ORAS LC Strawberry Stall

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

HI I'M BERKELEY

This is a team I built for Week Two of LCPL to try and beat user: fatty. It didn't work.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/lc-248572244

Sorry Jac

Anyways I don't like losing so make it better por favor

TEAMBUILDING

I think Shellos is cute so I picked it. It also has the benefits of 1v1ing non-SD Pawniard and being bulky as fuck and having Stockpile to stall out anything not named Snivy.

Full stall is really tough in Little Cup as there are so many ridiculous threats. Lickitung and Spritzee form the bulkiest core in the metagame and these three mons can blanket check just about anything via Wish, Heal Bell, and Clear Smog. Spritzee is also a really cool wincon with Calm Mind.

I've seen user: Rowan hype Numel in tandem with Spritzee for, like, forever. Long story short, he's right! Numel provides the team with very important things it was missing: entry hazards, a stop to Magnemite, and a way to beat Grass- and Steel-types, particularly Foongus and Pawniard.

Welcome to Little Cup, where birds are everywhere. Having at least one mon that resists Flying is mandatory for just about any team, and mine is no exception. Pawniard is the team's resident S-tier and bird check, and it also does well at spreading Knock Off and checking opposing Pawniard in a pinch. It also adds valuable priority to my super slow team. You know, just your everyday, standard Pawniard.

Croagunk is an amazing glue for lots of teams, as it can effectively dismantle a lot of amazing defensive cores. Up to this point, my team is uber weak to Gunk itself, as only Numel is really capable of taking it on and even it hates the status Sludge Bomb can hit it with. EQ Croagunk is a great way to beat other Gunks and also provides my team with even more priority, another way to beat Shell Smashers, another Fighting check, the list goes on.

LORDMONS

Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
Level: 5
EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Stockpile
- Recover

Shellos is a great mon for a stall team as it can absorb Knock Off, spread residual damage and status with Scald, and put a stop to set up sweepers via Clear Smog. When I originally thought up this team, I wanted to build it to support a scenario in which Stockpile Shellos walled a team to death, but that's really hard to do and I simply never got around to changing Stockpile to something better. Shellos' EV Spread hits 27 / 14 / 14 bulk, which is effectively 27 / 21 / 21 bulk as Shellos cannot lose its Eviolite.

Lickitung @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell

Lickitung is the bulkiest Pokemon in Little Cup, so stall is right where it fits in best. Not only does Lickitung provide a blanket check to just about any attacker, it also helps sustain my other mons through Wish support. Lickitung has fantastic synergy with Spritzee, and only Pokemon like Gastly and Croagunk can take the two on alone. Heal Bell provides cleric support to the whole team but particularly Shellos and Spritzee. Running Heal Bell also frees up a moveslot so Spritzee can run Calm Mind.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

The Great Wall of LC is here with a vengeance, ready to Calm Mind and take lives. Mono Fairy typing is amazing, especially in Little Cup where Knock Off and Fighting-types are around every corner, and Spritzee makes great use of it as a set up sweeper and Wish supporter. The Wish support is especially nice, as it lets recovery-less members of the team pivot into threats and generally prolongs my team's survival. Spritzee is real nifty.

Numel @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Numel is here to lay Rocks and smack hoes, and there's only one layer of Rocks. The key hoes Numel smacks include Croagunk, Steel-types, and Grass-types. Numel has Fire Blast and Earth Power to maximize slappability, and feature Will-O-Wisp to bop physical attackers that want to switch in on it like Archen and such. I'm really bored of writing and that's all Numel really needs anyways. It'll bop yo ass and steal yo gurl.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave

Sometimes it's tough for me to build a team without Pawniard, but there's good reason for that! Pawniard is a great check to birds and other stuff but probably the most helpful aspects of it are Knock Off and Sucker Punch, both of which are extremely important to the team. Iron Head lets Pawniard hit junk like Spritzee and Rocks real nifty-like and makes for some fun flinch hax. I elected to use Thunder Wave as it not only haxxes out wins sometimes, but also helps out my uber slow team get some breathing room. The spread is a lot bulkier than the normal one because this is a stall team, Karen, and I don't wanna hear one more word about it. I'll probably go over important roles later in the threatlist or something.

