Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I really should keep my thoughts together, I made like 3 suggestions in 1 week already :<

could we have a /dexsearch command that searches for xxx stat? for example if I wanted a listed of water-types with more than 80 def, I could do /ds water type, def > 80. same with other stats. TIBot on irc can do this so it doesn't sound that hard to implement. And this command could be useful to get a list of good Pokemon in a certain role, eg. If I'm looking for good TR Pokemon I can /ds Spe < 50, trick room; if I'm looking for strong speedy physical attackers /ds Spe > 100, Atk > 100 could be cool.

I mean I could just go to irc but 1) commands on PS are private 2) convenience 3) non irc users can use this too 4) this has an "all" parameter

Nothing wrong with suggestions, especially good ones which yours generally are. Anyways tagging SolarisFox to see if this could somehow go into /dt for you scorp.

I think that's a good suggestion as well. The only problem with adding things to the /dexsearch command is that it's a very bulky command and already comes close to taking up a good 1/4th of the commands.js file just by itself. As I tried a pull request to allow dexsearch to look for recovery moves in general last night there was some discussion about adding general OR parameters to the command (which would be even bulkier than adding checks for stats). The conclusion was in order to implement such a thing dexsearch would want it's own page like the damage calculator or at least it's own file so that it's easier to manage the coding for it.

Either way I'll make an attempt to see if I can get it to function how you specified Scorp, and then leave it up to the people who have a better understanding of how everything is put together to decide what to do with it.

It would be nice to see a custom tournament option, where players can create their own tournament to specific criteria(such as OU, Round Robin/Swiss based on ranking/Single Elimination Bracket etc.) and only allow certain users to join, but I appreciate that would be very difficult to code, implement and manage. [Apologies if this has already been said, have only skim-read]

Something that I would like to see is the ability to ignore certain words or phrases instead of an entire user (I don't know if this has already been suggested). Usually when people start spamming an unfunny joke I find it annoying when I'm trying to have an actual conversation. It could work like: if you ignore that word/phrase the post doesn't show up or something.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
It would be nice to see a custom tournament option, where players can create their own tournament to specific criteria(such as OU, Round Robin/Swiss based on ranking/Single Elimination Bracket etc.) and only allow certain users to join, but I appreciate that would be very difficult to code, implement and manage. [Apologies if this has already been said, have only skim-read]
Tournaments have already been implemented on the simulator, however allowing certain users to join requires a private room that you invite people into. However, challonge is a viable substitute to it that allows you to pick and choose who you want in through a sign-up link that you can send to others. Just tell everyone what it's about after joining Showdown's Tournaments room and providing the link.

Tournaments have already been implemented on the simulator, however allowing certain users to join requires a private room that you invite people into. However, challonge is a viable substitute to it that allows you to pick and choose who you want in through a sign-up link that you can send to others. Just tell everyone what it's about after joining Showdown's Tournaments room and providing the link.
Never knew! Thanks.

Alright scorpdestroyer, I have roughly done what you asked for, but I have some concerns about how the interface for it would work since it's very syntax sensitive. Mostly in the actual meaning of < or >. The way you seemed to phrase it made me assume that what you really wanted was all speeds 50 and less (≤). This is how I have it implemented in the picture below, but maintained using the < symbol for typing convenience. Additionally the spaces before and after the "<" are required to run the command, and I'm not sure if that's better than having no spaces (though it's certainly easier to program). Finally it has to be ordered in the way you specified, meaning that even though "Spe < 50" === "50 > Spe", the command will not run if the latter is typed.

Overall, while I think this is useful I'm not sure how accessible the interface is. Anyways, since you were the one who suggested it, how do you think the syntax should be structured?

Crestfall

Solaris you're amazing. I know it was scorp"s idea but I was really eager to see this be made. Great work as usual, /dt looks amazing.

I'd just like to give my support to a suggestion a number of pages back concerning a command to reset one's account's ladder ranking for a particular tier. A response said that such a command was already planned, and I"m sure it's low priority, but I wanted to show my support anyway so maybe it will be moved up at least perhaps a spot or two on the priority list.

Also, a command to show the list of users you've ignored would be useful, too, so you can much more easily unignore one later if you want.

I'd just like to give my support to a suggestion a number of pages back concerning a command to reset one's account's ladder ranking for a particular tier. A response said that such a command was already planned, and I"m sure it's low priority, but I wanted to show my support anyway so maybe it will be moved up at least perhaps a spot or two on the priority list.

Also, a command to show the list of users you've ignored would be useful, too, so you can much more easily unignore one later if you want.
A "reset your rating" command is indeed planned, as of right now you need to make a new alt to start your ratings over. Also, ignored users aren't saved anyway and are unignored when you refresh/close the page so perhaps making a more permanent ignore list (one that saves in localstorage) would be good to go along with this.

1) How about you bring back a "No Stealth Rocks", or "No hazards" Tier again

2) Expand a players win/loss statistics. For example how many times they 6-0d, 5-0d etc and what rank their opponent was when they did this. or how many times they won with hazards up etc etc. and % of losses due to critical hits...basically a hax win/loss ratio? And maybe include a feature to say how many times a pokemon on your team has died, and what it died to.

3) Include a feature where we can select a move we think opponent is gonna use before each turn, then at the end of the match we can view this and see evidence on who is the better predictor lol

4) Have a "Substitute" feature. Basically this means you can bring in one pokemon for another from a pre saved list at the start of every match.

