Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Zarel, Jul 15, 2012.
You could challenge a random person.
I usually test by challenging staff.
It would be nice if we could use either /join or the join other rooms button to join multiple rooms at once by separating each room with a comma. Pic bellow is an example of what I mean if that's a bit vague =]
zarel, nice pokemon team builder
dunno if this has been suggested before, but i'd like to have the base stats displayed when you hover over an opponent's pokemon in battle, alongside all the other shit thats already there. this doesn't seem hard to do but what do i know.
another thing that would be cool is if the stats displayed for your pokemon were its actual stats at the time rather than the ones it has in the teambuilder. as in, include choice item boosts / other boosts from moves like swords dance / nasty plot etc. this one might be a bit more difficult so yeah.
I don't know if this would be too bothersome, but can you guys automate the action of choosing your last mon and multi-turn lock in moves like Outrage? There really isn't any option for the player to contemplate about in those situations and it would really help to discourage timestalling.
I second these, I've actually been thinking some of it myself for a while. Also, seeing your pokemon's EVs in the pop up would be nice as well...after all, not all of us know the exact stat numbers so it's not always helpful. Especially not as helpful as seeing the EVs.
While it might be nice to have such a thing, that would require adding CSS data to the client, which is a lot more cumbersome than adding things to the server side. Likely the best way to implement something like this would be to reuse the column classes from the data command, but it would probably look a bit out of place if that was done.
Further, you're actually requesting to change the nature of the information presented when you hover them. Currently everything that is displayed when you hover a poke is actually metadata, meaning that all those fields can be changed.
(name is based on nicknames when you see them, types can be altered, level is known when you see it, gender is known when you see it, you can learn abilities though a few methods, hp changes, and status condition can change.)
Stats on the other hand are consistent and never change, meaning that if you have to look them up at all in a match, you only have to do so once. It's unnecessary to have to repeatedly mouse over a poke to lean it's stats again.
However, since all of the changes for this are CSS based and on the client side, it's more than possible to make a style map for the downloadable application that does this.
1: keep being awesome. I love showdown, go on almost every day
2:have it so that all links posted in chat are checked by staff before they are allowed. Maybe it gets like instantly pmed or something, or just gets sent to a willing mod, or only goes to the room owner. Wherever it goes, i think it would make ps a friendlier place, with interesting and funny pictures, and not inappropriate links
3: This is very important but the damage calc is missing some moves. It kinda makes less room for creativity if i can't calc this crazy move i decided to run
4:Mobile app. This is my terrible photoshopping skills, but you get the idea > http://imgur.com/Ip7K0mh i woudl like to try ps on my phone, and even though i can go online, its kinda hard and not very fun. Ipad and tablets is better. I think this would let people battle on the run with a click of an app. I know this might take a lot of coding, but I think it will help a lot. Also, adds could bring in more money, but not too much
5: Link to intro to competitive battling on ps page. Helps all the beginners get started. I already said this in the webzine, but yeah wrong timing for that.
6: Maybe some more battle music? Dunno it kinda gets repetitive, but i know theres copyright issues and stuff
7: This is probably very hard or impossible, but spammers are so annoying when they change their ips, so is it possible to ban further than an ip? I really doubt this but can you like time them out from showdown on their browser/computer with cookies or something?lol i know i'm a noob
8: Maybe have mod battles in "watch a battle" highlighted or be easily accessed. Staff battles are always nice and funny for everyone, but its easy to miss them
9: Tabcomplete and spammers. its weird. THey spam, tabcomplete tabs the last user with those letters before the spammer. I have already been tabbed accidentally twice and locked *erhem Aza* and its not fun to have to log in and log out again. Downright annoying. Is it because they are spamming? or do they have some sort of shield for tabcomplete?
10 Keep rocking
1) Yes the staff are awesome, they know they are ;]
2) Many rooms don't allow links like battle replays or random pictures, in other rooms links play a big part. But having a staff member alerted as soon as a link is posted would be a bit cumbersome for staff and isn't necessary. Especially in rooms where links are commonly sent like Social Media or The Studio or even the lobby to some extent.
3) Could you specify what moves are missing? It'd help staff fix the problem easier.
4) The general response to this is "if you want one, make one" Showdown staff are too busy to devote that much time to make a mobile app unfortunately.
5) You can just type /intro to see this, usually when someone is new a voice or higher will use !intro.
6) I don't know how accurate this is but I recall talk of adding more music to the server would be extremely expensive.
7) Unfortunately its not possible to ban further than an ip and a server timeout may be possible if someone is willing to code that in.
8) Staff do battle but the problem is a lot of the staff are very popular and because of this staff battles will be very congested and with a high usercount comes spammers and then they're forced to put on modchat and its just an unhappy experience for all the users including the battlers. Sometimes staff will announce they are battling in the lobby and link it so you can watch. However highlighted staff battles probably won't be a thing any time soon.
9) They don't have a shield for tabcomplete but basically they spam and then switch accounts and since they are not online tabcomplete finds the next user with those letters before the spammer and unfortunately that ends up to be you and since the staff have no idea the spammer is offline because there is a small delay before the userlist or showjoins are updated they continue with the lock/mute/ban and then you become the victim. Unfortunately I don't see a clear solution to this problem.
