Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My suggestion is that we have a tie button in battles, so that if both players agree that the battle isnt going anywhere have an option on suggesting a tie.
Yeah, this is possible on Pokemon Online, and it works just fine.
It could really help with putting a halt to having to go through 80-plus turns when trying to ladder, which I'm sure we are all going to appreciate.

No Weather has been implemented previously due to complaints and it did not receive any recognizable activity to stay (It had less than a third of the battles than LC is averaging currently). This will likely not be re-implemented unless there's a large enough group to justify the creation of that ladder..
On WiFi Battle Finder OU No Weather is a common requisite. But.. if the aforementioned(quoted) is the case then (pardon my ignorance, I was not aware of this). Would it then be reasonable to open my own thread and gather popularity on the suggestion, without being redirected here?

Because I can already see that happening.
-I'm FallenFoliage on PS and have been currently been playing there more than PO.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
As somebody who frequently scans the 'Watch Battles' portion of the Lobby, I always wish it was possible to have a better feeling of the skill level of the people who are battling without having to input their ratings manually. So, would it be possible to include the ACRE rating of each battler underneath his/her name in 'Watch Battles' (or at least make it an option)? Thanks.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have an ignore button during a battle? People can be kind of annoying, so having an option to not see what they're typing would be really nice.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hi, im ABfloww on PS some of you may know me.

My suggestion is that we have a tie button in battles, so that if both players agree that the battle isnt going anywhere have an option on suggesting a tie.
The tie option was heavily abused in the past (users trying to beg for ties to preserve their ladder ranking when they're losing), so it's not likely to come back. If a battle really isn't going anywhere and both players agree to tie, administrators (and maybe leaders?) can force a tie.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
The thing is if a match was really good or if a match had bs hax, often players can agree on a Draw (if I bs hax someone I immidetely want to draw, but since the option isn't available I can't forfeit since to how the variations are set up... if you know what I mean -____-). Why not just infarct / ban users who abuse begging? (or simply decrease amount of time allowed to stall to force them to stop begging and accept loss since they lose either way? it also helps vs. time stall so I see no reason now to do this notion).

Just a small suggestion, but it would be nice if when you clicked the "Leave Battle" button it would also close the room. It's a little annoying to have to manually close the room after you leave the battle

Well, here's my suggestions.

Make the site itself a little bit faster. It sorta lags every-time I go there.
And keep the avatars that are used instead of just going to the trainer sprites all the time.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, here's my suggestions.

Make the site itself a little bit faster. It sorta lags every-time I go there.
And keep the avatars that are used instead of just going to the trainer sprites all the time.
Since the site works in JavaScript, it's very possible that part of the lag (if not all) is your computer's fault. The second thing I agree with.

Something that stops multiple battles occuring if you accidentally repress the "find battle button" before it goes to the "looking for a battle" text. Although, I play PS on a tablet, and since its slower, and easier to multi touch on the touch screen, so I don't actually know whether this is much of a problem for anyone on an actuall PC :/

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something that stops multiple battles occuring if you accidentally repress the "find battle button" before it goes to the "looking for a battle" text. Although, I play PS on a tablet, and since its slower, and easier to multi touch on the touch screen, so I don't actually know whether this is much of a problem for anyone on an actuall PC :/
it's lag from your computer/internet it happens on computers too. there's a few occasional times that the server itself is lagging and that's the cause but it's far and few between.

a suggestion would be set a buffer on the find battle button, only allow 1 battle to go through every x amount of seconds (15 i think is a good number) later throughout i hope for it to be customisable but that's so insignificant right now.

Maybe a way to reset our ladder ranking on an account
for example on my "magik" account i can just reset my ladder ranking so im back to 0 (well 1000)
i think with a ladder reset button there will be less alts made and maybe less lag idunno just a suggestion c:

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In game, once you've made your selection of move with your Pokemon (or both Pokemon if you're playing doubles), you cannot change your selection. On PS, you are able to take back your selection provided that your opponent hasn't made a move yet, despite this not being possible in-game. I would like this feature to be removed to say true to battling in-game. It does sometimes affect people's choices of move. For example, if Player 1makes a move, then realises Player 2 is thinking a long time about his move, this may lead Player 1 to thinking Player 2 is trying harder to outpredict the opponent, so Player 1 may change his move accordingly instead of playing the obvious move. I have been in Player 1's position quite a few times.

