Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
No, it's done via meta-viewport, so UA changes aren't possible.

I really don't have a suggestion at the moment, sorry. :(

Is there any way on-site (not on actual Showdown) an explaination as to how points for the ladder are calculated, please? Maybe as a sticky, or something?

I have seen quite a few people ask about this.

Wanting to know about how points themselves are calculated, and how bonus pool points are calculated.

Pokemon Showdown! and Smogon doesn't have it on site, but for the Glicko2 ratings you can see it here.
I was able to understand that, and it seems like a fine ideal, but it might be a bit confusing for younger competitive battlers. Maybe have something to "dumb it down" a bit?

Also, it still didn't really explain about the bonus pool of points.

Noticing that PS! has been down for most of the day, I was wondering if maybe there was a way on the PS! forum here to indicate when it's down, why it's down (if you know/are willing to explain) and when you're expecting it to be back up. I think this kind of information would be very helpful if you could make it available. Maybe a 'current status' sticky on the forum or something like that. It would at least cut down on people posting threads asking if it's down, eh?

Showdown cant go in :/

ever since 9/22/12 around 6:00pm i have not bin able to get in the showdown servers i dont know if its a site problem or my computer bieng gay :/ plz respond if you have answers

Mr. Uncompetitive

Ugh Cough! Cough! Splutter!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Noticing that PS! has been down for most of the day, I was wondering if maybe there was a way on the PS! forum here to indicate when it's down, why it's down (if you know/are willing to explain) and when you're expecting it to be back up. I think this kind of information would be very helpful if you could make it available. Maybe a 'current status' sticky on the forum or something like that. It would at least cut down on people posting threads asking if it's down, eh?
ever since 9/22/12 around 6:00pm i have not bin able to get in the showdown servers i dont know if its a site problem or my computer bieng gay :/ plz respond if you have answers
From what I know from IRC, another DDoS attack, this time on the server which allows people to come into the sim, or anything PS related for that matter, rather than the Smogon server. Apparently it was down midnight today, open for a short period of time about three or so hours ago, then got closed again for a reason I'm not 100% sure about. Zarel is working to get it fixed.

Odd that you're asking this in "Suggestions"

ya sorry this is the only Showdown realated thread i could find so i just posted on here any idea when it will be back up? and dumb DDOSers are annoying

Please direct your DDoS related questions to this thread: SQSA

To answer your question, due to the fact that the hosting company must be contacted (as the login server, Eppstein, has been DDoSed, and not the server that Zarel and fellow administrators can access), it's possible that the server may be down for another 6-24 hours. Hang in there.

Zarel, here are my ideas:

*Allow people to be able to not view the chat. Basically, allow each user to close their view of the chat. I know from fact that this feature has its merits.
*Creation of a Middle Cup, where any #2 Pokemon in a 3-evolutionary Pokemon line (ie. Quilava, Pupitar) is allowed to participate. All Pokemon are level 50 or lower, because Deino evolves into Zweilous at level 50. The only Ubers banlist I can think of right off the bat is Chansey, and maybe Pikachu as well.
*Double and Triple Battles are available.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Zarel, here are my ideas:

*Allow people to be able to not view the chat. Basically, allow each user to close their view of the chat. I know from fact that this feature has its merits.
I've suggested this myself before but mainly for tablet users (which have the chat turned off as default)

*Creation of a Middle Cup, where any #2 Pokemon in a 3-evolutionary Pokemon line (ie. Quilava, Pupitar) is allowed to participate. All Pokemon are level 50 or lower, because Deino evolves into Zweilous at level 50. The only Ubers banlist I can think of right off the bat is Chansey, and maybe Pikachu as well.
I believe this has been suggested before, but not sure. The problem is making a new tier that's not a carbon copy of another one (or close e.g. suspect ou) takes time, so don't expect it to soon. Although I'm sure you could code it yourself and ask Zarel to put in your code which I believe has been done before.

