Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I've been thinking of this one for a long time; wouldn't it be really nice if we could have a "Make-Your-Own-Pokemon" or custom Pokemon system? It would just be a blank pokemon on the list called "Custom" -- when opened in team builder, you could edit its base stats, moves, set it to any ability, set its typing... et cetera. It'd be a great tool for people making/balancing fakemons, or even just speculating the stats of new ones.

As for the custom poke's sprite, we could just allow people to set it to any existing sprite (or use ditto lol), so we won't have the hassle of people having to use their own sprites. Even cooler if we could export our custom pokemon as text, and share it with people! Could we get it to work?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/create-a-pokémon-project.66/
Either this or get your own server and add your fakemons to that server.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi,

At a glance it seems this suggestion has yet to pop up, so I might as well put it forward:
  • The command that, after a password check, resets your ladder ranking.
As far as I know, every time a rated battle ends, we'd see some technological voodoo (queries, perhaps? I dunno I'm not proficient) that tells the server "I've won / lost" and the server returns with "here's your updated scores". If there's a command that allows players to reset their scores (basically wiping the slate clean) it might help some players to re-ladder anew (maybe with a different team) without the hassle of creating multiple alt accounts. The password check is there of course to prevent misuse - say, in certain scenarios after a jealous friend manages to get you AFK with your PS! account on.

Thank you

Hey I was just wondering when we would get the team sprites that are present in X and Y. I noticed that for a while showdown didn't have the mega team sprites but added them in later, and I was wondering when we get the updated ones. Also, I know things like that could take forever, so I am in no way trying to rush you or complain. I'm just wondering. P.S. please none of that "do it yourself" crap, because this is a simple suggestion.

Edit: whoops. Looks like someone already asked this. Sorry...

Hi,

At a glance it seems this suggestion has yet to pop up, so I might as well put it forward:
  • The command that, after a password check, resets your ladder ranking.
As far as I know, every time a rated battle ends, we'd see some technological voodoo (queries, perhaps? I dunno I'm not proficient) that tells the server "I've won / lost" and the server returns with "here's your updated scores". If there's a command that allows players to reset their scores (basically wiping the slate clean) it might help some players to re-ladder anew (maybe with a different team) without the hassle of creating multiple alt accounts. The password check is there of course to prevent misuse - say, in certain scenarios after a jealous friend manages to get you AFK with your PS! account on.

Thank you
This is something that actually is talked about fairly frequently, though I can't remember off the top of my head what the argument against this that is delaying implementing this feature is.

Lass Geneviéve

Banned deucer.
I am not sure if these suggestions have been mentioned, but I'll just do it again.

I was thinking about:

- A different place where the Room tabs are listed. If you are in a battle you will not see all the rooms you're in, if you're in more than 2, which most people are. If you are needed in a room you will simply miss out on the highlights. Maybe it's possible to replace these tabs to the side next to the scrolling bar.

- An option to re-organize the room tabs. This might seem pointless at first, but there are multiple people have a certain room order to make them feel comfortable. I myself have a specific order of the room tabs, so an option to re-organize them, by dragging or such, would be outstanding.

- A player profile. Eventhough I am 100% sure this has been suggested at least 3 times before. I will just make it 'official'. If you click a name, it willl show the avatar, Chat button, Challenge button, rank, chat room and potential battles they might be in. So an option for a status like AFK, Gaming, Helping or any other idea like that would show other people if the person they are looking for is active or not. Also maybe a small text box with limited characters to leave a small message for people who click on your name. It's not really necessary but it will be a fun thing to add.

- The last idea is for the /mute command. It would be cool to set your own amount of muting time. Something like '/mute [user], [minutes]'. Might just be me, but I think it would be great.

Let me know what your opinions are on this. And maybe I can see these implemented some time. :)

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Can you alphabetize the room list? I don't really see the point of having them listed by user count and it's kind of annoying having to track down other room when they could easily be found if they were alphabetized. For example, I hang around quite a bit in the CAP room, the UU room, and the Doubles room, so having to track them all down is kind of annoying. I know I can use /join but it would just be much easier to find it right there.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
so um in /dt endure in showdown, it says plus 4 prioirty, when its actually plus 3 on bulbapedia, so who is right? if bulb is right, would you guys please change it? its not really a big deal, but its still important in some cases

so um in /dt endure in showdown, it says plus 4 prioirty, when its actually plus 3 on bulbapedia, so who is right? if bulb is right, would you guys please change it? its not really a big deal, but its still important in some cases
According to V4, Bulbapedia is in the wrong here.
Also for concerns like these it's better to post in the bug report thread as it'll get noticed faster by the research team.

I am not sure if these suggestions have been mentioned, but I'll just do it again.

I was thinking about:

- A player profile. Eventhough I am 100% sure this has been suggested at least 3 times before. I will just make it 'official'. If you click a name, it willl show the avatar, Chat button, Challenge button, rank, chat room and potential battles they might be in. So an option for a status like AFK, Gaming, Helping or any other idea like that would show other people if the person they are looking for is active or not. Also maybe a small text box with limited characters to leave a small message for people who click on your name. It's not really necessary but it will be a fun thing to add.

- The last idea is for the /mute command. It would be cool to set your own amount of muting time. Something like '/mute [user], [minutes]'. Might just be me, but I think it would be great.

Let me know what your opinions are on this. And maybe I can see these implemented some time. :)
I believe the whole status thing isn't done because it would put needless stress on the server to have to hold the additional temporary memory for everyone online. Though you'll have to ask Zarel to be sure.

