move 2: Pain Split
move 3: Hydro Pump
move 4: Thunderbolt
item: Life Orb
ability: Levitate
nature: Modest
evs: 236 SpA / 20 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Rotom-W's low base HP makes it an excellent user of SubSplit. Rotom-W's typing grants it multiple opportunities to set up Substitute during a match. The threat of Volt Switch, which is commonly found on the washing machine's other sets, can make obtaining the first substitute easy. By using Life Orb in combination with Pain Split and Substitute, this Rotom-W's power is stronger than any other popular set, excluding Choice Specs, while maintaining enough bulk to avoid being revenge killed. Under the right conditions, Rotom-W's usual counters will find themselves in tough positions.</p>

<p>Substitute and Pain Split form an effective combo that can put dents into opponents while safely restoring Rotom-W's health. The EVs and a Modest nature are designed to give Rotom-W the most power and Speed while giving its Substitute a good chance of surviving Gastrodon's rain-boosted Scald. Hydro Pump provides Rotom-W with a powerful STAB; in a similar vein, Thunderbolt is chosen to provide power while still remaining reliable.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p> This Rotom-W by far works best in the rain, which powers up its Hydro Pump as well as giving it access to 100% accurate Thunder. Not only is Thunder much more powerful than Thunderbolt, it also gives a 30% paralysis chance to threaten typical switch-ins, such as Latios and Latias. While Discharge could be used over Thunderbolt for the paralysis chance, the power of Thunderbolt is preferred. When on rain teams, Thunder is best as it provides the same paralysis chance. A Timid nature could be used to outspeed certain threats, but again a Modest nature is used as it offers the most power. Also, Substitute gives Rotom-W a layer of safety, making Speed not such an issue, so therefore Modest is the best option. An alternative EV spread of 68 HP / 216 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe offers the best chance to have an intact Substitute after Gastrodon's rain boosted Scald without compromising too much speed or power. However, when using the alternative EV spread, be aware that Rotom-W will not outspeed certain threats such as Swords Dance Toxicroak and Jolly Cloyster.</p>

<p>It should be noted that Toxic Spikes greatly improves the effectiveness of this Rotom-W set. With two layers of Toxic Spikes, Rotom-W has the potential to force out or stall out Gastrodon. Thus, Tentacruel and Roserade are excellent teamates for supplying Toxic Spikes; in addition, Tentacruel also works great on rain teams; Roserade can beat the spinners that would so desperately try to spin away the Toxic Spikes while simultaneously dissuading Gastrodon from switching into only one layer of Toxic Spikes. As with any other Pokemon, Spikes and Stealth Rock support is appreciated. In the rain, 220 HP Celebi finds itself 2HKOed by Hydro Pump after one layer of Spikes and Stealth Rock. Similarly, Blissey and Chansey find themselves 2HKOed by a rain-boosted Hydro Pump after two layers of Spikes and Stealth Rock. For this reason, Ferrothorn is a great teammate, doubly resisting Grass and providing much-needed Spikes and Stealth Rock support. Of course, Politoed is a great partner, providing the rain that makes this set substantially more powerful.</p>

<p>Celebi is a very big counter to this set, resisting both Rotom-W's STABs while being able to hit back with super effective attacks. Ferrothorn is in a similar boat, except it must be more wary of Pain Split. Do note that Ferrothorn lacking Power Whip will find themselves unable to break Rotom-W's Substitute easily. Chansey and Blissey can take 2 Hydro Pumps with no sweat, but dislike having Pain Split sapping away their health while refilling Rotom-W's. Lastly, Gastrodon counters this set completely, but must watch out for Toxic Spikes and Pain Split.</p>

please mention gastrodon as a counter. looks interesting, but i dont get what this accomplishes that a regular set does not

The reason Rotom-W had an effective SubSplit set last gen was because of its partial Ghost typing. I don't see the point of using this over the standard Choice set, which provides much more utility by outspeeding some dangerous threats or whatever. Rotom-W can no longer switch into powerful Fighting-type attacks such as Close Combat from the likes of Infernape for fear of being 2HKOed. SubSplit generally isn't good on any Pokemon unless it is a Ghost-type.

