Strikeout Tournament - Round Five (semifinals)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All the data is in, so it is time to begin the semifinals of the Strikeout tournament! As always, here are the strikeout announcements and data before the pairings:
  • The only pokemon struck out more than once was Gyarados. Therefore, Gyarados is banned in this round and for the duration of the tournament.
  • There were four eligible pokemon tied for most usage, and in a somewhat complicated (but predetermined) tiebreak process, Zapdos is the most used pokemon and is therefore banned in this round and for the duration of the tournament.
Here are strikeout and usage stats:

Code:
[U][B]Pokemon[/B][/U]       [U][B]Strikeouts
[/B][/U]Abomasnow.........01
Gyarados..........03
Infernape.........01
Smeargle..........01
Tyranitar.........01
Vaporeon..........01
Code:
[U][B]Pokemon[/B][/U]            [U][B]Usages[/B][/U]
Gyarados.............03
Heracross............03
Roserade.............03
Zapdos...............03
Weavile..............03
Azelf................02
Blissey..............02
Infernape............02
Lucario..............02
Mamoswine............02
Skarmory.............02
Tyranitar............02
Bronzong.............01
Cresselia............01
Dugtrio..............01
Gliscor..............01
Jirachi..............01
Machamp..............01
Mismagius............01
Raichu...............01
Raikou...............01
Starmie..............01
Swampert.............01
Vaporeon.............01
Here are the semifinal pairings!
  • Olie vs Gouki
  • Ripchord vs Brawley
I'm not going to set a deadline for this one since there are only two matches. Guys, please remember to save your logs. Last round two of the four pairs forgot, and this time each use is obviously pretty important.

As a reminder, here are all the banned pokemon:
  • Garchomp
  • Deoxys-E
  • Celebi
  • Gengar
  • Heatran
  • Salamence
  • Suicune
  • Gyarados
  • Zapdos
Good Luck to all the remaining contestants!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
3/4 are canadian not bad at all hehe

gouki was just lucky to even MAKE team canada thats all im sayin

damn, Canada is good at this.
Well, I'm probably gonna use my team from last round since the new changes don't really affect it.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Antarctica fighting!~

and I guess a shout-out to the lone American

This was the most asinine match that I have ever played... like it just fuckin sucks, like FUCK!

good luck in the finals, Gouki.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
started off the match getting lucked to death, then came back after a hypnosis miss to win the worst game of the tournament!

I'm definately warstorying this match today, but I guess I'll wait until the end of the tourney as to not reveal Gouki's team.

I just still can't get over this game, it was just REALLY HORRIBLE!
But, I should stop bitching about this now -___-

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah Ripchord seems to have pulled his disappearing act again.

I really do not want to give free advances into the finals >_>

EDIT: lmao Gouki

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
GO AMERICA

Brawley vs. Gouki finals

America wins, since we need something to be happy about. (Boo obama)

I still love you Gouki though, Good luck to all of you still in it.

Ok once again guys, fuck me, I keep thinking we have more time to do these things (not that we haven't- I'm just crazy forgetful)

I've sent my strikeout in now, I hope Brawley is able to play me tonight, otherwise its up to TAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)