1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Stop! Munchlax time!(taking requests)

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by Mr. Munchlax, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Mr. Munchlax

Mr. Munchlax

Yo. I'm MrMunchlax. Find me on Deviantart here.

[​IMG]

Please note: Before you criticize, realize art is just a hobby for me. I've only been drawing digitally since July. I'm a BEGINNER.

Artwork of Honor (my best work, imo):

[​IMG]

Pokemon:

Miscellaneous:

Note:I will take the first three requests until otherwise noted, but I'll do them on my time.

As I say on Deviantart (A lot):

Munchie OUT!
  2. fatsnorlax

fatsnorlax

Awesome art... that desk flip.
  3. Fisdunction

Fisdunction

[​IMG]
    Get out.
  4. Nastyjungle

Nastyjungle fat and sassy
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

yeahhhhh just letting you know that rage comics dont belong here as they are both unamusing and not original, both in art and ideas
  5. Eagle4

Eagle4

Just my advice, but you definitely need to work on your lineart and colouring, as they have major issues.
  6. Mr. Munchlax

Mr. Munchlax

Update:
    I took the rage comics down. Thank you all for your help and feedback! Eagle4, I thought extensively about your criticism while drawing this:

Show Hide
    New piece of art:
    Ansem, Seeker of Darkness for Kingdom Hearts

[​IMG]

Also,

REQUESTS PLEASE!
  7. some hero

some hero

Just like to point out how frightening that whismurs face is. The more i stare, the harder it stares back.
  8. Kythro

Kythro

I would suggest for you to practice more drawing with paper and pencil before you do digital art lol.
  9. Mr. Munchlax

Mr. Munchlax

No idea why I haven't posted this sooner...Its been around for a bit...Observe, Toph from Avatar the Last Airbender!
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
  10. Furosuto

Furosuto

Not bad, not bad. But what I would suggest is before doing crazy poses like that, start out by doing simple poses, like them just standing there to get a better feel for anatomy. An even better idea is to practice drawing certain bodyparts like the hand or the foot, the arm, etc and work from there.

Keep up the good work though! you're improving.
  11. bluehoundoom

bluehoundoom

Another way to improve is to try out gesture drawings. Gesture drawings are basically scribbles and lines to form the body in a certain pose and I concur with Furosuto with basic poses such as standing and sitting. You can always practice these.

What I also find useful are small wooden mannequins, you can buy one from an art shop and form it in the desired pose you like and just simply copy it.

And another thing, sketch with pencil first; I noticed some overlapping lines with the ink and with pencil, you can simply sketch out the desired drawing before going over it with ink.
    Hope I helped! ^^

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)