This set looks pretty interesting, but I would rather just use the standard or choice sets since rotom is most effective scouting with volt switch or dealing with fast threats. I agree with what the users above me said. Besides if I am going to use a subsplit set, Gengar > Rotom-w any day.

What I was trying to do with this set was to more effectivly use Pain Split on Rotom-W, instead of it being just HP recovery for the defensive Rotom, it is a more offensive move on here. I can understand wanting to have the utility of the Trick Scarf set. What I intended for this Rotom was it to focus on fishing for the chance of paralysis while trying to get around its usual counters by using Sub+Pain split to severly dent them. This Rotom would have the niche of having the most powerful hydro pump/Thunder bar specs.

I don't think it is mandatory to be a ghost to use SubSplit effectivly (ignoring that the distribution of Pain Split is among ghosts). Rotom ideal target to setup substitutes on are walls that can't do much to him or forced out. Examples include Vaporeon (actually almost all bulky waters), Gliscor, Heatran, and Skarmory. Rotom has the chance to set up free subs against choice locked eartquakes (aka Landorus). The free sub you get will allow you to either take out the offensive check, cripple it with (somewhat unreliaable ) paralysis, or sub spliting on defensive checks.

The main problem with this set is that it STILL doesn't beat Rotom-W's common counters. Ferrothorn walls this set to hell and back, and Blissey still beats this set 1 on 1 (barring luck). The lack of Volt Switch makes it even easier to switch in on. Gastrodon obviously walls this set as well.

yeah shakeitup put it really well. the biggest question about this set is pretty much "why?". why would i use this when i still can't beat blissey/celebi/gastrodon/ferro/etc etc? you need massive toxic/burn support in order to get this to work, and so even in that case you're better off using w-o-w or volt switch over sub. gonna have to reject this

QC Rejected 1/3

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think this set may warrant consideration if you can fit Charge Beam somewhere, but that would either make Hydro Pump your only offense or lose out on Substitute / Pain Split, which is the point of this strategy.

It can't beat its counters 1 vs 1, but when the time is right, Pain Split would take down their health, which would put them in the bind of recovering or giving me a free switchin to a counter (Ferrothorn prime suspect with Leech Seed blocked by Grass types). This Rotom was mainly used for paralysis support, which Defensive lacked since he needs to burn the other poke to take less damage and Scarf lacked since it wants coverage. The paralysis would help the sub-splitting too.

I would have made this a more defensive set, but then it becomes defensive Rotom with substitute slashed over Hydro Pump.

@Pocket
Charge Beam sounds interesting, but Charge Beam would just be such an underwhelming sweeper/attacker compared to what other options you could use on your team.

You scrubs did you all forget Scofield's World Cup team featuring this set in rain? This makes standard Rotom-W look like a wuss. Does it beat it's common counters? More often than not (being on both sides of this set) the Ferrothorn / Gastrodon / Blissey / Chansey goes down. How? Set up T-Spikes and watch it happen. For all but Gastrodon you're doing about 30-35% per turn with Hydro Pump, and in Gastrodon's case either 1 or 2 layers of Toxic Spikes lets you beat it. Run 32 HP EVs to give the sub a good chance of surviving a rain-boosted Scald. Considering those are it's top common counters it stands quite a good chance against them. The spread we had was 32 HP / 224 spA / 252 speed Timid. Thunder obviously in the last slot because this Rotom-W can actually OHKO Skarmory / Jellicent etc. with it, instead of spamming Volt Switch and not even killing because you can't stand to use Rotom-W properly. This set goes even better with Scizor because once it U-Turns to it and there's a Gliscor or a Skarmory in front you actually have a beastly pokemon out. Test it out with both Thunder and Charge Beam in the last slot and try to tell me with any honesty that this set "doesn't do anything special".

