Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAN WE GET A SHOWDOWN/SMOGON MOBILE APP PLEASE??
Idk if this is under development or anything, but it really wud be great to have this happen. I'd love to be able to play showdown on my phone but my phone's browser cant handle the animations. So if there was an app that we could use, perhaps without the sprite animations, that wud be great! :)

Giving you or an opponent sticky web in a random battles means that 95% of the time your opponent or you get the win no matter what.

Speed is everything in random battles and all of your team being slower than the opponents means you nearly always lose.

I don't mind losing if its down to my mistake but the fact that nearly every sticky web users is fast meaning there is rarely a chance to stop it from happening. I don't like the game giving my opponent a free victory off the bat.

You rarely if ever get a defogger or rapid spinner on your team to remedy it and to be honest I am fed up with losing because of a sticky web slowing my entire team down.

At least balance it so that every time you get a sticky web user your opponent has a rapid spinner or defogger on their team.

Giving you or an opponent sticky web in a random battles means that 95% of the time your opponent or you get the win no matter what.

Speed is everything in random battles and all of your team being slower than the opponents means you nearly always lose.

I don't mind losing if its down to my mistake but the fact that nearly every sticky web users is fast meaning there is rarely a chance to stop it from happening. I don't like the game giving my opponent a free victory off the bat.

You rarely if ever get a defogger or rapid spinner on your team to remedy it and to be honest I am fed up with losing because of a sticky web slowing my entire team down.

At least balance it so that every time you get a sticky web user your opponent has a rapid spinner or defogger on their team.
Hello, I merged your thread to this because it's a suggestion and should have been posted here in the first place.

Thing about randbats is that it is ultimately always going to be luck dependant (for example, having a pokemon that counters the opponent's team, having a xerneas that wins 80% of matchups if it can get a geomancy up, etc) and hazards in general are a great asset to any team lucky enough to get it. Sticky web is no different, it can be immensely useful or a waste of a turn (think non grounded mons), so I doubt it's going anywhere. Idk if your defog suggestion is feasible, but the devs will see if that's something that works.

Random Battle does not give you competitive or balanced teams. It attempts to generate good sets for each Pokemon, on their own. If you're looking for competitive and balanced teams, play Battle Factory.

Its the fact that you cant really win when its thrown down xerneas ect can be beaten by bulky pokemon but to have your entire team slower is such a big hiderance its nearly impossible to win once its down.

Since I'm too lazy to read 28 pages*, I don't know if this was already asked, but if it isn't, here it is:
"Anything goes triples/doubles" formats.
All of my current teams are Anything goes in single battle, and I'd love to expand (and I really want to test my tripples full Smeargle team).

*I know, the rules literally say "Don't be lazy!", but I just wanna make a suggestion, not spend ten minutes reading posts that may have no use to me, since I just want to suggest this.

Having a location on the client to add team comments would be quite useful, especially when you want to conveniently leave notes on what more complex EV spreads do or some other specific notes like that for reference.

I would probably suggest at least allowing it in importables, separated like how you would separate comments in code (e.g. "//", "**", etc.)

Here's a relatively simple example:

Code:
Yveltal @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 228 HP / 68 Atk / 12 Def / 12 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Disable
- Protect

// Spd EVs speed creep 252+ Spd Primals
// Disable used over TW due to having another TW user on current team

Pretty minor, but can we improve some of the sets in random battles (original, monotype, etc.) to have more common or more viable sets, Namely Terrakion.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Pretty minor, but can we improve some of the sets in random battles (original, monotype, etc.) to have more common or more viable sets, Namely Terrakion.
Random battles sets are not necessarily meant to be viable, they wouldn't be that random, if they were. Try Battle Factory, if you want more viable teams and sets.

(of course, if you get something like Nasty Plot on a Persian with only physical moves, that's a bug that should be reported to the minor bug reports thread).

Random battles sets are not necessarily meant to be viable, they wouldn't be that random, if they were. Try Battle Factory, if you want more viable teams and sets.

(of course, if you get something like Nasty Plot on a Persian with only physical moves, that's a bug that should be reported to the minor bug reports thread).
So I'm guessing Randbats are the middle ground between Battle Factory and Challenge Cup? But the more common sets should be used imo.

so I guess it's just me, but I would really like to see a /poll edit feature, which lets you -obviously- edit the current poll without having to create a new one

I'm new to Pokémon Showdown, and I'm kinda amazed how well it works even on mobile browsers. Though, there's one irritating thing: when I want to know what a move does, I hold the move button to see the details. But because long-pressing triggers text-selection in mobile browsers (it selects the move name), it gets annoying to check the move details. This could be easily fixed by applying the CSS rule:
Code:
user-select: none;
to the move button elements.

Reactions: g
So, we have /tour autostart # --- Which functions as a timer to start, and we also have methods to limit the maximum number of players. Could we perhaps make it so if that maximum number is met (/tour new ou, elimination, 8) that the tour automatically starts? Or have a separate command that starts a tour upon reaching a specified number of entrants?

It would be awesome if you cam make a mobile app on app store or play store of pokemon showdown battle simulator, more people to battle and smogon would be more famous and it would be super fun.

I like with /roomauth you can see what users are online when they are bolded so it should be possible with /auth. This would make it easier for users to find a staff member that can help them, without having to checking if they are online with /user.

When abilities like Pixilate activate on a move, PS! always shows the x1.33 new Base Power. Can't they also do this for STAB moves? I think it would make calculating the best play a little quicker for some and would generally be helpful. Make sure to count in Adaptability, too! :)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi I cant find a better place for this. When you do !faq ca, http://www.smogon.com/sim/faq#customavatar shows up. However, with the new guidelines allowing way more custom avatars, it's very annoyed for this to be outdated because people keep asking me how I have one when I'm not global staff. Can it be updated?

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
What is the possibility and/or viability of implementing a Multi Battle function on Pokémon Showdown? I think it would be a wonderful addition that, if executed properly, would receive positive results.

Also, another idea is to have multiple people in a single PM chat. This would be beneficial in that a group of people who wish to speak with each other aside from a large room would have the ability to do so with convenience in mind.

Would it be possible to allow room owners to be able to alter the permissions for !show image for their room on a case by case basis per room staff or by lowering the minimum requirement? For example /commandname [user] would enable the user to use !show image and /commandname [room rank], [global rank] would change the minimum requirement. This would be useful in rooms where the !show image command can utilized to improved the user's experience and that room owners cannot always be online. Concerns about trust regarding allowing this can be address by only allowing the commands to affect global voices that are room staff.

Add situational / room only highlights

IE: I want to be highlighted by the phrase "Anything Goes" in the Other Metas room for a project, but I don't want to be bugged when a room like Lobby is posting about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)