Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I love this whole thing, I think its great that smogon finally has the power to control our own server again.

A few suggestions though:
-When showdown is buggy, but still "on", I think that there should be cancel battles option for the mods or something. I hate it when I pop on, and the lose a battle to massive lag just because I happened to pop on a find a battle when the server was having issues.
-An about interface: simply put, everyone getting the command codes from moderators to see your ranking or make an avatar is very annoying. There should be a page with all the codes that you don't have to ask for on site.
-Moving the kick inactive opponents button lower: I can't tell you how many times it happens that you choose a move or pokemon, double click, and you just clicked the kick button. Just move it a few inches down please.
-A way to save logs for your replayer: sorry if there isn't a way I haven't noticed, copying the battle doesn't work.
-Saving avatars on cookies: I am aware that you have plans to not save teams on cookies in the future, but for now its very annoying to change your avatar every time you log in.
-Final battles messages: this would be cool

Sorry if any of these were already stated. :)

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
First off I love this whole thing, I think its great that smogon finally has the power to control our own server again.

A few suggestions though:
-When showdown is buggy, but still "on", I think that there should be cancel battles option for the mods or something. I hate it when I pop on, and the lose a battle to massive lag just because I happened to pop on a find a battle when the server was having issues.
-An about interface: simply put, everyone getting the command codes from moderators to see your ranking or make an avatar is very annoying. There should be a page with all the codes that you don't have to ask for on site.
-Moving the kick inactive opponents button lower: I can't tell you how many times it happens that you choose a move or pokemon, double click, and you just clicked the kick button. Just move it a few inches down please.
-A way to save logs for your replayer: sorry if there isn't a way I haven't noticed, copying the battle doesn't work.
-Saving avatars on cookies: I am aware that you have plans to not save teams on cookies in the future, but for now its very annoying to change your avatar every time you log in.
-Final battles messages: this would be cool

Sorry if any of these were already stated. :)
1. Administrators (and maybe Staff) have a "force tie" they can use if both players decide on a draw

2. Work In Progress

3. Been getting this one a lot :/

4. This is planned for the future (I cant promise a time but it may be near the end of Beta)

6. idk what you mean Pwnemon explained it and that sounds like a good idea.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm worried that this thread will become yet another black hole.

Can someone keep the first post updated with common suggestions, so the same things aren't suggested over and over and over again?

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i vote the find battle button gets moved to the bottom instead of the top of the ongoing battles

Maybe have a tab to show the various commands/avatars possible so users don't have to keep asking admins for it? It could probably be a bit more convenient that way as many players probably wouldn't even know they could change their avatar and such.

Also, I think sometimes it seems like the moderators should loosen up a bit. I mean, after one or two bold/CAPS comments the next 5-6 end up being telling them it's against the rules to use that formatting. Sure, you guys don't want to have the chat flamed, but sometimes the mods seem to overreact a bit...

Lastly, maybe have unrated battles for the different tiers; not just Random Battles. It can be frustrating at times trying to find someone else who can battle in a certain tier to test a team without losing points in rank.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't see a problem with mods stating the rules when they are being broken. At least they're not kicking or banning for first offenses. Don't take it to heart, just follow the rules.

Coolio, I would just like to rephrase my first suggestion because there seems to have been a miscommunication.

I think there should be an option to stop all battles from even starting when there are issues. It seems that when there are issues someone can still hop on and start a battle. I know Ive hopped on and had that once terribly laggy battle that I would of rather avoided if I couldn't choose that option at all.

Again thanks for all of this this is a cool thing we got going.

Oh, lay off them, they were trying to be funny, not making fun of PS.

The Fail Wailord picture is actually a good idea.
The guy who did it is here:
http://expendableteen.deviantart.com/art/Fail-Wailord-164779333

He's put "(If anyone wants to use this, please ask me first and i can even supply you with the layered PSD if you need via email.)", so presumably he'd be happy to donate it.

Unless of course you get someone else to make an original one.

dont believe i noticed this in the team builder? the ability to use pokemon you have "saved" in "boxes" or something similar to what PO uses. so if i make a set for a pokemon and want to use it on multiple teams, i dont have to re-create it every single time.

did this make sense ?

LightBlueMist

(´・ω・`)
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Maybe have a tab to show the various commands/avatars possible so users don't have to keep asking admins for it? It could probably be a bit more convenient that way as many players probably wouldn't even know they could change their avatar and such.
This. At least a tab where you can select things like your avatar and your name color. Eliminate commands from things like that. Commands trip too many people up.

Also, an area for bios and/or mottos would be cool; these would be accessible by clicking a person's name on the userlist or something. Just more customization in general would be nice.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
This. At least a tab where you can select things like your avatar and your name color. Eliminate commands from things like that. Commands trip too many people up.

Also, an area for bios and/or mottos would be cool; these would be accessible by clicking a person's name on the userlist or something. Just more customization in general would be nice.
Work in progress iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)