Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be pretty cool to have a monotype choice for tournaments. It's pretty annoying when half of a tour doesn't use a monotype team even after walling it. We could do it all in the Monotype format, but it's pretty annoying when we're doing a sub-tier such as NU, or Ubers.

Example: If we did something like /tour create UU, Elimination, Monotype we'd get a Monotype UU tour.

Thanks!

If it is alright than I would like to make a weekly bh thread and tell people what beats,my team each week and what was difficult to beat but done and what I beat easily because I am #15 on the bh ladder!!!

If it is alright than I would like to make a weekly bh thread and tell people what beats,my team each week and what was difficult to beat but done and what I beat easily because I am #15 on the bh ladder!!!
Yeah no, sorry but to be frank, no one cares about what you did on the ladder. If you want to talk about balanced hackmons go to the respective thread(s) and/or go into the other metas room on pokemon showdown.

May I suggest a way to view the list of banned words in a room? I see many people getting muted by mistake for not knowing what words are banned in whatever room, for example the word "rekt" is banned in the NU room and rekt is a globally used word on PS! so people get handed mutes like it's going out of fashion. Long story short, if people could see the list of banned words than this situation wouldn't occur.

I get that you can put the list in the roomintro, but no room ever does that anyway. It's more convenient to have a command to view the list of banned words.

edit: I guess this wont work then. Thanks for telling me shaymin

Last edited:
Wolfenstein, the concern with users viewing the list of banned words (as far as I know, anyway) is that then they'd know possible ways to evade the filters set in place, making the mods' job harder.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Do you think there's a possibility that the /tour getusers command could show the users still in the tournament, instead of everyone who signed up? This would especially be helpful for the Tournaments room, so we could more easily check for scouters instead of having to sift through who's in the tournament, especially because when you disqualify a user who has signed up but lost in a previous round it still shows the "User has been disqualified" message.

We're fortunate to have a somewhat functioning cancel button to begin with. Would you rather not have one?
The problem here's server/input lag in this case, not the cancel button, by the way.
Take it out, ps aims to emulate the cartridge games as much as possible right? Well to my knowledge there's no cancel button on the cartridge games so it shouldn't be on ps. It does more harm than good and ultimately just causes a lot of frustration.

Take it out, ps aims to emulate the cartridge games as much as possible right? Well to my knowledge there's no cancel button on the cartridge games so it shouldn't be on ps. It does more harm than good and ultimately just causes a lot of frustration.
That and having no cancel button forces people to think about their moves which will in turn make them better players when it comes down to it. I think the cancel button should either be removed or at least be an option in the settings for people who want to actually force themselves to think, regardless of whether the cancel button lags or not.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Oh and the mobile client needs a lot of improvement. :(

Also I'm almost 100% sure the cancel button only works if you select a move before your opponent does; if you cancel and don't pick a move, it will randomly cut you off and use your previous move once your opponent moves. On PO, it waits until you re-move. It should be re-programmed. That or the lag is terrible - I can't tell which.

In the teambuilder you can move a Pokemon from one position to another on its specific team. How about something similar for organizing teams? Move one above or below another?
While you can edit in the team "code" where you want the teams to be, I do believe this will be helpful and it would be nice to see happen n_n

Is there a way to access the teambuilder via some API, so that someone could build a tool which backups my team regularly? It sucks to lose the teams from time to time and an automatic-bacup would be revolutionary.

Yeah, I don't use the build-in backup-function, because tree.

Is there a way to access the teambuilder via some API, so that someone could build a tool which backups my team regularly? It sucks to lose the teams from time to time and an automatic-bacup would be revolutionary.

Yeah, I don't use the build-in backup-function, because tree.
You're free to make one of your own, if no one else has made one. Althought it'd be so much easier just to save a notepad of your teams to your desktop for backup

Is there any way to remove the HP percentage mod? If not, could I request that it be added like the 'disable animations' checkbox. I'm aware that the HP is shown above the moves but it'd be nice to have the option for it to appear on the big HP bar

You're free to make one of your own, if no one else has made one. Althought it'd be so much easier just to save a notepad of your teams to your desktop for backup
That wasn't my question.

I wanted to know IF there is a way. If it would be possible, I could freely outsource this problematic.

Is there any way to remove the HP percentage mod? If not, could I request that it be added like the 'disable animations' checkbox. I'm aware that the HP is shown above the moves but it'd be nice to have the option for it to appear on the big HP bar
this sounds like a feature that some people would want. for me personally i would rater have it as percentages, but when i joined showdown i thought the same thing. I don't know if i can begin working on it for a while because of finals but I will make an attempt to do it some time in the near future.

Last edited:
In the teambuilder, I'd really like to be able to sort the pokemon's moves by power, type, special/physical, etc. This is a really big thing for me when trying to quickly locate strong moves, look for non-attacking moves (like roost), or lets me see options for coverage moves

It's really painful to go through the list one-by-one if you don't have a specific move in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)