1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Jul 15, 2012.

1. DGX

DGX

make it possible to play on the nintendo wii
  2. Shiruba

Shiruba

i don't think the wii can handle the scripts that ps! is based on, though... there'd have to be a separate version entirely.
  3. Scarface

Scarface

I thinks it's not only me but when I'm playing 4 Gen OU I'd prefer the actual pokémon sprites that correspond to that gen, same thing happens with 1 Gen OU, have you ever consider to change the sprites?
  4. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

Yes it has been considered, but right now, the focus is on bringing every past metagame to PS! and bugfix them. Which is just a lot of work for the timebeing. Apart from that We'd need an interface overhaul to fit previous gen sprites since the sim was built with gen 5 in mind (showing full body sprites and back sprites).

It will eventually happen. Just don't hold your breath.
  5. Scarface

Scarface

Thanks for answering Soul Fly :toast:
  6. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

Allow the movement/organization of teams. I don't see how it would be too difficult to implement, considering moving individual Pokemon has already been done.
  7. MikeDawg

MikeDawg keep calm; ban everything
    is a Tiering Contributor

Some sort of friend system would be beneficial I think.

Maybe have your friends appear at the top of the userlist with a star next to their name or something?
  8. Pikachuun

Pikachuun

This is from a programmer for Pokemon Showdown, so if she says it's likely to happen, it's very likely to happen eventually.
  9. Spirit

Spirit
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

Is it possible to implement Gastrodon east? I know it's just for aesthetics, but it looks kinda cool and I wanna use it. ;-;
  10. Shiruba

Shiruba

gastro east > gastro west

i mean it's got that nice blue/green going on instead of that ugly pink colour ;n;
  11. Iron Manatee

Iron Manatee

I'd recommend a /nature command.
    Commands already exist, such as /weakness, and /effectiveness, which tell you the effectiveness of certain moves.
    I'd like a command that says what a nature does, for those of us who can't memorize the natures. So, it would be like /nature rash, and it would say what the nature does.
    Just an idea!
  12. Nysyr

Nysyr

Requesting a rating filter to watch battle.

Pretty please?
  13. Erico9001

Erico9001

Suggestion: Add the ability to be able to reset specific rank formats.

A complaint about the Pokemon Showdown ranks system is that for an individual to achieve a high rank, he is best doing this by creating new accounts. The deviations that ranks have start out extremely high, and then lower pretty fast too, meaning for a person to get a high rank, it is best for him to create a new account for the high deviation, get a large winning streak while his deviation is high. Then all he has to do is maintain his rank until his deviation lowers.

It's not a good thing that people need to make new accounts if they want to achieve high ranks.
    The latest suspect test requires high glicko2 in both oucurrent and oususpect. It is not expected for people to get both of these on one account, they can (and most of them do) leave proof of two different accounts having the rank.

This idea has many positives. People would not need to make a new account every time they would want to have a shot at good ranks. It would allow for people who want to have one account to do so without punishment. People would have the potential to have their name across the tops of many ladders, instead of several alts' names, which cannot be distinguished to a specific person. Or people could just be better impressed when they search a person's ranks, seeing many high ranks instead of one high rank. I'm not really sure if this matters but there would be less accounts made, so less storage space would be needed for the systems, etc. There would be more names available for new users.

There's only a couple of negatives. One would be the potential for an unregistered user to have his rank reset. If this would be an issue I believe it would be a good idea to make it required for a person to register in order for them to be able to reset. The other is the ability for it to actually be implemented in PS. It doesn't seem like a very complex thing to me, but I could be wrong.
  14. Shiruba

Shiruba

^ To go along with that suggestion, perhaps the deletion of a Showdown! account could be made possible? With the advent of the feature of resetting one's rank, many alts would go unused [and many remain so as it is] - therefore, deleting these extra accounts could, at least in theory, lessen the amount of information needed to be stored, in addition to freeing up more names for new users.
  15. Fabbles

Fabbles LN_Slayer
    is a Contributor to Smogon

This happens to me as well (I use chrome). Any drop down list on PS has this issue, whether it be the watch battles list or the natures list in the teambuilder. I figured out, at least, how much time it takes for it to close. The drop down list will close when there is a new line of chat in the lobby. As soon as new chat appears, the drop down list closes. If no one is talking, then there isn't a problem; if the chat is robust as usual, then it becomes a major irritation. I usually just end up closing out of the lobby because there is only a few seconds at most.

I don't know if there is some weird setting I have that causes new chat to I guess override the current drop down list, but I would definitely appreciate any info about this issue.
  16. Erico9001

Erico9001

I have already written a bug report about this.
  17. ToxiBROak

ToxiBROak Banned deucer.

1) More music implemented (Like gen 5 elite four music)
    2) when doing /data for a move the priority bracket should be listed
    3) I know it's being worked on, but a tournament setting right in PS.

18. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

It would be excellent if /data for a Pokemon included the Base Power when Grass Know/Low Kick is used on it.
  19. tehy

tehy

I nearly lost a battle trying to find out this information, it'd be really cool if there was at least a command for this. (Also:Maybe a command /heavy slam, (Pokemon A->Pokemon B.)
  20. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

umm, add a "block this user from sending you pms/ignore" feature, to disable receiving obnoxious comments from meanies.
  21. Arcticblast

Arcticblast I run with the wolves of the wicked
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

/ignore [username] already exists.
  22. Xphieldz

Xphieldz

I searched the thread and this was suggested back in April, but I'm going to bring it up again because it really hurt one of my games today: nicknaming one Pokemon after another Pokemon. I was playing in Ubers and I had a multiple CM boosted Arceus-Ghost up against another Arceus, nicknamed "Arceus-Flying". I'm not sure how many of you know what every form looks like, but it was gray so I didn't think twice about it. My Judgement was not very effective and they 2HKO'd me because it was a steel type Arceus named Arceus-Flying. It would have been an easy OHKO with Focus Blast, but I assumed that the name was correct, especially since none of there other Pokemon were nicknamed.

While if I knew what every single Arceus form looked like this wouldn't have happened, they still used an (presumably) easily preventable deceitful form of playing that swayed the outcome of the match.

tl;dr: Preventing Pokemon from getting another Pokemon's name would prevent some (admittedly rarely used) shady battling tactics. Especially for Arceus.
  23. Diatom

Diatom An enigma
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Since you're able to do this in the real game, I see no reason to prevent doing it on the simulator, as it doesn't break the entire metagame (e.g. sleep clause). Although I can see where you're coming from, I would say to not expect this.
  24. Shiruba

Shiruba

That's not unlike calling your Choice Banded Snorlax 'Curselax' or your Specially Defensive Suicune 'Crocune'. While it's a little shady, it's not illegal, and it is somewhat your fault for not looking closely at the sprite, though it's probably not the best way to win a game, yeah.

[Logic is good, too. Arceus-Flying is used a lot less than Arceus-Steel is, for obvious reasons]
  25. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

where can i see a list of commands if there are any more? sorry i'm still trying to learn the functions in showdown. Does the forum cover them?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)