BW UU Straw Hat Pirates (Peaked #11)

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Introduction

There once was pirate crew that was so great, that the mere act of mentioning its name would strike fear into the hearts of many. This pirate crew ended up being the most successful pirate crew in the history of man. It was comprised of 6 pirates that had no peer, and together they were unstoppable. Nowadays, many players captains from Smogon Grand Line would gather up pokdmon crew members in order to re-create this teams greatness.

Silly anecdote out of the way, this is a team of passion. I made it because a lot of people were underestimating the power of LO Darmanitan, and ignoring it in favor of Scarf Darmanitan. This team has done pretty decently (peaking at #11) but I can't be arsed to continue laddering adventuring.

The Crew building process

Individually they are weak, but together they are nearly unstoppable.

Predictably started the crew off with Jolly LO Darmanitan. I'm not exaggerating when I say it kills everything. I wanted Stealth Rocks and a way to deal with problem pirates so I went with a Tank Rhyperior. Its the pillar that supports this crew, and it stops it from being overrun by a bunch of annoying threats. The team was pretty weak to Water-types, so LO Roserade was chosen to deal with them. Roserade is the special equivalent of Darmanitan(somewhat), it fasts and it hits hard. I picked Blastoise as the token spinner and bulky Water-type. Without him, the team (Darmanitan especially) wouldn't last a turn against those spike stacking teams. I noticed that this crew could use a speed boost, so I decided to run Choice Scarf Krookodile. Krookodile can check some of the strongest threats in UU, and it makes short work of most Ghost / Psychic types. Mew was added to the crew as secondary special sweeper and because we needed proper Fighting sweeper.

The Crew

Darmanitan @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- U-turn

The undisputed king of physical attackers in UU! LO Darmanitan is a monster in OU, few teams can outright counter it, and its coverage moves weaken most of its counters anyway. Sheer Force LO boosted Flare Blitz is one of the strongest attacks in the game, and it flat out annihilates anything that doesn't resist. I can't think of a Pokemon who takes neutral damage from Flare Blitz that can avoid the 2HKO from this monster. Even a physically defensive Dusclops with maximum defense EVs gets 2HKOed with Stealth Rock, so hold DAT. Earthquake provides Darmanitan with obvious coverage, and it ruins Chandelure/Arcanine. Darmanitan has no problem bluffing a choice set, so I users switch into Darmanitan's FlareBlitz fairly often and get killed by EQ afterwards. Superpower seems a bit redundant alongside EQ, but Darmanitan has nothing else, and the extra damage against Rhyperior / bulky waters is nice. U-turn is a cowards move, but scouting switches has always been fun. Darmanitan is this crew's primary physical attacker, and is surprisingly agile given its base speed stat. I typically use it as a lead against Roserade and Deoxys-D or midgame usually via revenge killing. I used to run an Adamant nature for even more power, but missing out on outspeed Roserade, Jolly Heracross and possible modest base 100's was stupid. It never lasts for the entire match, but it takes down like 2-3 pirates.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Rhyperior is such a good tank, its no wonder that I end up using it on most of my teams. It only got better this gen, with top tier physical attackers like Darmanitan, Stoutland and Honckrow showing up so having it on my team is usually priority Uno. Rhyperior is the crew's only hazard user, so ensuring his survival early game is a priority. I usually play him safe, but there are times where his death is nearly unavoidable (dealing with HP grass Raikou / HP Grass Honckrow) and if I don't set up SR (especially when dealing with stupid strong SR weak mons) this team struggles. Anyway, Earthquake obliterates things and Stone Edge slices things to pieces (I use Stone Edge because I can't afford to miss the OHKO on Zapdos and other rock weak pirates who can avoid the OHKO from Rhyperior) Megahorn is used to target Slowbro for an easy breezy 2HKO, and Flygon. The spread seems odd, but I use it to avoid the 2HKO from HP Ice Raikou after SR. I dropped those speed evs after Donphan got sent up to OU. Rhyperior is the first to deal with several of the "problem" pirates that plague the tier. Its my first defense against the likes of Zapdos, Raikou and Darmanitan, something I admit is a bad thing, but it does a decent job due to its incredible bulk.

