Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if it exists already, but I've never heard of it nor have people who I've asked. Could there be a command that lets the news popup that appears when you enter PS? I realize it shouldn't be a large priority, but it'd be cool when you want to reread it without refreshing (especially annoying once you've a couple of rooms you want to be in), or open up another page. Or if you have some reason to want to check it. Not really needed, but would be cool! (Also there are less used commands)

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I am pretty sure I suggested this to Trickster in PM on Showdown, but I think it'd be really beneficial if Showdown had a way to autosave PMs between users. And making it so only administrators (~) have access to these.

Or adding a command such as '/pmsearch Kasumi, Trickster' that would show all PMs I had with Trickster in the past with date showcased too. I think it would help showdown immensely to deal with the drama.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
I am pretty sure I suggested this to Trickster in PM on Showdown, but I think it'd be really beneficial if Showdown had a way to autosave PMs between users. And making it so only administrators (~) have access to these.

Or adding a command such as '/pmsearch Kasumi, Trickster' that would show all PMs I had with Trickster in the past with date showcased too. I think it would help showdown immensely to deal with the drama.
Tbh I'm not a fan of my private messages being out there for the admins to look at. Some other servers do this and it's enough reason for me to not go there.

Apparently if you use the desktop client for PS then it saves both your PM conversations and logs of rooms that you've gone into in text files that you can view. Like we've discussed, it would be helpful in cases of leaking, drama, or checking validity of screenshots, but it also takes away the privacy that PMs currently give. The idea I think I told you about was something like "/checkpm [insert log here]", which would just be used to verify a log of a PM from a screenshot was real, however that would still require PMs to be logged in the first place which I'm currently uncomfortable with. This is just how I feel about it though, it's still a legitimate suggestion.

To be honest, it should be okay to stay in a room you were banned in as long as you aren't harassing users or talking. Maybe there is an interesting conversation going on? Anyways, that's why I think you should remove bans in favor of permanent mutes (which of course can be ended via moderator,) with the blacklist just auto-muting them once they enter the room. If they harass users, they get a lock. Honestly, I believe it would create a better community, better players, and better feelings towards other. And if they evade, so what? They'll be muted if they act the same way anyways, but if they're actively participating in the conversation, I don't see the need to "punish" people for what they said previously in a chat.

Oh, also we should give the players in a battle the ability to ban particular users from that battle, like if there was a conversation in my battle but someone named It Is Guest came in and started spamming, I could just ban him from the room and not have to worry about modchat +

Also, automatic server resets would be nice if they weren't already implemented, like have the server reset every five days.

Try not to double, or in this case, triple post. If you need to say something after you posted you can use the edit button n_n just a helpful tip fyi
Oml, I forgot you could edit your posts. So sorry :X Thank you for the reminder!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a profile page for players should be added near the area where your name and what rooms you're in when you click someone's name in chat. With this system, you can display your favorite post, user, chatroom, battle, and tier. Other information can be included (Date of Birth, Why you joined, etc)
What do you think of this feature? Do you think it has potential or not? This is just a thought, and everyone who replies is entitled to their own opinion and I respect it. Thanks for reading, and have a nice rest of your day/night! :]

I find that if one gets banned/locked from the server that they are unable to appeal due to lack of access to supporting evidence. I understand that the staff have access, but without being able to communicate with them, it seems as if ill treatment is something that cant be dealt with.

Also, the thread regarding appeals is awfully difficult to find, and it is only briefly mentioned (but not linked) in the FAQ and Help threads...

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Since people are often posting pics of the ladder for reqs or other stuff, thought it could be cool if the date was written somewhere next to the name of the ladder (or somewhere else to make it visible even at the lower ladder) just to know when the pic of the ladder was actually taken.

Last edited:
I've played this site for a year now and I think something may help newbs getting into the competitively.

How about we after we select a tier when we go to Watch a Battle, we can add a category of like, a player with the highest ranking to worst (or some kind of limit). Like, hopping into an OU battle with a Pikachu doesn't help you gain experience imo.

