StreetPKMN+Mimic Glitch server live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Couldn't you also just Baton Pass some Agility boosts to him? 55 Speed is just terrible. Even with a Scarf, he's stupidly slow.
you could, but you can also baton pass shell breaks to kyogre ;)

As it looks now prediction is the key to your success along with being prepared to get sweeped.

Focus sash can save you a game since noone seems to use SR as its hard to set-up with all that priority spore and speeking of spore Lum Berry is propably one of the best items as it saves you from a scarf Deo-S ruining your sweep.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have legality implemented other than DW Ability+Mimic move. I am unsure how to implement that without a lot of annoying scripting. Still, got most everything. Even added the knock on effects on other Pokemon's illegal combinations (and an exception thanks to Eep). Here is the new client. The server will probably only be updated by Captain, though I'm seeing if there is a way for me to be able to do it remotely.

Edit: 78 downloads of the original version, and the server has been somewhat active throughout the day (there are dead zones, but not too big considering how new this place is). We held several eight man tourneys and many more smaller ones. Going to be needing some more tourney staff. Come and join the fun!

And, some useful things you could do:

• Write a good warstory showcasing one of the metagames.
  • Post good sets with a little description, we'll add them to the early posts so people can get an idea about how the meta works.
  • Post a few well thought out RMTs (wait till we get approval first, I've asked about it).
  • Play the game!
Edit2: Fixed download link. At least those of you who used the old link got a fairly cool tool for modding PO databases.

Not going to be playing on the server until DW+Mimic is banned.
The old policy was "we allow whatever the server allows." The new policy is "on every tier if you are using something OBVIOUSLY illegal and unobtainable ingame you'll be kicked/banned if you continue using after being warned." This applies to every ladder (or at least 5th gen ladders where it counts) but the full/unrestricted one I like which will NEVER ban DW + mimic glitch if we don't have to.

For Everyone having trouble with those annoying machamps (That is every simgle person) i have been using a Gardevoi very efectively

Gardevoir
Max Speed & Sp. Attack
Trace
- Sheer Cold
- Psyco Break http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psycho_Break_(move)
- Aura Sphere/Disable
- Magic Coat

This is a great Machamp Revenge Killer, you just came after hi killed one of your pokes and compleately rape their team, Magic Coat is for all the Spore runing around and Psyco Break and Aura Sphere are for damage (altough thre's not really a big point in using it since you'll be using a OHKO move that never fail) I use it with Steath Rock support (use a sturdy lead) and nothing can stop you, Disable iss there so your opponent can use sucker punch, that's the only think that stops Gardevoir sweeping

Is very interesting this new tier (and the fact that I can use Gardevoir is a great plus) and if we stop using those boring machamps we could really have the most diverse meta

eric the espeon

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay, legality failed. The problem is none of the natural categories of learning fit the criteria we want, the gen 5 Mimic moves need to be legal with early gen moves, but they also need to be illegal with eachother by default. Going to go with a much more ugly backup solution which will also be more annoying to use, since illegal sets will not show up in teambuilder, the server will simply reject them. Go back to the older client if you have the newer one, I'll try and implement it server-side. The alternative seems to be getting a full list of legal movesets.. which would be absurdly huge. And probably kill everything with lag. Or learning C++ and changing the PO source code to add a new learn category/recompiling.

I've edited the link in the OP back to the original.

Edit: I'll come up with the best solution I can, probably tomorrow.

For Everyone having trouble with those annoying machamps (That is every simgle person) i have been using a Gardevoi very efectively

Gardevoir
Max Speed & Sp. Attack
Trace
- Sheer Cold
- Psyco Break http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Psycho_Break_(move)
- Aura Sphere/Disable
- Magic Coat

This is a great Machamp Revenge Killer, you just came after hi killed one of your pokes and compleately rape their team, Magic Coat is for all the Spore runing around and Psyco Break and Aura Sphere are for damage (altough thre's not really a big point in using it since you'll be using a OHKO move that never fail) I use it with Steath Rock support (use a sturdy lead) and nothing can stop you, Disable iss there so your opponent can use sucker punch, that's the only think that stops Gardevoir sweeping

Is very interesting this new tier (and the fact that I can use Gardevoir is a great plus) and if we stop using those boring machamps we could really have the most diverse meta
This doesn't work if the Machamp's been passed enough Speed. I try to Pass my Machamp a Shell Break so it can outrun other Machamps and also for, well, this. Scarf Ditto might stay a better check.