Roserade @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Rest

LO Roserade is just brutal. I know everyone is bent out of shape over that spike stacking set, but damn this set just blows holes into teams. Not many teams can take on Roserade, especially now that Chansey is gone and Registeel is almost nonexistant. Its the special equivalent of Darmanitan, with some extra tricks to keep opposing pirates on their toes. Leaf Storm hits hard, so hard in fact, it will OHKO most Suicune even after a Calm mind boost. Sludge Bomb is an underrated move because it obliterates every non-steel Roserade check. Heracross takes over 65%, Moltres gets wrecked, Darmanitan keels over and dies, Zapdos hates taking them (etc you get the idea) and oftentimes i'll throw them out to catch any Sleep fodder Pokemon too. Speaking of Sleep, if Sleep Powder manages to put a Pokemon to sleep, this team gets a huge advantage. Giving free turns to the likes of Darmanitan is not something you want to deal with. Rest is used because I absolutely need Roserade to stick around, because it checks practically every singly bulky-water type in the tier, and they ruin this team otherwise. Without Roserade, I'd outright lose to teams with strong long lasting bulky water types like Roserade because then i'd have no way to directly hurt them.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Iconic
- Roar
- Ice Beam

Man Blastoise is so underrated. Its known as that "2 for 1 deal" but Blastoise is so much more than that. Ok maybe its not, but the point still stands, it pulls double duty well. IMO, Blastoise is the strongest spinner after Donphan left because it gives most of the common spin blockers trouble. (Froslass, Chandelure, etc) Every time Blastoise burns a spinblocker with Iconic, a devil gains its horns. Anyway, as a Rapid spinner Blastoise is second to none due its balanced defensive stats and typing. Iconic is a solid attacking move as always, there have been many battles where I was saved by a triple burn. Roar is an undervalued move on Blastoise (I don't like playing games with ghost types using foresight) and forcing out problem pirates mid - lategame is always stellar. Ice Beam is a staple, and it wrecks Flygon so I can't go without it.

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
olly (+Spe,-SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

Krookodile is cool, very cool. Its my favorite choice scarf user in UU and was flat out a necessity on most of my teams back when Alakazam was UU, but its still useful even with the big man gone. Earthquake strikes fast and fierce, but I wish I ran EQ for more power. It nets me so many more random OHKOes (guaranteed OHKOed on things like Roserade, bulky Arcanine, etc) and it works hand in hand with moxie. Crunch and Pursuit takes out Dark weak (specifically ghost types so Blastoise can Rapid Spin) and Stone Edge targets flying types like Zapdos. Its the worst move in the game, so games hinging on a Stone Edge hit are almost always lost. Krookodile provides this team with extra speed, and is a top notch revenge killer. Its list of revenge kill-able targets is quite wide, and it serves them up for brunch like a rich dude gets served on a butler island. Even the problem pirates like Raikou and Zapdos are covered. Jolly is used because there are times where I lost because I couldn't outspeed Jolly Heracross and Adamant Darmanitan. After it gets a kill, it has no problem sweeping through entire teams because of moxie, and is one of (if not the best) choice scarf cleaner in the game.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 74 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball

Mew is my secondary special attacker and top tier fighting resist. I had several other pirates in place of Mew, but none of them "fit" as much as Mew did. I tried the support set, but it wasn't strong enough and it let Darmanitan / Chandelure come in to easily. Anyway, Nasty Plot kicks some serious ass, its so underrated in OU. After a Nasty Plot boost, Mew can OHKO pretty much anything in UU, and its so damn bulky so its also impossible to OHKO it in one shot. Nasty Plot boosted Psychic wrecks shop, and now that Chansey is gone there is no reason to use that piece of crap Psyshock (seriously, its noticeably weaker than Psychic) Aura Sphere gives me coverage (yada yada yada) and takes annoying Bisharp who overstep their bounderies (gotta play the Sucker Punch game though...) and Shadow Ball kills opposing psychic type & ghost types. The EV spread lets me outspeed timid Roserade and Moltres (I was thinking of running enough speed to outspeed Darmanitan, but most of them are choiced/he's covered by 3 pokemon) Mew is one of the few Pokemon on this team that can actually take "hits" so if it goes down I know i'm in a world of trouble, especially against slower bulkier teams. On top of this, its the second fastest member on this team, so It really needs to stick around against faster frailer teams.