Last edited:
Squallfire said:
I find that if one gets banned/locked from the server that they are unable to appeal due to lack of access to supporting evidence. I understand that the staff have access, but without being able to communicate with them, it seems as if ill treatment is something that cant be dealt with.
Well they ARE called 'Private Servers' for a reason. =P
There isn't really anything that CAN be done about them, because their rules may be (and generally are) different from main's.
Main really isn't concerned about what goes on in private servers, unless that server's causing issues on main, or PS as a whole. (For example, mass advertising on other servers where it's not permitted, impersonating global staff, etc.)

How about an Adventure Mode? Adventure Mode will allow you to go through a Pokemon Showdown world (like the games) but would have more of a battle tower aspect to it. You'll have a multitude of fights (10 @ max) and then you'll fight the "boss." Of course, it'd have to live up to its name. You could make it challenging, but not impossible.
Adventure Mode would include NPCs made from a Pokemon game maker system. You can change the difficulty, which would determine your amount of battles. You'll have 5 (easy), 6 (medium), 7 (hard) 8 (very hard), 9 (extreme), and 10 (master).
I think this is a pretty unique idea, but of course, this is only a suggestion and you don't actually have to implement it. :D

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
How about an Adventure Mode? Adventure Mode will allow you to go through a Pokemon Showdown world (like the games) but would have more of a battle tower aspect to it. You'll have a multitude of fights (10 @ max) and then you'll fight the "boss." Of course, it'd have to live up to its name. You could make it challenging, but not impossible.
Adventure Mode would include NPCs made from a Pokemon game maker system. You can change the difficulty, which would determine your amount of battles. You'll have 5 (easy), 6 (medium), 7 (hard) 8 (very hard), 9 (extreme), and 10 (master).
I think this is a pretty unique idea, but of course, this is only a suggestion and you don't actually have to implement it. :D
I'm pretty sure this isn't possible, and PS! =/= Minecraft. It actually is possible, but extremely difficult. PS! is also for competitive battling, so..................

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is probably too minor but is it possible to make roomintro not broadcastable, like no one can do !roomintro ? cuz all of them are usually huge and it's fucking annoying when a voice/driver/mod does it. "just do /roomintro" or "look at roomintro" is better than doing !roomintro and annoying everyone (swooping generalization but w/e) just for 1 person to see it when they could easily do /roomintro themselves.

Boreos

Banned deucer.
I wish that every body could be able to pick his own Avatar Pic like on frost,facebook and some other stuff

Boreos

Banned deucer.
Rhythms said:
fat Boreos said:
I wish that every body could be able to pick his own Avatar Pic like on frost,facebook and some other stuff
That would cost too much money to do if custom avatars were hosted for every player.
Ahhh okay >_<

I made a list of things I would like on PS:
  • /ds with eggroups
  • Be able to join a room with roomalias if you are in another room
  • Have a command like "staffnews" or something to see who all is promoted/demoted
  • Tabcomplete in bold because the bold will automatically go away if you tab.
  • also /ds with height and weight
Thanks for reading!

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I made a list of things I would like on PS:
  • /ds with eggroups
  • Be able to join a room with roomalias if you are in another room
  • Have a command like "staffnews" or something to see who all is promoted/demoted
  • Tabcomplete in bold because the bold will automatically go away if you tab.
  • also /ds with height and weight
Thanks for reading!
  • I'd like that too
  • That's already possible
  • Do /staff or read The Player
  • Just highlight what you're trying to bold then hi ctrl + b
  • I think that's possible

• I'd like that too
  • That's already possible
  • Do /staff or read The Player
  • Just highlight what you're trying to bold then hi ctrl + b
  • I think that's possible
I mean for example: You are in gamecorner room and you have also tournaments room open (alias: tour) if you type "/join tour" in gamecorner you can't join tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)