StreetPKMN+Mimic Glitch server live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
I'm not going to vote, but I'd just like to point out that Mischevous Heart should'nt be used anyway; while the mimic glitch is a... well a glitch, MH Mimic Glitch (or Mimic glitch with any DW ability for that matter) is just hacking. If Mischevous Heart+Mimic is allowed, you might as well allow Pure Power Groudon or Wonder Guard Spiritomb or something since both require hacking to obtain...

Unless, of course, the purpose of the metagame is to hack but then wtf is the point?

Supreme Dirt

1. We put sleep clause on the UltimatePKMN ladder. We already have Mimic Ubers that has this but it also has species clause. If you’d rather play Mimic Ubers don’t vote this option.
2. We ban mischievous heart on UltimatePKMN ladder.
3. We enforce a complex ban that prevents Mystery Heart + spore + taunt or some other complex ban that weakens the combo on UltimatePKMN tier through moderator action.
4. We ban one or more of the following pokemon off of the UltimatePKMN ladder: Sableye, Murkrow, Illumise.

I'm... having trouble. I followed Eric's wonderful tutorial as best I could but I'm stuck now. I can't figure out what to do with the two db file thingies. Can someone explain it to me? (Type slowly, so I can understand)
Edit: Never mind, I fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally did it, and it only took an hour and 3 tries.

Did you follow the video?

Anyway the new DB is supposed to replace the new DB though that'll prevent you from seeing normal teams. If you just want to play on StreetPKMN/Mimic Glitch server you can just merge the new DB with the old one. After extracting and copying the new DB open your pokemon online folder and paste there. If you want to see normal movepools you can:
1. install in two locations. One will be for Mimic Glitch and the other for normal pokemon or whatever you choose.
2. Before merging the folders, copy the old DB and repaste the copy with a different name.

Anyway point is, in the end you want the new DB to be in the first layer of the PO folder and be called DB just like the old folder used to be.

Also anyone think the server should be called Mimic Glitch server? I think that's a bit more accurate.

I still support the name "Pokémon Minus", but if anything call it the Transform Glitch Server. Mimic is a misnomer, since the glitch revolves around Transform being bugged.

IceHism

1. We enforce a complex ban that prevents Mischevious Heart + Spore + Taunt + baton pass
4. We ban mischievous heart on UltimatePKMN ladder.
3. We ban one or more of the following pokemon off of the UltimatePKMN ladder: Sableye, Murkrow, Illumise.
4. Don't do anything

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Or generalize even more to Glitch Server, since we'll hopefully be able to add gen 2 then later Gen 1 Glitches. And, not voting since I don't mind greatly on the temporary solution, getting legality actually fixes is the main thing. Unfortunately it seems I may not be able to spend much time on it for a while, have some big things to take care of/set up.

Due to the giant use in Shuckle, the newly unbeatable Pokemon, I've been theorymoning a few counters and here's one I think might work.

Suicune @ Lum Berry
Nature: Calm
EV's: unknown, any help here?
Spite
Protect
Rest
Sleep talk

Alright, here you just try to PP stall Shuckle until it struggles. After the struggle start, try and stall it out and hope recoil will do enough damage.

Due to the giant use in Shuckle, the newly unbeatable Pokemon, I've been theorymoning a few counters and here's one I think might work.

Suicune @ Lum Berry
Nature: Calm
EV's: unknown, any help here?
Spite
Protect
Rest
Sleep talk

Alright, here you just try to PP stall Shuckle until it struggles. After the struggle start, try and stall it out and hope recoil will do enough damage.
A CroCune PP Staller? Zap Cannon Machamp laughs.

Not using the voting system but I have a couple of things to say.

Firstly that MH users with glitch-legal movesets are still useful. MH Taunt and such are useful to shut down all the glitch-legal fast sleep abusers.

Secondly is the number of metagames/tiers we are going to end up with here. Ideally we should accomodate what we feel is right, but we do need to consider a standard of sorts as you need opponents too.

EDIT: Removed for idiocy.

BTW not that I've been playing much the last week or so, but if I'm on its usually between 7pm to 9am CST.

heh, that could be interesting but given that their power is about half of what it should be that translates to being like a 80 Power STAB move which isn't a bad STAB combo but it's not insanely damaging or anything.

Here's veekun's list of sniper pokemon and here is the serebii counterpart.

