Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Add Hackmons back, It's not even that unbalanced if you know what you're doing.
The ladder was removed because of a general decision (one that has, indeed, been somewhat controversial) by the Other Metagames staff that the metagame was of a lower quality than other OMs with permanent ladders. Though some people disagreed, The Immortal in particular has made it clear that the decision will not be officially reversed.

However, Classic Hackmons still exists as a challenge option. In addition, it will be eligible for Other Metagame of the Month next month, at which point it will get a ladder for the duration of January if it receives a majority of the votes.

I would like their to be a View Shift option that when battling allows you to see your pokemon from the front and see your opponents pokemon from the back this is something i have always dreamed of seeing in pokemon since some pokemon look a lot better from the front

I'd like to request that some sort of on-screen graphic be implimented for when Tailwind is in effect. Most other lingering moves like screens, entry hazards, etc, have some sort of display to let you know they're in effect, but not Tailwind. Though I feel derpy for admitting so, I often forget it's in play, for either side.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I think it would be nice to have more battle music rather than just the trainer battle themes.
This has been suggested many times in the past. It costs a lot to have the current music up, so more music (until ofc gen 7 is out) is certainly not an option.

This has been suggested many times in the past. It costs a lot to have the current music up, so more music (until ofc gen 7 is out) is certainly not an option.
It doesn't cost anything it's just music tracks and until I see you of rank then I see no reason not to add something as simple as musical tracks

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
It only shows illegal because the teambuilder client is not updated yet. I tried it out and challenged a friend of mine and it did not give me an error. Just give it the move, regardless of it saying Illegal. They should update the teambuilder client soon.

Pent

dumb broad
Pokemon Showdown is a great program to test out teams and have a good time.
But I always wanted something more...
Like virtual money.
Rather like the "Frost Bucks", I feel this would give players more of a reason to join a tour. I understand that Frost is a completely different server with leagues and more Tournaments than main, but I think this would be a nice addition to the site.

Here are the shop options I would recommend.

• 5 Bucks - Custom Symbol that is not offensive to other players, if this is not followed, it will be removed/you will be warned.
• 50 Bucks - Custom Avatar to show that you earned something
• 20 Bucks - Changes Name Color to a selected choice.

I know that on Frost, there are a lot more options, but since no more Room Suggestions are being taken, no Rooms will be able to be bought with let's say 500 Bucks. There is also a chance to buy Voice, but since this can be abused by trolls, I don't think this is a good idea. This is simply a reward system for players who want a bit more than just winning.

Just a slight note, but these can only be won by tours, whether big or small.

Lock this post if you feel it is rather rude, or overboard. I just felt this would be a nice addition to Pokemon Showdown and it's players.

Thanks for reading! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
As you point out,Frost is a very different server who are much more...loose with things. However this is not a system that will ever be replicated on main, all those things you suggested require Zarel to personally go in and change, which delays more content and bug fixes as well as features that many people across the server can enjoy in addition to cutting out what time he doesn't spend already working on the sim.

Last but not least, custom avatars and name color changes are meant (on the main server) for people who have contributed quality contributions to the simulator, not because you are a good battler or got several lucky wins in tours.

I think Showdown needs to step up its visual game,I made a thread for this before but it didn't get very much attention,Im sure nothing but positive things will come out of this,here's my suggestion: I think each move needs it's own individual animation,this visual boost will attract more users and will give PS an edge over rival simulators, I will also be more than willing to help and after all the goal of PS is to replicate the battle system as accurate as possible right? Why not replicate the visual system as much as possible too?

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It would be nice if you could add multiple parameters the join command. Like I could type '/join ou, smogonhangout' and join both of those rooms at the same time instead of having to type out the commands individually/separately.

better yet, it would be nice if there was an autojoin command like IRC.
An autojoin command is currently being worked on actually. iirc it's still in progress (as to not lag everyone), but it is coming.

I think Showdown needs to step up its visual game,I made a thread for this before but it didn't get very much attention,Im sure nothing but positive things will come out of this,here's my suggestion: I think each move needs it's own individual animation,this visual boost will attract more users and will give PS an edge over rival simulators, I will also be more than willing to help and after all the goal of PS is to replicate the battle system as accurate as possible right? Why not replicate the visual system as much as possible too?
Our lovely driver Ascriptmaster is hard at work slaving to diversify moves as we speak. However, if you ever wanted to contribute, it'd be all the better. PS is open source after all.

There are no plans to give every single move its own animation since many moves like Vine Whip will rarely be seen. Many moves are planned for new animations, particularly the more common moves like Leaf Storm.

There are also no plans to make moves super close to their in-game visuals. In-game moves don't always have physical move animations with the Pokemon themselves moving (compare the in-game Fire Punch to ours). Our graphics system gives us the freedom to show things like physical movement where the game might not show, and at the same time has limitations that make some animations impractical, most moves are relatively faithful to the games while adding our own spin to accommodate the strengths and weaknesses that our graphics system has.

You are free to drop suggestions on my profile on what moves you would like to see have more unique animations so long as you don't flood me, but keep in mind that I will be the one deciding how the move will look when it is finished. If a move already has a unique animation, however, I probably won't change it.

There are no plans to give every single move its own animation since many moves like Vine Whip will rarely be seen. Many moves are planned for new animations, particularly the more common moves like Leaf Storm.

There are also no plans to make moves super close to their in-game visuals. In-game moves don't always have physical move animations with the Pokemon themselves moving (compare the in-game Fire Punch to ours). Our graphics system gives us the freedom to show things like physical movement where the game might not show, and at the same time has limitations that make some animations impractical, most moves are relatively faithful to the games while adding our own spin to accommodate the strengths and weaknesses that our graphics system has.

You are free to drop suggestions on my profile on what moves you would like to see have more unique animations so long as you don't flood me, but keep in mind that I will be the one deciding how the move will look when it is finished. If a move already has a unique animation, however, I probably won't change it.
Thank you you are so kind! any plans to actually use leaves for moves like Leaf Storm Razor Leaf and Leaf Tornado?

and if there is anything i can do to help let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two suggestions
- Make a command that lets you chose a random / many random pokemon from a tier. EG: /random UU or /random NU, 3 etc, etc.
- Make a full-screen option when battling, so your battle box can become the size of the monitor or something of that nature

:)

Hello, i have one suggestion :

You can add the smoke ball item ?
I know his impact in pokémon strategies is very limited but you have add all type of pokéball or fossil, who haven't impact in pokemon strategie.
Then, why not the smoke ball ?

I have find an error too.
When you read the " !learn raichu fly " , you indicate raichu learn this attack only in 5G but raichu can learn this attack before with the Yellow Forest Event for Pokéwalker in 4G.

Thanks for reading.

I have find an error too.
When you read the " !learn raichu fly " , you indicate raichu learn this attack only in 5G but raichu can learn this attack before with the Yellow Forest Event for Pokéwalker in 4G.

Thanks for reading.
Pikachu can learn it in Gen 4, but those with HM moves can't be transported from Gen 4 to Gen 5.

Smogon Region Gym Leaders: Selected people will use a certain type of Pokemon and can be private battled and be rewarded if you beat them, in other words ultra Monotype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)