Strike! (5th OU)

I have used this team in battle, and it's pretty good, but I could use some opinions.

Hariyama @flame orb
ability: guts
EVs: 252 attack/164 SPD/92Spe
nature: adamant
fake out
close combat
payback
ice punch

Hariyama seems like a weird choice for a lead, but it is awesome. Fake out gives it a turn to activate flame orb and guts, 2xing it's attack. Then it can go for close combat or payback, depending on the pokemon. Ice punch is for dragon types that don't get OHKO by his other moves.

PorygonZ @ choice specs
ability: adatability
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 Spe
nature: timid
tri attack
ice beam
dark pulse
hidden power fighting

PorygonZ is a decent special sweeper that wishes it was faster. 305 speed is ok, but still other pokemon outspeed this thing at times. However, with specs, this pokemons SPA skyrockets to around 600. Tri attack activates STAB , which is boosted with adaptability, already with 600 SPA, can 2HKO at the least anything.the other moves are for coverage. I also use it to block ghost type attacks.

Scizor @ choice band
ability: technition
EVs: 252 atack/4 SPD/ 252 speed
nature: adamant
bullet punch
u-turn
superpower
night slash

Siczor is an amazing pokemon with sweeping potential. With technition, bullet punch gets 80 base + 40 STAB= 120 base + piority. enough said. The other moves are just for coverage and U-turn for scouting and hard hitting.. Instead of pursuit, I chose the more reliable night slash.

Excadrill @ air ballon
ability: sand rush
EVs: 252 atack/4 HP/ 252 speed
nature: jolly
earthquake
rock slide
x-scisor
swords dance
thephysical sweeper on my team. It can take advantage of a sandstorm by using sand rush. Earthquake is for reliable STAB. swords dance boosts it's attack while it's on the air ballon.. The the other moves for coverage. It is well rounded, but falls to fire moves. The air ballon protects it from ground attacks.

Dusclops @ evolite
ability: pressure
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 SPD/ 4 Def
nature: careful
will-o-wisp
night shade
subsitute
pain split

With evolite, it gets high defences. will-o-wisp keeps physical attackers at bay. night shade gets reliable damge on pokemon. Subsplit alows it to block and heal. I also use it to block noramal and fighting types.

Starmie @ leftoversability: natural cure
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SPA/ 252 Spe
nature: timid
surf
thunderbolt
ice beam
rabid

A good rabid spinner that can aslo kill threats.

That's all, I hope to get some opinions on this. Thank you for your time.

Hariyama should have flame orb as it doesn't damage him as much and the attack drop doesn't effect the guts boost. Starmie should be your spinner and hold leftovers instead of Cscarf as your losing trick. Because starmie is now your spinner excadrill can have sword dance to sweep. Dusclops needs subsplit instead of resttalk Because it makes him a better stall.

Hariyama should have flame orb as it doesn't damage him as much and the attack drop doesn't effect the guts boost. Starmie should be your spinner and hold leftovers instead of Cscarf as your losing trick. Because starmie is now your spinner excadrill can have sword dance to sweep. Dusclops needs subsplit instead of resttalk Because it makes him a better stall.

Those tips, escept for duskinor, seem to work well for me. Thanks for the help.

I would suggest Latios over Porygon-Z with the same SpA (I think) and better speed (not to mention STAB dragon attacks which are like STAB normal attacks except don't suck). The only problem is that TTar loves to come in on Latios and Starmie which means he can trap a lot of your pokemon. I would swap starmie for a more bulky water like Vaporeon as your team is bulky enough to use wish support.

I'm just wondering why you are using Excadrill without a Sand Streamer. Without sandstorm Excadrill is easily outsped by many pokes. Perhaps also trying Facade on Hariyama. It's boosted by the burn, so along with Guts, it can do some damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)