When I first read that first I first thought of Kingdra who is going to use STAB water moves to kick Shuckle's butt anyway and its water STAB is stronger whether through Hydro Pump (I'd probably take this one) or Surf. Also anyone who just wants to use Kingdra knows they have Swift Swim to pick which is probably better, as in way better. Also if you put Cold Flare on it (you know which tier this is for) that outclasses Ice Breath. Perhaps you could use Ice Breath in same vein you would Psycho Break. I suppose you could use Dragon + Mountain Storm to hit everything even when sun is up but whatever. Uh, Mountain Storm Kingdra better take on Kyogre, nevermind that you could hit it with Thunder or Grass Knot if you wanted. This is simply too complicated for something we are hoping to be better. Once again the only steel types around right now are Skarmory and Jirachii. Good luck getting the jump on them just because you used Mountain Storm when the sun was up.

There's also Drapion which is a little faster but otherwise is probably worse. Actually being able to use Dark STAB might scare away Gengar or not since Gengar is so frail anyway and its still faster. At least it resists STAB ghost + Fight (lol, as if it has the special defense to take on Gengar). Also being able to suck up poison spikes might be useful in the future. Could someone please convince me how this is good?

There's also Fearow for use in the DW StreetPKMN/Ultimate PKMN tier. But while it's technically the fastest (yay 100 speed) its other strength is STAB ES which either cheapens sniper or makes Mountain Storm combine wonderfully in order to hit the tier's steel types not named Skarmory...once again: sadly Skarmory is obviously the most popular and the only other one I've seen is Jirachii.

I could do some damage calcs but none of these things are on the level of Stantler switching into Spore, Sniper simply increases their coverage not boosts all their moves including their STAB and none of them even reach 100 in either attacking stats and that's not including the fact that their other stats aren't better. Anything not named Kingdra (who probably has the best defensive typing on top of that) is actually dramatically worse in other areas.

I suppose you could try Octillery in trick room (turn limits yaaaay) but even if TR's timer doesn't bother you, you have to realize Octillery is in the same coverage boat as Kingdra (though it doesn't have STAB Dragon).

As for beating Shuckle there is a very obvious solution called "just use Kyogre." Did Amnesia become popular on Shuckle lately? Kyogre will actually have the benefit of its rain protecting your steel types from Sacred Fire, but your Shuckle might die to Crabhammer/physical water move Machamp, oh well, not that many people are doing that but if you run into the guy who's using it and you're depending on Shuckle god help you.

Perhaps if I put some thought into it I could come up with more solutions that are just fine. Nonetheless, Shuckle isn't that much tougher than Skarmory, it just can mix wall and obviously has different weaknesses. So in otherwords, if you are really desperate to kill Shuckle at least use Kyogre oh and get to work at proving to me that Sniper pokemon really are awesome because I don't think I'm very convinced.

Off of that topic and seeing if I have any will or am able to think about Mimic Glitch StreeetPKMN anymore, Sableye, let alone other MH users don't seem so broken to me anymore. One user is good, but using more can be counterproductive when people come prepared. Of course you could just spam destiny bond everywhere after gaining the lead because lol, I don't think anything can block it.

Does this also mean Ditto can Transform into a Pokemon that knows Mimic, Assist, Sketch, etc. and get any move? It still sux but I was just asking with Quick Power it could be a quick surprise... As it can get 4 moves, maintain Quick Powder (418 Speed; protected from paralysis by Limber), and not be locked into a move like Scarfers:

Ditto: @ Quick Power
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Timid

Spore
Substitute
Leech Seed
Soak - [Grass types are no longer Immune]

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Does this also mean Ditto can Transform into a Pokemon that knows Mimic, Assist, Sketch, etc. and get any move? It still sux but I was just asking with Quick Power it could be a quick surprise... As it can get 4 moves, maintain Quick Powder (418 Speed; protected from paralysis by Limber), and not be locked into a move like Scarfers:

Ditto: @ Quick Power
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly/Timid

Spore
Substitute
Leech Seed
Soak - [Grass types are no longer Immune]
why wouldn`t you just use Deo-S who is faster and can hold Lefties to make subbing easier (also you should boost its defenses instead of HP to get more from Leech seed recovery).