You scrubs did you all forget Scofield's World Cup team featuring this set in rain? This makes standard Rotom-W look like a wuss. Does it beat it's common counters? More often than not (being on both sides of this set) the Ferrothorn / Gastrodon / Blissey / Chansey goes down. How? Set up T-Spikes and watch it happen. For all but Gastrodon you're doing about 30-35% per turn with Hydro Pump, and in Gastrodon's case either 1 or 2 layers of Toxic Spikes lets you beat it. Run 32 HP EVs to give the sub a good chance of surviving a rain-boosted Scald. Considering those are it's top common counters it stands quite a good chance against them. The spread we had was 32 HP / 224 spA / 252 speed Timid. Thunder obviously in the last slot because this Rotom-W can actually OHKO Skarmory / Jellicent etc. with it, instead of spamming Volt Switch and not even killing because you can't stand to use Rotom-W properly. This set goes even better with Scizor because once it U-Turns to it and there's a Gliscor or a Skarmory in front you actually have a beastly pokemon out. Test it out with both Thunder and Charge Beam in the last slot and try to tell me with any honesty that this set "doesn't do anything special".
I took Yee's suggestion in stride and used Toxic Spikes support with this Rotom-W (Roserade was the user) and it worked marvelously to say the least. With hazard support its very potent, even Ferrothorn has to worry because without Power Whip, his Gyro Ball can't break a sub in one strike, he can't leech seed, and if he is <25% he can get ko'ed (the same EV's yee posted does this). However, Gyro Ball's damage comes from using a Modest nature, since the speed that you have with Modest just makes it slow enough for Gyro Ball to do 24% max. The following Calc's were used with a modest nature as well. What I also found was that getting the Sub up is very easy since so many people expect the Volt Switch.

He has a lot more power behind him than you would think. Thunderbolt does 59%-69% to Lum DDnite once Multiscale it broken. That's a potential 1HKO with Thunder with SR. Even if SR isn't up, you can still break Multiscale very reliably with Pain Split, since Pain Split doesn't follow Multiscales mechanics. In the rain Hydro Pump does 39%-46%...to Blissey. Coupled with Toxic Spikes and Pain Split, Rotom can beat Blissey. Gastrodon won't like getting Toxic Stalled to death either.

Toxic Spikes isn't a massive amount of support. I haven't tested out a Charge Beam set with the 4th slot, but judging how well Yee's advice of using Toxic Spikes support worked, I'm sure a Charge Beam set could work. Editing the original post.

For your Gyro Ball calc, you probably forgot to add in Rotom-W's secondary water typing for a 4x resist, I'd guess CB Gross is the only Steel attacker breaking the sub through the double resist.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yee, very nice convincing xd

Timid seems more appealing to my eyes, since being able to potentially pick off Lucario and Haxorus is just too good to pass up. Hydro Pump does 50-58% to Haxorus w/o Rain, for instance, so Rotom-W can put Haxorus into Scizor's Bullet Punch kill range :d. Lucario is one-shotted by Hydro Pump obviously.

What do the HP EVs accomplish? I'd rather just go Max / Max.

As for its Electric STAB, I would select Thunderbolt / Thunder, cuz this set is all about power. Discharge and Charge Beam is AC material imo.

EDIT: ah ok, yee, nvm then.

The HP EVs were there to give a better chance of a sub surviving rain-boosted Scald from Gastro, it's not guaranteed but if it's able to likely take that it also helps against Jelli and it's low spA.

I'd stick to Thunderbolt or Charge Beam in the fourth slot. As Pocket mentioned, it's all about power with this set, as is with most Substitute Pokemon. Keep the modest Nature, as this Rotom-W doesn't really need to be oustspeeding much, as the lack of HP Fire / Ice / Grass nulls the need for surprise KOs and the speed. 271 Speed outspeeds a fair bit anyways, including things like CB Dragonite and standard Jirachi. Charge Beam is an interesting option too, giving a buff to Rotom-w's Special attack, making it all the more a candid setup sweeper.