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Earthquake

I'm going to quote my last RMT here: "Earthquake, as mentioned earlier, gives ganjaGunk a perfect way to f'over unsuspecting switchins." Boy, how people grow. Anyways, Croagunk adds a great typing, a useful immunity, and important priority to this team, helping it check the likes of Snivy, Croagunk, Skrelp, and Houndour more effectively. I'm running standard MixGunk sans Knock Off cause I like the given Croagunk EVs.

THREATLIST
This one's gonna be on the side cause who needs center aesthetic??
GASTLY - SubGastly with HP Fite can literally 6-0 this team. Your Pawn predicts are on point, or you die.
SNIVY - [12:13] H&MBerkeley: snivy is hope to hell you play right [12:13] H&MBerkeley: with gunk, pawn, and numel
CRANIDOS - A Life Orb Cranidos would legitimately demolish my soul.
ABRA - Lickitung is usually the best bet, but Pawn can take it on if you're predicting well.
BUNNELBY - Croagunk has that sweet priority, as does Pawn, but neither can switch in.
HOUNDOUR - Croagunk has that sweet prio, Shellos should be able to take it on, and Numel has that good Ground coverage.
SKRELP - Croagunk and Lickitung can usually handle Skrelp, and Numel speedties with standard variants just in case.
PANCHAM - SD Pancham would be an infinitely larger threat if I didn't have Shellos.
CROAGUNK - EQ Gunk and Numel are usually enough.

IMPORTABLE

Shellos @ Eviolite
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 228 HP / 212 Def / 20 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Clear Smog
- Stockpile
- Recover

Lickitung @ Eviolite
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Body Slam
- Heal Bell

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast

Numel @ Eviolite
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Def / 156 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 HP / 76 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Psycho Cut

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 132 HP / 108 Atk / 116 Def / 36 SpA / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Earthquake

THANKS NERDS

Hello user: H&MBerkeley! This is a pretty neat stall team, especially considering how building stall in LC can be very difficult. Some Pokemon seem really threatening to this team, but there are a few changes that can help beat them.

-On Shellos, try running Earth Power>Stockpile. This will help you beat Swords Dance Pawniard, as +2 Pawniard 2HKOes Shellos and relying on a Scald Burn to beat it is not optimal, while Gunk is easily worn down. This also means that Shellos isn't bait for Croagunk, a Pokemon that your team struggles with.

-Instead of your current Physically Defensive Lickitung, use a Specially Defensive Spread of 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD with an Impish Nature. Your current spread is 2HKOed by Life Orb Abra, which is a huge threat to all stall teams but especially this one. This spread avoids the 2HKO after Rocks and kills with Body Slam/Knock Off. Also, using Knock Off>Heal Bell will allow it to become an excellent Gastly counter, dealing with a threat that otherwise beats you at team preview. You don't necessarily need to give up Calm Mind on Spritzee for Aromatherapy then because Numel is immune to both Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp.

-As of now, your team has no hazard removal. Entry Hazards such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes easily wear down stall teams. To get rid of entry hazards, I recommend using Bulky Archen>Pawniard. Archen is a reliable user of Defog that is right at home on stall teams, sporting decent bulk itself. It still does Pawniard's job of checking Fletchling while clearing hazards.
Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog

-Using a spread of 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD with a Calm Nature on Numel will help it check special attackers like Calm Mind Spritzee, LO Vulpix, Bellsprout, Houndour, and Snivy much easier. The loss in physical bulk isn't that bad because most of what you want to check is a special attacker or can not touch Numel thanks to its typing, like Ponyta.

That's all I have for this team. Hope I helped and good luck with the team friend! n_n

Last edited:
This is easily the most beautiful and aesthetically-pleasing post I've ever seen.

I would recommend putting a hazard remover on your team, in place of either Pawniard or Lickitung. A spike-stacking HO team (i.e Dwebble Offense) could be a nightmare for your team since you have nothing to remove hazards. However I do think it's pretty cool otherwise!

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello user: H&MBerkeley! This is a pretty neat stall team, especially considering how building stall in LC can be very difficult. Some Pokemon seem really threatening to this team, but there are a few changes that can help beat them.