^ Main difference is it's only weak to fighting (with machamp and aura sphere everywhere, might not be the best)
But it won't be weak to pursuit (but I don't know how common that is in this meta anyway)

Why can't I find the server anymore?
Did it change it's name?
Yes, check post 2 frequently if you have questions about that, also you'll get updates on tiers if anything changes with that. Generally it's a good idea to look for the words "Glitch" "StPKMN" "StreetPKMN" or "Street Pokemon." Though the Bullshit tier still isn't on there, when I explained it to jc104 he said it was "bullshit" so I guess it's doing its job.

Aakeosu, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-S, Ditto, Dragonite, Espeon, Garchomp, Gengar, Giratina, Groudon, Jirachi, Kyogre, Latias, Lucario, Machamp, Mewtwo, Ninjask, Scizor, Shedinja, Shuckle, Skarmory, Slaking, Stantler, Swampert, Tyranitar, Zekuromu

Also Eric never implemented the Transform glitch on Ditto of all things but its stats are so low there's no loss. Also based on my experience, pursuit is not common at all.

Also I was gonna post something more awesome but I'll edit it in later or just plain post later.

Sorry for neglecting lately, guys @.@
Had a craving to keep up on Beta's DW and Smogon's Standard.
I'm gonna keep lurking around for a bit. I miss CC the most.

Aakeosu, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-S, Ditto, Dragonite, Espeon, Garchomp, Gengar, Giratina, Groudon, Jirachi, Kyogre, Latias, Lucario, Machamp, Mewtwo, Ninjask, Scizor, Shedinja, Shuckle, Skarmory, Slaking, Stantler, Swampert, Tyranitar, Zekuromu
Hmm, interesting.

Why is Swampert banned though? I don't see a reason for it.

Archelos: too strong 4 u
Deo-A/S: see above
Ditto: lolImposter
Dragonite: i believe it was too epic
Espeon: Other than Magic Mirror I cannot think of any other reason
Garchomp: There is a reason why it was Uber last gen.
Gengar: what
Groudon: METAGAME SMASHED IN THE GROWTH
Jirachi: h4x becomes worse. Always burn Sacred Fire, FML
Kyogre: METAGAEM RAPED WITH A TAIL GLOW
Latias: what, and Latios isnt banned?
Luke: what is this i dont even
Machamp: SHEER COLD
Mewtwo: read: uber
Ninjask: the ability to baton pass anything > Smeargle. Now with Taunt!
Scizor: lolwut
Sheddy: I WALL LIEK A GOD
Shuckle: Cosmic Power makes it impossible to break
Skarm: what?
Swampert: what is this guy doing here
TTar: Shell Rape I assume
Zekrom: Banned, and Reshiram isn't. Wth.

Swampert is banned for a reason I cannot fathom, Zekrom and Latias are banned when Reshiram and Latios aren't, no Ray, what the hell? Also lolArchelos. Scizor, Skarm and Gengar don't really make any sense, but I'm assuming Tail Glow for Gengar. >_> Salamence and Metagross, the other pseudo-legends, are free as well. wth

(I hope someone didn't misspell Serperior somehow)

Gengar banned? What?

Gengar was easy as hell to take down.

LOL at people relying on ESpeed so much.

Haven't really played much lately though.

^ Main difference is it's only weak to fighting (with machamp and aura sphere everywhere, might not be the best)
But it won't be weak to pursuit (but I don't know how common that is in this meta anyway)
Also not weak to Shadow Sneak/Force, Sucker Punch, and U-turn.

Ditto should have it to be fair, after all besides Mew its the only 1 to learn Transform naturally. And Ditto would surprise lots of foes, especially if the foe has a substitute up and they think "ha I blocked their Impostor" ability only to realize it was a Quick Powder set-up Ditto all along.

Okay, so this is obviously awesome. However, I've been online for a bit, but no one else is on. (timezone difference perhaps? gah.) Anyway, not sure if I have a say, but isn't the point of StreetPKMN to *not* have rules? As Breludicolo put it, there *shouldn't* even be a vote on this, as MH Spore is technically illegal. But other than that, I would vote for no sleep clause/no species clause/no bans/mimic glitch, like the way you had originally planned.

EDIT: Any thoughts on implementing the double weather glitch from early gen 4 carts.? If we're going to play as close to the real game as possible, one would assume that this would be included, even if for only gen 4 matches (although, I'd love to see this in gen 5 matchups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)