1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Storms of Sand. A sandstorm RMT

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by EEVEE3, Apr 27, 2011.

1. EEVEE3

EEVEE3

Hello Smogon, this is my second RMT, and this team has seen some action, and a bit of editing by me. I would appreciate any improvements that people could give me.

First look:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

A more in-depth look:

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Choice Band
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 160 HP / 168 Atk / 180 Spe
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Moves: Stone Edge
    Crunch
    Superpower
    Pursuit

Tyranitar is often the first to lead the charge, and is well-equipped to take care of many enemies. Choice Band boosts his physical prowess, and his other moves are selected to do the most damage to the enemies. Sand Stream brings the Sandstorm, which is welcomed by the rest of my team.

[​IMG]
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Moves: Earthquake
    Ice Fang
    Stone Edge
    Slack Off

Hippowdon is a deadly force for my team. She can bring the Sandstorm if the weather changes on me, and also can deal with opposing Excadrill. Earthquake deals lots of damage, and Stone Edge completes the EdgeQuake combo. Ice Fang deals with opposing Gliscor and Landorus.

[​IMG]
    Excadrill @ Choice Band
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Ability: Sand Throw
    Rock Slide
    X-Scissor
    Brick Break

Excadrill is one of the biggest, if not the biggest threat in the sand. Sand Throw makes him faster than practically everything in the sand, and Choice Band raises his already great attack. SlideQuake gives me near-perfect coverage, and X-Scissor and Brick Break helps him deal with some other threats.

[​IMG]
    Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
    Moves: Power Whip
    Gyro Ball
    Thunder Wave
    Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn is really useful for this team, taking the Water attacks aimed at stuff like Gliscor, Hippowdon, Excadrill(if he doesn't kill it) and Tyranitar. The one thing I was contemplating changing was Thunder Wave, as it doesn't synergize well with Gyro Ball.

[​IMG]
    Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
    Ability: Poison Heal
    Acrobat
    Fling
    Protect

Gliscor is my secondary Excadrill counter, and he can do a good job of it. His STABs can do damage after he's Flung his Toxic Orb. Protect can get him some extra health, and let him somewhat help predict movements, block lethal Hidden Power Ice. Overall a useful member.

[​IMG]
    Reuniclus @ Leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Def
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Moves: Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Recover

Reuniclus is more of a tack-on than anything else. I finished looking at my team, and noticed I needed a specail attacker. Reuniclus was put on because of his immunity to Sandstorm and most status effects making him a good status absorber. He also can put large dents into his opponents with his attacks.

That's my team, my thanks to Bulbapedia for the images, and hopefully I will get lots of constructive criticism.

-Eevee3
  2. Minacciosa

Minacciosa

As a lead, TTar is one of the few to get Stealth Rock and Dragon Tail, either which I feel would benefit you more than Crunch. By replacing Crunch with SR, you can give Ferrothorn Spikes - as most of your team can set up SR but only Ferrothorn can Spike.
    Hippo looks solid, Roar could be used over Stone Edge because your team doesn’t have any way to deal with stat-boosters. Same goes for Gliscor who could use Taunt over Protect unless you feel the extra Poison Heal recovery is crucial.
    Unless you really care about speed tying with other Gliscor, you can probably stand to lose some speed Evs on Gliscor because there’s nothing common that really threatens Gliscor in that speed range (sans Darmanitan or Kyurem).

Excadrill tends to scare a lot of other things out - giving you the chance to set up a sub or SD, which can easily give you more power than CB. Right now, especially with Ttar being choiced, I see Excadrill being forced out or beaten with prediction if he’s locked into EQ or Rock Slide (especially against opposing Balloon Excadrill).
    Ferrothorn, as well as the rest of your team would probably enjoy Leech Seed support, but it’s basically up to you.
    Reuniclus could easily be bold 252 HP / 252 Def to take some hits it wouldn’t otherwise be able to, while Leftovers could be swapped for Life Orb to give you much of the same power as a Modest nature would.
    While I like this team, it seems overly reliant on Excadrill to sweep (as Scizor easily deals with Reuniclus given its current spread and Ttar), and would possibly like to see some sort of revenge killer as nothing here has priority. I feel Rock Polish or Scarf versions of Terrakion or Landorus would mesh pretty well with the rest of the team.
  3. Minacciosa

Minacciosa

Just wanted to add that if the weather is not in your favor, LO Starmie tears through most of this team, so something to check that would probably be helpful considering how common it is.
  4. EEVEE3

EEVEE3

5. wacky tabaky

wacky tabaky

I think hippo should have rocks as Ttar wants the power and then ferra can have spikes. Then instead of thunder wave have leech seed as he can then stayed healed or pass them to a partner thet could benifet from the health. Exadrill should have sword dance it is more powerful after one turn of SD then the Cband. lol we all have eevee related avatars

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)