item: Salac Berry
ability: Levitate
nature: Timid
evs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
ivs: 0 HP / 0 Atk

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======
  • Substitute is used to aid Curse's effectiveness as well as help deal more damage with Pain Split.
  • Curse is the main gimmick of the set, allowing Mismagius to cripple it's normal switch-ins, such as Audino and Miltank.
  • Shadow Ball is used to give Mismagius a good STAB move that can hit relatively hard due to Mismagius' 105 SpA.
  • Multiple moves can be used in this last slot. Pain Split is a very good way to recover HP as well as cripple calls. This is the main reason the HP ivs are 0. Taunt can be used to prevent walls from recovering HP. Destiny Bond can be used as a last ditch effort to get a kill as Mismagius can't really do much when it's at 1% health.
[SET DETAILS]
=======
  • The 252 in Speed with the Timid nature is used to make sure Mismagius can outspeed a much as it can so it can get a curse off.
  • The 252 in SpA is used so Shadow Ball hits as hard as it can.
  • Salac Berry is an interesting one. After a Sub and a Curse, the Salac berry will be activated. It is used to outspeed a lot of the tier to get off a last second Destiny Bond, Curse, or a Pain Split. It can also be used to sweep with Shadow Ball if the opposing team is weakened enough.
  • The 0 ivs in HP and Atk do serve a purpose. For HP, it maximizes the power of Pain Split and makes sure the Salac is activated after just one Sub and one Curse. For Atk, it reduces the damage of Foul Play.
[USAGE TIPS]
=======
  • You want to use this Mismagius set very carefully. One wrong move and it could be Hariyama's dinner.
  • This set is best used to switch in, or force switches into, walls such as Miltank or Audino. There, it can proceed to Sub and Curse, crippling the opponent.
  • Some things that can be forced out by Mismagius' presence are Xatu, Mesprit, and Jynx, among others.
  • It is recommended that you avoid any physical attackers, as they will be able to easily KO Mismagius, due to it's terrible physical bulk.
[TEAM OPTIONS]
=======
  • Mega-Audino is a good partner as it can handle Shiftry's Knock Off and deal hefty amounts of damage in return.
  • Rhydon can be used to threaten out common checks to Mismagius such as Magmortar and Skuntank.
  • Skuntank is also useful as it handles Scarfed Rotom and Haunter, which could easily decimate Mismagius.
  • Offensive Carracosta is a useful partner as well, as it checks many of the offensive checks to Mismagius, such as Archeops, Scyther, and Swellow.

erisia

Innovative new design!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there. Just wanted to let you know that when a Pokémon is on the reservation list and it doesn't have a set name alongside it, that means that a whole analysis should be written with the overview, other options, checks and counters, etc. In Mismagius's case, this analysis would be a revamp of the existing one, highlighting the differences in Mismagius's role and utility in the new metagame.

With that said, I'm sceptical about the viability of the set you've suggested. Curse has a high opportunity cost (50% of Mismagius's HP) and the opponent can counteract the Curse simply by switching out. Mismagius is going to run out of HP very quickly, and the opponent can bring in a weakened foe that is immune to Shadow Ball (such as Kangaskhan or Swellow) to counteract Pain Split if required. Overall, Will-O-Wisp provides a lot more utility than Curse by permanently crippling foes regardless of their switching behaviour.

Let me know if you're interested in doing the full analysis. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/mismagius-qc-0-3.3565359/ is the skeleton of the previous attempt, which was going to pass through QC but the guy dropped it. Make sure that you actually use the set and play a few games with it to see how it works. I would probably advise just spending a bit more time getting a feel for the metagame and seeing what works and what doesn't before attempting an analysis. Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah sorry, I'm all for giving second chances but this set that you posted shows that you have very minimal metagame knowledge of the tier and I'm not comfortable with you continuing this analysis. Feel free to use the resources in the NU forum to learn more about the tier. Gimmick sets should not be sets on analyses, and it seems that isnt very clear to you. Locking and moving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)