Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which recommended Evs spreads should be updated as well. Some are just really wacky.

I would send a PM and ask Zarel about being able to contribute to these on IRC in #Showdown.

Last edited:
I know this will never happen but. Does showdown plan to do 3d models for all pokemon to be similar battle gameplay when x and y comes out?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Speaking of which recommended Evs spreads should be updated as well. Some are just really wacky.

I would send a PM and ask Zarel about being able to contribute to these on IRC in #Showdown.
These arent in a list. They are generated based on the moves, item, and stats. So you cant just contribute spreads.

scene

Banned deucer.
I would also spend time contributing to it! Infact a recommended abilities one would make sense too but there's not that many abilities to pick from so idk... either way, i'd help out and make sure it doesnt turn out as silly as the suggest movesets =p
I'd help with this too, if needed.

Well, there not might be much down time between the release and when the sprites are added. This is because Layell and a group of spriters are making sprites of the pokemon as they are being released. You can see the thread here.

Dear Mr. Zarel,
I know your a busy man and all but I just wanted to bring the following things to your attention that I think needs to be improved/modified on Pokémon Showdown:
1. Background Artwork: This is not so much important but I thought that it would bring out the server a little bit more!
2. Sprites for staff: I think staff should be allowed to customize there sprite, after all the hard work they do to daily trying to keep Pokémon Showdown under control from annoying trolls and spammers!
3. Determining whether the Pokémon are male/female in battles: I noticed while playing LC (Little Cup) when using moves such as attract it is would be difficult because you don't know whether the your opponents Pokémon are the opposite gender of your Pokémon.
4. Usernames for accounts and Pokemon: When having the privilege to be able to choose any username you wan't, people tend to get carried away and create highly offensive and inappropriate usernames for there account and Pokemon. It pisses me off because all the usernames are either mocking dead people, racist, and sexual. For goodness sakes there are more little kids than ever since you guys allowed that kids under 13 can be able to join.
5. Authority system: As you know the server has over 4,000 users which means that there needs to be a lot of staff! I feel as if a lot of people don't deserve to be authority and there are a lot of people that deserve it then the ones that don't. Some staff signs on whether they feel like it, or whenever they have time. To me that's obscure but let me not get into detail about that because that is not place to do so.
6. Battle Background: Should be some unique backrounds for battles like in Pokemon Black 2/White 2.
We'll that's basically all the things that 'I' think needs to be improved. Thanks for listening! Please do consider the things I had written!

Dear Mr. Zarel,
I know your a busy man and all but I just wanted to bring the following things to your attention that I think needs to be improved/modified on Pokémon Showdown:
1. Background Artwork: This is not so much important but I thought that it would bring out the server a little bit more!
It's being worked on I'm pretty sure.

2. Sprites for staff: I think staff should be allowed to customize there sprite, after all the hard work they do to daily trying to keep Pokémon Showdown under control from annoying trolls and spammers!
Staff members are allowed to have custom avatars see Exeggutor, The Immortal, Treecko, MikeDecIsHere. Not all staff member choose to have one of their own since getting one made for you can be a hassle.

3. Determining whether the Pokémon are male/female in battles: I noticed while playing LC (Little Cup) when using moves such as attract it is would be difficult because you don't know whether the your opponents Pokémon are the opposite gender of your Pokémon.
This doesn't seem like a hard thing to have fixed. Just be patient.

4. Usernames for accounts and Pokemon: When having the privilege to be able to choose any username you wan't, people tend to get carried away and create highly offensive and inappropriate usernames for there account and Pokemon. It pisses me off because all the usernames are either mocking dead people, racist, and sexual. For goodness sakes there are more little kids than ever since you guys allowed that kids under 13 can be able to join.
The Staff is doing their best to filter out those types of names. We can catch all of them but we reduce the number of them greatly. If there are some that haven't been seen by staff PM a Moderator about it.

5. Authority system: As you know the server as over 4,000 users which means that there needs to be a lot of staff! I feel as if a lot of people don't deserve to be authority and there are a lot of people that deserve it then the ones that don't. Some staff signs on whether they feel like it, or whenever they have time. To me that's obscure but let me not get into detail about that because that is not place to do so.

6. Battle Background: Should be some unique backrounds for battles like in Pokemon Black 2/White 2.
We'll that's basically all the things that 'I' think needs to be improved. Thanks for listening! Please do consider the things I had written!
You mean like this?

http://puu.sh/3Y7rS.jpg

http://puu.sh/3Y7v0.jpg

http://puu.sh/3Y7zl.png

http://puu.sh/3Y7Fn.jpg

http://puu.sh/3Y7V7.jpg[/quote]

It's being worked on I'm pretty sure.

Staff members are allowed to have custom avatars see Exeggutor, The Immortal, Treecko, MikeDecIsHere. Not all staff member choose to have one of their own since getting one made for you can be a hassle.