Luffy (Darmanitan) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Zoro (Rhyperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Nami (Roserade) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Leaf Storm
- Sleep Powder
- Rest

Usopp (Blastoise) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Sanji (Krookodile) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Chopper (Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SAtk / 180 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Aura Sphere
- Flamethrower

And there it is! I'd love to see feedback / rates.
Thanks for reading!!!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
-Aerodactyl: Blastoise can usually beat it 1 on 1, and every member on this (excluding Darmanitan and Roserade) can take it a hit and usually cripple/kill it in return. It's actually kind of a threat if Blastoise is down, or if its CB, but thankfully its a rare pirate.

-Ambipom: Since the majority of people who use Ambipom have no idea what they're doing, Rhyperior usually eats this thing alive. (You have team preview, DON'T fake out on the first turn -_-) It's also revenge killed by Krookodile. Truthfully a well played LO Ambipom is very dangerous, but the chances of running into one is next to nill.

-Arcanine: Rhyperior and Blastoise shut this thing down (even if its using Close Combat or Wild Charge) and Darmanitan can lure it out and smack it with EQ (which OHKOes most of the time, even after an intimidate) Krookodile can revenge kill it and it hates switching directly into Roserade or Mew.

-Azelf: I go straight to Krookodile and hit the pursuit (provided the opponent isn't using a setup sweeper like Venomoth) most of them are shitty lead sets, but a lategame nasty plot set could potentially be disastrous if Krookodile is dead.

-Azumarill: Kind of a big deal. Blastoise is the only pirate in this team who can takes hits from Azumarill, and even then it can't directly threaten it, and I need to rely on a lucky Iconic burn or else something dies. Roserade has no problem revenge killing it, and Mew can switch into to Superpower (and tank at least 1 waterfall or double edge) The trick to beating is baiting Aqua jets with Darmanitan and never giving it an opportunity to switch in.

-Bisharp: Blastoise hard counters most variants. It doesn't even have the play "Sucker Punch the game!" because it has roar. Rhyperior is a solid check before it boosts, (and if its not behind a sub) and Krookodile has no problem revenge killing it.

-Chandelure: 90% of them get baited out and killed by Darmanitan, no joke. Darmanitan wanking aside, it can't switch into a single member on this team, (every single Pokemon on this team will 2HKO-OHKO) or in Roserade's case cripple it with status.

-Cobalion: Kind of a bastard. Blastoise is switched in first to scout the set and will roar / attempt to burn with Iconic. Cobalion will also never OHKO Mew or Rhyperior so it has to watch out for them as well. If all else fails, Krookodile can always revenge kill it.

-Crobat: Annoying, but not too much of a threat. The only member on this team it harasses is Roserade, everything else dishes enough damage to it to force it out.

-Darmanitan: The big man himself. Luckily, my team is custom tailored to dealing with Darmanitan. Choice Scarf sets are checked by Rhyperior or Blastoise, and other sets are (usually) outsped by the rest of my team, since to my knowledge most of them run adamant (bad idea!). It also can't switch into anything. Still, i'd be lying If I said it wasn't a threat, a LO Darmanitan with spikes is a bitch.

-Electivire: Rhyperior manhandles most versions (even those silly mixed ones) Krookodile is a solid check, Darma forces a speed tie (though i'm pretty sure they don't run max speed) and it can't switch into anything. Not much of a threat at all.

-Escavalier: FUCK this thing. This team literally has no counter to it, I've seen OHKO Darmanitan with Megahorn for petes sake -_-. Thankfully its slow as dirt, so everything on this gets a shot at it. Its the main reason why I sometimes run Flamethrower on Mew.

-Flygon: Another threat, but only sometimes. Scarf sets are a not a problem, but CB sets are a whole other animal. Thankfully I have Blastoise with it for most of the game (curse you for lacking a recovery moveee), Krook can do a fair bit of damage as well and Mew can tank a hit and dish it out.

-Froslass: Its not that bad. Blastoise will almost always win 1 on 1, Darmanitan can switch into to most of its attacks and force it out, Krook can Crunch / Pursuit and it hates switching into this team in general.

-Gallade: I don't have a "concrete counter" but the majority of them are slow and have a hard time gaining momentum against this team. Usually dealt with via Mew or Blastoise.

-Golurk: Blastoise is a fine check, and it has trouble setting up on pretty much any team member. Not bad at all.