Thunder's obviously going to be used only on a Rain Team or if Rain Teams influx on the ladder, and with its shaky accuracy and Sun and Sand still ever so present on the ladder, isn't that great of an option. Discharge is okay, but the lower BP and only slight chance to Paralyse doesn't do Rotom-W that many favours, giving that it outspeeds a fair bit as it is.

Looks interesting. Might try one.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Let's keep you updated on what we think, ya? Other QC members and I believe that this set has potential because it has a different playstyle than the sets on-site (this has a higher chance of being approved than the other two Rotom-W threads). We are still on the fence, however, due to the actual use of the set relative to the aforementioned sets.

Therefore, just so we can make progress, can you consecutive logs of this working so QC members can reach an agreement on its practicality? More experience-related discussion would also be appreciated. Thanks if you do.

- Politoed makes a great teammate for Rotom-W, since his Rain will allow him to have a boosted Hydro Pump as well as access to an accurate Thunder, which has Discharge's rate of paralysis but with 50 more Base Power!
do believe ya meant 40 thar. Anywho, I definitely toss out a mention of Scizor as a teammate (kinda standard, yeah), because CM Latias set up all over you (even occasionally running Refresh for stupid parahacks) and doesn't give a shit about ur fancy TSpikes, which means a having a strong u-turn/pursuit doesn't hurt.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
The only things that should be slashed in the last slot are Thunderbolt and Thunder. Sub doesn't work well at all with Volt Switch, and Discharge isn't great on offensive electrics. Charge Beam seems pretty "meh" on this set, but I suppose it could be worth an AC mention.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree with Mario. Charge Beam is clear AC material, as well as Discharge, as this set is supposed to give some pain and not spread paralyze.
I am not sure about Thunder. It can either be slashed or get a strong mention in AC. I think the latter is better, since that's what happens with most electrics in OU.

I can only post one log at a time (PO having some weird issue with LogsBattleLogs), so I will add logs in this post:
Battle between Mr. Ro Tom and Pikachu Trainer started!

Tier: Standard OU
Mode: Singles
Variation: +24, -8
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

Your team: Politoed / Rotom-W / Tentacruel / Ferrothorn / Breloom / Tornadus
Opponent's team: Tyranitar / Breloom / Heatran / Scizor / Rotom-W / Mew

Mr. Ro Tom sent out Kermit!! (Politoed)
Pikachu Trainer sent out Rotom-W!
Kermit!'s Drizzle made it rain!

Start of turn 1
Kermit! used Protect!
Kermit! protected itself!

Pikachu Trainer's Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
Kermit! protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 2
Mr. Ro Tom called Kermit! back!
Mr. Ro Tom sent out Mrs. Wall! (Ferrothorn)

It's not very effective...
Mrs. Wall lost 43 HP! (12% of its health)
Pikachu Trainer called Rotom-W back!
Pikachu Trainer sent out Tyranitar!

Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

The sandstorm rages!
Mrs. Wall restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 3
Mr. Ro Tom called Mrs. Wall back!

Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar used Fire Blast!
The attack of Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 4
Kermit! used Surf!
It's super effective!
Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar lost 53% of its health!

Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Mr. Ro Tom's team!

Rain continues to fall!
Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5
Mr. Ro Tom sent out Tentacruel!
Pointed stones dug into Tentacruel!

Pikachu Trainer called Tyranitar back!

Rain continues to fall!
Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!
Tentacruel restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!

Start of turn 6
Tentacruel used Protect!
Tentacruel protected itself!

Tentacruel protected itself!

Rain continues to fall!
Tentacruel's Rain Dish heals it!

