Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Suggestion to make Aegislash balanced in OU

I was thinking about it today, and thought of a solution to make Aegislash balanced in OU.
The biggest issue with it was how it could easily switch between the Attack and Defense form and be able to hit hard and take hits, making it very hard to predict. The solution that I thought of was if you removed Stance Change from working, so the player would have to pick between the Attack Form or Defense Form. The benefit to this is that Aegislash will be forced to either run a physical or defensive set, and thus being more predictable and fits the meta game again, and is able to check pokemon like Mawile. The downside is the Pokemon wouldn't have an ability.
That would go against in-game mechanics.

Pretty sure it's asked before, but maybe allow us to view the hover text over Pokemon in our team that have fainted or moves that can't be selected (e.g. choice-locked)?

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
this is a terrible idea and would probably take a long time and i could just google it but for the convenience of everyone, you should know what level a pokemon learns a move when you use /learn. Probably completely unnecessary but it would be very convenient

this is a terrible idea and would probably take a long time and i could just google it but for the convenience of everyone, you should know what level a pokemon learns a move when you use /learn. Probably completely unnecessary but it would be very convenient
Smogon isn't all that concerned with how or when a pokemon learns a move, except insofar as what combinations of moves are illegal on a single set. For specific levels/learn methods, you can visit a place like Veekun or PokemonDB.

kevinrocks

can ladder decaying be abit less prominent on high ladder tiers like ou? like i know that its so you cant stay at the top without trying, but when im chilling at 1500-1600, i dont think the decay should be so prominent. I think decay should stop at 1450 or around there so if people can stay at half decent ladder ranking when they are trying other tiers. I dont fully understand the decaying concept, so maybe i shouldnt be saying this, but sometimes its frustrating when im relatively low compared to others but im still constantly losing what im gaining.

It could be possible to ban just King's Shield, but I don't think that'd be kinda silly seeing as you're basically taking away the very essence of the a
You can make pull req's to boTTT if you feel that the automatic chat moderation is insufficient.
https://github.com/TalkTakesTime/Pokemon-Showdown-Bot

Generally speaking the automatic moderation is the quality it is because of the hosting constraints for actually processing that much data. The more complex your chat processing is, the more difficult it is to actually find a sustainable way to run it.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
In the Chess room, would it be possible to add animated images of Pawniard and BIsharp to the current Nidoking and Nidoqueen?

In the Chess room, would it be possible to add animated images of Pawniard and BIsharp to the current Nidoking and Nidoqueen?
That is in the roomintro, if you have any suggestions for it you can talk to any of the roomowners, bdh93, reverb, timbuktu

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two suggestions

1. With the disable animations, can there be an option of the april fools sprites, they are hilarius (hawlucha + energy ball jellicent got to me). This one is less important... e: didnt realise this could be done, thanks @below

2. When a move doesnt work due to an ability, can you mention the ability on the screen like it does in game? E.g. if you sludge bomb a bullet proof chesnaught it says 'immune' on ps whilst in game 'Chesnaught's Bulletproof' pops up. This would be helpful as many (newer) players don't know or wont remember so will wonder why sludge bomb wont work.

Thanks and keep up with the good work ^_^

Last edited:
Two suggestions

1. With the disable animations, can there be an option of the april fools sprites, they are hilarius (hawlucha + energy ball jellicent got to me). This one is less important...

2. When a move doesnt work due to an ability, can you mention the ability on the screen like it does in game? E.g. if you sludge bomb a bullet proof chesnaught it says 'immune' on ps whilst in game 'Chesnaught's Bulletproof' pops up. This would be helpful as many (newer) players don't know or wont remember so will wonder why sludge bomb wont work.

Thanks and keep up with the good work ^_^
1) You can play with the goofy April Fool's Day sprites at any time using this link http://showdown-afd.psim.us./ its the exact same as the main server with all the same rooms and ladders and the chat is the same too.

2) I see no reason why this wouldn't be a good suggestion, it could be a little grey pop up like the "immune" or "balloon popped" notification or something like that.

There should be an option for /dexsearch to search for base stats. For example, /dexsearch attack:90 would show me Pokémon whose attack base stat is exactly 90, /dexsearch defense:80+ would show me Pokémon whose defense base stat is 80 or above, and /dexsearch speed:120- would show me Pokémon whose speed base stat is 120 and below.
Also, older gens should use old sprites too. The 3D gifs don't look too pretty against a flat background (that is, if the flat background isn't supposed to be a placeholder)

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
Also, older gens should use old sprites too. The 3D gifs don't look too pretty against a flat background (that is, if the flat background isn't supposed to be a placeholder)
You can switch to BW sprites in settings now, but idk if pre-gen 5 sprites in pre-gen 5 formats are being worked on. Hopefully that will be a thing soon, though.

I think this is a good suggestion, but honestly a lot of new players probably still won't realize what's going on. When using Shedinja low on the ladder people constantly attack it with all kinds of non-SE moves and it has the message about Wonder Guard but people still keep doing it. Or like the people who constantly use a sleep move even though it constantly says "sleep clause mod activated." (Although actually, that message could be a bit more clear too.)

But yeah, I support the suggestion nevertheless.

kevinrocks

Team thing. you know, the thing where you come out of teambuilder and find the tier you want and click Find Battle button and its like the third team down, not the first team, the one you just made and you go into ubers with all of your ru pokemon. Is that intentional?

I have come back with a new suggestion (although someone else might have posted it before, I dunno)

Let Drivers of one week or more be allowed to /modchat autoconfirm.
Its annoying when a troll keeps alting and mute evading. Nothing more, nothing less.

Timbuktu

get bukt
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have come back with a new suggestion (although someone else might have posted it before, I dunno)

Let Drivers of one week or more be allowed to /modchat autoconfirm.
Its annoying when a troll keeps alting and mute evading. Nothing more, nothing less.
At least a few moderators are on the server at any time, so there's nothing stopping them from doing it if someone PMs them. Even if drivers were able to set modchat autoconfirmed, why a week after their promotion?

I suggest to ad an option in ps setting menu that makes the latest news thing only put up when theirs new news and it goes away until new news is submitted

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Team thing. you know, the thing where you come out of teambuilder and find the tier you want and click Find Battle button and its like the third team down, not the first team, the one you just made and you go into ubers with all of your ru pokemon. Is that intentional?
In English please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)