XY Ubers Striking them Down

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Welcome to my new XY Ubers RMT.
Since ORAS is coming out and XY Era is coming to an end I was thinking about sharing this last Team.
I wanted to build something around an unusual Pokemon, so I came up with the weirdest ideas. The pokemons were things like Crustle or Wobbufet.
After realising that this idea was shit I searched like Pokemons which aren't really used. My first thought was Specs Reshiram, but then I found the awesome Banded Zekrom.
So at the End I decided to build a Team around Zekrom.

So Zekrom was basicaly the first Pokemon.
Zekrom is weak against Fairy/Ice and Ground which makes fitting a Ferrothorn best. With adding a Ferrothorn my Stealth Rock setter problem is solved.

Ferrothorn can't take any Fire Type Moves, besides Will-o-Wisp, so adding a water Type Pokemon is important. Arceus-Water is a great choice since it also has Defog which removes my Hazard Problem.

The Geomancy Xerneas is a big problem.
Adding a Klefki to paralyse Xerneas with Thunder Wave and cleaning it up with a OHKO Bolt Strike was in my opinion the best choiche.

I was now weak to the Extrem Killer Arceus and Yveltal was a great Choice to get rid of this problem. Also can it tank some hits from other Physical Pokemons like Mega Kangashkan or Groudon.

The last slot was pretty much a filler so I decided to use a Spinnblocker which is also used as a Stallbreaker.
The ability to trap Pokemons is so overpowered which makes my opponent think twice about switching.

Bolt Strike (Zekrom) @ Choice Band
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Sleep Talk

The Choice Band Zekrom almost OHKOs everything and takes out the important threats like Xerneas or Ho-Oh. I'm using an Adamant Nature, because I think that more Power is better then speed. I could only Speed-Tie Kyogre, Groudon and Ho-Oh which is in my opinion pretty bad, since Kyogre is mostly running Specs or Scarf where I usually switch out. Groudon does 2HKO by Outrage. Even the physicall wall is 2HKO by this Zekrom and most of my opponents always think that I'm running scarf which means I can half the HP of Groudon when I predict the 50/50 Switch. For the moveset I obviously choosed Bolt Strike + Outrage because of the strong STAB moves. Volt Switch is here to get momentum and Sleep Talk to switch into the Dark Voids. Zekrom is most of the time the win condition of this team which means you need to play with it carefully.

Some Calcs which are important:
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Groudon: 204-241 (50.4 - 59.6%) -- 84% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 104 HP / 32 Def Xerneas: 391-462 (93.3 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 331-391 (86.8 - 102.6%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Teravolt Zekrom Bolt Strike vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Arceus-Rock: 291-343 (65.5 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Spiker (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

The good Toxic switch in and my Pokemon which is also setting up Stealth Rocks. Everyone knows that a Team without Rocks isn't very quiet a team, since you give your opponent the opportunity to switch around freely. All around Ferrothorn switches most of the time in when Zekrom is switching out. The typing Grass/Steel is so good, which can resist most of the opponents attacks. The Speed IVs are obviously down to make Ferrothorns Gyroball stronger.
Gyroball can deal some pretty nice damage during the Set Up of Xerneas or make like 25% damage to other pokemons. Leech Seed is to gain faster your HP back while damaging your opponent. Protect is just another filler to get some HP back or scout the opponents attacks.

Jetstream (Arceus) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp

The picture doesn't quiet fit since I'm using a Arceus-Water but who cares.
My Arceus-Water is my Team supporter to get rid of Hazards. It has a nice synergy with Ferrothorn which walls Kyogre. Before Defog I used Calm Mind with the reason that I thought my opponent would defog after I would set up massive Hazards. Sticky Web was a thing though, so I changed it to Defog again. The Speed EVs are here to outspeed Palkia, Mega Kangaskan and everything below. Burn them if neccesary and recover while they're burning. The bulk is SpeDef to make Palkia's Thunders 40-45% and Kyogre's Water Attacks weaker. Judgement is my only damaging attack which hurts things like Ho-Oh.

Little Giant (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough
- Spikes

The thing that got hated the most in XY is still good even without Swagger. It's my Xerneas Check which fires up a clean Thunder Wave to OHKO with Zekrom afterwards. If you expect a CM Arceus, just Toxic it and stall it out. Klefki is also my second Hazard setter to keep the pressure up. Play Rough is to break the Subs from Xerneas and hit Yveltal if neccesary. The bulk is Special Defense to tank one +2 HP Fire hit from Xerneas. There is really not much to say to this set, since it's very common.

Dark Side (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

My Arceus E-Killer Check which is always doing his job fine. The bulk to tank a +2 Extrem Speed is just awesome. Hitting back with the +2 Foul Play is even more awesome. The EV Spreads are all on Defense, otherwise you would die. It's again a normal Set to stall out Giratina and killing offensive Arceus's. Roost is here to stay healthy, because Yveltal is most of the time needed. For the last slot I chosed Sucker Punch to OHKO Mewtwo Y or attack with it if it is needed. I was thinking of changing Sucker Punch to Dark Pulse. I will explain the reason later.