Start of turn 7
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Tentacruel lost 356 HP! (97% of its health)

Tentacruel used Rapid Spin!
Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar lost 1% of its health!
Tentacruel blew away Stealth Rock!

The sandstorm rages!
Tentacruel is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Tentacruel fainted!
Mr. Ro Tom sent out Breloom!

Start of turn 8

Breloom used Spore!
Pikachu Trainer's Rotom-W fell asleep!

The sandstorm rages!
Pikachu Trainer's Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Breloom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!
Breloom was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 9
Pikachu Trainer sent out Mew!

Breloom used Bulk Up!
Breloom's Attack rose!
Breloom's Defense rose!

The sandstorm rages!
Pikachu Trainer's Mew is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Pikachu Trainer's Mew restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 10
Pikachu Trainer's Mew used Taunt!
Breloom fell for the taunt!

Breloom used Seed Bomb!
Pikachu Trainer's Mew lost 33% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 11
Pikachu Trainer's Mew used Psychic!
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 204 HP! (63% of its health)

Breloom used Seed Bomb!
Pikachu Trainer's Mew lost 33% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 12
Mr. Ro Tom called Breloom back!

Pikachu Trainer's Mew used Softboiled!
Pikachu Trainer's Mew regained health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 13
Pikachu Trainer called Mew back!
Pikachu Trainer sent out Breloom!

Mr. Ro Tom sent out Tornadus!

Rain continues to fall!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom was badly poisoned!

Start of turn 14
Pikachu Trainer called Breloom back!

Tornadus used Hurricane!
Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar lost 18% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
Tornadus is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 15
Mr. Ro Tom called Tornadus back!

Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around Mr. Ro Tom's team!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 16
Mr. Ro Tom sent out Rotom-W!
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-W!

Rain continues to fall!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom restored HP using its Poison Heal!

Start of turn 17

Rotom-W used Substitute!
Rotom-W made a substitute!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 18
Pikachu Trainer's Rotom-W is fast asleep!

Rotom-W used Thunder!
Pikachu Trainer's Rotom-W lost 93% of its health!
Pikachu Trainer's Rotom-W fainted!
Rotom-W is hurt by its Life Orb!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 19
Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
It's super effective!
Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar lost 51% of its health!
Pikachu Trainer's Tyranitar fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 20
Rotom-W used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Pikachu Trainer's Breloom used Bulk Up!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom's Attack rose!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom's Defense rose!

The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 21
Mr. Ro Tom called Rotom-W back!
Pointed stones dug into Kermit!!

Pikachu Trainer's Breloom used Seed Bomb!
It's super effective!
Kermit! lost 312 HP! (81% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!
Kermit! restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 22
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom used Spore!
Kermit! fell asleep!

Kermit! is fast asleep!

Rain continues to fall!
Kermit! restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 23
Pointed stones dug into Tornadus!

Pikachu Trainer's Breloom used Bulk Up!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom's Attack rose!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom's Defense rose!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 24
Pikachu Trainer sent out Scizor!

Tornadus used Hurricane!
Pikachu Trainer's Scizor lost 100% of its health!
Pikachu Trainer's Scizor fainted!

Rain continues to fall!
Pikachu Trainer sent out Heatran!

Pikachu Trainer's Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 25

Pikachu Trainer's Heatran used Hidden Power!
Rotom-W lost 42 HP! (17% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 26
Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
The attack of Rotom-W missed!

Pikachu Trainer's Heatran used Flamethrower!
Rotom-W lost 46 HP! (18% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 27
Pikachu Trainer called Heatran back!

Rotom-W used Pain Split!
The battlers shared their pain!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 28
Mr. Ro Tom called Rotom-W back!
Pointed stones dug into Kermit!!

Pikachu Trainer's Breloom used Drain Punch!
Kermit! lost 24 HP! (6% of its health)
Kermit! fainted!
Kermit! had its energy drained!

Rain continues to fall!
Pointed stones dug into Tornadus!

Start of turn 29
Pikachu Trainer sent out Heatran!