This doesn't seem like a hard thing to have fixed. Just be patient.

The Staff is doing their best to filter out those types of names. We can catch all of them but we reduce the number of them greatly. If there are some that haven't been seen by staff PM a Moderator about it.

You mean like this?

http://puu.sh/3Y7rS.jpg

http://puu.sh/3Y7v0.jpg

http://puu.sh/3Y7zl.png

http://puu.sh/3Y7Fn.jpg

http://puu.sh/3Y7V7.jpg
[/quote]
Exactly! Thanks for the feedback I was surprised that anyone was gonna reply...we'll I appreciate that you guys are following up and considering my suggestions! I'll be more than welcome to help and lend a hand if needed! :cool:

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Dear zarael i think we should change the rules of the site a little bit, the reason i see this necesariy is because i have seen a lot of people on the lobby:
A) Posting sweeps with sweepy pokemon (i don't get this and sometimes is very annoying)
b) People asking dates on the chat (this is not a dating system we came here to battle people!!)

When a certain ladder gets deleted (suspect tests and whatnot), could it also be removed from your ratings list as well? It can get a little annoying when all your accounts are cluttered with ladders that don't exist anymore

1: An RPG game on PS would kick ass.
2: Less voices.
3: A few more rules.
4: A new type of auth that can only start tournaments. (This has been done on other servers)
5: More avatars.
6:A

Hello :) I'm a very math person and I love to look at statistics. I was wondering if possible when we look up our rank, if we could get more stats other than Win/Lose. Something like average turns per game? Recent 5 matches? How many times someone has DC against you? Most common type used? Most common move? Obviously this would be a great undertaking and I understand if you don't have much time but looking at stats of other places would give the game of Pokemon a more, full on sport type feel. If that makes sense. Thank you for your time.

This is my first post on this site's forum and I ' d like to suggest a few things about the ladder mechanics although I am pretty sure this is a subject senior members touched more than one times before me. To begin with , there is no place where we, the regular users, can find out how the ladder works . Even though that maybe intentional , I strongly think that there should be one . Apart from that, having battled a lot in most of the tiers I can tell that the rating is not to be called fair. A player with a long running winning strike can easily rocket up in the top ranks. However , he can as easily hit the bottom. This is the tricky part , after experiencing a few losses the amount of points gained tends to be ridiculously little.Although I am not sure as to why that happens ( I have asked about it administrators without a fruitful response ) , I guess that the whole ranking system is based on statistics. I propose a more just way of rewarding players. A variety of criteria could be used to determine the quality of a player during the game . For instance : number of turns till victory , number of successful combos, or even a voting system, and of course the result of the game. I believe that this would make the metagame experience even more enjoyable than it already is.

A variety of criteria could be used to determine the quality of a player during the game . For instance : number of turns till victory , number of successful combos, or even a voting system, and of course the result of the game. I believe that this would make the metagame experience even more enjoyable than it already is.
Remember that those criteria must be converted into numbers to get players' ranking and that's not really easy to do it in a balanced way. Also, I don't see other quantifiable criterias other than rating difference between players and match result. A voting system is totally unusable imo, and the number of turns of the match is a totally wrong way to determine the quality of a player.

Remember that those criteria must be converted into numbers to get players' ranking and that's not really easy to do it in a balanced way. Also, I don't see other quantifiable criterias other than rating difference between players and match result. A voting system is totally unusable imo, and the number of turns of the match is a totally wrong way to determine the quality of a player.
Well , I guess the number of turns does not really say anything about a player in most cases . Other than that , however , there could be a lot of factors to consider, but for that to be done correctly, it should be determined by more experienced players than me for example. As you said , it does require tons of work in the coding department but it is a plausible and not an impossible task. But I do not agree with the rating difference as a criteria for the match result mainly because the way players are matched up is random. In that case it might take from hours to months to progress in the ladder , not to mention that most would quit their efforts halfway. I think one senario that the rating difference could work is if the matchups were between people of the same sort of say "level". Again that would create other problems such as waiting lots of time for the right opponent ...

I would like to request a chat for the LC Tier. To be honest I think the main Tiers should have their own respective chats as well but I am here mostly to ask for LC. On the LC forum we have a lot of challenges and events so an quick and easily accessible chat on the showdown server would be very useful. It would also help people who want to get into LC since a respective LC chat could help provide them with quick tips and support. Right now most people are using an IRC chat but very few people know about it and it would be much easier if there was simply one on showdown. So please admins of Showdown, take some time to consider it. Thanks.

I feel like I fought for individual metagame chats before, and it went no where. I could be remembering incorrectly though. Who knows?

Anyway, I like the idea. I'll talk to some of the staff and see if we can come to a consensus (unless I'm remembering correctly, and we already did).

edit: done B)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)