Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few suggestions for the teambuilder:

• Allow tab complete to complete to the moves with the highest usage in the tier, no more earth power landorus-t or iron defense bisharp
  • When you exit the teambuilder it should inform you if you have not used all the available 508 EVs on a pokemon
  • Use aliases for moves for example EQ = Earthquake, twave = thunder wave etc...

A few suggestions for the teambuilder:

• Allow tab complete to complete to the moves with the highest usage in the tier, no more earth power landorus-t or iron defense bisharp
I'm not entirely sure making it easiest to build teams that have high usage stats is a good idea. It's already enough of a problem that some players use only Smogon sets without even considering or reading why they're built that way.

I'm not entirely sure making it easiest to build teams that have high usage stats is a good idea. It's already enough of a problem that some players use only Smogon sets without even considering or reading why they're built that way.
I don't see how it would be a bad idea, its really just streamlining the teambuilding process and allowing us to make edits quicker without fear of having the dreaded earth power instead of earthquake where admittedly 80% of the time people want EQ not power.

I personally think that team-builder should be updated to accommodate for the other generations. Take Nidoking for example. He got a base 10 increase in its attack stat in gen 6 from 92 to 102. So if I am trying to make a Gen 4 OU team, I think that the team builder should show the stats of the pokemon from that generation. Other things relating to this would be the pokemon themselves not being released in a generation (Example: Can't use volcarona in a gen 3 OU match), so just add the pokemon that were introduced already from gens 1- whatever gen you're playing. So if you're making a gen 4 team, the only pokemon that show up would be pokemon from gens 1-4. Another thing would be the moves and items. A similar situation applies here, with some moves and items being introduced in different gens (Example: Boomburst was introduced in Gen 6, and the choice items were introduced in gen 3), and so the items and/or moves being shown should not be all of the items or moves in gen 6, but the moves and items that the pokemon can obtain in the gen that you want to play. Sorry if this sounds really confusing.

I would like to suggest implementing some sort of "friends list" in showdown and also an option to talk to the people we are battling over mic, and maybe allowing people to use their mic in lobbies as well if their ladder rank is high enough or something, because if everyone could talk that would just be ridiculous.

Does the running total of remaining EVs not help?
Sometimes people forget to run EVs on a pokemon and EVs are an important part of competitive pokemon, so having a reminder like this would be helpful.

I would like to suggest implementing some sort of "friends list" in showdown and also an option to talk to the people we are battling over mic, and maybe allowing people to use their mic in lobbies as well if their ladder rank is high enough or something, because if everyone could talk that would just be ridiculous.
A friends list has already been made but cannot be implimented because the servers would not be able to handle it, maybe some time in the future. As for voice chat, if the servers cant handle a friends list then voice chat is out of the question

Deleting accounts that hasn't been used for a year or so. Because there are a lot of names registered with no use so lets free them for people that really want to use them

if you mean on showdown, read this, as this is for suggestions for PS
for forums, idk why they don't
So only people that are badgeholders or moderate PS rooms have the right to ask for an already taken account and only if they have a good reason?
Why not just let names that haven't been used for a lot of time free?

I don't want to generate a debate here. Is only that i suggest making access to unused accounts easier for regular people by deleting this accounts that are only wasted data because anybody use them

So only people that are badgeholders or moderate PS rooms have the right to ask for an already taken account and only if they have a good reason?

I don't want to generate a debate here. Is only that i suggest making access to unused accounts easier for regular people by deleting this accounts that are only wasted data because anybody use them
As someone who has got a name deregged i guess i can say its a lot more work than you think it is. From what i understand each name has to be manually deregged and thats just not practical to be honest, i dont think there's an efficient way to bulk dereg all names that are inactive.

Tl;dr: takes too much effort

As far as I'm aware showdown doesn't have a good way to check when the last time an account was active. In order to make this feature work, showdown would have to log timestamps to accounts for when the last time they logged in. This would make nick changes put slightly more strain on the server as well as require more memory allocation to the registered accounts. While it might not be the most resources intensive change, because it would require additional resources at all a decision needs to be made for if such a feature is worth it.

This would also require some additional safety measures in the form of deauthing a player everywhere when their account is deregistered, which there is not currently an easy way to do built into the code.

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Why does /away block PMs now? It is kinda annoying having to receive tons of challenges without wanting to block Private Messages... (Specially if you're Staff somewhere)

a folder system in team builder section would be great if that is possible
this way you could easily separate teams for different metas and so on, because searching gets annoying sometimes
How 'bout saving each team as a local file on the computer first. Folders don't seem that ideal if your browser history gets wiped.

I would love local team-files like PO or Netbattle.

How 'bout saving each team as a local file on the computer first. Folders don't seem that ideal if your browser history gets wiped.

I would love local team-files like PO or Netbattle.
well, if I remember I do that manually anyway. But that hardly happens, so I´m usually lost whenever the browser cleans itself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)