Immortal (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond
- Focus Blast

Mega Gengar is such a great Pokemon with the ability Shadow Tag. It takes out the most threatning Pokemon of the opponents team with a Suicide Destiny Bond if it is needed. Most of the time Gengar takes out the Fairies with Sludge Wave or Pokemons like Heatran and Ferrothorn with a double Focus Blast. Mega Gengar also pressures the opponent, which makes him think twice about switching pokemons. Mega Gengar has really less bulk which means you kinda try to Mega Evolve early to get the Speed Boost and Shadow Tag. Taunt is for blocking the Will-O-Wisp or Hazards and getting the solid Destiny Bond afterwards.

If that thing surprisingly reveals a LO Stone Edge you're pretty much dead.

StallTwo can destroy this team complete. Your only choice is to Para it with Klefki and finish it off with Zekrom. That's why I was thinking about changing Yveltal's Sucker Punch to Dark Pulse.

Only the Double Dancer with a Lum Berry is a huge threat.

A well build Semi-Stall Team could destroy my team, since I don't really have anything which can absorbs Will-O-Wisps.

So yeah that was probably my last XY Ubers Team and I'm hoping that ORAS Ubers will be a good Tier like XY Ubers.
I hope everyone enjoyed and I will appriciate your Rates.
I'm sorry if my english ain't that good, since I'm from germany.
Also please unban me from Ubers Room.
I only answered a question in german hello??

Lacus

Peak PSD:

#2 on Pokemon Online:

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, I played around with your team a bit before the servers went down and I personally felt like Ferrothorn wasn't needed. Waterceus is able to check Kyogre, and all Palkia / Dialga carry Fire Blast. You also have Klefki for Xerneas. I ended up using Gliscor in place of it, as it is also able to take advantage of Ground-types switching in to Zekrom (or your other two mons weak to Ground) and get off Rocks or a free Toxic. This also lessens issues with Mega Blaze and Ho-Oh (can't get burned and stall recoil with Roost). A set like this would probably work.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb | 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe | Stealth Rock / Roost / Toxic / Earthquake. This gives you a switch in to both Toxic and Wisps. You can run some Speed if you are worried about fast Ho-Oh. That said I definitely didn't play as much as you did with this team, but I hope I helped.

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello It's just Lacus, I think I remember playing this team on the suspect ladder more than once, and I think finished with a 1-1 record against it. It's really nice to see a team with Band Zekrom, I've always wanted to see a good team that utilizes it and this is the first one i've seen :].

Clearly my fellow raters are too scared to rate this but that means I get to go first which is always fun :].

The main issue I see is you losing rather heavily to sun offense along the lines of Ho-Oh + Gothitelle (+ Groudon + Xerneas). As much as I hate Shadow Tag and voted for it to be banned, i recognise that preparing for it is a necessity. As it is now, Gothitelle can trap both your Arceus-Water and your Klefki, carry out its Calm Mind + Rest gameplan and then kill off cornertstone members to your team -> Xerneas can set up Geomancy and rampage without Klefki to halt it, and if Arceus-Water is removed, I actually see a weakness to Ho-Oh open up. I recognise that you have Zekrom, but switching Zekrom in on Ho-Oh is always very nasty as Earthquake can OHKO after Stealth Rock, whilst Sacred Fire chews a piece out of Zekrom and can also easily cripple it. Arceus-Water can also be burned by Ho-Oh, and in sun cannot even manage to deal 25% to Ho-Oh with Judgment. Substitute Ho-Oh + Gothitelle + Defog Arceus-whatever looks to me like it can systematically chew this team to pieces.

I'm going to float these two moveset changes as a possible fix for you.

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Roar / Punishment
- Defog
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Heal Block
- Play Rough
- Spikes / Heal Block

Roar on Arceus-Water lets it get rid of all Gothitelle that try to trap it, with Charm, Trick Room and Double Team variants rendered useless. Taunt variants may cause you trouble, but you can still Judgment them in their first turns of setting up Calm Mind, then as soon as they Rest, you Roar them out thanks to Taunt wearing off. Punishment works against all Gothitelle except Charm variants (and if you get seriously unlucky against Double Team variants, i guess?), and can also 2HKO Gengar on the switch. If you run Punishment, I would recommend that you run 176+ Speed as this lets you outspeed Gengar and KO it before it can snipe you with Destiny Bond. Honestly, Defog is very nice for your team but it's not absolutely necessary as you don't have a huge weakness to hazards. The reason i recommend replacing Will-O-Wisp is because you are running physically defensive Yveltal, which handles things such as Arceus-Ground and Extremekiller that you would be trying to cripple with Will-O-Wisp.

You can run Heal Block on Klefki to prevent Gothitelle from trapping it and healing itself with Rest, and another oft-forgotten use of Heal Block is to screw up RestTalk Xerneas and Recover Arceus. The next sentence is going to earn me some severe reprisals from several people, but I personally think that Spikes on Klefki are not completely necessary. If you run Defog on Arceus-Water you will often be undoing your own Spiking anyway, so what I have tried before is a moveset of Play Rough / Toxic / Thunder Wave / Heal Block, which can screw up certain defensive Pokemon by poisoning them and then preventing them from healing. Just something to consider~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)