Stories of HEROIC LINEAGE

You know, I was kind of trying to figure out why I seem to tend to prefer playing on the XY cartridge more than on the PS simulators. And I think, at this point, that I have an answer: Because I tend to prefer breeding Pokemon over battling, and because I tend to form attachments to specific Pokemon.

I can now add this to the list: Because wonderful stories like this occur.

Let me tell you about the heroic lineage of EL SANTO.

Bit of background. For those of you who aren't familiar at all with the history of lucha libre (Mexican masked wrestling), one of the greatest luchadores of all time was the incomparable El Santo, el Enmascarado del Plata. The Saint, the Silver-Masked Man. El Santo could in many ways be called the Hulk Hogan of lucha libre, except Santo never sold out, never had to endure an awkward period of selling himself on reality shows to pay the bills. Santo was a legend until the day he died, and in his lifetime enjoyed the kind of fame that Hogan would sell the name of his steroid supplier for.

So, of course, I felt the need to name the first Hawlucha I captured and kept after him. And true to his namesake, El Santo served me well through the main XY campaign. However...

Some bad outcomes in a few battles convinced me that it was time for El Santo to retire. His IVs left a lot to be desired, and his Sassy nature was working against him in a big way.

However...

Santo was part of the first generation in the very first chain of breeding that I ever followed to its conclusion. At the end, I was left with one of the most special Pokemon I've ever raised. The Son of Santo (because El Hijo del Santo, the actual stage name used by Santo's youngest son when he took up the mask, won't fit in the allotted nickname space) sported 31/31/31/x/31/31 IVs and a Jolly nature.

He was the very first "perfect" Pokemon I ever bred. He would not be the last.

Son of Santo went on to father many more offspring and became the backbone of my breeding programs for the Human-like group. One of his descendants, a Pangoro, did the same for the Field egg group.

In the course of time and several generations, every single Pokemon that I've bred completely "in-house" can trace its lineage back to El Santo.

But that's not all.

I did a lot of trading, especially with people on #Safari, as well as Wonder Trading. They've been good to me, and I've wound up with several stellar breeders from some very strong bloodlines. All of which were traded for one of El Santo's descendants.

But that's not all.

El Santo, in his retirement, took up a correspondence course in pulling his punches for the movies and ended up learning False Swipe. He, more or less, has captured virtually every Pokemon I've caught since his retirement, including just about everything from the Friend Safari. Those Friend Safari pokemon are also a crucial factor in the few breeding programs that don't start with a Santo descendant or something traded for one. When I bred a Metagross, the Beldum parent was traded for a Santo descendant and the Ditto parent was captured by Santo himself. When I bred a Gallade, the 5IV male Ralts parent was traded for a Santo descendant, and the Adamant Kirlia parent was subdued by, you guessed it, Santo himself.

In one way or another, every single Pokemon of note on my Generation 6 cartridge can trace its origins back to one point. To the Hawlucha that carried me through the game.

To El Santo.

Does anyone else have any interesting stories of HEROIC LINEAGE?

Yeah, that Weavile I caught fresh out of the wild in Diamond that was given the Rare Candy Treatment from my action replay. She was released when I realized how stupid the Rare Candy Treatment was.

In all actuality, I recently hatched an heir to a Japanese Litwick and an American Raltz. After 187 eggs, a Raltz with a glorious blue mane and all IV's over 20 hatched. It was very fulfilling.

Naturally, the fulfillment ends, similar to the fulfillment of my Weavile, when Pokebank comes and all of my perfect Pokemon (4 plus boxes) come over. It was a good ride while it lasted, but soon my little Raltz, I shall have a shiny version of you with better IV's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)