1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Jul 15, 2012.

1. CodyB200H

CodyB200H

Search

I would like a search bar to find your friends' names, it'd be much easier than scrolling through the list :)
  2. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

There are multiple ways to do this atm:

You can use ctrl-F to find them, though this is annoying if there name has multiple instances in the server e.g. they've been talking or w/e.

You can also type /challenge name into the main chat and it pops up with the same screen you get if you clicked on their name.

The last way to do this is to type /whois name, this will show you all the battles your friend is currently in.
  3. JacobNinja

JacobNinja

When you /data pokemon or somebody !data pokemons, a link to the pokemon's smogon page should appear. Simple and brilliant, and it seems like it would be easy-ish to code
  4. Marty D

Marty D Bug Catcher
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Good idea, bojangles beat you to it by a few days though! It's a different command: /analysis pokemon, generation, where generation is BW, DP, RS, etc. If you leave out the generation part it defaults to the BW analysis. Enjoy!
  5. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

How about a calculator built into the program? Just 4 functions or including other things like exponents, it would be quite handy. Example:

[input] /calc 95*1.5
    [output] 95*1.5=142.5
  6. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I don't know if this is taken into consideration but it should really be...

I am talking about this:
    to which i got no answer, as well as that you should be able to see your pokes stats and boosts when your cursor hovers above the sprite. For example this is what i should see when hovering my cursor above my CB Scizor's sprite:

HP: 343
    Atk: 394 (0)
    Def: 336 (0)
    SpA: 146 (0)
    SpD: 196 (0)
    Spe: 168 (0)

The numbers in the () are the boosts of each stat. If a poke has a boost on a stat, then either the existing stat should be overwritten by the new one, or it should appear after the number of the boosts. For example if my SD Scizor had an SD under his belt i should see:

Atk: 394 (+2), 788 or 788 (+2)
  7. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

Duplicating a team isn't too hard: Just export it and import it.
  8. alexwolf

alexwolf King of Conquerors
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Still being able to select in which file to save your team (an existing or a new one) should be a given, no? It is a clearly practical matter that would be quite handy. But if it is so difficult to implement then i can see why you would ignore it.

What about seeing the stats when you hover above the srpite?
  9. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

To make blarajan shut up, an Ignore Spectators button would be pretty nice to have in a tourney finals.
  10. Jukain

Jukain fuck redew
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

lol furry

blarajan shutting up
  11. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

What does "Auto-load teams" mean?
  12. naagza

naagza

I've been talking to a couple users on PS (within the past few minutes :P) and I thought maybe there could be multiple channels for different languages. Probably not a major thing to add, but it may be nice to have.

I think some currently ranked users understand some of the languages to an extent (example: Relados knows/is learning French if I remember correctly), so it could potentially work.
  13. Okazaki Fragment

Okazaki Fragment

Has anybody suggested timestamps? It's probably the most unimportant feature in the world, but I really liked it back in PO.
    Yeah, yeah, I know it's my first post, but you guys are still scary after so many years lurking.
  14. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

I think what he means is, "Load the last team played rather than the first one on the list." That's something that I hear people complain about a lot, and I've screwed up with it a few times as well.
  15. KurashiDragon

KurashiDragon

For pokemonshowdown warstories, my suggestion is that you put health percentages at the turn ends at to make it easier for people to make warstories.
  16. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku

yeah it's been suggested and'll be implemented eventually. oh and OOGLY BOOGLY !
  17. JacobNinja

JacobNinja

please make a way to hide the "make a move" popup (or just tell me how)
  18. PrinceNeos

PrinceNeos

A small suggestion would be to change that Back Up/Recover button to say Export instead. It wasn't until I clicked it by curiosity to find out what it was, but I had been looking for an export button for about a day.
  19. Snowflakes

Snowflakes Dango Dango Daikazoku

backup/restore is a c/p of all your teams so you can save them in word/notepad etc. the import/export button is already in the team builder for individual teams.
  20. JacobNinja

JacobNinja

Just a quick suggestion, maybe put a lowercase 'm' similar to the #, @, & and etc. used for mods, to denote muted people. I was recently muted, and people were trying to talk to me and I could not explain that I could not reply.
  21. redundant

redundant

Muted people have a ! in front of their name.
  22. Vodoun

Vodoun

23. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    Creator of PS

You can read all of the text. That is all the text. Rapid Spin frees you from hazards, partial trapping, and Leech Seed.
  24. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Custom Highlights would be cool! (what I mean by that is that you could also set the highlight to something else but your current nickname)
  25. Woodchuck

Woodchuck you spin mine head right round right round
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Tier: "No Restrictions"
    pretty much what no restrictions is on the cartridge, but no glitches
    aka just mons without clauses or bans

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)