-Gorebyss: I'm convinced that if you use dedicated Shell Smash teams, you have no faith in your abilities as a battler whatsoever. That or you're a natural troll. Either way, Gorebyss is a bitch, but its entirely preventable, I just can't give it any openings.

-Heracross: By default, Heracross is always yellow threat (unless you're team works around it or you use... Gligar) and this team is no exception. It 1-2HKOes everything, and is impossible to straight up counter. Fortunately, its not impossible to around it, and non-scarfed versions are outsped by most of this team. Fucking bug types.

-Honchkrow: A huge feathery asshole, but nothing on this team lets it setup up a substitute so its not that bad. Rhyperior is the first to counter it, (unless it runs HP grass... in that case i'm forked) and Krook has no problem revenge killing it with Stone Edge. (20% of the time)

-Houndoom: Not that bad. A combination of switching into Blastoise and then Krookodile works, and it can't switch into anything. Its also (most of the time) outsped by Mew and Darmanitan.

-Huntail: See Gorebyss,(It's a little easier little easier since its a physical sweeper)

-Kingdra: Oh boy. When I see a Kingdra, I almost always attack it immediately, since I can't afford to let it set up at all. I'll even sacrifice Rhyperior if I have to. Fortunately, Darmanitan is guaranteed to lure them out and 2HKO with Earthquake, it can't really switch into anything and its revenge killed by Krookodile. Bulky DD sets are a bigger pain though.

-Krookodile: Bah, a well played Krookodile gives my team trouble. Outside of Blastoise, nothing really likes dealing with it, and it even pursuits mew (I stay in over half of the time to smash it with Aura Sphere)

Lilligant: If you don't let it set up you're good to go. Roserade will usually beat it if sleep clause is in effect even after a boost, Darmanitan can take most of its moves (barring HP rock) and krookodile can at least attempt to revenge kill it.

-Machamp: Machamp is lady Jirachi's knight in haxing armor so dealing with is always a pain. Mew beats it 50% of the time on a switch in, and if Blastoise is lucky it can at least force it out with a roar or even burn. Fortunately, its slow so nearly every member on this team can hurt it for some serious damage (Blastoise even gets a chance to burn) Dynamic punch is seriously dumb though.

-Mew: Mew is a big threat, but only when I don't know what set its running. Support sets are annoying, but beaten down by Darmanitan eventually (although can't switch into anything except WoW) by Roserade, my own Mew and Krookodile (while its weakened) Offensive sets are more dangerous, but at the very least I have Krookodile waiting in the wings.

-Mismagius: If I know its set, I will go straight to Krookodile. If i'm in the dark, I'll send Blastoise in so that I can scout ahead and at least stop it from setting up with roar. It can't OHKO a single Pokemon on this team before boosts, so it can be beaten by most of this team 1 on 1. Krookodile slams it every time.

-Moltres: Fuck Moltres. In every gen and in every tier, its always destroying me with its ungodly powerful attacks. Nothing on this team avoids the 2HKO, and most of it gets OHKOed, but it can't really switch into anything and is revenge killed by most of the team (thank god) still a huge bitch. SR clips its wings and puts huge pressure on it though.

-Nidoking: Another bastard. Its similar to Moltres in that it OHKOes /2HKOes mostly everything. Fortunately, both Mew and Darmanitan can actually outspeed and OHKO it, its easily revenge killed by Krookodile and both Blastoise / Rhyperior can take at least one hit in and dish out heavy damage in return.

-Ninjask: Wrecked by common sense.

-Omastar: It has difficulty setting up on every team member other than Rhyperior (and Krookodile locked into Pursuit) as long as I don't give it a chance to set up, I should be fine. Roserade is a decent check most of the time. Still a threat that can 6-0 at any time.

-Raikou: Geez UU is just filled with bastards. If Raikou sets up lategame, thats it the game is over, but I have a lot of Pokemon that can prevent total domination. Rhyperior can check most variants (watch for HP grass :/) and Krookodile is a solid check no matter what. Roserade can take a boost SE hit and deal decent damage with Leaf Storm (even after the SpD boost) or prevent it from subbing with Sludge Bomb. Smart play is required to deal with this monster.

