1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Stupid little BASH script that might be useful

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Dragontamer, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Dragontamer

Dragontamer

I've noticed that many of my tier lists have a ton of useless NFE pokemon in them. So here's a little script I wrote up that should help me start solving that issue:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

grep "Venusaur\\|Charizard\\|Blastoise\\|Butterfree\\|Beedrill\\|Pidgeot\\|Raticate\\|Fearow\\|Arbok\\|Pikachu\\|Raichu\\|Sandslash\\|Nidoqueen\\|Nidoking\\|Clefable\\|Ninetales\\|Wigglytuff\\|Vileplume\\|Venomoth\\|Dugtrio\\|Persian\\|Golduck\\|Primeape\\|Arcanine\\|Poliwrath\\|Alakazam\\|Machamp\\|Victreebel\\|Tentacruel\\|Golem\\|Rapidash\\|Slowbro\\|Farfetch'd\\|Dodrio\\|Dewgong\\|Muk\\|Cloyster\\|Gengar\\|Hypno\\|Kingler\\|Electrode\\|Exeggutor\\|Marowak\\|Hitmonlee\\|Hitmonchan\\|Weezing\\|Kangaskhan\\|Seaking\\|Starmie\\|Mr. Mime\\|Scyther\\|Jynx\\|Pinsir\\|Tauros\\|Gyarados\\|Lapras\\|Vaporeon\\|Jolteon\\|Flareon\\|Omastar\\|Aerodactyl\\|Snorlax\\|Articuno\\|Zapdos\\|Moltres\\|Dragonite\\|Mewtwo\\|Mew\\|Meganium\\|Typhlosion\\|Feraligatr\\|Furret\\|Noctowl\\|Ledian\\|Ariados\\|Crobat\\|Lanturn\\|Xatu\\|Ampharos\\|Bellossom\\|Azumarill\\|Sudowoodo\\|Politoed\\|Jumpluff\\|Sunflora\\|Espeon\\|Umbreon\\|Slowking\\|Wobbuffet\\|Girafarig\\|Forretress\\|Steelix\\|Granbull\\|Scizor\\|Shuckle\\|Heracross\\|Ursaring\\|Magcargo\\|Corsola\\|Octillery\\|Delibird\\|Mantine\\|Skarmory\\|Houndoom\\|Kingdra\\|Donphan\\|Stantler\\|Smeargle\\|Hitmontop\\|Miltank\\|Blissey\\|Raikou\\|Entei\\|Suicune\\|Tyranitar\\|Lugia\\|Ho-oh\\|Celebi\\|Sceptile\\|Blaziken\\|Swampert\\|Mightyena\\|Linoone\\|Beautifly\\|Dustox\\|Ludicolo\\|Shiftry\\|Swellow\\|Pelipper\\|Gardevoir\\|Masquerain\\|Breloom\\|Vigoroth\\|Slaking\\|Ninjask\\|Shedinja\\|Exploud\\|Hariyama\\|Delcatty\\|Sableye\\|Mawile\\|Aggron\\|Medicham\\|Manectric\\|Plusle\\|Minun\\|Volbeat\\|Illumise\\|Swalot\\|Sharpedo\\|Wailord\\|Camerupt\\|Torkoal\\|Grumpig\\|Spinda\\|Flygon\\|Cacturne\\|Altaria\\|Zangoose\\|Seviper\\|Lunatone\\|Solrock\\|Whiscash\\|Crawdaunt\\|Claydol\\|Cradily\\|Armaldo\\|Milotic\\|Castform\\|Kecleon\\|Banette\\|Tropius\\|Chimecho\\|Absol\\|Glalie\\|Walrein\\|Clamperl\\|Huntail\\|Gorebyss\\|Relicanth\\|Luvdisc\\|Salamence\\|Metagross\\|Regirock\\|Regice\\|Registeel\\|Latias\\|Latios\\|Kyogre\\|Groudon\\|Rayquaza\\|Jirachi\\|Deoxys\\|Torterra\\|Infernape\\|Empoleon\\|Staraptor\\|Bibarel\\|Kricketune\\|Luxray\\|Roserade\\|Rampardos\\|Bastiodon\\|Wormadam Grass\\|Mothim\\|Vespiquen\\|Pachirisu\\|Floatzel\\|Cherrim\\|Gastrodon\\|Ambipom\\|Drifblim\\|Lopunny\\|Mismagius\\|Honchkrow\\|Purugly\\|Skuntank\\|Bronzong\\|Chatot\\|Spiritomb\\|Garchomp\\|Lucario\\|Hippowdon\\|Drapion\\|Toxicroak\\|Carnivine\\|Lumineon\\|Abomasnow\\|Weavile\\|Magnezone\\|Lickilicky\\|Rhyperior\\|Tangrowth\\|Electivire\\|Magmortar\\|Togekiss\\|Yanmega\\|Leafeon\\|Glaceon\\|Gliscor\\|Mamoswine\\|Gallade\\|Probopass\\|Dusknoir\\|Froslass\\|Rotom\\|Uxie\\|Mesprit\\|Azelf\\|Dialga\\|Palkia\\|Heatran\\|Regigigas\\|Giratina\\|Cresselia\\|Manaphy\\|Darkrai\\|Shaymin\\|Arceus\\|Deoxys Attack\\|Deoxys Defense\\|Deoxys Speed\\|Wormadam Ground\\|Wormadam Steel\\|Porygon2\\|Porygon-Z\\|Dunsparce\\|Electabuzz\\|Magmar\\|Quagsire\\|Parasect"
    Yeah, thats a simple grep of every fully evolved pokemon, and a few interesting NFE types. They are organized roughly in numerical order, with a few on the end that for some reason I forgot to add on the first run through.

I figure this might be useful to anyone who automatically generates charts in the future... so there ya go.
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

The correct way to do this is to just generate pokemon lists from the smogon database, with a clause tier != "nfe". There are a lot of utility scripts to do stuff like this, its a few lines of python from the server.
  3. Dragontamer

Dragontamer

Is there a public dump of the Smogon database? Cause that kinda makes this script useless >_>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)