SubwayJ and waterwarrior battle with what may or may not be an unfair matchup!

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So, lets get this battle started. First, the rules:
Rules said:
1v1 Singles
Items=On
2 day DQ
2 subs
no chills/recovers
ASB Arena
SubwayJ's mon:

Nature: Rash (+SpAtk, -SpDef)

Type: Water

Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:

Shell Armor: (Innate) This Pokemon’s thick, bony outer shell prevents it from taking critical hits.
Rattled: (DW-UNLOCKED) (Innate) These Pokemon are more easily frightened by Ghost-, Bug-, and Dark-typed attacks and will raise their Speed by one (1) stage when struck by attacks of those types. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Stats: (Rash Nature)

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4(+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 32
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 6/6

MC: 0

DC: 5/5

Moves:

Clamp
Water Gun
Whirlpool
Iron Defense
Shell Smash

Aqua Ring
Brine
Confuse Ray
Muddy Water
Refresh
Mud Sport
Body Slam
Barrier

Ice Beam
Rest
Scald
Dive
Surf
Hidden Power Grass (7)
Blizzard
Attract
Endure
Swagger
Water Pulse
Hail
Sleep Talk
Round
Double Team
Toxic
Substitute
Protect
Return
Frustration
Waterfall
Facade
Rain Dance
Captivate
Natural Gift

Mimic
Icy Wind
Snore
Double-Edge

Total Moves: 43

waterwarrior's mon:

Electabuzz (von Karma) Male
Nature: Rash (+SpA, -SpD)
Type: Electric
Electric STAB; 50% reduction in paralysis chance from other electrical attacks, perfect accuracy and 30% chance of Protect breaking Thunder during Rain. Superior senses in power plant environments.

Abilities:
Static: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is surrounded by an electric field that has a 30% chance of paralyzing opponents that use contact moves on this Pokemon.
Vital Spirit (DW ability- UNLOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has a high vitality and alertness making it immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. Its normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage and energy/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action. If a Pokemon with Vital Spirit also has Insomnia, its evasion is raised by one (1) stage permanently.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 105
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 5/9
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks: (20 total)
Physical:
Cross Chop
Earthquake
Fire Punch
Ice Punch
Low Kick
Quick Attack
Return
Thunderpunch
Wild Charge

Special:
Discharge
Electro Ball
Psychic
Shock Wave
Swift
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Thundershock

Leer
Light Screen
Protect

waterwarrior said:
Personally, I think counter-teaming is ok if the opponent's mon has double the moves yours does and has rank 8 SpA.
Seems Legit.

Anyways, SubwayJ, equip your item.
Then waterwarrior item and orders.
Then Subway orders
And you guys know how it goes from here.

GASP! HOW'D YOU KNOW!!!
And I agree, I'm pretty sure counterteaming is okay.

Take a DeepSeaTooth Bejeweled! Everyone will now hate you!

It's times like these where you sit down and say... I need an Electirizer for this guy. Too bad all my CC is going to Ice Spire prep. So take an Expert Belt instead!

Light Screen -> Thunder -> Thunderbolt
If Bejewled has Double Team clones when you would attack, Discharge and push back
If Toxic, Protect and push back, but not consecutively

So little, yet so much to sub for, and with my movepool having fuck-all to get around it...

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

HP: 90
Energy: 100
Other: None

HP: 100
Energy: 100

And so here we are in the ASB arena once more for a showdown between two very different Pokemon. On one side is a Clamperl. But not just any Clamperl, a ridiculously well trained Clamperl. And on the other side is a comparitively newbie Electabuzz. Will the type advantage be enough to overcome the overwhelming power of Clamperl? Lets find out.

Electabuzz starts off the battle defensively by putting up a light screen. But as it sets up to protect itself, Clamperl is setting up to destroy its opponent, by Smashing its Shell and making itself ridiculously powerful. But even with its new speed, the lightning fast electric type still goes first and calls down a massive bolt of Thunder from the sky... which hits the ground a few feet away from Clamperl. Having avoided this powerful strike, Clamperl dives underwater, only to surface in Electabuzz's face for some nice damage. But its not enough to deter its opponent, who connects with its electricity this time for massive damage. The little shelfish, in pain from the shock decides to end the round by shooting up some mud to weaken future assaults.

It looks like Electabuzz has the early lead in damage and energy, but with Clamperl now completely set up, will Electabuzz be able to hang on?