-Rhyperior: Rhyperior hits HARD, but like Machamp its slow as dirt and almost every thing on this team has a move to seriously kill or cripple it. Blastoise can take on every version (if it isn't running CB, its a lot easier to beat)

-Rotom-C: Roserade and Darmanitan should be enough to deal with this thing. Volt Switching is a huge pain though.

-Rotom-H: Lol. I will always switch into Rhyperior, even if it carries WoW, because its a huge threat against this team otherwise. Choiced sets are easier to check (Specs is dangerous) but at least most of my team outspeeds it. Rhyperior will usually beat it 1 on 1, even after a burn, its also check by Mew and Krookodile. Finally, Darmanitan lures it out, and wrecks the unsuspecting toaster with Superpower.

Rotom-F: They're extinct now that hail is banned, but a combination of SR and Darmanitan should do the job. Its always revenge killed by Roserade (at 75%) or Krookodile / Mew.

Roserade: Annoying, but not too difficult to deal with. The main problem is choosing which Pokemon to sleep sac. I usually switch into Roserade and pivot switching into Rhyperior for the Sludge Bomb or Darmanitan for the Leaf Storm. Though most of the time they spike on the switch, so Darmanitan is a good choice. Krookodile has no problem revenging it (EQ is an OHKO) and Mew does a ton of damage with Psychic.

-Scolipede: Rhyperior and Blastoise has no problem beating this thing down, and Blastoise can rapid spin its hazards. Offensive sets are trickier but Rhyperior should be winning most of the time. If all else fails, Krookodile can revenge kill it.

-Sharpedo: Blastoise is one of the better Sharpedo checks. If it goes down, Roserade is my last hope (and physical variants still win) so I really need to play my cards right to win. Luckily it can't switch into ANYTHING.

-Shaymin: Defensive Shaymin are wrecked by Roserade, but faster offensive sets are dangerous, especially if they carry air slash. Darmanitan, Flamethrower Mew and Roserade are my best forms of defensive against this thing.

-Smeargle: Sleep fodder something, switch into something else yada yada yada. Its all about playing around it ya dig.

-Snorlax: Rhyperior will always beat the standard Snorlax set. Curse sets are a different story, but they're usually manageable (they can only set up on Roserade if Sleep clause is activated) and even at +1, Superpower does quite a bitch of damage.

-Stoutland: If Rhyperior is healthy, Stoutland shouldn't be a problem. If its dead, Blastoise is the second best check, though Iconic only does around 35%.

-Suicune: Dangerous. Suicune is one of the best Darmanitan counters in the game, and its really hard to deal with lategame. If Roserade is dead, then I have absolutely no hope of beating it with the rest of my team. One of the few reasons why I initially ran Psyshock on Mew. The key to beating this thing is never giving it an opportunity to attack.

-Togekiss: Togekiss is hard to straight up counter, especially if it sets up a nasty plot, but it has a hard time setting on anything on this team.
Darmanitan and Krookodile are my premier checks (switch in on the non attacking move) and Rhyperior can take at least 1 aura sphere and retaliate with Stone Edge.

-Venomoth: Quiver Dance Venomoth will always be a pain, especially those abominable Baton passes. Luckily, Darmanitan , SR and Mew are decent
checks and its revenge killed by Krookodile at +1.

-Victini: Rhyperior and Blastoise are pretty good at checking choiced sets, but mixed sets are a bitch, and will most likely get a kill in. Whenever it kills something, I make sure Krookodile is waiting in the wings to pursuit it. Thankfully, it can't switch into anything

-Weavile: Blastoise is good at shutting it down, and even Darmanitan can check it if it hasn't boosted yet. Krookodile as always can revenge.

-Zoroark: Similar to Ambipom, most Zoroark users have no idea what they're doing with it, and will often have it as the first pirate on team preview with it or give it a terrible moveset. Granted, this team doesn't do to good against Zoroark, but pivot switching into Krook and killing with EQ is my best method of disposal. It also cannot OHKO anything on this team (unless it has the right coverage move like flamethrower for Roserade or Grass Knot for Rhyperior) so at most it will end up crippling a Pokemon.

-Blastoise: Roserade makes Blastoise its bitch and it can be worn down my this team due to everything else's high power. Though if Roserade and Mew go down i'll have to resort to using my own Blastoise to check it.

