Stupid little BASH script that might be useful

I've noticed that many of my tier lists have a ton of useless NFE pokemon in them. So here's a little script I wrote up that should help me start solving that issue:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

grep "Venusaur\\|Charizard\\|Blastoise\\|Butterfree\\|Beedrill\\|Pidgeot\\|Raticate\\|Fearow\\|Arbok\\|Pikachu\\|Raichu\\|Sandslash\\|Nidoqueen\\|Nidoking\\|Clefable\\|Ninetales\\|Wigglytuff\\|Vileplume\\|Venomoth\\|Dugtrio\\|Persian\\|Golduck\\|Primeape\\|Arcanine\\|Poliwrath\\|Alakazam\\|Machamp\\|Victreebel\\|Tentacruel\\|Golem\\|Rapidash\\|Slowbro\\|Farfetch'd\\|Dodrio\\|Dewgong\\|Muk\\|Cloyster\\|Gengar\\|Hypno\\|Kingler\\|Electrode\\|Exeggutor\\|Marowak\\|Hitmonlee\\|Hitmonchan\\|Weezing\\|Kangaskhan\\|Seaking\\|Starmie\\|Mr. Mime\\|Scyther\\|Jynx\\|Pinsir\\|Tauros\\|Gyarados\\|Lapras\\|Vaporeon\\|Jolteon\\|Flareon\\|Omastar\\|Aerodactyl\\|Snorlax\\|Articuno\\|Zapdos\\|Moltres\\|Dragonite\\|Mewtwo\\|Mew\\|Meganium\\|Typhlosion\\|Feraligatr\\|Furret\\|Noctowl\\|Ledian\\|Ariados\\|Crobat\\|Lanturn\\|Xatu\\|Ampharos\\|Bellossom\\|Azumarill\\|Sudowoodo\\|Politoed\\|Jumpluff\\|Sunflora\\|Espeon\\|Umbreon\\|Slowking\\|Wobbuffet\\|Girafarig\\|Forretress\\|Steelix\\|Granbull\\|Scizor\\|Shuckle\\|Heracross\\|Ursaring\\|Magcargo\\|Corsola\\|Octillery\\|Delibird\\|Mantine\\|Skarmory\\|Houndoom\\|Kingdra\\|Donphan\\|Stantler\\|Smeargle\\|Hitmontop\\|Miltank\\|Blissey\\|Raikou\\|Entei\\|Suicune\\|Tyranitar\\|Lugia\\|Ho-oh\\|Celebi\\|Sceptile\\|Blaziken\\|Swampert\\|Mightyena\\|Linoone\\|Beautifly\\|Dustox\\|Ludicolo\\|Shiftry\\|Swellow\\|Pelipper\\|Gardevoir\\|Masquerain\\|Breloom\\|Vigoroth\\|Slaking\\|Ninjask\\|Shedinja\\|Exploud\\|Hariyama\\|Delcatty\\|Sableye\\|Mawile\\|Aggron\\|Medicham\\|Manectric\\|Plusle\\|Minun\\|Volbeat\\|Illumise\\|Swalot\\|Sharpedo\\|Wailord\\|Camerupt\\|Torkoal\\|Grumpig\\|Spinda\\|Flygon\\|Cacturne\\|Altaria\\|Zangoose\\|Seviper\\|Lunatone\\|Solrock\\|Whiscash\\|Crawdaunt\\|Claydol\\|Cradily\\|Armaldo\\|Milotic\\|Castform\\|Kecleon\\|Banette\\|Tropius\\|Chimecho\\|Absol\\|Glalie\\|Walrein\\|Clamperl\\|Huntail\\|Gorebyss\\|Relicanth\\|Luvdisc\\|Salamence\\|Metagross\\|Regirock\\|Regice\\|Registeel\\|Latias\\|Latios\\|Kyogre\\|Groudon\\|Rayquaza\\|Jirachi\\|Deoxys\\|Torterra\\|Infernape\\|Empoleon\\|Staraptor\\|Bibarel\\|Kricketune\\|Luxray\\|Roserade\\|Rampardos\\|Bastiodon\\|Wormadam Grass\\|Mothim\\|Vespiquen\\|Pachirisu\\|Floatzel\\|Cherrim\\|Gastrodon\\|Ambipom\\|Drifblim\\|Lopunny\\|Mismagius\\|Honchkrow\\|Purugly\\|Skuntank\\|Bronzong\\|Chatot\\|Spiritomb\\|Garchomp\\|Lucario\\|Hippowdon\\|Drapion\\|Toxicroak\\|Carnivine\\|Lumineon\\|Abomasnow\\|Weavile\\|Magnezone\\|Lickilicky\\|Rhyperior\\|Tangrowth\\|Electivire\\|Magmortar\\|Togekiss\\|Yanmega\\|Leafeon\\|Glaceon\\|Gliscor\\|Mamoswine\\|Gallade\\|Probopass\\|Dusknoir\\|Froslass\\|Rotom\\|Uxie\\|Mesprit\\|Azelf\\|Dialga\\|Palkia\\|Heatran\\|Regigigas\\|Giratina\\|Cresselia\\|Manaphy\\|Darkrai\\|Shaymin\\|Arceus\\|Deoxys Attack\\|Deoxys Defense\\|Deoxys Speed\\|Wormadam Ground\\|Wormadam Steel\\|Porygon2\\|Porygon-Z\\|Dunsparce\\|Electabuzz\\|Magmar\\|Quagsire\\|Parasect"
Yeah, thats a simple grep of every fully evolved pokemon, and a few interesting NFE types. They are organized roughly in numerical order, with a few on the end that for some reason I forgot to add on the first run through.

I figure this might be useful to anyone who automatically generates charts in the future... so there ya go.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
The correct way to do this is to just generate pokemon lists from the smogon database, with a clause tier != "nfe". There are a lot of utility scripts to do stuff like this, its a few lines of python from the server.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)