Pikachu Trainer's Heatran is floating on a balloon!
Tornadus used Focus Blast!
It's super effective!
Pikachu Trainer's Heatran lost 100% of its health!
Pikachu Trainer's Heatran fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 30
Mr. Ro Tom sent out Mrs. Wall! (Ferrothorn)
Pointed stones dug into Mrs. Wall!

Mrs. Wall lost 39 HP! (11% of its health)

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 31
Mrs. Wall fell for the taunt!

Mrs. Wall can't use Leech Seed after the taunt!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 32
Mr. Ro Tom called Mrs. Wall back!
Mr. Ro Tom sent out Breloom!
Pointed stones dug into Breloom!

Pikachu Trainer's Mew used Will-O-Wisp!
The attack of Pikachu Trainer's Mew missed!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 33
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 156 HP! (48% of its health)
Breloom fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 34
Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
Pikachu Trainer's Mew lost 88% of its health!

Rotom-W fell for the taunt!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 35
Pikachu Trainer called Mew back!

Rotom-W used Thunder!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom lost 45% of its health!

Rain continues to fall!

Start of turn 36
Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom lost 57% of its health!
Pikachu Trainer's Breloom fainted!

Rain continues to fall!

Pikachu Trainer forfeited against Mr. Ro Tom!

The window was disabled due to one of the players closing the battle window.

From my experience, it is your first Sub is pretty much a free sub. Most players expect a Volt Switch from Rotom-W, so they try to beat the switch initiative by switching to something else. One other thing I have noticed is that when used in the Rain, Thunder makes it much easier to deal with Lati@s. They are primary switchin's for many team, but they have to risk being afflicted with paralysis (30% chance). Also in the Rain Hydro Pump becomes a deadly instakill button (57% against BU Breloom in the log!).

I think Tentacruel is this set's best partner. It provides both Toxic Spikes, burn support with Scald, and functions great in the rain. I agree that Discharge and Thunder should go to AC. However I'm a bit on the fence with Charge Beam. Hydro Pump can be boosted by the rain the same amount and Rain does give you access to Thunder.

Lastly, should a few EV's be moved out of Speed into Special Attack? Assuming that we use a Modest Nature (most power) than the only danger of not running max speed is SD Toxicroak. Even if we ran Max Speed with a Modest Nature, Jolly Max Speed Gyarados and Dragonite would still beat us anyway. Thus, I'm going to suggest an EV spread of 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd. With 216 Speed EV's we outpace Adamant max speed Gyarados by 1 point and have the opportunity to maximize our special attack. The EV's that were left over were put into HP giving us 2 extra HP.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
QC APPROVED (1/3)

It's strictly "worse" than the other 2 sets onsite, but it does have a niche. Similar in strength in comparison to the Specs set, but with way more flexibility and the ability to heal. Substitute has another use outside of Sub split, since it lets you scout ahead (since Rotom-W can force switches easily) and prevent yourself from being revenged killed as easily. The last slot should just be Thunder. There's no need for that many slashes and there's no point in using this set outside of rain. Also, this analysis should be more accurate, it can't always beat Blissey / Gastrodon 1 on 1, but it can under the right conditions (Toxic Spikes and previous damage)

EDIT: Yeah, go ahead and use 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
This set is intresting. It isn't as bad as some of you say. Rotom-W SubSplit may be more useful dependin on what your team actually needs. I like the SDef Rotom-W tbh, as it tanks hits, and can spread T-Wave everywhere. Same thing with this SubSplit, it has good potential, but not being able to absorb fighting hits is defenetly a major loss for this set. However, the object on Rotom-W here would be to Sub up on predicted switches and such, which given a subsitute may actually allow it to tank its it normally wouldn't, say a CC from Terrakion and revenge kill it. It has its uses.

I think you should deslash Thunder and Discharge (Thunder is weather reliant, and Discharge doesn't help because you want Toxic Spikes down)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)