Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is likely a low priority suggestion and it isn't really important, but you know how in some chat rooms or when you're texting, it signifies that the person you're chatting with is typing? I think this would be a cool feature to implement with PMs. Just so save a bit of awkwardness I guess.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is likely a low priority suggestion and it isn't really important, but you know how in some chat rooms or when you're texting, it signifies that the person you're chatting with is typing? I think this would be a cool feature to implement with PMs. Just so save a bit of awkwardness I guess.
Not sure how it would save awkwardness. This isn't really needed because PS isn't a mainly chatting service, it's a battle simulator.

1) How about you bring back a "No Stealth Rocks", or "No hazards" Tier again

2) Expand a players win/loss statistics. For example how many times they 6-0d, 5-0d etc and what rank their opponent was when they did this. or how many times they won with hazards up etc etc. and % of losses due to critical hits...basically a hax win/loss ratio? And maybe include a feature to say how many times a pokemon on your team has died, and what it died to.

3) Include a feature where we can select a move we think opponent is gonna use before each turn, then at the end of the match we can view this and see evidence on who is the better predictor lol

4) Have a "Substitute" feature. Basically this means you can bring in one pokemon for another from a pre saved list at the start of every match.

5) A feature to display average number of turns per match

6) When spectating matches have their rank above/below their name

7) When searching for matches on the ladder yourself give us the option to choose the rank of player (and you get more points for beating someone who is ranked a lot higher than you, and less for beating someone much lower than you etc)

8) "Tie" button. one player selects this button and a message appears on screen in bold "Your opponent has offered to tie the match, do you accept?" (they can select their tie button too

9) Ability to change colour of username

10) ban ingrain and substitute from baton pass teams

2) This would be way too hard to implement, and maybe a bit too unnecessary
You like having simple generic info in statistics I guess. I like to look deeper into statistics.

3) Unnecessary
It's not unnessecary at all it's something fun that we can do whilst playing, and view at the end of the match. Whoever wins that could get bonus points

4) Unnecessary
Again this is nothing close to unnessecary. The premise behind this is when you start a match there is sometimes one pokemon you wouldnt need, and another pokemon you would desire based on your opponents team. I think one is fine...just adds a bit of variety and fun into a metagame that hasnt changed much in 5 years

5) Could be a bit unnecessary, but honestly not a bad idea
Why do you insist on saying things are unnessecary? The reason you would be able to view the average number of turns per match on an opponent is to see whether you want to spend an hour or two on your next match. I'm pretty sure if it showed someone with an average turn length of say 100 that would affect their decision to play.

6) You can just do /rank (user)
Again you are missing the point....so when i'm browsing through the list of matches that are on you think its easier to go and type /rank for every single one? It's not. Being able to see the rank of people as you browse through the matches is helpful and easier.

8) Some users lose points when they tie, so not a great idea
So what if they do? The reason players would opt for a tie is usually stall matches that end up pp wars. Most of these players would take the choice of a quick tie rather than a 3 hour match

10) Not needed.
Yes it is. All baton pass needs to do is pass a sub to espeon. If you dont have bug buzz or something else that hits through a sub you have lost. In my view there are players that are far better than people who do this cheap move then just spam stored power

1) How about you bring back a "No Stealth Rocks", or "No hazards" Tier again

2) Expand a players win/loss statistics. For example how many times they 6-0d, 5-0d etc and what rank their opponent was when they did this. or how many times they won with hazards up etc etc. and % of losses due to critical hits...basically a hax win/loss ratio? And maybe include a feature to say how many times a pokemon on your team has died, and what it died to.

3) Include a feature where we can select a move we think opponent is gonna use before each turn, then at the end of the match we can view this and see evidence on who is the better predictor lol

4) Have a "Substitute" feature. Basically this means you can bring in one pokemon for another from a pre saved list at the start of every match.