Also specifying mute time is considered more harmful than beneficial by most of the people in the IRC. I even recommended at one point setting the caps to be between 5 and 120 minutes, but it was still seen as being abused far more often than it was practical.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
Ok 3 things
1: Keep rocking :)
2: I think that when you choose a mega in teambuilder, under abilities, you should be able to choose the ability of the pokemon before it mega evolves. Ex: mold breaker or Moxie Heracross. I know that you can just choose the pokemon without the mega and give it a mega stone, but if you want a specific ability on your pre-megas, you have to choose the pre-evo, so there's no point of having megas in teambuilder.
3: This might be a tough one. Usually, while i'm talking in the lobby, every 5 minutes or so, i get challenged because people know that i'm online. I don't mind it, but i'm just not in the mood of battling and I feel bad using /away. Other times, people spam in the chat that they want someone to challenge someone because of the ladder or whatever. In comes my idea. People who want to battle should be able to be under a list of people who are looking for a battle, and everyone should be able to see the list and return the challenge if they want. That way, if people want to challenge some people, they don't have to go into chat, but could search for someone who actually wants to battle when the ladder is down, and people who want anyone to challenge anyone could just make a request that everyone can see. I'm not asking for this to be a full time thing, and it should be in its own category so requests aren't always popping up (i'm trying to say that you have to click a button to see the requests)but i think that it would be a cool feature when the ladder was down.

Ok 3 things
1: Keep rocking :)
2: I think that when you choose a mega in teambuilder, under abilities, you should be able to choose the ability of the pokemon before it mega evolves. Ex: mold breaker or Moxie Heracross. I know that you can just choose the pokemon without the mega and give it a mega stone, but if you want a specific ability on your pre-megas, you have to choose the pre-evo, so there's no point of having megas in teambuilder.
3: This might be a tough one. Usually, while i'm talking in the lobby, every 5 minutes or so, i get challenged because people know that i'm online. I don't mind it, but i'm just not in the mood of battling and I feel bad using /away. Other times, people spam in the chat that they want someone to challenge someone because of the ladder or whatever. In comes my idea. People who want to battle should be able to be under a list of people who are looking for a battle, and everyone should be able to see the list and return the challenge if they want. That way, if people want to challenge some people, they don't have to go into chat, but could search for someone who actually wants to battle when the ladder is down, and people who want anyone to challenge anyone could just make a request that everyone can see. I'm not asking for this to be a full time thing, and it should be in its own category so requests aren't always popping up (i'm trying to say that you have to click a button to see the requests)but i think that it would be a cool feature when the ladder was down.
1. No u.
2: The reason why megas are in the team builder is so that in custom games you can send out the mega poke without having to mega evolve it. You shouldn't be using megas in the teambuilder outside of playing hackmons/custom games, wherein the ability before it evolves is inconsequential.
3. I'm not totally sure I grasp what you're trying to recommend here, but I'll cover what I think you're talking about. This is basically the same recommendation of allowing status messages when you click on somebody's name but with a different intent and purpose. The reason why we don't have something like this is because it would put a lot of additional strain on the memory resources of the server which really should be going to functionality, like keeping the ladder up which is what's causing your request for this in the first place. Also the lobby isn't meant to be a battle room. If people are looking for a battle they really should be looking in the room that pertains to the meta they are looking for a battle in, otherwise Unrated Random Battles are always an option.

I SUGGEST A BATTLE ROOM FREE FOR ALL POKEMON 6v6 AND WITHOUT RULES
Don't be so rude lol, I personally don't think that kind of room is needed. Laddering in custom game (in your case) is fair enough to be honest.

PS: By the way, it's not the right place to ask the creation of a PS room.

Something I really really really want to see implimented is folders and subfolders on the Pokemon Teambuilder. I make a lot of teams, for tons of purposes, be it RP Battles, test teams, tourney teams, you name it, but I really hate how disorganized it is. Folders would be awesome to collapse teams so it's not as here there and everywhere, and we don't have to dig through piles of teams just to find that one team we need, or delete and re-create teams to lessen the clutter.

Something I really really really want to see implimented is folders and subfolders on the Pokemon Teambuilder. I make a lot of teams, for tons of purposes, be it RP Battles, test teams, tourney teams, you name it, but I really hate how disorganized it is. Folders would be awesome to collapse teams so it's not as here there and everywhere, and we don't have to dig through piles of teams just to find that one team we need, or delete and re-create teams to lessen the clutter.
Totally agree. It should be easy to implement :DD

I don't know if it's been asked for or not already but all I really want is for you to be able to create your own rooms and friends lists, that would be the only two things I want because I love the rest of it. That is all, keep up the great work!!

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know if it's been asked for or not already but all I really want is for you to be able to create your own rooms and friends lists, that would be the only two things I want because I love the rest of it. That is all, keep up the great work!!
Custom friend rooms aren't a thing on Showdown, but group PMs are something in development, iirc. As for the friends list, one has been developed but the server is not optimized to handle it, so we're gonna have to wait a bit for that feature.

I would like some way to view moves and items of the party on a mobile device (considering that I mainly play rand battles).

I think that there should be a double battle game mode where you can actually play with another person on your side. This could create two new game modes if we take Free For All into consideration as well.

I would like some way to view moves and items of the party on a mobile device (considering that I mainly play rand battles).
Showdown isn't made for mobile devices, and while it runs on them, it isn't meant to specifically support them, so I doubt we'll get any changes to make the mobile "version" look or work better.

I think that there should be a double battle game mode where you can actually play with another person on your side. This could create two new game modes if we take Free For All into consideration as well.
Multi-battles and Free For Alls have been requested a lot but it would require way too much new programming and changes, at least for now.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
is a Pokemon Researcher
Can we please make it so Room Owners can change the information for a room again (description, intro, etc).

I don't know what abuse you're trying to stop with this but there has to be a less intrusive and more sensical way to do it. What's even the point of having a room system when you have to contact a global admin to even do anything even if you're a Room Owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)