*Double and Triple Battles are available.
This will eventually be implemented and has been suggested many many many (many) times before. However this is quite difficult to code as the battle engine needs to be half redone for it to work. Things such as bugs with wonder room and such are a priority for the moment.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since PS! is now affiliated with Smogon, this really isn't a Zarel decision, it's a Smogon decision. The decision to create an official tier is up to the people here, and if they think that Middle Cup is deserving enough, it will be made an official tier with an official ladder. Though there are a few exceptions, like Balanced Hackmons, which was made before the PS!-Smogon merger, in general something like the decision to add Middle Cup would needed to be voted on. That's how Little Cup became an official tier, if I heard correctly.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Well, we're affiliated with Smogon, but it's not like I have zero power at all. I can make a tier if I feel like it. That said, just asking for a tier isn't a very good way to convince me to make one. Maybe if you got a sizable number of people playing it in Debug Mode.

You know what i really think is a nice idea...adding B/W 2 Music into the battles so that we wont have to listen to the very same thing every battle

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
You know what i really think is a nice idea...adding B/W 2 Music into the battles so that we wont have to listen to the very same thing every battle
Most people I know mute the battle music (the button in the top right) and listen to their own music or nothing.

This isn't really a priority but I do believe more varied music will be implemented in the future.

Asek

Banned deucer.
As your all surely aware of, 99% of people on showdown do not know how to type the avatar command into the chat (avatards) or are just doing it to be annoying. I thought a way to solve this would be to have an avatar tab on the far left underneath the ladder one, where you could simply click on the avatar you wanted, and it would change to that one. Then again, the people who do it on purpose would just do it with another command so it wouldn't solve this problem completely, and its probably too much effort anyway

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
PS has 7 different pieces it uses as bgm: BW rival, BW trainer, BW subway trainer, DPP rival, DPP trainer, HGSS Johto trainer, HGSS Kanto trainer.

Considering, if you were playing, say, Battle Subway, it'd be locking you into exactly one BGM, PS isn't bad at all. We don't have too many different bits of BGM partially for bandwidth reasons, and partially because there isn't that much suitable music. Anyway, it's easy enough to mute and listen to your own music.

I have just a few suggestions for you Zarel, some have probably been repeated.

1. Colors. Need I say more?

2. A way to save your team at any time during Team Builder, not just at the Entire Team screen.

3. This one arose from most of the chat users who are new to PS!

Making a chatbot that PMs a short message (or 2) to you upon login, giving short instructions on the following
-How to change Avatars
-How to PM
-How to build/use a team in the Sim.
-A hotlink to a list of common Acronyms/Shorthand (eg; gl, hf, gg, etc)

4. I'd like to save certain battles. Is there a way we can make it to where we may have a sort of VS. Recorder? Maybe 1-5 battle stored? Mainly, I like to review my own good or really bad matches.

Thanks for all the work you do Zarel.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This has probably been asked but searching Smogon on my phone kinda blows. Is there a chance for cloud saving teams to usernames? Say I usually play on the computer but sometimes would like to play on my phone it gets pretty difficult because I'd have to remake a team (and fuck randbats). Is this something that is/could in the process/be worked on?

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
We should really have the option to save a team with another name without deleting the existent team. For example let's say i have a team named ''something'' and i want to make some changes. After i finish the changes my only option is to save the team over the already existing one, which is dumb, because i may want to have multiple versions of a team that i am testing. I should be able to chose in which file i save the already existing edited team, and not have to copy-paste a team and make a new one, that will be exactly the same, just to make a few changes.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey, I did some messing around with my server, and got some stuff for third gen implementation coded (as well as many of the Other Metagames but that's not as important to PS). Here's the github for it. (I'm sure I did a lot of things wrong in this, especially with move legality or some of the mechanics, but it more or less works)

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It would be nice that when switching your Pokemon you will be able to see their exact amount of HP. I know that this exists when that Pokemon is out, but let's say that the Pokemon I want to send out is at 30% and I fear that the foe will use Seismic Toss, I don't want to gamble on my Pokemon's HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)