Action 1:
Electabuzz - Light Screen (8 Energy)
Clamperl - Shell Smash (20 Energy)

Action 2:
Electabuzz - Thunder - Miss! (7 Energy)
Clamperl dives under water
Clamperl - Dive - 8+3+(3-2)*1.5+(2-0)*1.75 = 16 Damage (10 Energy)

Action 3: Clamperl - Mud Sport (5 Energy)Electabuzz - Thunderbolt - (10+2+3+(4-1)*1.5)*1.5+(0+1)*1.75 = 31 -> 15.5 Damage (6 Energy)

HP: 74
Energy: 65
Other: +2 Atk, +2 SpA, +2 Spe, -1 Def, -1 SpD, Mud Sport (5 Actions)

HP: 76
Energy: 79
Other: Light Screen (3 Actions)

SubwayJ is up!

jas61292

used substitute
Woah, wait a sec, where is that 3.5 coming from?
32 is the base speed, and shell smash gives a +2, or x2.
So where are the other 3 stages that I am missing?

DAT said:
Shell Smash: The Pokemon breaks its shell in half, greatly increasing its mobility and offensive ability at the cost of its defenses. This enables it to move more freely, raising its Attack, Special Attack, and Speed by two (2) stages each.
Other part of DAT detailing Speed stat boosts said:
+2 +3.50 350
+1 +1.75 175
+0 +0.00 100
So unfortunately for me, Subway is right, and his Speed is multiplied by 3.5x, allowing him to outspeed Electabuzz.

jas61292

used substitute
Oh wow. That....seems kinda stupidly high of a boost to me, but the rule is the rule. Fixing

EDIT: Done.

Dive-Scald-Surf

If quick attack is used A1, use Surf and push actions back
If protective/evasive action is used, use Barrier that action and push actions back

Fucking Mud Sport, ruining an actually pretty good chance of winning... And me not having Roar either so I can't just get rid of it... Grumble grumble bitch moan moan...

Psychic + Psychic -> cooldown (Psychic) -> Earthquake
If burned, change A3 to Thunder

jas61292

used substitute

HP: 74
Energy: 65
Other: +2 Atk, +2 SpA, +2 Spe, -1 Def, -1 SpD, Mud Sport (5 Actions)

HP: 76
Energy: 79
Other: Light Screen (3 Actions)

All set up and ready to go, Clamperl Dives underwater again. But this time, Electabuzz is ready for it, and while a solid hit is landed, as soon as Clamperl finishes its move, it finds itself being thrown around the arena by the psychokinetic power of Electabuzz, doing some hefty damage to the shelfish. But, Electabuzz tired itself out with that move, and is unable to do anything by watch as Clamper shoots out a jet of hot water at it with such immense force that it outdamages its last move, despite the Light Screen dampening its power. And not giving the electric type any room to breath, that attack is followed by an even strong one, as Clamperl swamps the arena with a might Surf. But Electabuzz will not throw in the towel quite yet, and does some arena destroying of its own as the ground cracks open below it with a mighty Earthquake. But, while it did a number on the field, Clamperl is still raring to go. And with the Light Screen disapating before it, Electabuzz finds itself backed into a corner out of which there may be no escape.

Action 1:
Clamperl - Dive - 8+3+(3-2)*1.5+(2-0)*1.75 = 16 Damage (10 Energy)
Electabuzz - Psychic + Psychic - 22.5+(4-1)*1.5+(0+1)*1.75 = 28.75 Damage (31.5 Energy)

Action 2:
Clamperl - Scald - 4+3+(5-2)*1.5+3+(2-0)*1.75 = 18 Damage (5 Energy)
Electabuzz - Cooldown

Action 3:
Clamperl - Surf - 5+3+(5-2)*1.5+3+(2-0)*1.75 = 19 Damage (6 Energy)
Electabuzz - Earthquake - 10+(3-3)*1.5+(0+1)*1.75 = 11.75 Damage (7 Energy)

HP: 33
Energy: 44
Other: +2 Atk, +2 SpA, +2 Spe, -1 Def, -1 SpD, Mud Sport (2 Actions)

HP: 23
Energy: 40

waterwarrior, your turn

Aaaand shit.

Be dead x3
If not dead, Thunderbolt + Thunderbolt combo
If not dead AND Bejewled uses Dive (stay under), Quick Attack and push back
If not dead AND Bejewled uses a P/E move, Light Screen and push back

jas61292

used substitute

Energy: 44
Other: +2 Atk, +2 SpA, +2 Spe, -1 Def, -1 SpD, Mud Sport (2 Actions)

HP: 23
Energy: 40

And then came a Brine. And a KO.

Action 1:
Clamperl - Brine - 13+3+3+(5-2)*1.5+(2-0)*1.75 = 27 Damage (8 Energy) KO

Energy: 36
Other: +2 Atk, +2 SpA, +2 Spe, -1 Def, -1 SpD, Mud Sport (1 Actions)

HP: KO
Energy: --

Prizes:

waterwarrior: 1 CC
Electabuzz: 1 EC, 2 MC

SubwayJ: 1 CC
Clamperl: 3 MC, 1 KOC

jas61292: 2 UC

GG Subway, and yay for that damn Clamperl being nearly broken! :D

EDIT: I never said it was broken. I said it was nearly broken. There's a distinction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)