Sceptile (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leaf Blade
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

My all purpose annoyer and seeder. You know the drill, Sub --> Seed --> Attack --> Re-Sub/Seed when necessary. I chose HP Fire so things like Scizor and other Forretress don't give me trouble, also a nice surprise for Magneton and Skarmory.

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest
- Thunderbolt

When I've eliminated their Physical attackers and possibly their Seeders this beast comes out for a CM sweep.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- HP Bug
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Spiker & Rapid spinner. I like counter cause some physical attackers like to hit him anyways so they can eat shit. Explosion for a nice and fun finish.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Def
- Earthquake
- Counter
- Rest
- Roar

My secondary physical wall and phazer. It'd be so much butter if it had some physical resistances aside from Rock and like...Poison

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 84 HP / 144 Def / 28 Spd / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Arm Thrust
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Whirlwind

Ya know this guy is a lot more fun than you'd think. Originally i did have Cross Chop but its missed so many times I've used it, it's not even funny. I chose Arm Thrust over Brick break cause people like to sub up against him which is not very cool.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Def / 44 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave

Standard clerical blissey also my special sponge.Thunder Wave is fun for para haxing.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Only thing I can see here is that Salamence might be a slight pain. Donphan should have few problems with it, as far as sponging off damage, but I'm not sure how well the lack in Atk will go over if you just need to put Mence away. I personally try not to run from Donphans, but that's just me. Alternatively, you can trade Counter on Forretress for HP Bug so you have a little bist less of an issue vs Celebi. Donphan could run Counter effectively in that Scenario, perhaps over HP Rock, if you feel comfortable with that.

Other than that, you have issues taking hits from Heracross. Only suggestion for helping that, off the top of my head, is maybe trading Sceptile for some variant of Gengar, perhaps with Fire Punch and/or Explosion. Two Explosions could definitely blow a much needed hole for Raikou to sweep almost without fail.

Well, I'm still testing out Counter on Donphan and HP Bug forry but Gengar didn't help cause then i had major Swampert issues.

so what exactly puts pressure on an opponent here?

Sceptile/raikou are easily walled by any common special tank/CM elebi, and spikes are a total non-issue because they are easily spun away

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
One thing that I could tell you is that Hariyama is wasted in this team. Curse, Cross Chop, Rock Slide, and Substitute / Hidden Power [Ghost], can actually break a spine or two (even 3hkos Skarmory). Plus, it's a great complementary offense to Raikou's offense, with its Cross Chop owning Snorlax and Regice that usually walls Raikou.

Here's a sample:
Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers ** Donagh
Trait: Guts
EVs: 12 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Def / 32 Spd / 76 SDef
- Bulk Up
- Cross Chop
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Rock Slide

This one is focused in its Defense, because I liked to take advantage of its useful Bug and Rock resistance. However, you may distribute those EVs into Sp Def if you like (and changing the nature to Careful). Speed is there to outspeed Swampert. Thick Fat is better if you're going to use Substitute.

Having a Trace Gardevoir / Porygon2 or a Jolly Dugtrio would also be useful to trap Dugtrio that is out to kill your Raikou. Gardevoir / Porygon2 not only provides Dugtrio protection, but can provide status support and packs a punch against Celebi w/ CMed Fire Punch or Ice Beam. Dugtrio also threatens Celebi's health. Trace Gardevoir and Dugtrio also ends the life of Magneton, who is out to get your Forretress. As of now, you may want Porygon2 (watch out for BB) over Sceptile for Gyarados / Elemence protection. Or if Porygon2 doesn't seem a good fit, perhaps Zapdos and Dugtrio over Sceptile and Donphan. Zapdos can Roar if you miss phazing, and it counters Elemence and Gyarados well.

You may also want to consider making Blissey a Wish Passer instead of a Therapist, and give Raikou sub instead. Status can be absorbed by Zapdos via Rest Talk. The only problem I see so far is Jirachi and Alakazam, but the former can be revenge killed by Dugtrio easily and a combination of Blissey and Forretress should stop any form of Alakazam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)