Strikeout Tournament - Round Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well since not even half the matches are done, I'll be extending the deadline until Monday, October 13. Please please please get your matches done guys. I'll be sending reminder PM's shortly.

Skymin will not be allowed in this tournament. Throwing in what I assume will be a top tier poke after many of the other top tiers have been removed would obviously be a bad idea.
EDIT: New Rotoms are also not allowed.

The new moves will NOT be allowed in this round, however they will be allowed in every round after this (some people have already finished their matches this round, and I would like each match within each round to be played under uniform conditions).

Regarding Hypnosis (and any other move changes): I don't care what server you play on, so long as both players agree on where the match should take place. If a consensus cannot be reached, the match should be played at Smogon University. After all, this is a Smogon tournament.

Link to previous thread: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45118

It's time to move on to the next round of the strikeout Tournament!

Before I post the new pairings, I one again have some announcements to make:
  • By far the most struck out pokemon was Gengar. Therefore, Gengar is banned in this round and for the duration of the tournament.
  • The most used is a bit more complicated. Junior and I agreed at the onset of the tournament that if two pokemon tied for usage, the tie would be broken by number of strikeouts that round. If it still happened to be a tie, then the tie would be broken by number of uses in the previous round. This is what it came down to, since Salamence and Heatran were tied in both usage and Strikeouts this round. However, Heatran was used more than Salamence in round 1; therefore, Heatran is banned in this round and for the duration of the tournament.
  • I'm sorry, but the statistics will not be as in-depth as they were last time. I still don't have access to my laptop, and to be honest the response last time was pretty underwhelming, so I don't think it's worth the trouble to do the extended stats again.
Here are the Strikeout and Usage statistics from last round:

Code:
[U][B]Pokemon[/B][/U]       [U][B]Strikeouts
[/B][/U]Blissey...........04
Bronzong..........01
Gengar............07
Gliscor...........02
Gyarados..........03
Heatran...........03
Jirachi...........01
Lucario...........02
Salamence.........03
Suicune...........02
Tyranitar.........03
Code:
[U][B]Pokemon[/B][/U]            [U][B]Usages[/B][/U]
Heatran..............09
Salamence............09
Bronzong.............07
Gengar...............06
Lucario..............06
Suicune..............05
Tyranitar............05
Zapdos...............05
Vaporeon.............05
Roserade.............04
Blissey..............03
Dragonite............03
Infernape............03
Metagross............03
Nidoqueen............03
Raikou...............03
Azelf................02
Gyarados.............02
Heracross............02
Jirachi..............02
Machamp..............02
Mamoswine............02
Scizor...............02
Shuckle..............02
Skarmory.............02
Starmie..............02
Swampert.............02
Togekiss.............02
Venusaur.............02
Yanmega..............02
Abomasnow............01
Azumarril............01
Cresselia............01
Crobat...............01
Dugtrio..............01
Forretress...........01
Gallade..............01
Gliscor..............01
Kabutops.............01
Kingdra..............01
Ludicolo.............01
Magnezone............01
Marowak..............01
Mr.Mime..............01
Nidoking.............01
Qwilfish.............01
Smeargle.............01
Snorlax..............01
Tentacruel...........01
Matches were only advanced into this round if I felt that there was a reasonable chance of them being completed. To be honest I was pretty disappointed with the turnout from last round; I would REALLY appreciate everyone getting their matches done in a timely fashion.

Anyway...

Here are the Round 3 Pairings!
  • Da Letter El vs Ripchord
  • snorlax vs darkie
  • Master of the Six Kings vs Amelia
  • KD24 vs Sk
  • Gouki vs tennisace
  • LonelyNess vs Brawley
  • Eo Ut Mortus vs Aldaron
  • Kankuro vs Olie
(all things random done with www.random.org)

This round will come to a close on Wednesday, October 1, at 12:00 Midnight (PST).

Here are a few reminders and clarifications regarding the rules:
  • You can use the pokemon your opponent struck out from you last round. This round your opponent will strikeout a pokemon from you, just like in the first and second rounds. It is possible that you will be be unable to use the same pokemon as last round.
  • If you strike a pokemon out from your opponent, you are still allowed to use that pokemon.
  • Garchomp, Deoxys-E, and Celebi are all still banned.
  • Gengar and Heatran are now also banned.
  • You will not receive a strikeout PM directly from your opponent. All players should send their strikeout PMs to me, and once I have received them from both players, then they will be forwarded.
  • Please send your strikeouts as soon as you can. Your opponent cannot build their team without knowing what that can and cannot use.
  • To make it incredibly clear, each player will not be able to use six pokemon this round: the five listed below, and one more of his/her opponent's choosing.
The following pokemon are banned in this round and for the duration of the tournament:
  • Garchomp
  • Deoxys-E
  • Celebi
  • Gengar
  • Heatran
If you have any questions, feel free to post here or send a PM. Thanks to everyone who got their matches done, and good luck to all the players in this round!

