1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Storm Center (OU Rain Team)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by zAMLz, Mar 15, 2013.

1. zAMLz

zAMLz

So, hello everyone. This is my first RMT. So here goes...sorry if English is not good.

STORM CENTER
    TEAM AT A GLANCE:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A CLOSER LOOK:

[​IMG]
    Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Perish Song

Thanks to Politoed's dirzzle, Hydro Pump+choice specs allows it to OHKO or 2HKO multiple threats including anything that doesn't resist it. Ice beam lets me hit those dangerous switch ins ifi correctly anticipate them. Focus Blast is their to hit pokemon like ferrothorn. Perish Song is to force a switch for pokemon that are setting up.

[​IMG]
    lucario (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Bullet Punch

Just two sword dances(if the chance is given) with lucario any the steel beast works wonders. Extremespeed's +2 priority really helps for revenge killing as well. Close combat and bullet punch are lucario's stab moves and once powered by sword dance it clearly hits well

[​IMG]
    Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    - U-turn

Tornadus is the MVP of the team. I originally had him running a choice specs, but on numerous occasions I have had to switch out tornadus since the move was locked in when I easily could have at least 2HKO the opposing pokemon. (Ex: ferrothorn was sent out and was locked in hurricane, focus blast should be able to OHKO, but was locked in hurricane) So I switched to life orb.

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball

This guy is the ninja of the team. He waits for the opportune moment to set up stealth rock safely. Then he start seeding if he wishes or use his two great stab move power whip and gyro ball. Power whip really helps for pokemon like Rotom-W. Gyro Ball allows mean to hit fast threats at amazing damage.

[​IMG]
    Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Aqua Tail

Salamence is not a ninja, but he is a one man army. Thanks to its attack stat at 405 and its speed boosted by choice scarf. If switch in is made correctly, then salamence will easily gets its first KO. Now Moxie comes into play raising its attack. After powered by moxie, anyone of the moves given above will do serious damage to anything than doesn't resist. Aqua tail is an excellent choice for this set because its powered by drizzile. Only problem is the move lock that happens because of Choice Scarf. It gets frusting to realize the move that you locked on is effective on one pokemon but not the other.

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

Starmie is my team's all round supporter. Thanks to rapid spin, he can easily take out stealth rock and spikes to allow salamence and tornadus an easy switch in. Thunder of course is there to take advantage of the drizzle that is in play. Ice beam is for taking out dragons in the case that salamence is not ready to switch in to OR he is fainted. Hydro pump is of course there to hit anything that can't resist it.

Imporatable:
    Show Hide
    Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Focus Blast
    - Perish Song

lucario (Lucario) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Bullet Punch

Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    - U-turn

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Stealth Rock
    - Power Whip
    - Gyro Ball

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Outrage
    - Aqua Tail

Starmie @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Hydro Pump

Mini Threat List: I have noticed is that this team is weak to teams which utilize status effects and entry hazards. Although starmie may be able to fend out entry hazards, starmie is easily crippled by a toxic, and once starmie's out of the game, entry hazards are serup once again. HOWEVER!!!! These statements are personal opinions of what I have noticed in my battles...

Thanks!

~ z_AML_z
  2. SuperCharizardMaster

SuperCharizardMaster

okay I'm not the best rater ever but I would recommend leftovers on starmie so it may be able to survive and maybe switch it around to a different spread for more defense.
  3. fire r a g e

fire r a g e

Starmie has Natural Cure, so poison goes away after a switch out.
  4. zAMLz

zAMLz

Yeah I know, but once your poised on the same turn, life orb and toxic really cripple starmie regardless...Maybe I should go with what SuperCharizardMaster said,

Replace life orb with leftovers. But what spread would you suggest?

ALso is their any flaw to this team that needs to be fixed? Thanks!
  5. fire r a g e

fire r a g e

With Leftovers, the spread is still 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD. IMO, Leftovers is the optimal choice, as getting hurt by Life Orb damage just for using a measly Rapid Spin is kind of silly.
  6. zAMLz

zAMLz

ok thanks!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)