Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Can I just say that if there COULD be less lag, wouldn't it be obvious that it would of been done? obviously changes are being made every day and so while PS might be less laggy over time, it is not a valid suggestion
I don't really see why it's not a valid suggestion, even if PS is able to reduce lag that goes on with animations, people should still have the option to play without them, they can definitely be distracting and if it's easily implementable then I don't see much of a reason not to.

Also I'd really like it if in the text it actually said "Life Orb", when a Pokemon loses hp from it, the regular message just says something else I think.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can I just say that if there COULD be less lag, wouldn't it be obvious that it would of been done? obviously changes are being made every day and so while PS might be less laggy over time, it is not a valid suggestion
what is this meant to mean? the users are not suggesting PS! be made less laggy through unnoticeable optimizations, but through a disallow animations button; which i do think is a good idea.

support if plausible and easy to implement.

Come on, don't tell me my showdown crashes at animations by lack of chance. You don't need to be a genius to realize that lots of bad PC users would have a bigger pleasure playing without them. And I was especially talking of the lags caused by a too old system and not those servers things..

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Switching off the animations has been suggested a couple of times and it'll be probably done sometime in the future. If it were super simple, it'd be done already.

It is also worth noting that disabling animations won't really help much with battle lag.
Disabling option for chat would be much better. Wouldn't probably decrease lag, but at least when messages come with delay, would be smoother to play or build team.
It is annoying to watch chat with delay. Anyway, all people don't chat at all, which would be great for them to have choice to disable chat.

Just to make it clearer : I'm refering to the problems animations cause to people with prehistoric computers, making them unable to play (I personally own such an antiquity) and those with average ones, who probably can't play showdown while being at the same time on fb and youtube, for example. It's clearly relative, like any other graphism on games, to the level of your machine. This is why saying it won't help is everything but not objective.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Just to make it clearer : I'm refering to the problems animations cause to people with prehistoric computers, making them unable to play (I personally own such an antiquity) and those with average ones, who probably can't play showdown while being at the same time on fb and youtube, for example. It's clearly relative, like any other graphism on games, to the level of your machine. This is why saying it won't help is everything but not objective.
Just for reference, it is more graphically intensive to play a youtube video on 240p then the PS graphics, they cause negligible amounts of lag.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Disabling option for chat would be much better. Wouldn't probably decrease lag, but at least when messages come with delay, would be smoother to play or build team.
It is annoying to watch chat with delay. Anyway, all people don't chat at all, which would be great for them to have choice to disable chat.
/lobbychat off iirc

This has probably been sugested before, but a sticked thread that says if PO is down, along with a reason could be helpful. It would stop 'is it me r everyone else' posts.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
This has probably been sugested before, but a sticked thread that says if PO is down, along with a reason could be helpful. It would stop 'is it me r everyone else' posts.
You mean PS?

If it's down for everyone (which has happened maybe twice over the last year), we always have a thread talking about it. For instance, the last one was this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3477680

We haven't had one for the last few weeks because PS isn't actually down. Lately, we've been having intermittent access problems - i.e. some people can access it, but other people can't. And yes, we're working on fixing that.

Hey Zarel,
Just got one thing to suggest.

1. A group chat box ( Just useful for when more than one person wants to talk in private. It could help with a group team build)

You could also have a separate tab on Showdown Devoted to Group teambuilding. This would be very useful.

Thanks.

People already have IRC + PiratePad or other devices to build teams together, so I think your second suggestion is useless.

With the relatively new timer system, if someone leaves after the inactivity timer is already running you have to wait 2 min +, as opposed to if you turn it on after the person leaves, when it is only 1 min.

Snowflakes

Dango Dango Daikazoku
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
People already have IRC + PiratePad or other devices to build teams together, so I think your second suggestion is useless.
I wouldn't call this useless, it allows for users who don't have access, or just don't want another tab open. group chat should be a thing anyway along with channels. everything will come in due time.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Zarel,
Just got one thing to suggest.

1. A group chat box ( Just useful for when more than one person wants to talk in private. It could help with a group team build)

You could also have a separate tab on Showdown Devoted to Group teambuilding. This would be very useful.

Thanks.
One thing that I've done in the past is I've challenged a friend to a 'battle' where we used as a setting for a private chatroom. It wasn't 100% fully private room, but as long as nobody else knew about it it was private enough. Just don't let jr7 announce it in chat and you'll be fine. >.>

Is there any way for people to mute the music but not the cries? That way I could listen to other music when playing, but the cries help remind me when the next turn has come.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but one thing I miss about PO is the box system. It was very useful for uploading commonly used sets to speed up the teambuilder process. Any chance we could have a system like that for PS?

Hi i am not sure if this was mention before but what is your opinion on Channels.
At the moment i think there is way too much activity on the main server which causes a lot of lag whenever i go there while when i go to battle tower i never get that issue.
I am suggesting that there be private channels such as a tournament channel or a game channel(trivia, etc) and for members with status.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Hi i am not sure if this was mention before but what is your opinion on Channels.
At the moment i think there is way too much activity on the main server which causes a lot of lag whenever i go there while when i go to battle tower i never get that issue.
I am suggesting that there be private channels such as a tournament channel or a game channel(trivia, etc) and for members with status.
This has been suggested before and will eventually be done. It wont however help with lag as there will be just as much people talking if not more and the lag is on the server side, not your computer.

Suggestion: Allow a way to look at Pokemons' sets while being trapped by shadow tag.

Reason: I opened a random battle against a Gothitelle and wondered what my other Pokemon's sets were, but couldn't look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)