Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
2: If you are on showdown, and you have more then 2 pm boxes open, there should be a notification for someone who is pming you but that you can't see because they are the 3rd or 4th person pming you, sometimes they have something important to say, but you dont realize they said it until half an hour later when it isn't important anymore.
Or it would be cool for the most recent pm to jump to the top of the list

Or it would be cool for the most recent pm to jump to the top of the list
Actually, no it wouldn't Especially for people who are PM'd frequently (ie global staff) this would make it extremely hard to find and answer pm's efficiently and makes PM spammers more annoying.

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Actually, no it wouldn't Especially for people who are PM'd frequently (ie global staff) this would make it extremely hard to find and answer pm's efficiently and makes PM spammers more annoying.
It could always be a toggleable option, so those who don't want to use it don't have to. It's not like it's debilitating for a global staff member to toggle this function, unlike highlights.

while that might be useful and I get why you want this there is a problem with this, you could keep clearing your ladder very easily and you would keep going back up very easily and win very easily etc. which wouldn't be fun for new players because you don't want good players showing up every time while you don't even know what you're doing right?
I see what you mean, but lets say have 1040 in the PU ladder. I decide never to do PU again, but the transcript is still there.
There need to be a restriction of when people can reset their ladders. For example, if I have a score over 1250 in a certain ladder, I cant reset that ladder.

How is this any different than making an alt to ladder? If you're unsatisfied with your rating or W/L ratio, then you would make an alt, ladder up, and "win very easily."
I'm not concerned about my apparent W/L Ratio, I just want to clear ladders that I dont want to see anymore.
In fact, people shouldn't be able to clear their W/L ratio. Let's say if I clear my OU ladder, ill be able to clear it, but once I start OU again I keep the same W/L.
It's not about having an impressive score, I feel the need for order. Even if this isnt significant, it'll be nice to see.

Last edited:

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I would like to have a feature where we can drag our rooms to change the order. My room order is pretty standard and I always join 6 rooms so 1 redirect ruins me. (Lobby, Challenges, Help, Dutch, Art, Private)
So I'd like to suggest a feature where we're able to adjust the order manually.

I agree, I am used to the order in which I have the rooms so when I want to go to the lobby for example I know what button I should click and go there automatically, if that's different I get confused though

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I would like to have a feature where we can drag our rooms to change the order. My room order is pretty standard and I always join 6 rooms so 1 redirect ruins me. (Lobby, Challenges, Help, Dutch, Art, Private)
So I'd like to suggest a feature where we're able to adjust the order manually.
Tell staff to stop abusing redirect and the problem should stop.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Tell staff to stop abusing redirect and the problem should stop.
A-are you allowing me to minimod? :]
I mean, it's not only the redirecting, but I legitimately think that the room orders should be changed.
I'd also like to see if we could relocate the room in which we're in.

If you're in too many rooms, you won't see it light up in orange (for standard PS! skin) to know if you're needed.
Maybe we could move it to the right, next to the 'scrolling bar'. With a list downwards. But I don't know, just a suggestion.

atn_2001

Minor Suggestion: Add a button beside all the chat boxes to send chat messages. This should help people when thier enter key makes a new line. I get really annoyed not being able to chat.

Minor Suggestion: Add a button beside all the chat boxes to send chat messages. This should help people when thier enter key makes a new line. I get really annoyed not being able to chat.
Just press enter to send your messages, it doesn't try to make a new line unless you do Shift + Enter...

Can be added to the command /tiers a link to old gens help?

I mean, if someone tell me "what is Gen4 OU?", i can't just tell him to type /tiers gen4ou (or /tiers dppou) to get an help, same with Gen5 help.

They are both fully implemented in PS! (I guess)

That'd be great.

My first suggestion is for someone to update Featured Replays every once in a while, no doubt there have been worthy matches since the last time they were updated (some months ago).

The other is to decrease the battle timer to ~90 seconds or so to prevent annoying matches where the opponent intentionally waits until the last second to pick a move every time. This is very tiring in 50+ turn fights.

My first suggestion is for someone to update Featured Replays every once in a while, no doubt there have been worthy matches since the last time they were updated (some months ago).

The other is to decrease the battle timer to ~90 seconds or so to prevent annoying matches where the opponent intentionally waits until the last second to pick a move every time. This is very tiring in 50+ turn fights.
If the opponent intentionally does that, you report them to a moderator, and they get banned for timer-stalling.

Regarding featured replays, yea they should probably be updated.

every now and then I think about what move I'm going to use or what pokémon and 90 seconds just isn't enough for me whenever that happens, and there's also people who calc things so 90 seconds doesn't work out for some people who aren't actually timer stallers.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I may or may not be working on Featured Replays soon along with some other PS staff. Hopefully we have some progress!

IIRC, the timer is reduced for people who stall

IIRC, the timer is reduced for people who stall
I believe once the timer begins to count down and the opponent makes a move, the timer will being to count down during the next turn starting from the time he had left in the previous turn.

For example: Turn 1: 300 seconds left! John (The staller), clicked a move around 60 seconds left. Turn 2: 60 seconds left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)