I would also like to change the order of my Pokemon in teambuilder. When teambuilding, I often have Pokemon that combo well together placed next to each other on the team. However, my opponent seeing them directly next to each other on the team is going to make it more likely for him to suspect that they combo together than if they were further apart (this generally applies more to doubles than singles though). For example, in the doubles metagame, a lead combo of Hitmontop + Chandelure is more likely to be suspected as a TR combo if the two Pokemon are closer together than if they were further apart. Also, the ability to switch around Pokemon prior to team preview when preparing your team is true to in-game; it saves the effort of having to change the Pokemon, its items, EVs etc manually.

I think it would be pretty convenient if we had a command that would show what tier a specific pokemon would be. Maybe something like, /tier, pokemon? It would be pretty nice, and could save time.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I would also like to change the order of my Pokemon in teambuilder. When teambuilding, I often have Pokemon that combo well together placed next to each other on the team. However, my opponent seeing them directly next to each other on the team is going to make it more likely for him to suspect that they combo together than if they were further apart (this generally applies more to doubles than singles though). For example, in the doubles metagame, a lead combo of Hitmontop + Chandelure is more likely to be suspected as a TR combo if the two Pokemon are closer together than if they were further apart. Also, the ability to switch around Pokemon prior to team preview when preparing your team is true to in-game; it saves the effort of having to change the Pokemon, its items, EVs etc manually.
About this second part, it really isn't so difficult to ctrl+x, ctrl+v in the teambuilder's export/import to shift Pokemon around.

it's lag from your computer/internet it happens on computers too. there's a few occasional times that the server itself is lagging and that's the cause but it's far and few between.

a suggestion would be set a buffer on the find battle button, only allow 1 battle to go through every x amount of seconds (15 i think is a good number) later throughout i hope for it to be customisable but that's so insignificant right now.
I am programmer myself and unless Javascript works too differently from what I am used to, the solution would be 2 lines of code.

Disabling the "Find Battle" button as soon as it is clicked and enabling it again (when the battle is finished, 2 seconds later, after the server responded with a battle, etc).

I believe this is being caused by Java still letting you click the button while it is loading the sprites and the battle system.

Thanks for this web-based simulator and keep on the good work!

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I am programmer myself and unless Javascript works too differently from what I am used to, the solution would be 2 lines of code.

Disabling the "Find Battle" button as soon as it is clicked and enabling it again (when the battle is finished, 2 seconds later, after the server responded with a battle, etc).

I believe this is being caused by Java still letting you click the button while it is loading the sprites and the battle system.

Thanks for this web-based simulator and keep on the good work!
Im not to sure but I think the most common version of this bug is someone only clicking the button once and it sending 2 requests (at least this is what happens with me). So im not to sure disabling the button would help

Okay. How about a way to just sorta turn chat off? It lags like shit on Smogon's main server. There's too many fucking people. Can't we just simply check out and thus speed up our battling? Sounds like a simple thing to do.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Ok, my suggestion is personal usage stats per team, viewable in the team builder tab. This would be similar to the monthly usage stats posted in the Smogon Forums or the Ubuntu Paste Bin, but catered toward your individual teams. I don't know if this would gunk up the code/server too much, but it would be really informative to see:
  • how many battles/wins/losses you've played per team
  • how many times your Blissey/etc has KO'd an opponent, and vice versa, how many times an opponent has KO'd your Blissey/etc.
  • % of moves used per individual team pokemon: Ex: Blissey: 15% Aromatherapy / 30% Softboiled / 50% Seismic Toss / 5% Gravity / 75% stayed in battle / 25% switched out
    (How many times have you wondered: Well, I have Gravity on my Blissey, and it is helpful sometimes for maximizing Entry Hazard, but I'd like to possibly free up that spot for Thunder Wave/Toxic/etc. How much exactly do I actually use Gravity?)

This would be most useful for teams that you use often without much change, as in ladder teams.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay. How about a way to just sorta turn chat off? It lags like shit on Smogon's main server. There's too many fucking people. Can't we just simply check out and thus speed up our battling? Sounds like a simple thing to do.
This has been suggested over and over again for months. If it was easy to do it'd probably have been done already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)