10) They do don't they? ;]
Thanks for replying :)
I don't remember the moves exactly, but if I stumble across them again, i will let you guys know.
When i was a beginner, i really didn't know any commands, didn't know what mods where, i just wanted to put all of my favourite pokemon on the same team. I don't think that an intro link at the bottom next to replays would hurt experienced players, only help new players :P
Also, i would maybe like to try coding a mobile showdown app. I only have 24 hours of coding, but I'll let you guys know if I make any progress, and won't create anything without your guys' permission
About the coding, everything you need as far as PS! source code goes is available here at Zarel's Github. You don't need permission to work on anything really the stance is that if you want it you can make it but whether it gets implemented in the official Pokemon Showdown site/server then it'll have to go through Zarel. But again, you don't need any permission to work on anything and good luck!
2) Adding a .breaklinks parameter to boTTT which could add detect ``indexOf('[URLpart]')`` is a possibility which would allow ROs to automatically have boTTT break links from a certain sites or that contain any certain extension. This is an interesting thought and I'll talk to TTT about it.
3) You can set custom moves in the damage calculator by changing the values. It's actually possible to set every possible aspect of the calc to a custom aspect. Here is an example of calculating Necturna using Paleo Wave, just to show that how much freedom the calculator actually has. http://puu.sh/afGYm.png
5) Using cookies to detect a first time join and then producing a dialogue box with a few links and information might be nice. This would also double as a way to make spammers changing their IP address more annoyed at having to get past an additional dialogue box every time they switch accounts.
6) you can add music to your console if you download the application.
8) plz no
9) tab completing is far more useful than it is harmful. I doubt changes will be made to it aside from maybe adding the functionality of tab competing command parameters.
Could you implement the timer from the games? Like (i forget how long) a game can last? I think its an hour on 6v6 singles.
This isn't done because PS's move animations don't exactly synch with ingame animations and we have a bigger problem with lag than the games.
Ok how about this. This might be weird, but how about a tier where you create/create an OU, UU, RU and NU and maybe some other tier teams, and a random tier gets chosen for you and a different or same one for the opponent, and you battle with your corresponding teams. That way, you could have cool battles between different tiers that test you skill if say you got nu and the opponent got ou. This would lead to teams built to take on pokemon from other tiers, leading to interesting sets. I think that this would be cool.
I can already hear the complains of people saying the meta is entirely too luck based. There would essentially be no reason to not run extremely bulky teams for the higher tiers as OU as lower tiers basically are completely incapable of ever beating them if they're played well, conversely NU would have to run extremely aggressive teams to even stand a chance at breaking apart the higher tier teams.
What your suggesting would probably actually limit the number of viable sets more than you seem to realize and it would also be rather strange to try and implement, and even further it'd be a very time consuming and not very accessible meta. I don't mean to completely thrash your idea but it has enough reasons why not to do it over say any other OM that it's a kinda unreasonable request.
I don't know why I wrote this instead of sending you to the OM thread. That's a much better place to suggest a meta game. Talk it over their first before suggesting it here, as if the meta game itself isn't wanted by the community, there is no reason to even attempt to figure out how to implement it.
lol i did write it in the om thread, but ill probably just get shot down there anyway, but thanks for answering
I'm not sure if this is the right section, but... in standard random matches, currently Chatot and Liepard are capable of disposing of entire teams on their own due to the fact stat totals are equalized.
Liepard is a speed focus with thunder wave, swagger (banned move in every format), foul play, and subsitute, allowing it to abuse the RNG's 50%/25% chance of being able to act at all.
Chatot is also a speed focus with Chatter and Boomburst. Chatter auto-confuses, when paired with high speed is nigh unbeatable. Boomburst is already quite powerful even without the STAB and rarity of soundproof in random matches.
a friends list
This is probably suggested more than anything else. A friends list system is already developed but can't be implemented because it would put too much additional strain on the server. Hopefully at some point the server will be optimized enough to add it in.
This isn't really important, and i could do the calc myself, but the damage calc is missing blast burn. I know its not used ever, but in 1v1, its pretty darn good, so i think that it deserves a calc.
How about a simple modification to the /join command
/join all ~~The user automatically joins all chat rooms (Could be reserved for global + and above)
/join list ~~The user will join all the rooms which he has in his list
~~/add list, lobby (Each code/title of the room could be put in manually /add list, espanol; /add list, mafia
~~/add list, chat (Adds the current room you are in to the list)
~~/remove list, lobby/chat (Removes room from the list)
I cannot see any difficulties with adding this into the code, I doubt it will put unnecessary stress on the server. The commands could act a lot like /highlight
It might not be a fundamentally important addition to the server, but for any member of the global staff who have to look over multiple rooms, a simple command would be great.
I want you to implement a group chat type thing.
It will be better because it saves time rather than copy and pasting all tof the text to other people.
A good way to talk to multiple friends
Those two are the main reasons why i want you to make it, it is easy af to make and it will make PS easier
A group-PM like this is currently being worked on. However, it is unknown when it will be finished or if the server will be optimized to handle it.
I have a gamemode-suggestion for Pokemon Showdown. (Or how you wanna call it ^^)
In the new Editions X/Y you can, as we all know, do 2 vs 2 Battles.
And that would be a great addition to Pokemon Showdown!
It would make, playing Pokemon with friends, even more funny!
Please think about that :)