5) A feature to display average number of turns per match

6) When spectating matches have their rank above/below their name

7) When searching for matches on the ladder yourself give us the option to choose the rank of player (and you get more points for beating someone who is ranked a lot higher than you, and less for beating someone much lower than you etc)

8) "Tie" button. one player selects this button and a message appears on screen in bold "Your opponent has offered to tie the match, do you accept?" (they can select their tie button too

9) Ability to change colour of username

10) ban ingrain and substitute from baton pass teams

2) This would be way too hard to implement, and maybe a bit too unnecessary
You like having simple generic info in statistics I guess. I like to look deeper into statistics.

3) Unnecessary
It's not unnessecary at all it's something fun that we can do whilst playing, and view at the end of the match. Whoever wins that could get bonus points

4) Unnecessary
Again this is nothing close to unnessecary. The premise behind this is when you start a match there is sometimes one pokemon you wouldnt need, and another pokemon you would desire based on your opponents team. I think one is fine...just adds a bit of variety and fun into a metagame that hasnt changed much in 5 years

5) Could be a bit unnecessary, but honestly not a bad idea
Why do you insist on saying things are unnessecary? The reason you would be able to view the average number of turns per match on an opponent is to see whether you want to spend an hour or two on your next match. I'm pretty sure if it showed someone with an average turn length of say 100 that would affect their decision to play.

6) You can just do /rank (user)
Again you are missing the point....so when i'm browsing through the list of matches that are on you think its easier to go and type /rank for every single one? It's not. Being able to see the rank of people as you browse through the matches is helpful and easier.

8) Some users lose points when they tie, so not a great idea
So what if they do? The reason players would opt for a tie is usually stall matches that end up pp wars. Most of these players would take the choice of a quick tie rather than a 3 hour match

10) Not needed.
Yes it is. All baton pass needs to do is pass a sub to espeon. If you dont have bug buzz or something else that hits through a sub you have lost. In my view there are players that are far better than people who do this cheap move then just spam stored power
You posted a lot of the same suggestions previously I believe on page 81 and you were already answered but lets do this again shall we?

3) Its unnecessary because there is no real point to it. Prediction is half the battle and the reward for good prediction skills is victory and ladder points, there is no justification for giving someone more points because they predicted their opponent's next move. Also pokemon can learn many moves and many combinations of those moves so implementing this mechanic would again be nothing more than a waste of time.

4) Its unnecessary as well as being against game mechanics. Pokemon Showdown is a pokemon battle simulator, which means it strives to emulate pokemon battles as accurately as possible. As far as I know there is no battle in official pokemon games that allows you to bring in a substitute pokemon other than the 6 pokemon you can have in your party. When you enter a battle with your 6 pokemon your job is to win using those 6 pokemon. Being able to bring a substitute pokemon in removes a lot of the competitive aspect from general battles as you can view your opponent's team and determine if your substitute would fair better than another pokemon in your team. I will however concede that this idea may make an entertaining OM to play you may want to suggest it here.

5) Again why are these usage statistics helpful? Programmer's time is much better spent on things that actually need to get done from bug fixes to patches to coding new OMs etc... Also very few matches end up taking over 20 minutes let alone an hour or two.

6) You can see the user's rank at the end of a battle. If you are going to suggest things like this please offer something constructive other than "you should add x and y" maybe elaborate and say where exactly it should be added because if you look at the sim currently there doesn't seem to be somewhere a constant ranking can be placed. Also how long does it take to type /rank username? Around 2 seconds

8) PP Stall is a viable strategy as pointed out countless times. If people continue to complain about stall it only justifies it more as a viable strategy that actually works. Again, there's rarely a 1 hour match even in stall unless timestalling is involved.

10) Baton pass has already been deliberated upon by the OU council and the current limitation of 3 baton passers max per team is in effect. I don't believe that there are any plans to edit/upgrade this ban. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/xy-ou-suspect-process-round-3-baton-pass-read-post-590.3507765/

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Going to state again that suggestion 6 is in fact a very good one and something that's been requested a lot. Also I don't think neither you nor me vect0r are in ANY position to judge what a 'good use of programmer time' is. Gen2 is shit empty, does that mean all the work Joim originally put into it is a low priority and shouldn't have been done? No one plays it right? Should we not update it? Not fix bugs?

