Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello, I have yet another suggestion!

A More Details Button for your moves. While in the teambuilding, I think it would be very beneficial to have the ability to see the extra details. Or the details displayed in battle. It would look like this:

Basically clicking the button will have a small pop- up (depends on the amount of description put into each move). If you do not know what I mean, try joining a battle and hovering over one of your moves. Some of the small descriptions aren't enough to me and some other users on PS! . So the ability to see the extra details in battle would be very useful when making sets for Pokemon or just teambuilding in general. Even /dt (or /data) doesn't display this, so perhaps a similar feature could be applied to /dt?

Fake Melo

Banned deucer.
I suggest there be an option to disabled / enable the light tint that highlights your message when you chat. If no one knows what I am referring to, here it is:

Attachments

It does, at least for Battle Spot Doubles
It's unfortunate that the level cap of the format doesn't get automatically get communicated to the teambuilder, but I guess that for those temporary formats that default to level 50 I can build the team using that Battle Spot Doubles and then switch it when I've finished.

A little bar on the side of the teambuider to have a few notes about the team, such as possible changes for the team, what it is weak to if you just lost a game to it, etc. This will make it much easier to remember those things, instead of having like, yeah, I don't even know, a Word document about it?

I think it'd be cool if how wide each "section" of PS! was customizable. What I mean by that is changing the size of the chat box, the wideness of PMs, etc. If that could be implemented that'd be really cool.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In the teambuilder, it would be cool if there's a place where we can put notes about the pokemon, such as what the current EVs are designed to do. Sometimes I forget what each of my rotom-w's are meant to survive, so this would be really helpful.

It would be even cooler if we can see these notes during a battle when we hover over our pokemon, right below the current PP of moves. Add a size limit or something so that it doesn't fill the whole screen lol.

I've been on a smaller server for a while now. The amount of people on there likes to vary somewhere between a handfull and a little bit over thirty. Additionally, battles are started manually, which renders the "Look for a battle"-button pretty much useless. Another thing, is, that I'm not particularly a fan of constantly switching between that server and the one where the actual stuff happens.

That pretty much lead me to the thought, that having some kind of plugin, that allowed the "Look for a battle"-button to include other servers as well, would be a really cool thing to have. Fortunately, usernames are defined globally, anyway, so at least that part shouldn't be much of an issue.

I have a small pet peeve with watching replays, the default play button is with the music on and there is a small "play with music off" on the bottom. Why can't the replay use your current preferences for music on PS? I always forget and click play and the music catches me off guard lol

A little suggestion is too maybe add our ladder position for each tier, makes it More convenient ad easier to find your position on ladder each time then finding your name in the list + seems like something PS should already future.

A little suggestion is too maybe add our ladder position for each tier, makes it More convenient ad easier to find your position on ladder each time then finding your name in the list + seems like something PS should already future.
Using Command + F (Mac) or Control + F (Windows) will allow you to find your name on the ladder easily.

Using Command + F (Mac) or Control + F (Windows) will allow you to find your name on the ladder easily.
Yes I know this, but it finds more searches if your active in the lobby/chat I'm just saying seems like something that should have already possibly been implemented on PS.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Can we clean up the usable moves section of the teambuilder so that moves that are actually usable are there? For example, double edge on gengar is definitely not usable in any tier any way shape or form.

I think that Showdown should show in battle whenever an ability is changed.
Maybe this isn't the correct way to say it but let me give an example.

I was playing a random battle against a Banette-Mega. This Banette used Shadow Claw against my Cofafrigus, and became Mummy.
The next turn, my Gligar used toxic, then he used Taunt. We both were confused on why Taunt didn't go first with Prankster (which was still showed when hovering our mouse on his Banette), until we found out it was because of Mummy.

So I think that Showdown should show that the ability is no longer Prankster but Mummy instead. I suppose that this is not implemented either for things like Simple beam, skill swap etc. and that it should be done for them too :)

Thanks in advance

I think that Showdown should show in battle whenever an ability is changed.
Maybe this isn't the correct way to say it but let me give an example.

I was playing a random battle against a Banette-Mega. This Banette used Shadow Claw against my Cofafrigus, and became Mummy.
The next turn, my Gligar used toxic, then he used Taunt. We both were confused on why Taunt didn't go first with Prankster (which was still showed when hovering our mouse on his Banette), until we found out it was because of Mummy.

So I think that Showdown should show that the ability is no longer Prankster but Mummy instead. I suppose that this is not implemented either for things like Simple beam, skill swap etc. and that it should be done for them too :)

Thanks in advance
It might not show when you hover over it, but during the battle it does say when mummy changes the ability. If you look at the battle log for that turn it'll be there.

Could Pokemon Showdown implement a Kappa emoji? I feel this will make chatting even more enjoyable. There are a lot of avid twitch users on showdown and they would all appreciate this. Perhaps other emojis could also be implemented such as :) or :(.
Emojis are banned on PS.

I think that a way to show that certain move combinations/ability combos are illegal/vice versa would be good. It's a little annoying to say, slap Soft-Boiled on an Unaware Clef only to find it's illegal.

Maybe so that you can set showjoins to only appear or not appear in certain rooms? Like maybe it could work so that I could set it so that they don't show up in Lobby, as I dislike seeing random users joining and leaving every two seconds, but so they show in other rooms.

It would be helpful if we implemented a School/College room. A number of our younger members are in high school who may have aspirations to attend college or have questions about high school extracurriculars. Some of our senior members are attending or have attended university and can give ample guidance for our younger members. Zarel

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for the Damage Calculator. Could we have an option that would automatically set all pokemon to the desired level? (5/50/100/custom for example). It gets tiring after a while (especially in the middle of the battle) to manually correct the levels every time. Especially since some sets are lvl 50 while others are at 100.

eaglehawk said:
It would be helpful if we implemented a School/College room. A number of our younger members are in high school who may have aspirations to attend college or have questions about high school extracurriculars. Some of our senior members are attending or have attended university and can give ample guidance for our younger members.
Isn't there a room called 'Scholastic' for that?

Pathief said:
I would like to be able to donate and get rid of the ads.
You can always use an ad blocker like AdBlock

I have two suggestions.
1. Would it be possible to stop searching for battles after hitting the cancel button on the ladder? It's really annoying when you accidentally hit the button, then cancel it, but then get a battle anyways.

2. A UI to code HTML in, especially for room intros. Either this, or the ability for PS to accept code written on a number of lines (The command only applies to the line it's on). Adding roomintros using the normal chat box can be really annoying and confusing.

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2. A UI to code HTML in, especially for room intros. Either this, or the ability for PS to accept code written on a number of lines (The command only applies to the line it's on). Adding roomintros using the normal chat box can be really annoying and confusing.
You can always use a tool such as Notepad++ and then remove all the extra spaces and tabs. To make that easier, you could active the paragraph symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)