Oh man, people are talking about spore and machamp. Also ditto is even more awesome in this metagame than in standard. Time for a dumb question: what's the most common machamp moveset other than "use sheer cold lol." I kinda need to know if a sturdy pokemon not named Skarmory is a good idea.

There is quite literally nothing other than 'use sheer cold lol'.

The prospect of a nevermiss move that always OHKOs is just too broken, combined with Machamp's bulk.

I don't really mind Machamp...he tends to be a 1-for-1 trade in my experience. It really is spore that agitates me. One spore user on a team, sure...but this is truly getting ridiculous.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Okay, legality failed. The problem is none of the natural categories of learning fit the criteria we want, the gen 5 Mimic moves need to be legal with early gen moves, but they also need to be illegal with eachother by default. Going to go with a much more ugly backup solution which will also be more annoying to use, since illegal sets will not show up in teambuilder, the server will simply reject them. Go back to the older client if you have the newer one, I'll try and implement it server-side. The alternative seems to be getting a full list of legal movesets.. which would be absurdly huge. And probably kill everything with lag. Or learning C++ and changing the PO source code to add a new learn category/recompiling.

I've edited the link in the OP back to the original.

Edit: I'll come up with the best solution I can, probably tomorrow.
Couldn't you just change the Mimic Moves to be 4th Gen Tutor Moves, that would atleast fix DW+Mimic.

Eric The Espeon, I think a new thread should be started regarding the Challenge Cup Street Pokemon.(cool sets, general discussion etc.) Do you mind if I start one?

There is quite literally nothing other than 'use sheer cold lol'.

The prospect of a nevermiss move that always OHKOs is just too broken, combined with Machamp's bulk.
You all do realize that No Guard works both ways, right? So if Sheer Cold Machamp is killing everything, you can just slap Sheer Cold on anything faster and/or with Sturdy (or, you know, Shedinja) and have a guaranteed OHKO. It's not like you'll be missing much coverage from the moveslot...

if you're worried about it use a Focus Shash, you hang with one HP but you'll destroy that Machamp, i use Sturdy Whirlwind and Shedinja Whirlwind when they have gained too much speed

eric the espeon

Couldn't you just change the Mimic Moves to be 4th Gen Tutor Moves, that would atleast fix DW+Mimic.
This works fine for 4th gen moves, but there are issues with 5th gen ones. I think I've got a workaround though. Not going to be pretty but it should function.

Eric The Espeon, I think a new thread should be started regarding the Challenge Cup Street Pokemon.(cool sets, general discussion etc.) Do you mind if I start one?
There is not all that much competitive discussion to be had around random battles, but you're free to post interesting things which have happened in this thread (use hide tags for any logs longer than about a turn).

I was in but i can fight one person every hour or so

PD: Honchcrow is a nice machamp counter (if he hasn't been passed lots of speed) and still useful for the all the Spore running around, something you could use

eric the espeon

Ok, so I've actually fixed legality (I think). Sadly it won't all show up in teambuilder, but the server will reject DW Abilities used with Mimic moves. The knock on effects of the Mimic glitch on legality have been implemented in teambuilder. Right now I don't see a way to sort out illegal things displaying in teambuilder without C++ coding in the source and recompiling, which sadly is beyond me. Even getting a text error message when loading an illegal team would require a lot of scripting. If you make a team and something does not show up in battle, it's illegal. If you're really sure it's not, post here and I'll explain it/realize I've made a huge mistake. Anyway.. New Client! You don't need it, but it will allow you to access a few more sets which would otherwise not be possible. I have also updated the link in the first post. Captain's just restarting the server.

Ninjask with protect and sheer cold.
Protect to gain a speed boost, then sheer cold machamp and then machamp is down. Instant counter,No?

Sheer Cold Scarftrio. Champ can't even switch, and you still outspeed at +2. You don't outspeed at +3, though.

Not sure what else to give it. Toxic (or maybe Sandstorm) for taking out sheddies? Life Gambit for Shuckles and other low HP mons? Splode? Lunar Dance? Memento? Obviously there's also boring old EQ and such.

Also, does Sturdy still block damage from OHKO moves, or is it just an auto-sash now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)