Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like to suggest a build-in tourney chart and possibility of different channels (this is to differentiate people who want tourney can enter tourney channel etc).
I would also suggest the adding of ''friend list'' to this stimulator.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
i would like to suggest a build-in tourney chart and possibility of different channels (this is to differentiate people who want tourney can enter tourney channel etc).
I would also suggest the adding of ''friend list'' to this stimulator.
All of this has been repeatedly suggested multiple time and are planned.

I would like to suggest better battle animation.
This doesn't actually help or mean anything... "Better" is subjective for one thing as well as multiple other issues. Can you be more specific?

This is kinda like saying "Fix the chat". How are we to know whats wrong with it in your eyes?

Not sure if this should be here or in bug reports, but I'm not sure hidden power is calculating properly. If it is, it's not displaying properly. Why:
I was thinking about using alakazam with HP ice, but when I thought about having to drop some IVs to make it possible I was going to decide not to. Then, out of curiosity, I tried manually changing the IVs after I chose HP ice in my moves. I saved my team, refreshed, and checked my IVs again, and they were all still 31. Wanting to further test this, I entered a battle. So far, I still have a base 70 HP ice on what appears to be a perfect stat alakazam. Maybe it's still calcing my stats correctly.
That leads me into another suggestion: It would be nice to have a way to view either current exact stats in battle, or at least display the unaltered normal stats as they would appear if I checked the stats page in the cart games. (this may have already been suggested. sorry if it was)

Can you be more specific please?
I played somebody using Lightningrod Zapdos, VGC is an official Nintendo format so nobody would be able to use it in a official match might aswell just ban all the unreleased DW abilities from the format

Not sure if this is suggested before... i would also suggest for clan system to be implemented (looking the amount of people who proclaim as gym leader)

I'm not sure if this is the kind of suggestion you're looking for, but gen 2 OU would be sweet. It's basically just Gen 1 OU but it actually works and is balanced.

1. Friend list
2. Re-introducing Voice Challenges, on other/new tiers, like Hackmons and Tier Shift.
3. On the new layout, making it possible to choose between new and old layout.
4. Possibly, Triple battles.
5. Find an user easier (like a thing on the page like: search user)
6. Animations like on the cartridge games.
7. Auto-warn spammers if they talk too much in a too short time.
8. Store teams/avatars in PS itself, instead of cookies.

1. Friend list
2. Re-introducing Voice Challenges, on other/new tiers, like Hackmons and Tier Shift.
3. On the new layout, making it possible to choose between new and old layout.
4. Possibly, Triple battles.
5. Find an user easier (like a thing on the page like: search user)
6. Animations like on the cartridge games.
7. Auto-warn spammers if they talk too much in a too short time.
8. Store teams/avatars in PS itself, instead of cookies.
1. This has been suggested many times and is planned to be implemented
2. I can't speak in certainties, but this is reasonably unlikely in the near future. If you want to earn voice, do it through the ongoing Random Battles challenge or by being a consistent and good chat presence.
3. New layout?
4. Triple battles will also be implemented eventually, from what I understand coding is tricky.
5. ctrl+f is your best friend here.
6. Considering many users experience performance issues at the current animation level, this doesn't seem likely (or particularly necessary)
7. Between the staff and the new filter, spam isn't a huge problem on the server
8. Selecting your avatar is only a very minor inconvenience (about ten characters into the chat)

I'd personally like it if a Battle CD player, like in Pokemon XD, was implemented.

If you didn't know, Battle CDs are a thing Pokemon XD had that was essentially a "battle puzzle" maker, or something of the sort. There was one CD where you had to kill 6 Shedinjas in one turn by using Spikes and Sandstorm, and another where you had to kill 3 Magikarp really quickly with OHKO moves by baton passing Mind Reader and Mimicking something else. Plenty of things like that, most battle mechanics were used. IMO, the Battle CDs were amazing and it's a shame other games haven't tried to implement it.

Why not have Showdown implement it?

Obviously, battle CDs would be hard to edit. You'd need two teams, an AI for the enemy team (probably the hardest part) to tell them what to do on what turns, and the various mechanics. Probably some mechanism to rig hax to always happen/not happen so the cd isn't won on a lucky stroke. Like, if there was a CD that required Skill Swapping Own Tempo from a Slowpoke to a Misdreavus to a Sharpedo so its Thrash wouldn't confuse it, you would make confuse always make users hit themselves so you couldn't just count on Thrash always hitting.

If Battle CDs were implemented, Showdown users would probably come up with quite a few good scenarios.

Unranked Private Battles, and or a friendslist

I've told my friends about Pokemon Showdown, and they seem really interested and we want to battle each other, but can't find each other. I think you should add Unranked private matches, so you can play against friends. Thanks for consideration.

I've told my friends about Pokemon Showdown, and they seem really interested and we want to battle each other, but can't find each other. I think you should add Unranked private matches, so you can play against friends. Thanks for consideration.
You can have unranked matches with your friends using the commands /challenge username, or by selecting their name in the user list and clicking "challenge."