-Deoxys-D: Deoxys-D is fodder for more than half of my team (Darmanitan, Roserade, Krookodile, Mew) Blastoise can spin on even Rhyperior has megahorn. Ordinarily its not a problem, but when packed with a team that has top tier offensive threats like Zapdos and Raikou it can be a problem, especially if I can't spin.

-Dusclops: Negligible for the most part has a risk of being burned by Blastoise when trying to spinblock and loses to pretty everything 1 on 1.

-Empoleon: Support variants can be checked by Roserade or stalemated with Blastoise but Specs sets hit like a bitch. Fortunately its slow and it has trouble switching in. Revenge killed by Darmanitan, Krook and Mew most of the time.

-Ferroseed: Not too much of a problem, just avoid the status / leech seed switch in and switch into Darmanitan or Roserade on the Spikes. Easy to wear down.

-Gligar: Blastoise hard counters it and Roserade and Mew hit it hard with their special attacks. Darmanitan can break through it with Flare Blitz if it switches into SR a few times.

-Hitmontop: Mew shuts down all versions, and Blastoise & Roserade are strong checks. Most of them are defensive spinners, so its usually trying to counter one of my own sweepers (typically Darmanitan)

-Milotic: Roserade makes Milotic its bitch, but if it goes down i'm definitely in a heap of trouble. Mew will also win, 1 vs 1. Its almost always worn down by repeated switches into Darmanitan though.

Poryon 2- A bulky monster that refuses to die. On the bright side, it will attempt to switch into all of my pirates, so wearing it down is a piece of cake (especially if rocks are down) I don't have a way to outright countering it with risking heavy damage or a paralysis. Download sets a strong as hell, but are easier to kill.

-Qwilfish: Standard spike user is standard. Qwilfish loves to switch into Darmanitan, and is almost always 2HKOed by a combination of Flare Blitz and EQ. Blastoise has no problem spinning on it, and tanking its hits, Roserade is a decent check and Mew revenge kills like no tomorrow.

-Registeel: Rhyperior makes this thing his bitch. It can't switch into anything (even Roserade can sleep it) and Blastoise can spin its hazards away in its face. No problem.

-Rotom: Annoying-ass spinblocker. Krookodile is my go-to-guy for offensive sets, while Roserade, Darmanitan and Rhyperior can somewhat check defensive sets. Not that big of a deal.

-Sableye: It cannot switch into any of my physical attackers (they all 2HKO even after a burn) and my special attackers don't really mind it at all. (Leaf storm OHKOes, Flamethrower / Shadow ball does a ton at +2, Blastoise can burn etc) and its hard countered by Darmanitan.

-Slowbro: Actually somewhat of an issue if its calm mind based. Defensive sets are fodder to Roserade unless they pack Psychock. At the end of the day though, Mew is coming out on top against this thing most of the time.

-Umbreon: Negligible. It cannot counter any of my special sweepers, and it gets wrecked by my physical sweepers too. Specially Krookodile, Rhyperior and Darmanitan walk all over it.

-Uxie: Support sets are irrelevant (you know the deal, attack, weaken, crunch or pursuit) but Dual screens sets are a huge bitch because they're fast as hell and almost impossible to kill.

-Xatu: Xatu doesn't really do much against this team. It cannot switch into my Stealth Rock user, (really it cannot switch into anything) so it isn't much of a threat.

Zapdos: Zapdos gets its own unique entry because its a god, and thus unbeatable. While this team can somewhat handle choice and defensive sets, LO Zapdos is uncounterable short of running Rindo Berry on Rhyperior. If it switches in (which is it has no problem doing on most of my Pokemon) it will go to town and get 1 kill guaranteed. The sad part is, i've had the biggest problem fitting a Zapdos counter onto this team (its a hard Pokemon to counter) Its the supposed "god of UU," and it wrecks this crew. I'm seriously considering running Rindo Berry on Rhyperior to counter this bastard. Pretty fitting title if you really think about it.

Hey,

Really nice team. Obviously a lot of effort went into it, and the obvious flaws are all hammered out, so this rate will be a little brief. You could try out a ScarfManitan > LO because it offers Speed and you can attack and then switch out as much as you want. Stealth Rock would be a problem, though you have Blastoise to take care of that for you. Speaking of the turtle, you are talking about Scald when mentioning "Iconic," right? Sorry if the question is stupid, I was just wondering. Anyhow, here is a minor nitpick, on Krookodile, I think you should move the 4 EVs into SpD or Def because you get more switch-ins on Spikes and such. My last suggestion is to use Roost > Shadow Ball on Mew. I know you lose coverage, but I used the same set on my last team and it worked wonders. Yeah, I know Sableye can be annoying without Shadow Ball, but the ability to regain HP on Volt Switches / U-Turns / weaker moves is really great. Anyhow, this is a great team. Good luck!

