmory (when it's slightly weakened) without risking HJK which is pretty cool.

Mew is pretty cool but I feel like you have a lot of weakness to Bisharp, that's why I recommend going 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe with the same nature you're running. With this, Mew outspeeds Jolly Bisharp and can WoW before Bisharp gets to Knock off, and then the next turn, Knock Off doesn't kill and you can Taunt the SD then begin to Roost stall or even go to Suicune and start setting up. This spread also lets you outspeed Jolly Breloom which can be SUPER annoying with Spore and +2 Bullet Seeds.

Finally, I recommend at least trying out Thunder Wave/Power Whip > Protect. Protect is a pretty decent move, it helps you scout choice-locked pokemon and can sometimes protect against a HJK if you predict correctly. However, in a lot of matches it's a useless move and can even cost you games if the opponent sets up in that turn. I prefer Thunder Wave to cripple oncoming threats such as Heatran on the switch or Power Whip to help weaken some annoying waters such as Starmie, Slowbro, Rotom-W, and Azumarill.

I can make more changes to your team by replacing Ditto but I guess you don't want that because Ditto is a part of what makes this team cool.

tl;dr:

@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Psychic
- Taunt
- Roost

@ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave / Power Whip

@ Medichamite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
Thanks for taking the time to rate professional! You made some excellent points and I will not lie I have tried the thunderpunch set out before but I just like having the ability to 6-0 things like Wish Killers semi stall team. I will definitely look into faster mew and as much as it may irritate you I love that protect on ferro, just so he remains kicking that much longer.

On a side note, I just checked out your garchomp and zygarde teams. Loved how you used such an unorthodox team to get to #1. Although it happened a year ago grats :)

Your team is very kewl man, and, yes,108 speed mew can help a lot. Honestly the weakness to bisharp is pretty big, and stall can indeed put a hard stop to your team. bUT!!!!! Look at this:
1)Sableye is the only mon in a stall team able to wall Medicham. With an Adamant nature you have: 252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 112 Def Mega Sableye: 113-133 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
2)Sableye is ALSO the only answer to taunt mew in a stall team (I mean, the best stall is the archetype SkarmBlobQuagsireAmoongussSableyeTrapper)
so via Synchronise you burn it : 12.5% each turn
If you burn it and put pressure with medi, you either get a 2hko on the switch (37%+13%=50% half HP), or you force it to recover non stop via ice puch spam. And this is the key of the win!!

I hope I helped to show that via mew+medi (ADAMANT!!!!!) you can easily sweep stall teams with a bit of patience (yes, they will try to wall with skarm and send sableye on the HJK but welp it's up to you to predict it or not.^^)

Happy to see a cool build man, and good luck with your future teams :)
Thanks for the rate ktütverde! This is exactly how I manage my way past stall except in a more round about, boring, pain inducing manner... for me... unfortunately. Your method is probably better since mew guarantees the burn on sable, but what I've done is tossed in suicune until it megas and then switched to ditto. If my opponent knocks I basically get infinite pp (lost scarf) and can out stall with ditto+suic, if they willo they get burnt. Once they are burnt and they notice I'm pp stalling they get careless with their hp number. From there it is the same as what you said. In the future when I play this team I will try your way out for beating stall as it takes less time lol.

I will be trying out adamant medi and see how much harder it hits + fakeout boost will be nice. Also very random but I have seen you on the ladder and watch a bunch of your replays, I'm a fan of your playstyle and teams <3

Besides Heatran and Magnezone is there anything crucial that Earthquake hits? Looks rather specific and versatility is consistency when it comes to winning games.

Besides Heatran and Magnezone is there anything crucial that Earthquake hits? Looks rather specific and versatility is consistency when it comes to winning games.
Hello good sir, other than the mons listed it doesn't hit all that much and you are right in saying versatility wins games... but at the same token unorthodox sets that catch people off guard can often be just as valuable.

It literally just bothered me how fat heatran was and how he stayed alive for what feels like ever. This replay (listed above): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-379593774 showcases just how tight some matches can be. Me and my opponent were in a stalemate and by eliminating the heatran it gave me a huge upper hand.

Against fatter teams with heatran gone it opens the door wide for other members like mew and latios. Pokemon is all personal preference, you can elect to run whichever se you want... I just settled on something a little more unorthodox. Hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)