Skymin will not be allowed in this tournament. Throwing in what I assume will be a top tier poke after many of the other top tiers have been removed would obviously be a bad idea.
EDIT: New Rotoms are also not allowed.

The new moves will NOT be allowed in this round, however they will be allowed in every round after this (some people have already finished their matches this round, and I would like each match within each round to be played under uniform conditions).

Regarding Hypnosis (and any other move changes): I don't care what server you play on, so long as both players agree on where the match should take place. If a consensus cannot be reached, the match should be played at Smogon University. After all, this is a Smogon tournament.

Well since not even half the matches are done, I'll be extending the deadline until Monday, October 13. Please please please get your matches done guys. I'll be sending reminder PM's shortly.

To be honest, if possible i want to see the wins and losts of each Pokemon.

There goes Gar and Heatran... I was expecting Lucario actually.

Da Letter El vs (Taylor vs Ripchord)
snorlax vs darkie
Master of the Six Kings vs Amelia
KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk)
Gouki vs tennisace
LonelyNess vs Brawley
Eo Ut Mortus vs Aldaron
Kankuro vs Olie

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
snorlax vs darkie
KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk)
Gouki vs tennisace
LonelyNess vs Brawley
Eo Ut Mortus vs Aldaron
Kankuro vs Olie

lol gorm

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Of course I am not guaranteed to advance into this round because me and Ripchord have not managed to play - which by the way, I apologise for - so I'm sure you expect a late reply from either of us.

But I'm simply replying to show my interest and how I understand where we are in this tournament. I will send Ripchord another private message to see if we can get the match done.

• Da Letter El vs (Taylor vs Ripchord)
  • snorlax vs darkie
  • KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk)
  • Gouki vs tennisace
  • LonelyNess vs Brawley
  • Kankuro vs Olie - Good Luck
Sending PMs to TAY and Kankuro shortly.

Da Letter El vs (Taylor vs Ripchord) - taylor has the experience
snorlax vs darkie - snorlax is the dark horse of this tourn and proved it with a impressive win over Aeroblacktyl
Master of the Six Kings vs Amelia - amelia's named was underlined
KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk) - rojo is a serious threat, sk seems to have experience. kd24 is a loser who doesnt know how to win.
Gouki vs tennisace - no matter how he did it, beating zero and jabba means that tennis has the power of god by his side ... except gouki may very well indeed be god so who knows
LonelyNess vs Brawley - uppppsssseeeettttt
Eo Ut Mortus vs Aldaron - i like this match up, mortus has experience with lesser used pokemon and with lesser pokemon being used that means he should have something going for him. but aldaron is aldy so i cant go against him
Kankuro vs Olie - toss up

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
  • Da Letter El vs (Taylor vs Ripchord)
  • snorlax vs darkie - Go modkie
  • KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk)
  • Gouki vs tennisace - aww man. GL
  • LonelyNess vs Brawley
  • Kankuro vs Olie
Will get this done eventually, it shouldn't be too hard to find gouki.

Pm'ed darkie and TAY

I dont know why, but i find it funny that people are starting to predict a win for me just because i beat aeroblacktyl

Holy crap, Someone actually predicted for me to win O_O .

Thanks EW <3.

Also, could you make a list of the Pokemon you cannot use, please. Like Heatran, Garchomp, Gengar etc. It would help a bit IMO.
  • Da Letter El vs (Taylor vs Ripchord) Taylor is win
  • snorlax vs darkie haven't had a chance to battle darkie, but I hear he's good
  • Master of the Six Kings vs Amelia honestly I have no idea
  • KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk) KD seems to know his stuff
  • Gouki vs tennisace Gouki is win
  • LonelyNess vs Brawley Might be close, dunno
  • Eo Ut Mortus vs Aldaron Never heard of Eo, and from what I've heard/seen Aldaron is good
  • Kankuro vs Olie Good luck. ^_^

snorlax vs darkie - good luck. :)
KD24 vs (Rojo23 vs Sk)
Gouki vs tennisace - goopy sucks
LonelyNess vs Brawley
Eo Ut Mortus vs Aldaron
Kankuro vs Olie

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also, could you make a list of the Pokemon you cannot use, please. Like Heatran, Garchomp, Gengar etc. It would help a bit IMO.
I included this in the OP already. Look near the bottom (after the "reminders" section).

For reference, the universally banned pokemon are:
  • Garchomp
  • Deoxys-E
  • Celebi
  • Gengar
  • Heatran

O come on no one will vote me i mean i never ladder, I just play in tournaments (and get quite far with them i guess).

Also, my strategy for this tourney is running so smoothly, it's fun (:

Btw, i predict Lucario to go this time around, along with...Salamence?

Well, With Gengar and Heatran now out, I'm questioning the amount of Blisseys that will get struck out...

Edit: Australian Kangaroo Exams
Tee hee :D

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Me and Ripchord scheduled to play later on today. Right now I am at work so I cannot get on to actually play him, but I will when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)