5) A feature to display average number of turns per match

6) When spectating matches have their rank above/below their name

7) When searching for matches on the ladder yourself give us the option to choose the rank of player (and you get more points for beating someone who is ranked a lot higher than you, and less for beating someone much lower than you etc)

8) "Tie" button. one player selects this button and a message appears on screen in bold "Your opponent has offered to tie the match, do you accept?" (they can select their tie button too

9) Ability to change colour of username

10) ban ingrain and substitute from baton pass teams

2) Expand a players win/loss statistics. For example how many times they 6-0d, 5-0d etc and what rank their opponent was when they did this. or how many times they won with hazards up etc etc. and % of losses due to critical hits...basically a hax win/loss ratio? And maybe include a feature to say how many times a pokemon on your team has died, and what it died to.

3) Include a feature where we can select a move we think opponent is gonna use before each turn, then at the end of the match we can view this and see evidence on who is the better predictor lol

4) Have a "Substitute" feature. Basically this means you can bring in one pokemon for another from a pre saved list at the start of every match.

7) When searching for matches on the ladder yourself give us the option to choose the rank of player (and you get more points for beating someone who is ranked a lot higher than you, and less for beating someone much lower than you etc)

8) "Tie" button. one player selects this button and a message appears on screen in bold "Your opponent has offered to tie the match, do you accept?" (they can select their tie button too

1) Not a bad idea

2) This would be way too hard to implement, and maybe a bit too unnecessary

3) Unnecessary

4) Unnecessary

5) Could be a bit unnecessary, but honestly not a bad idea

6) You can just do /rank (user)

7) This would be too easily abused by players to improve their GXE, and would make it very hard for new users to battle

8) Some users lose points when they tie, so not a great idea

9) Too easy to impersonate users

10) Not needed.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
There's a reason they removed it.

That would be really complicated to implement.

See above.

See above again

Why is this needed?

You can use the /rank command.

See 2.

This has been suggested many times and it has been rejected.

See 8.

Too complex of a ban.
Bold

Can we have a shortcut to join the anime and manga room? I know it's really lazy but /join am would be lovely =]
Morfent mentioned wanting to write a full alias list for all the rooms, but I don't know if he's actually worked on it at all. I'll mention that there have been some other suggestions for it as well to perhaps motivate him more to work on it.

Crestfall

Morfent mentioned wanting to write a full alias list for all the rooms, but I don't know if he's actually worked on it at all. I'll mention that there have been some other suggestions for it as well to perhaps motivate him more to work on it.
Can we have a shortcut to join the anime and manga room? I know it's really lazy but /join am would be lovely =]
Being worked on now.

And to Kangaaroo and Pikachuun number 6 is planned for later if I'm not mistaken and it is a good suggestion regardless imo. I can do /data kyogre for its info yet /data ogre exists. There's no harm inmaking things easier (generally).

I'm not sure Showdown currently stores the actual battle length, and merely detects when the last turn is when trying to view the replay. For such a minor thing I find it unlikely that it would be implemented on site for how much memory it would take up, but it seems like a reasonable thing that might get added into the statistics posted on Smogon. I could understand this being useful for gauging the reletive play style of the meta at that time.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This might not be important, but I really would love for Sticky Web to have some sort of... indication that its on the field, like SR/Spikes/tspikes have. Would this be possible?

I forget the fact that sticky webs are even on the field sometimes.

This might not be important, but I really would love for Sticky Web to have some sort of... indication that its on the field, like SR/Spikes/tspikes have. Would this be possible?

I forget the fact that sticky webs are even on the field sometimes.
Great suggestion, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for someone to whip up a small image of a web of some sort

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright scorpdestroyer, I have roughly done what you asked for, but I have some concerns about how the interface for it would work since it's very syntax sensitive. Mostly in the actual meaning of < or >. The way you seemed to phrase it made me assume that what you really wanted was all speeds 50 and less (≤). This is how I have it implemented in the picture below, but maintained using the < symbol for typing convenience. Additionally the spaces before and after the "<" are required to run the command, and I'm not sure if that's better than having no spaces (though it's certainly easier to program). Finally it has to be ordered in the way you specified, meaning that even though "Spe < 50" === "50 > Spe", the command will not run if the latter is typed.

Overall, while I think this is useful I'm not sure how accessible the interface is. Anyways, since you were the one who suggested it, how do you think the syntax should be structured?

sry just saw this but this looks amazing, thanks!

Zarel is currently away and he's the only one that can approve large adds like this, so it might take a bit longer to actually implement, but I'm glad you like it.

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
Is it possible to add a "cumulative entry hazard % damage" counter to replays? It would be useful to collect data and analyze the effectiveness of Stealth Rock and Spikes.

I hate to be the one to rant, but can ditto seriously be banned fro OU monotypes? I have battled a lot of people who use them in norm monos, and their transformation almost always defeats the point of being a monotype, and, as i learnt the painful way, they can be seriously overpowered and turn your own good stuff against you

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I hate to be the one to rant, but can ditto seriously be banned fro OU monotypes? I have battled a lot of people who use them in norm monos, and their transformation almost always defeats the point of being a monotype, and, as i learnt the painful way, they can be seriously overpowered and turn your own good stuff against you
This isn't the place buddy, take it to the monotypes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)