-On Shellos, try running Earth Power>Stockpile. This will help you beat Swords Dance Pawniard, as +2 Pawniard 2HKOes Shellos and relying on a Scald Burn to beat it is not optimal, while Gunk is easily worn down. This also means that Shellos isn't bait for Croagunk, a Pokemon that your team struggles with.

-Instead of your current Physically Defensive Lickitung, use a Specially Defensive Spread of 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD with an Impish Nature. Your current spread is 2HKOed by Life Orb Abra, which is a huge threat to all stall teams but especially this one. This spread avoids the 2HKO after Rocks and kills with Body Slam/Knock Off. Also, using Knock Off>Heal Bell will allow it to become an excellent Gastly counter, dealing with a threat that otherwise beats you at team preview. You don't necessarily need to give up Calm Mind on Spritzee for Aromatherapy then because Numel is immune to both Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp.

-As of now, your team has no hazard removal. Entry Hazards such as Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes easily wear down stall teams. To get rid of entry hazards, I recommend using Bulky Archen>Pawniard. Archen is a reliable user of Defog that is right at home on stall teams, sporting decent bulk itself. It still does Pawniard's job of checking Fletchling while clearing hazards.
Archen @ Eviolite
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 236 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rock Slide
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Defog

-Using a spread of 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD with a Calm Nature on Numel will help it check special attackers like Calm Mind Spritzee, LO Vulpix, Bellsprout, Houndour, and Snivy much easier. The loss in physical bulk isn't that bad because most of what you want to check is a special attacker or can not touch Numel thanks to its typing, like Ponyta.

That's all I have for this team. Hope I helped and good luck with the team friend! n_n
Hello again user: Omastar42 I love all of these changes n_n thank you so much! I'd like to know though, what is your opinion on Knock Off > Body Slam? Despite having a mon immune to all types of status, I still like to have a cleric sometimes

Other than that one question it's perfect :O
This is easily the most beautiful and aesthetically-pleasing post I've ever seen.

I would recommend putting a hazard remover on your team, in place of either Pawniard or Lickitung. A spike-stacking HO team (i.e Dwebble Offense) could be a nightmare for your team since you have nothing to remove hazards. However I do think it's pretty cool otherwise!
n_n ty ty also got em coach! I do what I can

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What up h&mberk this is a cool team! Pink is a p good color, lickitung is a p cool mon, and you are a p cool user. Now let's get to business!

I have personally used Lickitung+Spritzee on teams before, specifically both with Wish. The freedom you get from having two extremely bulky mons passing Wishes all day is super cool, since you can make riskier plays that way. However, I played them a little differently. Instead of relying on Wish+Protect, I tried to make the team work more with just outright predicting my opponents, and forgoed Protect on both mons (I might have added Protect on Spritzee later, IDR, I don't have the team anymore). Not having Protect and bluffing it was really cool, since I could make plays a lot of the time, as they switch into something on the expected Protect, and get para'd by Body Slam, or smacked by Moonblast or something. Having Protect on both really deviates from momentum that could be gained from having such bulky mons, since while it DOES guarantee Wish hitting, it also gives them a turn to react freely, and then they have control of the match. One cool thing I've run is to run Counter > Protect on Lickitung, as this lets it check things like Timburr, Mienfoo, and Pawniard (you have checks to them yeah, but in a pinch you might need something gone, or you might not want to tank a Pawniard Knock Off on Spritzee / Croagunk. Counter usually nets an OHKO on all these mons, and at most you'll lose your item+30%, or you'll lose 50% from Mienfoo. Then, if you were to forgoe Protect on Spritzee, I would personally run Covet > Protect, although this isn't necessary since Protect is extremely useful late game to help facilitate a Calm Mind Sweep.

Lastly, I'm not really convinced that Numel is the best choice for your team. Numel doesn't really do all that much, and if anything makes your team weaker to Pawniard and Snivy. I would personally run Ponyta >Numel in this role, and shove Rocks onto Pawniard. Thunder Wave Pawn is cool and all, but the only things it lures in are Foongus (already beaten by Croagunk and Ponyta), Mienfoo (again), and Timburr (which really WANTS to take a Para). Stealth Rock would be more beneficial to your team, with the addition of Ponyta. If you don't go with Ponyta, then just keep Thunder Wave.

Anyway, I hope that with these suggestions I helped out your team a little! Pretty cool team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)