Strikeout Tournament - Finals! [Won by Gouki]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally, here we are in the final round of the Strikeout Tournament!

I'm going to skip the statistics this time for two reasons: First, with only four players it's a bit pointless, and second, looking at the stats could give one of the competitors a fair idea of the other's team. However, two pokemon will still be banned, and those two are Tyranitar and Dragonite. They are banned for this final round.

Here is a list of all the banned pokemon:
  • Garchomp
  • Deoxys-E
  • Celebi
  • Gengar
  • Heatran
  • Salamence
  • Suicune
  • Gyarados
  • Zapdos
  • Tyranitar
  • Dragonite
Thanks you to everyone who played in this tournament, as it was a lot of fun, and to Junior, who helped me get it off the ground. Here is the final match:
  • Gouki vs Ripchord
Good Luck to the two remaining competitors!

CONGRATULATIONS GOUKI

(YEA!!! CANADA)

This match will be ass, since this tournament is just a fucking hax whore.
Anyway, Ripchord gets my vote cause he's Canadian.

I'd appreciate if Gouki got haxed so badly that he cries. Cause I did =(

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
you missed one hypnosis, which was badly timed anyway, and this was after lucking me to death. this whining is getting annoying =/

anyway, good luck ripchord although im gonna win this!

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
Laughing about how Olie feels he was haxed when Gouki got about 4 times as much luck against him.

Should be a good match with all Canada, but I will never pick against Gouki!

Good luck to both.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
=/

ripchord finally logged on yesterday, but he didnt respond to my pm, and im guessing he didnt send his strikeout in.

Gouki

nice times all the times
its been 2 weeks, and i havent heard a word from ripchord. im not going to be active for the next ~2 weeks, so i guess im pulling out of this.

Oh crap, Gouki I just got on from a lengthy absence, if you happen to be reading this I'm available tonight. I've been bogged down with shit, and I agree with you my absence is totally unacceptable, if anyone has to forfeit it should be me.

EDIT - well canada won at least, lol

Gouki

nice times all the times
ok, we managed to catch each other, and got the battle done. i won in a nice match.

gg dude

Gouki

nice times all the times
i guess i'll post my team, since it barely changed all tournament ._.

Code:
Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot
---
Mamoswine (M) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 176 HP/116 Atk/196 Spd/20 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Reflect
---
Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Wish
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP/200 Spd/252 SAtk
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Calm Mind
---
Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/140 Spd/116 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute
---
Moltres @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Roost
- Substitute
- Toxic
---
i had bulky dd salamence/zapdos/dragonite in that last spot, until each was banned. raikou had max speed until gengar was banned, and hp ice until the final.

i knew i wanted support mamo that could bluff having band/scarf, so the evs were just taken from something aldaron told me a while ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)