1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Sufficient Conditions for a hacked pokemon

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by talesinc, Jun 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. talesinc

talesinc

Sufficient Conditions for a hacked pokemon

The more of these conditions together, the more probable it is hacked.
    Anyways, even one of this conditions alone gives a 99% chance that it is hacked.

Shiny
    If a pokemon is shiny, it wouldn’t have 31 IV stats and no one uses imperfect pokes in battle.
    If you wanted 31 IV stats, that alone is highly tedious. Why bother making a poke shiny if your main concern is to win battles? To do that is irrational.

Not in Pokeball
    All pokes MUST BE HATCHED. A perfect pokemon is made by hatching and trying to catch a perfect pokemon in the field is irrational. Hence, anything in not in a pokeball is hacked.
    Exception is legendaries which cannot be bred. Legendaries MUST be in a masterball, else it is HACKED.
    Nobody gets a perfect legendary without soft resets and only masterballs are a rational option.

# (IV=31) >= 4
    101% chance it’s hacked. PERIOD.
    With breeding, the baby takes 2 stat from the male and 1 stat from the female.
    That means it is only feasible to have 3x 31 IVs.
    The 4th 31IV will * 1/31 to probability which is IMPOSSIBLY UNFEASIBLE.

Hidden Power (Specific and 70 Base Power.)
    This alone is okay. But coupled with 31 IVs, obviously it not feasible to do it.

The idea is based on the rational actions of humans, opportunity costs, feasibility.

For example:
    Yes, it is possible to breed a shiny pokemon with 3x 31IVs.
    But then the NP time taken to do that is exponentially large.
    The same amount of time taken can be used to breed a team of 6x normally perfect pokes (2x 31IVs).
    And this has a much larger payout than a useless shiny pokemon.
    Hence, the opportunity cost of the shiny pokemon is more than it’s payout.
    Since humans are rational, they will make the rational choice and will NEVER bring a shiny pokemon to battle.
    You may say it’s luck. But this luck can only occur in say 0.00001 chance. And only big numbers will allow it to happen. And it will NEVER happen if humans don’t try to breed such things.
    Conclusion: A shiny pokemon with 3x 31IVs occurs if and only if it is hacked. (QED)

Anyways, this is an application of mathematics and economics concepts.
    I finally can put into a rigorous proof what I have known all along.

“Hackers (of legit pokemon)” out there. Touch your heart and think for yourself whether this is true.

But then again, knowledge is power.
    With this information, people will make their hack more subtle.

What I really hate is people who hack their pokes but just wouldn’t admit it.
    What is the point? Just be honest and fight a fair fight.
  2. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

"God does not use RNG with the universe."

- Albert Einstein
  3. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

"Hey look ma I found the keyboard! Am I still dead?"

-Abraham Lincoln
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)