Suggestion: Find better modds for showdown. Ive seen ppl get mutted for using all caps once, or bold. Why? Some mods tend to go on a power trip and just mute/ ban people as they please.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Suggestion: Find better modds for showdown. Ive seen ppl get mutted for using all caps once, or bold. Why? Some mods tend to go on a power trip and just mute/ ban people as they please.
It is quite clearly stated in the rules that these aren't allowed. It disturbs the chat and if these rules weren't enforced then EVERYONE would be doing it, or their message would be more lost in the chat then they already are.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[22:30] @ginganinja: [22:27] romotomtom: go suck my fat cock
[22:30] @ginganinja: [22:27] romotomtom: i mean you. all you mods
[22:30] @ginganinja: [22:28] romotomtom: right now

Yea we should clearly be letting flawless users like yourself on the simulator right?

Well, most mods warn for full caps and only mute if the person keeps doing it so you probably missed the whole warning thing and only saw the punishment.

Though we could replace some mods, especially the one who posted before me.

On the Replays page, I think the ability to filter by tier would be a good idea. A pretty good majority of the replays there are OU or randbats, which means players who want to watch, say, Hackmons battles will often only be able to watch one replay, if even that.

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Is there something wrong with the server? If I've dropped rank because of a dc I will have to murder someone.

Edit - Nearly forgot in my rage, is there somewhere we can donate so we get better servers or hosting or something?

Edit 2- to clarify, I was mid match and got dcd then could not reconnect. I now know it must have been my normally impeccable internet connection that caused the problem. Sorry for the anger.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
Suggestions:

Showdown Suggested Spreads:
Ok, the spreads suggested by this are not very good a lot of the time to be completely honest. I appreciate the work gone into making it but a lot of the spreads are just silly (examples below.) I've read a few posts and the attitudes towards making this feature better, I guess, is off the table due to it being 'optional' (lazy imo but who's to judge) so I suggest that adding something along the lines of "These EV spreads are not guranteed to be optimal, please check the onsite Smogon Analysis for this Pokemon for a more accurate EV spread." because these spreads really hurt the playerbase as a whole, especially when it suggests garbage spreads. I would imagine this is not a hard feature to implement, and it could only approve upon PS.

Examples
Not really used, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out what is wrong with this (although it will give new players the totally wrong idea, which is the main reason I'd like this feature implemented.)

These are the spreads used on Mamoswine by the PS playerbase by percentage, obviously.
[16:05] <TIBot> Adamant:4/252/0/0/0/252 18.155% | Adamant:252/252/0/0/4/0 16.340% | Jolly:4/252/0/0/0/252 14.408% | Jolly:0/252/4/0/0/252 11.507% | Adamant:0/252/4/0/0/252 10.028% | Adamant:0/252/0/0/4/252 8.434% | Other 21.127%

Magmortar, RU. It's been one of the most used spreads for months, despite it being inferior to all other spreads on this list (not just my opinion, I'm surveying people who are known for their RU expertise to make sure what I'm saying is credible and accurate.)
[16:07] <TIBot> Modest:4/0/0/252/0/252 19.766% | Modest:252/0/0/252/4/0 17.480% | Timid:4/0/0/252/0/252 12.991% | Modest:24/0/0/252/0/232 12.499% | Timid:24/0/0/252/0/232 7.567% | Modest:0/0/0/252/4/252 4.332%

Showdown 'Viable' Moves:
This is in a similar boat as the Suggested Spreads, the viable moves can be a lot more accurate than they currently are. Honestly a lot of the Viable moves are just utter trash (I am to assume these moves weren't written by a person/people that play these tiers, or at least I hope not?). Isn't much else to say except that I would gladly write a list of Viable moves for each and single Pokemon in existence. If you'd allow me to do (with a team of people, of course with people that it's run passed by to point out any flaws) that I would do it with no hesitation because the Viable moves at this point is a feature that severely harms the PS playerbase. If you don't allow me and other Smogon users to revise this list, perhaps renaming it to 'Random Battle Moves' (because that's what it is, they are not handpicked for viable moves but rather for Random Battle moves, at least that's what I've been told by a number of people including PS Auth) or even removing the feature all together is more appropriate than keeping it considering a lot of it just flat out harms the userbase in a way that can be fixed.

Examples

NU usage stats for its moves:
[16:10] <TIBot> Flame Charge 66.006% | Facade 53.594% | Rest 31.300% | Sleep Talk 29.149%
Virtually all well-known players and analyses for Flareon says the same thing: Offensive Flareon is a joke and outclassed severely by most Pokemon. Specially Defensive is the only set that can be called viable at all, and this, again, isn't just my opinion. This is the opinion of the majority of the Smogon playerbase that I've asked.

SubSeed Whimsicott is regarded as a horrible set almost all of Smogon's RU well known players.
[16:24] <&TIBot> Leech Seed 86.017% | Substitute 65.993% |

EDIT:
Possibly the worst 'Viable' move suggested by PS.

I don't think this one needs explaining...

This list goes on and on, and these are implemenations that could improve upon PS in a large way for the battling community.
Hopefully you take my suggestions into consideration, and I will offer my time and patience (as possible) to any task that needs to be done to get these features implemented, assuming you'd agree with them. If you have any queries about my post, be sure to ask me on irc or here or w/e you feel. Thanks for reading.

Is there something wrong with the server? If I've dropped rank because of a dc I will have to murder someone.
If you dropped a rank after a DC/win, it's probably because you went through the regular usage dip. Every 15 battles on the given ladder (or 3 days, whichever comes first) you take a huge ladder drop. This is to prevent people from getting to, say, 7000+ ACRE and staying there, unbeatable. Expect it to drop to a fair amount less than your Glicko2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)