1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Strike! (5th OU)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by JolteonX, Apr 25, 2011.

1. JolteonX

JolteonX

I have used this team in battle, and it's pretty good, but I could use some opinions.

[​IMG]

Hariyama @flame orb
    ability: guts
    EVs: 252 attack/164 SPD/92Spe
    nature: adamant
    fake out
    close combat
    payback
    ice punch

Hariyama seems like a weird choice for a lead, but it is awesome. Fake out gives it a turn to activate flame orb and guts, 2xing it's attack. Then it can go for close combat or payback, depending on the pokemon. Ice punch is for dragon types that don't get OHKO by his other moves.

[​IMG]

PorygonZ @ choice specs
    ability: adatability
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 Spe
    nature: timid
    tri attack
    ice beam
    dark pulse
    hidden power fighting

PorygonZ is a decent special sweeper that wishes it was faster. 305 speed is ok, but still other pokemon outspeed this thing at times. However, with specs, this pokemons SPA skyrockets to around 600. Tri attack activates STAB , which is boosted with adaptability, already with 600 SPA, can 2HKO at the least anything.the other moves are for coverage. I also use it to block ghost type attacks.

[​IMG]

Scizor @ choice band
    ability: technition
    EVs: 252 atack/4 SPD/ 252 speed
    nature: adamant
    bullet punch
    u-turn
    superpower
    night slash

Siczor is an amazing pokemon with sweeping potential. With technition, bullet punch gets 80 base + 40 STAB= 120 base + piority. enough said. The other moves are just for coverage and U-turn for scouting and hard hitting.. Instead of pursuit, I chose the more reliable night slash.

[​IMG]

Excadrill @ air ballon
    ability: sand rush
    EVs: 252 atack/4 HP/ 252 speed
    nature: jolly
    earthquake
    rock slide
    x-scisor
    swords dance
    thephysical sweeper on my team. It can take advantage of a sandstorm by using sand rush. Earthquake is for reliable STAB. swords dance boosts it's attack while it's on the air ballon.. The the other moves for coverage. It is well rounded, but falls to fire moves. The air ballon protects it from ground attacks.

[​IMG]

Dusclops @ evolite
    ability: pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SPD/ 4 Def
    nature: careful
    will-o-wisp
    night shade
    subsitute
    pain split

With evolite, it gets high defences. will-o-wisp keeps physical attackers at bay. night shade gets reliable damge on pokemon. Subsplit alows it to block and heal. I also use it to block noramal and fighting types.

[​IMG]

Starmie @ leftoversability: natural cure
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 Spe
    nature: timid
    surf
    thunderbolt
    ice beam
    rabid

A good rabid spinner that can aslo kill threats.

That's all, I hope to get some opinions on this. Thank you for your time.
  2. wacky tabaky

wacky tabaky

Hariyama should have flame orb as it doesn't damage him as much and the attack drop doesn't effect the guts boost. Starmie should be your spinner and hold leftovers instead of Cscarf as your losing trick. Because starmie is now your spinner excadrill can have sword dance to sweep. Dusclops needs subsplit instead of resttalk Because it makes him a better stall.
  3. JolteonX

JolteonX

Those tips, escept for duskinor, seem to work well for me. Thanks for the help.
  4. JolteonX

JolteonX

5. mudkipmaster

mudkipmaster

You should lengthen your descriptions or else the mods will lock.
  6. JolteonX

JolteonX

7. HotPocket

HotPocket

I would suggest Latios over Porygon-Z with the same SpA (I think) and better speed (not to mention STAB dragon attacks which are like STAB normal attacks except don't suck). The only problem is that TTar loves to come in on Latios and Starmie which means he can trap a lot of your pokemon. I would swap starmie for a more bulky water like Vaporeon as your team is bulky enough to use wish support.
  8. Rawrchomp

Rawrchomp

I'm just wondering why you are using Excadrill without a Sand Streamer. Without sandstorm Excadrill is easily outsped by many pokes. Perhaps also trying Facade on Hariyama. It's boosted by the burn, so along with Guts, it can do some damage.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)