Also you say typing /rank takes 2 seconds but keep this in mind also. You'd have to:
  1. Click spectate
  2. Choose the ladder
  3. See the player
  4. Close out then rank them
  5. Open up again
  6. Choose ladder again
  7. Click match
That process is too long and unnecessary, I eagerly look for the day I can clearly see a top ladder battle just by looking. Also the loading ALONE for "Watch a Battle" button is a few seconds not even counting the other steps. Oh and did I mention that procedure of steps is only for checking one name? You have to repeat it with multiple names until you find the rank you're looking for. Good luck buddy. Majority of ANY ladder will inherently be low ranked.

And last but not least, just because you can /rank why should you have to? I said it before and ill say it again, we don't NEED aliases such as /data rotomw but we have it so people don't have to type out rotom-wash. I don't even understand why you are so vehemently against that suggestion 6 just like someone pages ago. You're being absolutely ridiculous imo.

Last edited:

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
In the settings, I would like it if you could have a toggle between sprites and models. The XY sprite project has provided the sprites for Generation 6 Pokémon, so that's not really an issue either. Personally, I just prefer how the sprites look compared to the models, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this.
I think you may have missed this. It would also be helpful if there was a directory for suggestions being worked on so that people don't request them twice.

It would also be helpful if there was a directory for suggestions being worked on so that people don't request them twice.
Good idea, but because of the level of activity constantly going on in this forum, that list would be very hard to maintain. Also, if a Suggestion isn't answered it's likely that it's been implemented anyway.

I've been thinking, whenever someone says something really really inappropriate or spammy in the chat, I always thought It would be nice to be able to delete what they said, sort of like a selective /clear. Maybe /clear, [user] or /userclear [user]. It'd be a step above having to tell everybody to /clear their chat when something bad comes up ;w;

I've been thinking, whenever someone says something really really inappropriate or spammy in the chat, I always thought It would be nice to be able to delete what they said, sort of like a selective /clear. Maybe /clear, [user] or /userclear [user]. It'd be a step above having to tell everybody to /clear their chat when something bad comes up ;w;
This has been suggested before, and was rejected on the basis that doing this would cause extreme lag in the chat, would be very hard to code in, and just really isn't necessary.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Remove Sheer Cold, Fissure, Horn Drill and Guillotine as usable moves in BH Teambuilder. They are banned. (Not huge, but worth mentioning)

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This has been suggested before, and was rejected on the basis that doing this would cause extreme lag in the chat, would be very hard to code in, and just really isn't necessary.
Is there no command for a moderator to clear the chat? That would be a useful command to implement.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it'd be really helpful to have a chatroom dedicated to reddit.com/r/PokemonTurfWar
We don't support stuff like this.
One thing that I've really wanted for a while is a PC app that is chat exclusive. Sort of like what they did with Facebook messenger. 90% of the time I log into PS is just to chat. I don't like it when people think I'm playing while actually I'm just there to talk about sports, current events, anime, etc.
Our policy on apps is pretty much "if you want it, you make it." We don't have the time to develop an app while actively working on the simulator.
A simple idea: Random Triple and Rotation battles, both introduced in Black/White.
Triple Battles are close to being implemented, but Rotations are apparently very difficult to program.
Hey, here is a nice suggestion, stop being Humongous (BAN ME PLEASE)s.
please have sex with me

This has been something bugging me for a while, my teams. They're so messy that it's bugging me. I propose that the teambuilder gets some purty'ing and has a sorting option to put, say, all of your OU teams in one tab, and all of your LC teams in another. This would save the brains of many people out there, and thanks in advance!

I dunno if this has been brought up before but I think it would be nice if rooms were sorted with topics more specific than Official and Chat rooms.

Maybe things like Languages and Metagames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)