I think your team would benefit from Mew -> Froslass. It gives you the always important spikes, helps you against Zapdos, and is more solid against Scarfcross than Mew is. It makes you weaker to Cobalion though so it might not be the best choice.

Either way I like this team because it uses strong pokemon that forces your opponent to react to you while still maintaining the bulk to react to your opponent if you really need to. Krookodile is awesome.

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
Really strong team, it seems to be very solid congratz ^^

I don't know how you could fix your zapdos problem, but we already know how bitchy zapdos is in good hands, maybe running something like shaymin over roserade can be beneficial but dunno really.

I have a question, why Timid on Roserade? I mean, does it get anything special for your team by running it?

Good luck with the team, I really like seeing someone using LO Darmanitan :)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't play much UU so I can't give an actual rate. But you absolutely have to make Krookodile Usopp. Both of their defining features are their noses. Sanji can be Blastoise since both of them spin a lot.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
Hey,

Really nice team. Obviously a lot of effort went into it, and the obvious flaws are all hammered out, so this rate will be a little brief. You could try out a ScarfManitan > LO because it offers Speed and you can attack and then switch out as much as you want. Stealth Rock would be a problem, though you have Blastoise to take care of that for you. Speaking of the turtle, you are talking about Scald when mentioning "Iconic," right? Sorry if the question is stupid, I was just wondering. Anyhow, here is a minor nitpick, on Krookodile, I think you should move the 4 EVs into SpD or Def because you get more switch-ins on Spikes and such. My last suggestion is to use Roost > Shadow Ball on Mew. I know you lose coverage, but I used the same set on my last team and it worked wonders. Yeah, I know Sableye can be annoying without Shadow Ball, but the ability to regain HP on Volt Switches / U-Turns / weaker moves is really great. Anyhow, this is a great team. Good luck!
I've thought of using Scarfmanitan a few times, and its especially useful for dealing with opposing scarfers / +1 Yanmega but... it goes against the entire theme of the team, so unfortunately I to pass on it. Yeah Iconic = Scald, its a juvenile joke but I wanted to have fun writing this up. I hear you on reliable recovery for Mew, but if I don't have Shadow Ball opposing Psychic types eat me alive. Thanks for the rate!

I think your team would benefit from Mew -> Froslass. It gives you the always important spikes, helps you against Zapdos, and is more solid against Scarfcross than Mew is. It makes you weaker to Cobalion though so it might not be the best choice.

Either way I like this team because it uses strong pokemon that forces your opponent to react to you while still maintaining the bulk to react to your opponent if you really need to. Krookodile is awesome.
Oh yeah, a Froslass would work wonders with dealing with LO Zapdos (outside of Krook I had nothing that naturally outsped it) and other stuff like Heracross. You're right about opening myself up more to the likes of Cobalion, but I guess i'll try to play around it. (I might run HP fire on Froslass haha...) Thanks for the rate, and Krookodile is fucking awesome.

Really strong team, it seems to be very solid congratz ^^

I don't know how you could fix your zapdos problem, but we already know how bitchy zapdos is in good hands, maybe running something like shaymin over roserade can be beneficial but dunno really.

I have a question, why Timid on Roserade? I mean, does it get anything special for your team by running it?

Good luck with the team, I really like seeing someone using LO Darmanitan :)
I tried running Shaymin, but I felt that Roserade was better for this team. Its ruthless power and access to sleep powder made it a shoe in for this team. Timid lets me tie with opposing max speed Roserade, outspeed timid Nidoking and Adamant Darmanitan.

Thanks for the rate.

I don't play much UU so I can't give an actual rate. But you absolutely have to make Krookodile Usopp. Both of their defining features are their noses. Sanji can be Blastoise since both of them spin a lot.
Hmm... that is true!_!

Still, Krookodile and Sanji are similar in terms of fighting strength, and Usopp and Blastoise are more like utility type characters. I'm not going to get any sleep tonight though... HRM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)